• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

XenoRaven

TaKeRx said:
I actually had some trouble against you. I just gotta see your play style more.
I was totally free the second match. I'm relatively familiar with the Rog matchup, but I just didn't stick to my gameplan at all.

Your Rog is good though. I like playing good Rogs.

XenoRaven said:
Man. More GAF'ers need to play Ryu and Balrog so I know how to fight them. >_>

Might want to hit up MisterMiskch in the thread. His gamertag is in one of the first few pages. He had a solid Rog when we fought a while back.

Saw Timedog in Endless today too, but he only had one bar and didn't want to play I think :lol

XenoRaven

Hey, sorry if you got booted from the lobby. Once everyone was gone I just invited a bunch of people from my list and it's full now. I added everyone on the lobby to my FL, so if a slot opens up I'll invite you back.

Also, DeNice, that was the first time I face a Sakura. It was fun! You're good too.

Axis

XenoRaven said:
Hey, sorry if you got booted from the lobby. Once everyone was gone I just invited a bunch of people from my list and it's full now. I added everyone on the lobby to my FL, so if a slot opens up I'll invite you back.

Also, DeNice, that was the first time I face a Sakura. It was fun! You're good too.

denice is a monster haha

Kccitystar

GGs from those in the chat even though I got slayed left and right.

I saw a C.Viper though which was treat to watch and nearly OCVd the battle my team had :lol

too bad my gief got destroyed as the final player :((((((((((

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
goooooooooooood morning gaf

What a beautiful day to be free from work. What better way to spend your morning than to play some supah with your buddies :3

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Corky said:
goooooooooooood morning gaf

What a beautiful day to be free from work. What better way to spend your morning than to play some supah with your buddies :3
Good to see you in a positive mood :)

Corky

Rentahamster said:
Good to see you in a positive mood :)

come on now, when have I ever been a salty mess ;)

btw you guys got a spot in the lobby? Not sure if its worth joining since i'm in europe but I played takerx yesterday and I was very smooth

oh just saw the full lobby on the stream, boo-urns

Morris

Disco Devil
Pandaman said:
i call this one 'Floyds Bad Day':
2wnqrrb.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFdYl-Kvm-8

My comeback was awesome and I had to fuck everything up with that damn Roflcopter, fuck that shit.

GGs GafChat... I fail at Tokido.

Shouta

It's weird getting into SSFIV after playing so much competitive Gundam vs Gundam. Totally different mindset because of the game types.

Anyway, messing with Dudley and Cody so far. I wish they didn't kind of half-ass Dudley, his reach is terrible compared to his SF3 incarnation which is a little stupid.

Edit: If anyone wants to play my rusty scrubby butt, just let me know. I'm on the PS3 version.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Played a bunch against Saty's Dhalsim with Makoto earlier tonight. Pretty sure that the match isn't that bad for Makoto, if it's bad for her at all. It's easier for her to get in than you'd think, and once she gets in Sim eats it pretty hard.

But yeah, he mostly kicked my ass. But almost every round I lost was close, at least.

And with that, I'm gonna take a break from the game for a month or so. Love it, but I've been playing way too much lately.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Lost Fragment said:
Played a bunch against Saty's Dhalsim with Makoto earlier tonight. Pretty sure that the match isn't that bad for Makoto, if it's bad for her at all. It's easier for her to get in than you'd think, and once she gets in Sim eats it pretty hard.

But yeah, he mostly kicked my ass. But almost every round I lost was close, at least.

And with that, I'm gonna take a break from the game for a month or so. Love it, but I've been playing way too much lately.
I am a Makoto scrub who thinks he's all that but sometimes gets whupped by chumps, so I gotta say dude, as you're a kind of well-known Makoto player on the boards, I've been stalking you a little bit... Just wanted to say well done for some fine performances, good sportsmanship (i.e. knowing when you're done, not throwing tantrums on GAF, etc.), and generally decent knowledge of/perseverance with one of the trickiest new characters in the game.

I guess post-EVO is as good a time as any to take a breather. Here's wishing you the best with any 'normal people' games you indulge in, and any pet projects for future Super!

XenoRaven

Good games tonight guys. Apparently I don't know what a cross up is. =\

By the way, there are 2 open slots in the lobby I was just in. Just message AZ Greg on XBL.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
B-Genius said:
I am a Makoto scrub who thinks he's all that but sometimes gets whupped by chumps, so I gotta say dude, as you're a kind of well-known Makoto player on the boards, I've been stalking you a little bit... Just wanted to say well done for some fine performances, good sportsmanship (i.e. knowing when you're done, not throwing tantrums on GAF, etc.), and generally decent knowledge of/perseverance with one of the trickiest new characters in the game.

I guess post-EVO is as good a time as any to take a breather. Here's wishing you the best with any 'normal people' games you indulge in, and any pet projects for future Super!

People really give my Makoto more praise than it deserves :lol

But thanks :)

Just received the game as a birthday present, any tip for a noob fighting player?

Probably the first one should be getting a new pad, damn 360 d-pad sucks so hard.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
nycfurby said:
Yeah, next two months I'm going to try to hustle to get to Evo Japan. team spooky should def be out there, so it might happen. stay tuned.

Kadey, I respect the troll rofl, made me click the link. Is there any way you could get those done assuming I can go to Evo Japan? I would def wea it out there and that would be a real good look.

I may be able to just get yours and Spooky's done. Don't know about any others.

Corky

well just opened a lobby, so if theres anyone who wants to play just holler,

gamertag: corcy100

Garcian

I've picked up so many bad habits from playing ranked. I don't think I've ever really learned my character - I've just learned what to do to score some points really, which is a load of old pony. Nobody on my friends list plays SF though - you fellow Euros all seem to play in the day when I'm at work as well :/

Corky

Garcian said:
I've picked up so many bad habits from playing ranked. I don't think I've ever really learned my character - I've just learned what to do to score some points really, which is a load of old pony. Nobody on my friends list plays SF though - you fellow Euros all seem to play in the day when I'm at work as well :/

oh hell naw, just blow that whistle and I'll be online during the evenings/nights aswell

XenoRaven

It's amazing to me how matches without Ryu and Seth seem to work great. Then all the matches with Ryu and Seth feel like I'm swimming in molasses.

MattyH

Hey Corky i would of played but i got up later than i had planned to and then had to take the missus to work

ACE 1991

Haven't played in like a month... Evo got me hype again, I hope it's not too late to get back into the swing of things =(

Corky

MattyH said:
Hey Corky i would of played but i got up later than i had planned to and then had to take the missus to work

Its all good, whenever you guys want to play just send me a msg on xbl, or if I'm not there I'll be sneaking around on gaf

Mike M

Nick N
riceandbeans said:
Might want to hit up MisterMiskch in the thread. His gamertag is in one of the first few pages. He had a solid Rog when we fought a while back.

Saw Timedog in Endless today too, but he only had one bar and didn't want to play I think :lol
Huzzah, I'm memorable!

riceandbeans said:

I don't get Timedog last night when I played him. And he just kept spamming shoryukens all night to the point I thought he was pulling a joke on me, experimenting, or wasn't playing for real. I just stopped playing in most of those matches. He wasn't his usualy yomi self.

hitsugi said:
you'll get that when Evo Japan happens.. and

"Mago says USA's level compared to Japan is "really low"

I don't think many would argue this. Not even an insult; just a general observation when you have a Chun Li player that backdashes every wake up / recovery in top 8.

After watching the recent NSB and then Evo. I still have to agree with Mago.

Japanese are definitely very beatable, but their playstyle is so much cleaner and crisper and less sloppy compared to most US players.

Corky

hey matty, sorry for losing my cool but playig against dudes like that makes me want to choke a puppy....

He is either

a) psychic
or
b) sitting and mashing the shit out of DP-motion until I lose a link or two thanks to his cocksucking algerian lagg...

/end salt

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Corky said:
hey matty, sorry for losing my cool but playig against dudes like that makes me want to choke a puppy....

He is either

a) psychic
or
b) sitting and mashing the shit out of DP-motion until I lose a link or two thanks to his cocksucking algerian lagg...

/end salt

If it's b) bait dropped links ten times in a row, he'll do it at least once. You usually can train people to not do wakeup DP's- eventually.

Hugbot

Ah fuck, they sent my MadCatz Evo order to my old apartment. Just a bezel/dust cover and a keychain but still, I hope I can get it from them.

Edit: FedEx says they left it on the doorstop and I had stuff stolen from there more than once. Shiiiiit.

Gyrian

Pandaman said:
i call this one 'Floyds Bad Day'

These days, you can't even safely ultra a dizzied player. XD
Remember, floyd.

b5m88g.gif

I hope we continue seeing enough PSN GAFers for more mini-tourneys every night.
GGs everyone, it was just ridiculous amounts of fun. :]

micrometaru.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom