• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mars

Banned
black_vegeta said:
Thank the Lord they took out Sagat's st. lkxx link, DAH PRESSURE!

Poor Rawg. :(

Edit: ...and so the Mago's Vanilla Sagat rape continues...

Man, I had almost forgotten how intense Mago is with all his Fei Long play.

EDIT: :lol what the fuck Shiro

Maeda Taison with the OC motherfucking V. It's so good to see him play again. His spacing is amazing. <3 <3 <3

SSF4 needs to come out to arcades NAO!!!

Edit: Damn, this Sagat girl is legit!

MIMIC

Banned
Jesus....some people want to win SOOOO badly. Played about a zillion matches against this one guy where the timer got to under 20 seconds at least twenty times. @_@ Does every single round have to be an exercise of Zen-like patience? ("WHO'S GONNA GET THE OPENING FIRST?????). Let's just fight! Jesus. Somebody kill somebody!

He was actually turtling against Fuerte. Bison was turtling against Fuerte. >_< He was pretty good (had about 10K BP) and was just taking the "zomg I wanna win" attitude to the extreme. My Fuerte went something like 5-10 against his Bison--where every match felt like an eternity--and I was not having fun; I felt like I was working. Even when I won, it was just so aggravating. I couldn't take it any more and switched to Guile. And he switched to the shotos.

One match, he literally was just holding up in the corner, throwing a billion fireballs (and I'm not about to get into a shameless projectile war) and he realized that the timer was at around 10 seconds and I was just jumping over the fireballs with a life lead. Oh, NOW he wants to rush me down :lol Ugh. c.HP. KO. Next round.

And his Guile :lol Holy shit....I was NOT about to let the timer run out. He TRIED to turtle but my Guile wouldn't let him. No way was I about to do another Guile mirror after what he tried to attempt.

Playing like your life depends on it sucks the fun right out of what's supposed to be a game--not a chore. If you lose, we'll just play again (assuming you haven't committed suicide).

/rant

gutabo

MIMIC said:
Man... I've played many matches like that... and it's worse when there's nothing at stake. I can understand that attitude if we're playing for money, but for fun? Heck, locally, I've been training to play specifically against that(and working on my patience) because some guys play like that and I've been beaten in tourney finals just because I wasn't patient enough.

Most of the times I just throw the match quickly going down in a blind rushdown and being punished for it because I just don't want it to be another time over round. I just don't care that much about winning(or about PP or BB for that matter) if we're playing for fun and the opponent's idea of fun is to bore me to death.

Sadly, SF4/SSF4 punishes you for being aggresive and rewards you if you just lame it out. That's why I loved games like GG(I will start to play BB:CS soon), because it punished lamers and rewarded aggresive play.

/rant

MIMIC said:
Jesus....some people want to win SOOOO badly. Played about a zillion matches against this one guy where the timer got to under 20 seconds at least twenty times. @_@ Does every single round have to be an exercise of Zen-like patience? ("WHO'S GONNA GET THE OPENING FIRST?????). Let's just fight! Jesus. Somebody kill somebody!

He was actually turtling against Fuerte. Bison was turtling against Fuerte. >_< He was pretty good (had about 10K BP) and was just taking the "zomg I wanna win" attitude to the extreme. My Fuerte went something like 5-10 against his Bison--where every match felt like an eternity--and I was not having fun; I felt like I was working. Even when I won, it was just so aggravating. I couldn't take it any more and switched to Guile. And he switched to the shotos.

One match, he literally was just holding up in the corner, throwing a billion fireballs (and I'm not about to get into a shameless projectile war) and he realized that the timer was at around 10 seconds and I was just jumping over the fireballs with a life lead. Oh, NOW he wants to rush me down :lol Ugh. c.HP. KO. Next round.

And his Guile :lol Holy shit....I was NOT about to let the timer run out. He TRIED to turtle but my Guile wouldn't let him. No way was I about to do another Guile mirror after what he tried to attempt.

Playing like your life depends on it sucks the fun right out of what's supposed to be a game--not a chore. If you lose, we'll just play again (assuming you haven't committed suicide).

/rant

:lol :lol :lol

I play like that with Ryu...but I am always throwing some pokes out there...
People online have noooo patience or they just really like my dp.

But I don't play this to win..I'm actually learning to make sure all my moves have a purpose...I don't want to just throw out of move for no reason....and I'm learning to make sure to captialize on mistakes.

Zen mode FTW.

bigmit3737 said:
:lol :lol :lol

I play like that with Ryu...but I am always throwing some pokes out there...
People online have noooo patience or they just really like my dp.

But I don't play this to win..I'm actually learning to make sure all my moves have a purpose...I don't want to just throw out of move for no reason....and I'm learning to make sure to captialize on mistakes.

Zen mode FTW.

Yeah, jump back fireball Ryus are so awesome...

AZ Greg

MIMIC said:
He was actually turtling against Fuerte. Bison was turtling against Fuerte.

Sounds like this GAF Bison I know. ;)

But yeah, I agree with your sentiment. Obviously you want to play a match well and ideally you want to win, but in an online environment with nothing consequential on the line, I don't see the fun in trading chip damage life leads and sitting on down-back. I usually just continue to rush, though I usually get punished for it. Guess I just don't have the boredom tolerance that some people do.

@ Gutabo: Wouldn't you say your case is a bit unique though? Other than Gief, Honda is probably the most dangerous character to be aggressive against. Especially if you use a character who doesn't have a cross-up. Advancing on a Honda with charge usually means dodging a minefield of guess headbutts. Jumping in on one with charge is only going to get you AA headbutted or AA butt smashed. Which then allows the Honda to get free followup pressure with jump-in hands combos that at the very least do good chip damage, ochio ticks, and butt smash mix-ups. Getting and sitting on a life lead is about all you can do to force him to break his charge. And even if you do that, or are facing an aggressive Honda, that doesn't mean you have a free pass to be aggressive. You risk eating his damn good air-to-air normals, solid ground pokes, and even if you manage to jump in you have to be careful not to get ochio'd or mashed out ex headbutted out of your strings.

DIRTY-D said:
I know.....everywhere I looked it was confirmed to be fake photo-shopped information.

So, until it's officially announced I'm going to have to say no.....they are not confirmed.

This was confirmed fake?

1282914232640.jpg

gutabo

AZ Greg said:
Sounds like this GAF Bison I know. ;)

But yeah, I agree with your sentiment. Obviously you want to play a match well and ideally you want to win, but in an online environment with nothing consequential on the line, I don't see the fun in trading chip damage life leads and sitting on down-back. I usually just continue to rush, though I usually get punished for it. Guess I just don't have the boredom tolerance that some people do.

@ Gutabo: Wouldn't you say your case is a bit unique though? Other than Gief, Honda is probably the most dangerous character to be aggressive against. Especially if you use a character who doesn't have a cross-up. Advancing on a Honda with charge usually means dodging a minefield of guess headbutts. Jumping in on one with charge is only going to get you AA headbutted or AA butt smashed. Which then allows the Honda to get free followup pressure with jump-in hands combos that at the very least do good chip damage, ochio ticks, and butt smash mix-ups. Getting and sitting on a life lead is about all you can do to force him to break his charge. And even if you do that, or are facing an aggressive Honda, that doesn't mean you have a free pass to be aggressive. You risk eating his damn good air-to-air normals, solid ground pokes, and even if you manage to jump in you have to be careful not to get ochio'd or mashed out ex headbutted out of your strings.

Bison gaf player? you got me there, I think I might know who that is, but i'm not 100% sure... :p

You're right in many things about honda Greg, but the thing is, I don't use honda only. I use blanka, makoto, dhalsim, adon, free threi and seth(and others) and I feel the same way with them about the game system. I try to be aggresive most of the time and I try to combo but I'm finding out that in order to win(yes, even with honda) the game wants me to just sit on down-back more and more. I don't have the patience either, but if I really want to win(like, in a tourney) that's what I have to do in this game: wait for the opponent to do a move(as long as it takes), and only then act accordingly. And I don't like it.

Don't be silly, you can't mash a charge move, give the player some credit for that sodium ;)

Also there are other things that I like about BB, like super moves not being that affected by damage scaling(rewarding big combos & execution), a proper guard meter and the aforementioned negative penalty for laming it out(in GG it was a meter penalty, in BB it's a damage penalty).

Finally, please let me know if I'm talking nonsense, I havent's slept in almost two days trying to wrap up a project and failing miserably at it. I think there's a difference between turtling and laming it out just to bore your opp to death.

DIRTY-D

LiveFromKyoto said:
This was confirmed fake?

1282914232640.jpg

Yep..it was ...moments before that post went up

the picture of the board and skates are placed on the magazine. (They’re not actually in the mag)

and from eventhubs:

this image surfaced, which was apparently Photoshopped. It shows a shadowed version of Yun's skateboard and Yang's skates, but since it's fake, it obviously doesn't mean anything.

Here are some more Cammeh vids. Dem finals got to me, I played pretty bad for what I consider my usual level of play :/.

Here's some more vids from that tourney I fuxxed up.

YouTube - TST 5 SSF4 Loser Final PT 1 - KillaSasa vs ShinAkuma

YouTube - TST 5 SSF4 Loser Final PT 2 - KillaSasa vs ShinAkuma

I definitely felt like he gave LF's away, I made so many damn mistakes. Some execution errors, some "durrrrrr" errors. Need to keep it better together in tourneys.

YouTube - TST 5 SSF 4 Grand Final - KillaSasa vs The Embrio

Me getting blowed up. Watching this makes me facepalm. Need to cut down the "all out" against Fei. Didn't punish anything well. Now that I know the matchup a bit better I definitely feel like I should've won this. Didn't play a lick of defense.

Next time will be different
/raaaaaaaaaaaage

Ok, so the next 40 minutes or so will determine the rest of my SSF4 career.

I just did the penny trick on my xbox, where you take it apart and build little replacement heatsinks with pennies and electrical tape.

If it works, I'm back. If not, well let's hope it works.

MIMIC

Banned
Because of last night, I got the "Bitter Victor" title. :lol

And against another guy, I mashed out Ultra for the first time :D It kinda called for it: Guile knocked me down and activated Ultra 2 to chip me on my wake-up. My timing was completely thrown off so....he ate my mashed Ultra.

DIRTY-D

God's Beard said:
Ok, so the next 40 minutes or so will determine the rest of my SSF4 career.

I just did the penny trick on my xbox, where you take it apart and build little replacement heatsinks with pennies and electrical tape.

If it works, I'm back. If not, well let's hope it works.

Jesus Doc! You Built a Time Machine?!? :lol

bttf_doc_calcwatch.jpg

GatorBait

God's Beard said:
Q is my biggest want as far as new characters go[.]
Awesome post! You've convinced me. A slow-burn, defensive player could be a cool playstyle in SF4. I don't think there is anyone on the current roster that is as defensive focused as you are making it sound like Q is.

Hmm, apparently people have been using Q's SA1 as an escape tool for years, I thought I had something special :-(

I'll be on GGPO for another 10-15 minutes if anyone wants to play. Farms may have bailed.

edit: and off to work

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wow, no one is playing any other mode than LOL RANKED in Arcade Request.

Haven't fought anyone in it due to the fact I don't want to lower my default rankings. All I want is the stupid arcade request achievement and have been in (and promptly exited due to red bars + not wanting to fight ranked) 15 lobbies.

*sigh* I hope the entering lobbies counts otherwise this will be impossible for me unless I get someone to enter a lobby and fight 30 times. Stupid.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wow, and another stupid achievement moment: Play Team Battle. Have teammate (in slot one) win both rounds. Only get "Play a round in Team Battle" and not "Win one round in Team Battle" along with it. WTF. :/ Stupid. I should get that for being on the winning team.

gutabo said:
I thought he meant stabicron's bison! What do you think?

:lol Normally I lack the patience to downback all match. Honda and most graplers are rare exceptions, mostly because of the damage they can put out.

XenoRaven

My favorite thing about that guy is when he gets excited because Ryder landed a CoD, yells "Ryydde-", Ryder FADC's into cr. HP, Falling Sky, then "RYYYDDEEER!"

USD

Personally, I thought the commentary was hilarious, I love a good ol' Ryder call (or ten). :lol

Threi said:
found this on my comp :lol
Normal Sobat is armor break, but Festival isn't? Free Jay indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom