• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dartastic

Relix said:
You needed some torture signs or just a Makoto drawing. Yeah.
Probably, but this looks way better and is less likely to make me rage. I have noticed a huge difference even in the two or three matches I've played with it so far, it is WAY, WAY better. Now when something bullshit comes out, I know it's not the stick's fault... It's mine. Luckily I haven't noticed any BS yet, so I know it was totally the stick's fault. :lol

I hope that they add Twelve in the arcade version, SSF4 doesn't have a real bullshit frustration character. I guess Dhalsim kinda works, but nothing like twelve's airdash shenanigans.

LONG RANGE ATTACK
AERIAL TICK THROW
LONG RANGE ATTACK
CROSSUP
LONG RANGE ATTACK
LONG RANGE ATTACK
CROSSUP
AERIAL TICK THROW
CROSSUP TICK THROW
AMBIGUOUS CROSSUP MEATY
LONG RANGE ATTACK
YOU JUMPED? SUPER TIME!
LONG RANGE ATTACK
TIME OUT

God I love playing Twelve.

Wiseblade said:
Yay, the videos of my 5v5 second round are out! This match was too hype. The opposing team was:

Kayane
Ryan Hart
V-Ryu
Daigo
Logan Sama

You did well against Kayane and Ryan. V-Ryu is a problem. It took that wily Dhalsim matchup to stop him. He seems to know all of those combos (like qcb p, ultra or low fierce).

And the Dhalsim matchup seems to be tough for Ryu evidenced by the commentator, Art vs. Daigo, Daigo vs. Mochi, Art vs. Sanford and the Ryan Hart/Daigo.

Teknopathetic said:
God's Beard: You forgot "Lose anyway" at the end. Poor Yamazaki.

Seriously. The opportunity-reward ratio is not very good for little twelve. A dozen well-placed hits is nothing compared to one chun-li or makoto connection. Even Q has big damage combos.

But still, what other character can cause your opponent to rage quit after winning?

Wiseblade showing off that El Freeté again? :D

Weird to see you mess up on those loops though. You usually get 5 easy. Can't let that pressure get to you.
And was Dawgtanian at SVB?

God's Beard said:
Seriously. The opportunity-reward ratio is not very good for little twelve. A dozen well-placed hits is nothing compared to one chun-li or makoto connection. Even Q has big damage combos.

But still, what other character can cause your opponent to rage quit after winning?

I laughed.

Spiderjericho said:
You did well against Kayane and Ryan. V-Ryu is a problem. It took that wily Dhalsim matchup to stop him. He seems to know all of those combos (like qcb p, ultra or low fierce).

And the Dhalsim matchup seems to be tough for Ryu evidenced by the commentator, Art vs. Daigo, Daigo vs. Mochi, Art vs. Sanford and the Ryan Hart/Daigo.

Art also destroyed Valle in top 32 at Evo. But yes when looking at all these match videos between top Ryu and Sim players, Sim is a very hard match up for Ryu. Going by the Japanese chart, Ryu has many more 4-6 match ups, but this Sim easily looks like his worse of them all. It's a bitch trying to get in on Rose and Bison's U2 may shutdown fireballs but it's still nowhere near as bad a full screen limbs.

Unlike most characters, Ryu doesn't have a move that can launches him safely forward like Bison's scissor kick, Chun's hazzan shuu, or even Ken's step kick. He has to do everything on foot or go to the air and risk eating Dhalsim's knee.

Natural

Wiseblade said:
Yay, the videos of my 5v5 second round are out! This match was too hype. The opposing team was:

Kayane
Ryan Hart
V-Ryu
Daigo
Logan Sama

Needless to say, we were the underdogs. :lol

Starts here.
Match 2
Match 3
Match 4
Match 5
Match 6
Match 7
Match 8

Shit, Logan Sama was there playing too?! Haha quality. I was hoping to be home in London for it but had work so couldn't make it down. Definately gonna go next time and dish out some profound sadness with Guy.

Wiseblade

Corky said:
oh wow, where was this tournament held? Good job Wiseblade, I guess you leveled up and don't want to play my scrubby ass anymore :(

*emo*
I pretty sure I mentioned SVB in this thread a few times beforehand. Why weren't you here? :p

dragonballjoseph said:
Wiseblade showing off that El Freeté again? :D

Weird to see you mess up on those loops though. You usually get 5 easy. Can't let that pressure get to you.
And was Dawgtanian at SVB?

Messing up B&B combos is so fustrating, I was messing RSF up constantly in matches all weekend, but landing it fine the second I hit training mode. >.<

Dawgtanian was there, but he got knocked out by Zade, the country's best Adon player. Fuerte Adon can be really difficult in my experience. His 5v5 team came second and he spent a lot of time beasting against other top players on casuals.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Wiseblade said:
I pretty sure I mentioned SVB in this thread a few times beforehand. Why weren't you here? :p

I was a couple of million miles away :(

GatorBait

So concerning new players in the arcade edition (and as possible DLC),what play styles would you guys like to see? Are we missing anything major and unique in SSF4? I'm totally unfamiliar with SF3, so keep that in mind, but it seems like there is a character for basically every play style a player could want to play in SSF4.

I guess Q seems unique by judging vids, but I'm too ignorant as to how he actually plays to give an opinion.

GatorBait said:
So concerning new players in the arcade edition (and as possible DLC),what play styles would you guys like to see? Are we missing anything major and unique in SSF4? I'm totally unfamiliar with SF3, so keep that in mind, but it seems like there is a character for basically every play style a player could want to play in SSF4.

I guess Q seems unique by judging vids, but I'm too ignorant as to how he actually plays to give an opinion.

Yun/yang are pretty much confirmed, there are lots of rumours about Alex & Q. I'd really like to see Urien though, I think he could work well in this game.

DIRTY-D

hitsugi said:
when did that happen?

I know.....everywhere I looked it was confirmed to be fake photo-shopped information.

So, until it's officially announced I'm going to have to say no.....they are not confirmed.

GatorBait said:

Q is my biggest want as far as new characters go.

As for his playstyle, he's extremely defensive.
  • He has extremely unwieldy normals with gigantic hitboxes and far reach, and they combo poorly.
  • He has fast/high/low dash punches like Balrog, but his EX Dash punch causes wallbounce.
  • He has a slow but far-reaching command throw that puts the opponent into juggle state.
  • He has a Balrog-style super, a juggle super and a special meter super that is useless.
  • His taunt increases his defense and can be stacked 3 times, making him have about twice the stamina bar as Akuma, Yun, Yang, Twelve and Ibuki, or the equivalent of ~1800 health in SSF4. T.Hawk has 1150.
  • He has a slow fury swipes attack that serves as a simple keep-away move and combos decently.
  • He's so tall he can't really be crossed up in the corner.
The whole round is generally spent using small pokes and parries, or baiting out mistakes to find a close MK or command throw opportunity, which lead to Q's bread and butter combos and taunts. He has decent but limited mixup shenanigans from varied dash punches and his plethora of meaty attacks and command throw. He's a tournament favorite, as he has a very high tension and release style. He takes a lot of small hits, but every time he gets a taunt, the hype rises and the opponent starts freaking out, then he gets a parry and everything explodes. Close MK xx EX Dash Punch, Dash Punch xx SA1, taunt. Command throw, overhead Dash Punch, EX Dash Punch, RH, taunt. The ultimate people's champ.

Other characters I want to see for their unique playstyle(but won't happen):
Twelve: fucked-up Air Dash shenanigans, invisibility and the king of taunts XCOPY
Urien: The king of charge combos, and motherfucking Aegis Reflector traps hell yes
Oro: Double jump and bizarre fireball setups, plus tengu stone aww yeah

Who I don't want to see because their playstyles suck:
Yun: Because we don't need a better Rufus.
Yang: Because we don't need a better Fei Long.
Remy: Because we don't need a betterGod Mode Guile.
Elena: Because we don't need a worse Cammy.
Sean:Because we don't need an unfunny Dan.
Alex: Alex sucks.

gutabo

God's Beard said:
awesome post
Co-signed. I used Urien and Q(and makoto) in 3S. I don't care how you do it capcom, just bring the aegis unblockables/3 taunts and you're good to go to SSF4.
Also please buff makoto, seriously.

Mars

Banned
black_vegeta said:
That Sim gave that Sagat player the business. :lol

They have Gama commenting, hype beyond all levels.

Yeah, this commentator makes American commentators seem extremely relaxed! :lol

Mars said:
Yeah, this commentator makes American commentators seem extremely relaxed! :lol

They got some heavy hitters playing...

mago(sa),kokujin(ry),yaoichi(sa)
akajojo(ve),3110(ru),KOK(sa)
Y24(ch),maeda Tyson(bi),rikuson(sa)
uryo(CV),darui(dh),noriyasu(go)
cantona(za),tetuko(ru),?
kindevu(go),eita(go),RF(sa)
shizuoka saikyo(bl),mepu(sagat),aqua(sa)
haneyama(ch).kappa(ru),chakai(ke)

N4Us

I think they said in an interview that Twelve won't be in SSF4 anytime soon because his attacks/supers wouldn't work too well with the system or something like that.

OMG, Kokujin still choking by failing to perform SRK, FADC, Ultra. Even Valle has gotten over this massive hurdle. Honestly Kokujin, just what the fuck man :lol

Mars

Banned
black_vegeta said:
They got some heavy hitters playing...

mago(sa),kokujin(ry),yaoichi(sa)
akajojo(ve),3110(ru),KOK(sa)
Y24(ch),maeda Tyson(bi),rikuson(sa)
uryo(CV),darui(dh),noriyasu(go)
cantona(za),tetuko(ru),?
kindevu(go),eita(go),RF(sa)
shizuoka saikyo(bl),mepu(sagat),aqua(sa)
haneyama(ch).kappa(ru),chakai(ke)

This is the one I'm going for. Mago + Vanilla Sagat is terrifying, though.

Thank the Lord they took out Sagat's st. lkxx link, DAH PRESSURE!

Poor Rawg. :(

Edit: ...and so the Mago Vanilla Sagat continues to rape...

Edit: 2: Ah shit, Shiro is playing. <3...and he lost. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom