• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlai

Hahaha I just busted a Threi. Thought I had U1 with Makoto so after a focus crumple vs eva a EX Fukiage came out :(

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
jlai said:
Hahaha I just busted a Threi. Thought I had U1 with Makoto so after a focus crumple vs eva a EX Fukiage came out :(

That shit happens to me so much that I want to cry.

Little late to respond, as I only got home from London Monday night-ish and was tired for the majority of Tuesday, but SVB was great. First time I went to a tournament of that size and I didn't too well actually, but still had fun playing casuals, watching the top 8's (especially with the ecstatic' crowd), meeting up with certain individuals and so forth throughout the event. There were some delays 'n all and I struggled to adjust to offline play as well as the various televisions (some were also laggy) since I naturally don't get a lot of chances to get accustomed to a play environment like that, but it was still a very enjoyable first-time experience that I wouldn't mind repeating next year if it's possible for me to attend.

Won against RickyTTT's Ryu 2 - 1 in a close Best of 3 match (don't know if that was his 'true secondary') , did decently against V-Ryu's Makoto and PR Balrog (I still lost however) and my match against Evans in the 5 vs 5 tourney also got uploaded on YouTube for those who are interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUlKZylggAM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYhY89bFL8o (same match, but for those who don't want the French commentary)
If it wasn't obvious enough already, luck was on my side here.

And here's some random photo's I found on Neo Empire and the like:

6iyvyc.jpg

vzubv8.jpg

6yywdu.jpg

65+ groups and Blanka's covering me up in group 7.
hrfy28.jpg

Average size of the crowd watching the 5 vs 5's.
9lgayw.jpg

The 11-year old that won some matches off of Daigo.
30agjzr.jpg

Crowd for one of the top 8's.

And some channels for those who want to catch up:

- toge64's Channel - SFIII: Third Strike top 8
- VIP2GAMING's Channel - General
- Puyo432343's Channel - SSFIV, general-ish
- Hakf's Channel - Primarily SSFIV (direct feed & cam) + 5 vs 5 with commentary.
- Haven't found anything yet from the BlazBlu: CS top 8, sadly.

Spirit of Jazz said:
I'm so dumb for not going, after getting over my hissy-fitting caused by my joystick (by buying a new stick for my SE...) I managed to find someone who could house me but sign-ups were closed already :( It's completely unrelated to Shinji and Infexious taking 10 straight rounds against me whenever I play them destroying my hopes of doing well in it...

So I won't be showing up, hope you and VlaD get put on blast by Abels ;)
Only saw some Abels I might've had to play against in the 5 vs 5, but 'our' Rose player (who was just randomly picked up as a fifth member at the venue itself) fortunately took them out pretty swiftly!

Wiseblade said:
Since I can't really sleep right now I thought i might as well give a SVB update.

MicVlaD, Soneet and myself are the only Gaffers competing in Super AFAIK. All three of us made it out of our 5-man round robin groups, with MicVlad and Soneet topping their groups and me coming second.

My knockout rounds were supposed to start yesterday, but the tournament overran and they got moved to this evening. If I win my first round then I'm likely to face Kayane. :lol

Also... There a 5v5 SSFIV tournament today that MicVlaD and myself are in. WorstGiefEver and I invited VlaD to join our team, but he rejected us for PR Balrog's team. So I officially deem him a Traitor to GAF. :D
To be fair, I didn't see WGE on the list when the wildcard team was looking for members and he only asked me afterwards!

And "Team F*ck Wiseblade" doesn't quite have an alluring ring to it!

Soneet said:
Posting from a hostel with a borrowed netbook: So many WTF moments in SVB. Videos will be uploaded when I'm back home.

Shout out to Wiseblade and MicVlad: great hanging out there with you.

Also met MarkMan, obviously played with Daigo in casuals (got destroyed), I was in the same pool as Ryan Hart (lost to him, won the rest so I got through the pools). Also got to play with Kayane(great girl) and many others. Overall it has been a great experience. Lost straight away in the brackets to a Bison played by Padgy(sp?).
Yup, even though I probably only briefly chatted with you and Wiseblade for most of the event.

black_vegeta said:
Wasn't MicVlad on his team? I wonder if he experienced the Eduardo rudeness.
Didn't notice PR Balrog being rude to me directly, but I wouldn't be surprised if he and everyone else on the team was thinking "What the hell is up with this guy?" after being steamrolled by both an Ibuki and Louffy's Rose in the 5 vs 5. Only did well against a Rufus who didn't seem to be comfortable with the match-up and got lucky against Evans' Fei-Long.

Spirit of Jazz said:
Also this, making angry Sim even angrier can't be a good thing. On the same subject do you know how VlaD placed?
Placed first in the group stage with a score of 4 - 1 (lost to a Ryu partially due to stupid mistakes), then got eliminated by a good pad El Fuerte one match before the winner had to take on Daigo in the second round brackets. No Loser's Brackets either. Played really sloppy there even though I knew the match-up to an extent and inexperience with offline play really showed here.

USD said:
MarlinPie's Cammy is disgusting. He's the only one I've seen in the US hitting those links like that. Also pulled off a sick CH c.HP > Ultra. Marlin is NAH Sako confirmed.

holy shit, he's good! Never heard of him before.

USD said:
MarlinPie's Cammy is disgusting. He's the only one I've seen in the US hitting those links like that. Also pulled off a sick CH c.HP > Ultra. Marlin is NAH Sako confirmed.
marlinpie isnt nah

you might know him by Kyohei the name he is called depends on who is running the tournament.

USD

AkumaHokoru said:
marlinpie isnt nah

you might know him by Kyohei the name he is called depends on who is running the tournament.
Yeah, I know, I was just saying he's Sako (who is definitely NAH).

tzare

IntelliHeath said:
Ranked or Player?

usually ranked. unless with friends, i do not play infinite battle. I tried yesterday though, i lost 6 in a row agains a good ryu player, but when i managed to win him i was kicked out XD

People take this too seriously. I mean, i want to win, i dislike some playing styles, but this is what the game is about, so no need to keep sending messages eveytime Vegas and shotos kick my ass XD

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
tzare said:
usually ranked. unless with friends, i do not play infinite battle. I tried yesterday though, i lost 6 in a row agains a good ryu player, but when i managed to win him i was kicked out XD

People take this too seriously. I mean, i want to win, i dislike some playing styles, but this is what the game is about, so no need to keep sending messages eveytime Vegas and shotos kick my ass XD

I usually get too much hate messages which flattered me, but I got sick of ragequitters. I got those ragequitters too much.

BitchTits

Of all the horrible matchups for Makoto, I find Boxer really difficult. It feels like everything he has is safe and his jab just stops anything Makoto has cold in it's tracks.

Guile too can be a pain in the ass. I did beat a 8000BP Akuma earlier though, I love fighting characters with low health, they can run, but once you get them it's bye-bye 60% of their health in one go!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Relinquish your pain unto me. My angel baaaaaabbbbbbbbbbby. If I could I would turn all the bad to good.

And another lower tier tourney matches.

Kaako vs MightyKac.
Kaako wins 2-1
Match one
Match two
Match three

Random tournament going through the works. Hmmmmmmm.......maybe Live.

And I know there are lurkers whom want to join GAF and never got accepted. Support team please help them out. More people are always welcome in our little community. :D

derFeef

Caj814 said:
Also does anyone have any idea if a TE Stick for the 360 has input lag on the PC?I recently tested it on SF4 PC and GGPO and noticed some slight input lag.
Oh wow I thought I was crazy and a friend laughet at me because I could not nail any combos on PC anymore as i switched back from Super on the 360.

jlai

Random Live tourney, yes please! For once, me messing around with a bunch of characters might actually prove helpful

MightyKAC

Kadey said:
Relinquish your pain unto me. My angel baaaaaabbbbbbbbbbby. If I could I would turn all the bad to good.

Kaako vs MightyKac.
Kaako wins 2-1
Match one
Match two
Match three

And I know there are lurkers whom want to join GAF and never got accepted. Support team please help them out. More people are always welcome in our little community. :D
Lol man those matches are painful to look at. Ever since then I've been practicing my ass off. So that hopefully in the next tourney you should see a completely different Vega from me....

Kadey said:

Kaako vs MightyKac.
Kaako wins 2-1
Match one
Match two
Match three

I am a stream monster, not a fighter...
Wish I was as good as THIS SCRUB

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Yo Vegita, I need to get at dat rawg sometime to train for SB :D

BitchTits said:
Of all the horrible matchups for Makoto, I find Boxer really difficult. It feels like everything he has is safe and his jab just stops anything Makoto has cold in it's tracks.

Guile too can be a pain in the ass. I did beat a 8000BP Akuma earlier though, I love fighting characters with low health, they can run, but once you get them it's bye-bye 60% of their health in one go!

Boxer's a bad match for her imho for 2 reasons: he can turtle the shit out of her, and any jab that connects can potentially lead to a knockdown.

Jabs are sort of a double-edged sword for him in this matchup though. What I like to do against Boxer is get just outside of the range of his jabs and get him to push buttons that I can counterhit. Once he's knocked down, he can't do anything against meaty c.mk except ex dash punches, but Mak has some fun option selects to deal with those if you think it's coming. st.mp (just out of range so it'll whiff if he doesn't do anything) buffer ex karakusa grabs him. cr.mp buffer ex karakusa grabs him from certain distances too if he does ex dash punch when he's not knocked down, but I like cr.mp buffer ex oroshi more in those situations because there's more room for error.

Dartastic

Any really good Bison players on here? I need practice as Lil' Mak vs. a good Bison. Yeah. LET'S DO THIS. Any tips on that matchup?

Lost Fragment said:
Yo Vegita, I need to get at dat rawg sometime to train for SB :D

Boxer's a bad match for her imho for 2 reasons: he can turtle the shit out of her, and any jab that connects can potentially lead to a knockdown.

Jabs are sort of a double-edged sword for him in this matchup though. What I like to do against Boxer is get just outside of the range of his jabs and get him to push buttons that I can counterhit. Once he's knocked down, he can't do anything against meaty c.mk except ex dash punches, but Mak has some fun option selects to deal with those if you think it's coming. st.mp (just out of range so it'll whiff if he doesn't do anything) buffer ex karakusa grabs him. cr.mp buffer ex karakusa grabs him from certain distances too if he does ex dash punch when he's not knocked down, but I like cr.mp buffer ex oroshi more in those situations because there's more room for error.

Yeah, we can get some matches in. I would like to get some more experience against Dat Mak since no one really plays as her.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Dartastic said:
Any really good Bison players on here? I need practice as Lil' Mak vs. a good Bison. Yeah. LET'S DO THIS. Any tips on that matchup?

Meaty st.hk trades with ex pc in your favor and makes ex headstomp whiff.

Otherwise, pray.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
BitchTits said:

Yeah these two are my most dreaded when playing Makoto.

im takin this bitch to tournament tonight. hell yeah, get bodied.

Dartastic said:
XBL? Ps. Your friend list is full. Otherwise I'd send you an invite right now.
I can get on right now and do a few matches with you if you want. But fair warning, I'm in college and there may be a chance you won't connect to me.

Dartastic

I'm so glad that I ordered new parts. I swear, I've never missed this many qcf x2 to the right in my LIFE.

Edit- if anyone wants to play now, I'm on. Gamertag is dartastic. And dbjoseph, I couldn't connect. :(

hitsugi

USD said:

maybe the only one you've seen, but definitely not the only not the only one here.. regardless, the guy has a pretty solid Cammy :D too bad Honda happened :\

BitchTits said:

same for Guy. Boxer can beat anything Guy throws out. Boxers make me cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom