• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satyamdas

Banned
qcf x2 said:
Satyamdas and I are going to do Hakan mirrors for this week's matches. Right Saty? Right? :D

... :(
With the way I've been playing lately (read: completely, totally, incomprehensibly and unbelievably shitty), I'd say you have nothing to worry about. Free points for you this week. My only gripe is that I can't get a runback against that Fei for the points. My extreme saltiness might get me over the hump with points on the line. :p

fubarduck

A lot of people here and on SRK are talking about Evo Japan like it's going to be the end-all tournament, but on Japanese message boards, there is a lot of negativity and xenophobia towards the event. Japanese don't seem to think that an American-style event run by Americans is a good idea because it won't be catering to their player base, the sentiment is that its purpose is "for gaijin only".

Unless KSK is fully on board for the event pushing it as his own, I am seriously doubting full Japanese representation for this tournament. Not to mention, next Spring the arcade version of Super is already going to be around and if there's no console update by then, they won't want to be playing console at all.

Moving the event away from SBO was a mistake schedule-wise, but apparently, this was a demand of Capcom Japan who has financial stake in SBO. C'est la vie.

fubarduck said:
A lot of people here and on SRK are talking about Evo Japan like it's going to be the end-all tournament, but on Japanese message boards, there is a lot of negativity and xenophobia towards the event. Japanese don't seem to think that an American-style event run by Americans is a good idea because it won't be catering to their player base, the sentiment is that its purpose is "for gaijin only".

Unless KSK is fully on board for the event pushing it as his own, I am seriously doubting full Japanese representation for this tournament. Not to mention, next Spring the arcade version of Super is already going to be around and if there's no console update by then, they won't want to be playing console at all.

Moving the event away from SBO was a mistake schedule-wise, but apparently, this was a demand of Capcom Japan who has financial stake in SBO. C'est la vie.

:(

GatorBait

So I'm new to the modern fighting game scene. The typical story: used to play some SF and MK casually back in the day, moved on from fighting games, and now my love has been rekindled by the great fighting game revival.

That being said, I have no idea what the best websites are for fighting games (primarily Capcom). I know Event Hubs and SRK. Learned about Option Select today which after a quick browse seems decent, and I know Team Spooky is good for videos and streams. What am I missing that I should have bookmarked?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
N4Us said:
Um, Gen didn't "debut" in 3rd Strike, scrub, there was a game called "Fighting Street" for the Genesis that he was in. 3rd Strike came the next year.

:lol :lol Wow. Guess we know who isn't gonna appear around here anymore

Leunam

N4Us said:
Um, Gen didn't "debut" in 3rd Strike, scrub, there was a game called "Fighting Street" for the Genesis that he was in. 3rd Strike came the next year.

RGcOa.gif

fubarduck

GatorBait said:
So I'm new to the modern fighting game scene. The typical story: used to play some SF and MK casually back in the day, moved on from fighting games, and now my love has been rekindled by the great fighting game revival.

That being said, I have no idea what the best websites are for fighting games (primarily Capcom). I know Event Hubs and SRK. Learned about Option Select today which after a quick browse seems decent, and I know Team Spooky is good for videos and streams. What am I missing that I should have bookmarked?

iplaywinner.com for sure, run by GAF's own haunts!

ACE 1991 said:
sick of playing with randoms in ranked... Anyone from 360 GAF want to play right now? GT: I ACE 1991 I.

Sorry, I only have SSF2. I main Rufus...

:lol

Fubar, do you know who's idea the Evo Japan was? And what's the difference between Evo and say God's Garden, which seems to be a console-only tournament held by a Japanese player? Maybe they (Evo) could have told KSK to just have a Grand God's Garden. KSK could have contacted Capcom, Hori, Playmore, Sega, Madcatz, etc to help with sponsorship.

N4Us said:

Gen was in the orginal Street Fighter. Renamed "Fighting Street" for the TG16 home and maybe other home versions.

Played this earlier after a brief hiatus playing other games. I am only a scrub but damn is this game godly. It only took me a few matches to get back in the swing of things.

SUPARSTARX

Spiderjericho said:
Sorry, I only have SSF2. I main Rufus...

:lol

Fubar, do you know who's idea the Evo Japan was? And what's the difference between Evo and say God's Garden, which seems to be a console-only tournament held by a Japanese player? Maybe they (Evo) could have told KSK to just have a Grand God's Garden. KSK could have contacted Capcom, Hori, Playmore, Sega, Madcatz, etc to help with sponsorship.
One thing for sure.... Japan's current tournaments do not pay out $$$$$$$$$$$$. Something to do with the law of some sort.

EVO Japan will have $$$$$$$ pay outs.

SUPARSTARX said:
One thing for sure.... Japan's current tournaments do not pay out $$$$$$$$$$$$. Something to do with the law of some sort.

Enter the Yakuza. It makes sense. This is all an elaborate plan by the Bush Administration to corrupt the Japanese society.

I forgot about the prize situation. I wish the SRK/Evo the best of luck in getting this tournament off the ground. Or in the least, it inspires an organization to launch something similar.

My dorm's power just came back on (was off about nine yesterday), so I spend the entire day without Street Fighter. Just came back in (about 4:20 EST) from a friend's room playing some Smash. :D

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Spiderjericho said:
Enter the Yakuza. It makes sense. This is all an elaborate plan by the Bush Administration to corrupt the Japanese society.

I forgot about the prize situation. I wish the SRK/Evo the best of luck in getting this tournament off the ground. Or in the least, it inspires an organization to launch something similar.

Have they actually announced a date for it?

Papi

This game has possessed my mind. I don't play much, or as much as I want to, but I think about it a lot.
My girl and I were laying down on our sides, facing each other. I was running my hands along her hips; mainly around the part where you have that godlike steep angle from the small waist up to the hips.
I was lightly brushing my fingers along her hips and then making little circles. I imagined 6 circles and then started practising double tapping and plinking on the side of her hips. Then I was practising imaginary combos. While making out.
So... That happened.

Papi said:
This game has possessed my mind. I don't play much, or as much as I want to, but I think about it a lot.
My girl and I were laying down on our sides, facing each other. I was running my hands along her hips; mainly around the part where you have that godlike steep angle from the small waist up to the hips.
I was lightly brushing my fingers along her hips and then making little circles. I imagined 6 circles and then started practising double tapping and plinking on the side of her hips. Then I was practising imaginary combos. While making out.
So... That happened.

Then FADC into Ultra?

Papi said:
So... That happened.

random shoryuken on wake up? Yeah that happens to me when I see a hot gir--I mean hi guys.

depths20XX

Papi said:
So... That happened.

Then you worked on your pokes and meaty attacks right?

Ledsen

SUPARSTARX said:

I'm pretty sure it's a gambling law that forbids the use of participants money (like entrance fees) for price money. Any prize money has to be provided by a sponsor.

Wiseblade

dragonballjoseph said:
I swear, Wiseblade has a RSF button.
And man can he block. He withstood my Bison corner pressure for about 15 seconds without crouch-teching. So godlike.

If I do have an RSF button, it's currently broken. :(

Also, watch the replays. I was crouch-teching through the whole thing :/

SnowWolf said:
Fun times on SF4 PC

w1z0vs.jpg

4fxq8g.jpg

I bet he's better looking than me too :(
if he makes more money than you...then why cant he afford a hundred dollar fightstick? does he not know that stick works with everything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom