• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BitchTits

The item shadows are BS, but the arcade screenshot with two extra character slots is real, right?

Edit: Oh! :O

Yun is a crowd pleaser, but never thought Yang would be in :D

Going to try to add Yang to the rotation for sure. Slashez are cool.

And it's real guys, I think somebody posted pics on other boards/FG sites.

SoulFist

Killa Sasa said:
Going to try to add Yang to the rotation for sure. Slashez are cool.

I hope his slashes retain the awesome looking EX animation. Definitely the coolest thing about Yang a.k.a. lil trowa.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yang = Fuck no.

Yun = Hell yes.

Seriously. I fucking LOATHE yun
yang i could give no fucks about because no one uses him
but fuck fighting rufus cammy AND yun fuck that bullshit.

Xevren

AkumaHokoru said:
Seriously. I fucking LOATHE yun
yang i could give no fucks about because no one uses him
but fuck fighting rufus cammy AND yun fuck that bullshit.

I'm with you. Not thrilled at all about yun being in it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
black_vegeta said:
Another dive kicking character. -_-
His dive kicks are not comparable!

haunts

Bacon of Hope
yun-geneijin.jpg

Ohhhhhh shhhhhiiiiii-....

AYE! AYE! AYE! AYE! AYEEEEEEEE.....*corner combo, clap clap clap*

Hitokage said:
Even if you hate Yun, it'll be ok. He'll suck in SSF4A.

Meanwhile, Makoto jumps from F-tier to A-tier!

Just as interesting as having new characters in from past games is seeing how they (and returning characters) will be nerfed in the new version :lol

Ono just better step to the left when it comes to Cammy. Leave her alone, they lucked into making her good (and making other characters crummy).

<3 Dive Kicks, but screw Yun. Blue and yellow baseball cap? Hell outta here.

Yoshichan

marathonfool said:
So for someone who barely touched 3rd Strike. Can someone describe Yun/Yang's playstyle?

Please let it not be spamming dive kicks.
20 hit juggles and dive kick spam.

Henry Cen said though that there would be 6 new characters. There were only two new character spots added to the select screen...are Yun and Yang the only additions?

haunts

Bacon of Hope
marathonfool said:
So for someone who barely touched 3rd Strike. Can someone describe Yun/Yang's playstyle?

Please let it not be spamming dive kicks.

Yun's playstyle was to run away and spam c.mp to build up a Genei Jin meter then rush down and activate asap. Once the meter runs out, rinse and repeat.

Yang was a much more well rounded character with two viable super arts, some solid pokes, crazy resets and many uses for EX meter.

Yun was S tier though because of how over powered Genei Jin was.

Yoshichan

haunts said:
newjuriav.png

You're just jealous your girl doesn't have a SA as good as Genei!

Threi

notag
haunts said:
Yun's playstyle was to run away and spam c.mp to build up a Genei Jin meter then rush down and activate asap. Once the meter runs out, rinse and repeat.

Yang was a much more well rounded character with two viable super arts, some solid pokes, crazy resets and many uses for EX meter.

man 3rd strike was such an awesome game in hindsight wasn't it

that shit was magic, not this "thinking" bullshit they got going on in IV

i'm well aware rufus exists

seriously though i don't see the need for even more chars (unless they are from a series not yet represented like SFEX - i want my pullum dammit). They should get to tweaking the chars they do have, considering pretty much all of them have some weaknesses that are completely unnecessary. I personally dislike bloated character rosters though.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Threi said:
seriously though i don't see the need for even more chars (unless they are from a series not yet represented like SFEX - i want my pullum dammit). They should get to tweaking the chars they do have, considering pretty much all of them have some weaknesses that are completely unnecessary. I personally dislike bloated character rosters though.

yeah I agree 100%. none of the characters really do enough damage now across the board and makes the game not nearly as intense as it used to be or as much as say Tekken 6. everoyne needs to be beefed up before bringing more chars in but w/e

I just watched some Yun videos. I hate his character. It seems like it's all about building meter, dive kicks, parry, hit-confirm, then custom combo. 40% life is gone.

Yang looks more interesting even though he has a custom combo. Got a super jump and teleport to mixup. Not sure how much he relies on the dive kick.

_Xenon_

Banned
haunts said:
yeah I agree 100%. none of the characters really do enough damage now across the board and makes the game not nearly as intense as it used to be or as much as say Tekken 6. everoyne needs to be beefed up before bringing more chars in but w/e
Well they need a cash cow to milk until CvT / MvC3 comes out ...

Wiseblade

haunts said:

This. statistically there should have been roughly 50 people using each character, but characters like El Fuerte and Sakura only had a tenth of that number.

Anyone else still working on the challenge trials?

I'm at around 98%. Slowly making my way to 100%. Today I finished Zangief, Fei Long, and Guile. I get stuck on a trial and I think I'll never be able to do it. Eventually I take a break, come back, and do it within a few minutes.

On the last trial with Abel, Vega, Blanka, and Makoto. Only one left with Akuma, Ken, and Dan. A couple more with Ibuki, C.Viper, Gen, and El Fuerte.

Doing these trials have helped me gauge my progress using the joystick. It feels good to see your dexterity is improving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom