• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

USD

hitsugi said:
maybe the only one you've seen, but definitely not the only not the only one here.. regardless, the guy has a pretty solid Cammy :D too bad Honda happened :\
I'm not saying he's the good Cammy out there, just that he's the only one I've seen doing the Sako™ combo with consistency.

Grifter

Lost Fragment said:
Yo Vegita, I need to get at dat rawg sometime to train for SB :D
you goin fa'sho? got a ladyfriend from ohio bugging us to make the long trip...

same for Guy. Boxer can beat anything Guy throws out. Boxers make me cry.
you still playing guy? gimme some practice? haven't played guy in forever (or any variety outside of 3 characters)

Caj814

haunts said:
Yeah these two are my most dreaded when playing Makoto.

im takin this bitch to tournament tonight. hell yeah, get bodied.

So I take it your faith in Makoto has been slightly restored? :lol

Grifter said:
you still playing guy? gimme some practice? haven't played guy in forever (or any variety outside of 3 characters)

yeah, I still play him. It's a love/hate relationship but I reached a point where losing doesn't bother me anymore, the salt just rolls off, lol, i dun care...he's fun to play. Hit me up anytime Grifter (although I can't play tonight)

vegeta - Guy = free points for your Boxer at the ranbats ;-)

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Whaaaa.... whatthefuuuuckkkk??

Could the button commands be any less informative?

I go onto gamefaqs and learn that to do ultra combos you need to do the motion then push all 3 punch or kick buttons. All this time I was unable to do them thinking I had to do the motion then three straight punches/kicks.

Whhhyyy Capcom why so vague!?! You got NOTHING on VFs sensible training mode!

On the bright side I can now occasionally do ultra combos so ^.^

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
LevelUp with that 60fps stream, damn.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/leveluplive

And get ready to watch Haunts break out Makoto...

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/iplaywinner

Lindsay said:

Sadly, no fighter has had anything on VF(4:EVO)'s training mode since. :(

(though there is a legend for the symbols/notation on the in-game movelists somewhere... I forget what button you push to access it when you bring it up)

Dartastic

Just played a bunch of live matches at Ground Kontrol. I almost never play live with good people. I did much, much better with Mak. I still lost a lot, but I lost to the guy who beat me super hard in the last tourney who is super good. It really made me realize how much worse she is with online lag, and it really, really made me want my new parts for my joystick!

Lindsay said:
Whaaaa.... whatthefuuuuckkkk??

Could the button commands be any less informative?

I go onto gamefaqs and learn that to do ultra combos you need to do the motion then push all 3 punch or kick buttons. All this time I was unable to do them thinking I had to do the motion then three straight punches/kicks.

:lol

BitchTits

Lost Fragment said:
Boxer's a bad match for her imho for 2 reasons: he can turtle the shit out of her, and any jab that connects can potentially lead to a knockdown.

Jabs are sort of a double-edged sword for him in this matchup though. What I like to do against Boxer is get just outside of the range of his jabs and get him to push buttons that I can counterhit. Once he's knocked down, he can't do anything against meaty c.mk except ex dash punches, but Mak has some fun option selects to deal with those if you think it's coming. st.mp (just out of range so it'll whiff if he doesn't do anything) buffer ex karakusa grabs him. cr.mp buffer ex karakusa grabs him from certain distances too if he does ex dash punch when he's not knocked down, but I like cr.mp buffer ex oroshi more in those situations because there's more room for error.
That's great advice, but I've never done an option select in my life and wouldn't know where to start, I can only do a FADC about 10% of the time and that's in training mode! :lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Daigo needs to step up his game against Abel. I haven't seen one single video of him beating Shiro in Vanilla SFIV and this is another video of him against an extremely good Abel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2D6w3ucJ9g

WATCH IT. IT'S GOOD.

Yoshichan said:
Daigo needs to step up his game against Abel. I haven't seen one single video of him beating Shiro in Vanilla SFIV and this is another video of him against an extremely good Abel:

WATCH IT. IT'S GOOD.

Daigo's winning percentage on Youtube is like 14%. In other words, you only see him when someone beats him and wants to upload the match to show off to others. He doesn't seem to care to upload any matches. We pretty much only see him do well in longer sets.

As for Shiro, I've seen him face him twice and lost. Not a indicator or who normally dominates this match up.

Yoshichan said:

WATCH IT. IT'S GOOD.

He beat Justin's Abel. :lol

Hell, while we're on the subject on good players getting beat...

Here's one with Eita (Akuma) vs LamerBee (Adon)

and

Momochi (Ken) vs Holy A JPN (Balrog)

Word on the streetz, the green212 GT is supposed to be Momochi on XBL. Momokamo is his PSN ID.

USD

Rice-Eater said:
Daigo's winning percentage on Youtube is like 14%. In other words, you only see him when someone beats him and wants to upload the match to show off to others. He doesn't seem to care to upload any matches. We pretty much only see him do well in longer sets.
That's the hilarious thing about watching videos on Nico Nico. In the few uploaded videos of Daigo winning, you get lots of "WTF, Daigo won?" and "Kachihara/Agehara" comments. :lol

black_vegeta said:
That's just my own Adon hate, I can't stand that fucking guy! :p

well i also remember arturo posting that Adon is an easy-mode character or something. I figured that thought was gaining momentum or somethin. He does look like a tricky matchup for Akuma players, it seems eita has a lot of trouble setting up his offense on him.

The other night I played a guy names JagaTooth, and ended up picking Rog the whole time :lol

BotoxAgent said:
well i also remember arturo posting that Adon is an easy-mode character or something. I figured that thought was gaining momentum or somethin. He does look like a tricky matchup for Akuma players, it seems eita has a lot of trouble setting up his offense on him.

The other night I played a guy names JagaTooth, and ended up picking Rog the whole time :lol

Tokido had a hell of a time against him in a match I saw as well.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Rice-Eater said:
As for Shiro, I've seen him face him twice and lost. Not a indicator or who normally dominates this match up.
Link.

Edit: I thought he was called LamerBee? My bad.

hertog

Now hat I got my blanka bp up to around 5500, I want to try some secondary characters. But that made me lose >1000 pp tonight :lol

But I'm getting pretty good with bison, I love his poke's and cross-ups

Rocwell

Yoshichan said:
Link.

Edit: I thought he was called LamerBee? My bad.
Probably got his name confused with Lamerboi who is a Guile player.

Seb has been doing stuff with MLG doing commentary for Tekken tournies.

MiniBossBattle said:
I am a stream monster, not a fighter...
Wish I was as good as THIS SCRUB

My roommate (retekin) plays a great honda, so I have an appreciation for the character.

If that video is indicative of how that honda plays normally, then he is absolutely terrible. He only gets damage off jump-ins and extremely punishable headbutt/buttstomp spam. I'm sure he put the "scrub" title in there trying to be sarcastic, hoping people would be like "omg lol wut u mean scrub u so good perfecting people" but he really IS a scrub.

Damn, first week Back in classes and it's already kicking my ass, I haven't been able to play. Had an ugly ass migraine yesterday too....

Miss my PSN family.....stay salty my friends.

I miss Panda <3

FindMyFarms said:
My roommate (retekin) plays a great honda, so I have an appreciation for the character.

If that video is indicative of how that honda plays normally, then he is absolutely terrible. He only gets damage off jump-ins and extremely punishable headbutt/buttstomp spam. I'm sure he put the "scrub" title in there trying to be sarcastic, hoping people would be like "omg lol wut u mean scrub u so good perfecting people" but he really IS a scrub.

He does seem pretty full of himself, "should i upload the other +40min of extra footage that I left out in this edition? ;)"

chriskun

FindMyFarms said:

Yeah, I don't see how he got all those wins. Those people were obviously very inexperienced with the matchup, betting they all had sub 2000 pp.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
BitchTits said:
That's great advice, but I've never done an option select in my life and wouldn't know where to start, I can only do a FADC about 10% of the time and that's in training mode! :lol

The cr.mp os ex oroshi one is easy, but Boxer is one of the only characters it's all that useful against. Just buffer the ex oroshi after the c.mp like you're gonna cancel into it. If he does a regular dash punch, he gets counterhit by the cr.mp which lets you combo into ex oroshi. If he does ex dash punch, the cr.mp gets rid of his armor and the invincibility on the oroshi avoids his punch (except one of his ex punches, forgot which) and hits him out of it. If he doesn't run into your cr.mp at all, the ex oroshi won't come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom