• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
SnowWolf said:
Fun times on SF4 PC

http://i55.tinypic.com/w1z0vs.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/4fxq8g.jpg[IMG]

I bet he's better looking than me too :([/QUOTE]

well at least we know that he has really shitty taste in music

depths20XX

AkumaHokoru said:
if he makes more money than you...then why cant he afford a hundred dollar fightstick? does he not know that stick works with everything?

Dude, if he bought the fightstick that would mean he couldn't have a girlfriend.

Wiseblade

BotoxAgent said:
any of you guys use negative edge a lot? I only use to do Viper's FFF and normal feints. Do you guys have other uses for it?
I use it for my RSF. Technically that's doing it the wrong way, but... :lol

BotoxAgent said:
any of you guys use negative edge a lot? I only use to do Viper's FFF and normal feints. Do you guys have other uses for it?

Good to know the NE is viable for FFF... I had a nervous break down trying to do it straight up.

And I'll be damned, but I can't even cancel HP.TK reliably. :(

Kadey said:
Thank you whoever you are.

I'll reveal random tournament stuff in 2-3 weeks. Hopefully the scrubs tournament will be over by then.

For those whom missed it. Registration thread has been up for some time.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=405444

23 players so far.

Wat, no PS3
2.gif

the_log_ride said:
Good to know the NE is viable for FFF... I had a nervous break down trying to do it straight up.

And I'll be damned, but I can't even cancel HP.TK reliably. :(

yeah, I was banging my head on my joystick trying to do FFF before I discovered NE works really well with it

dragonballjoseph said:
Eissan wins. There, Scrub tourney over.

wait, wat? Eissan is in the scrub tourney? Granted, I only seen him play once in an endless lobby but he was owning AZ Greg's Vega pretty hard, lol. His Ryu is great.

If Eissan is in that tourney then I should be....if I was on Xbox Live that is. My motto is if my jump in gets anti air'd for the 4th time in a row, I'm going in for number 5 right away.

"Scrub" has such a gray definitition. It covers both the lack of technical skill as well as just having a "scrubby" mindset. And there are a lot of great players who can fall under the mental aspect of scrubbiness that can dominate legitimate rookies.

If the tourney were labeled as a "Beginner" one, it might have helped to prevent the errant ringer from playing... :lol

Granted, I haven't seen any video of Eissan.

the_log_ride said:
"Scrub" has such a gray definitition. It covers both the lack of technical skill as well as just having a "scrubby" mindset. And there are a lot of great players who can fall under the mental aspect of scrubbiness that can dominate legitimate rookies.

If the tourney were labeled as a "Beginner" one, it might have helped to prevent the errant ringer from playing... :lol

Granted, I haven't seen any video of Eissan.

You ask and you shall recieve.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzLJWJqEEfk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Him and I going at it during the GAF XBL 3 vs 3 tourney.

This was a few months ago and he said he was nervous at the time. He definitely leveled up his Roo since then.

Edit: I found some others.

Eissan vs Lyte Edge
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wvtwmx8GTGI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Eissan vs Grifter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge5OzvLe4Aw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I've beaten AZ Greg and Art and I'm a scrub. Eissan is pretty good but from having played some of the guys still in it, it's not free for him. :D

I wouldn't do the 360 random tournament as I both A. Suck and B. Would be unlikely to make match times. But I really do like the idea of random select. I get that Capcom doesn't want to fragment the userbase into too many playlists but having a social playlist that enforced random select only would totally get me back into the game. I get that I can mix up my character, but I'm just getting tired of playing the same characters over and over again. These days I'm actually sending "Good on ya" messages over Live when I actually get to play a character that I don't see continually.

Gyrian

No wai. Some of you in late night GAF have heard me describing exactly this before.
It's like someone built it straight off my mind. :O

gamarcadepad530.jpg

I'd love to give it a spin, impractical as it looks.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Gyrian said:
No wai. Some of you in late night GAF have heard me describing exactly this before.

gamarcadepad530.jpg

That looks painful/uncomfortable to play with. =/

Been telling you guys about Eissan.

He was Freesan in November (spent all his time being a tekken pad master), but he's legit now. Took out one of our (former) better players in a Roo mirror.

He got dat anime power up.

Still he will never defeat meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Unless I run Freejay D:

BitchTits

Gyrian said:

gamarcadepad530.jpg

Looks delicate. I can imagine the joypad just snapping off in the heat of the battle.

Gyrian

-DarKaoZ- said:
That looks painful/uncomfortable to play with. =/

Not meant to be held like a gamepad.
I'm still in awe at the sheer insanity of it.

the_log_ride said:
"Scrub" has such a gray definitition.

Too true, but it does have a very strong connotation.
The spectrum isn't simply Scrub or Godlike, most players fall somewhere between.
With that said, there are several people from these parts that you wouldn't quite round down to 'Scrub'.

Gyrian said:

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2010/08/gamarcadepad530.jpg[IMG]

I'd love to give it a spin, impractical as it looks.[/QUOTE]

Caught that in the stick thread... I wouldn't mind trying it out for some matches...

Let's run another FT10, gyr. :)

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Gyrian said:

gamarcadepad530.jpg

id love to see a 'reverse' version just for lulz

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Gyrian said:
Not meant to be held like a gamepad.
I'm still in awe at the sheer insanity of it.

Too true, but it does have a very strong connotation.
The spectrum isn't simply Scrub or Godlike, most players fall somewhere between.
With that said, there are several people from these parts that you wouldn't quite round down to 'Scrub'.

To me, a scrub is a person who plays stupid and doesn't change it when he gets punished, over repeated matches (sometimes vs a really good players, if I get punished for something, I'll do it again just because I know they won't expect it, if I can win the match without it, or if I'm going to lose the round anyways, to establish a pattern of it so get out of stuff later.)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
hitsugi said:
Akuma gets hit twice and loses. I don't think anyone was expecting them to get further than they did.

I was thinking the opposite. And I'll say it again. Styles makes games. Infiltration proved that playing a certain way from the norm could get you far. He wasn't going for setups, he was purely about making the most damage. I still think Tokido has a superior Akuma but that style didn't translate well against JR and Floe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom