• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hugbot said:
Well, bezel/dust cover and blue keychain either stolen or thrown away confirmed. :(

Profound sadness.

You need to smear fresh dookie on their front doorknob, they will teach them to touch things that aren't theirs. >:-(

Hugbot

black_vegeta said:
You need to smear fresh dookie on their front doorknob, they will teach them to touch things that aren't theirs. >:-(
If I knew it was them I'd be on board, but it is a place that had packages lifted more than once. Might just fill a box with those ink things that banks use and leave it in the hopes that it's the same fella.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Hugbot said:
Well, bezel/dust cover and blue keychain either stolen or thrown away confirmed. :(

Profound sadness.

Noooo :(.

Snaku

Banned
God's Beard said:
You can play arcade with one round, you know.

Yeah, but then I feel dirty.

Edit: I only had problems with him playing as Makoto, mainly because I'd never touched Makoto before that arcade run. She doesn't feel as effective as she does in 3rd Strike.

LakeEarth

God's Beard said:
You can play arcade with one round, you know.
Its actually easier with 2 rounds, as you face "mega" Seth with a full bar instead of an empty one. My tips on beating CPU Seth.

1. Turtle. Worst your gonna get hit with is his SPD, but he may do his 20-hit kick move which is easily punishable. Speaking of punishments ...
2. Know your combos / ultra setups.
3. Only jump at a distance so that he can't SRK you but if he sticks out his stretchy hands, you'll be able to hit the limbs and start a combo.
4. When he starts teleporting randomly, stick something out on every teleport so that you'll hit him on recovery if he appears in front of you.
5. If he uses his tandem engine ultra, that's great. He randomly throws it out there and its a free punish.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Gyrian said:
These days, you can't even safely ultra a dizzied player. XD
Remember, floyd.

b5m88g.gif

I hope we continue seeing enough PSN GAFers for more mini-tourneys every night.
GGs everyone, it was just ridiculous amounts of fun. :]

micrometaru.gif

Always mad fun ;)!

Hugbot

Pankaks said:
The worst part of all this is I figured out what happened - I had my address entered correctly in Gameshark's site, but paid with PayPal and apparently my old address is the default one in there. Fuck me sideways.

At least it's not any worse than the time I had a Christmas present from my family torn open and pieces of packaging strewn behind my complex. So glad I moved.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
LakeEarth said:
Its actually easier with 2 rounds, as you face "mega" Seth with a full bar instead of an empty one. My tips on beating CPU Seth.
Or...

Abuse a meaty slide if you have one. The AI has serious issues with this because the hit is delayed from the button press.

LakeEarth

Hitokage said:
Or...

Abuse a meaty slide if you have one. The AI has serious issues with this because the hit is delayed from the button press.
That's a good one. There are way more ways to beat Seth, those were just the best list. If you have any command throw, you can just keep doing it wakeup after wakeup after wakeup. He might SRK you once in a while, but you win. Also, ultras that go through fireballs work well against him as he doesn't have the good sense to not throw one when you have the meter. It is 100% true that he is actually a fairly easy final boss.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
oh my god....my GOD!!!

spirit of jazz & wiseblade

That was the most fun I've had with super/vanilla in AGES. Stupid matches, serious matches, they all rocked. Damn that was good fun... *fistpump* yeah...

<3<3<3 out of <3<3<3, + a slap on yer bum.

My salt/sweet quota is mad skewed towards sweet... I'm filled with sweet sugary goodness now.

I know I've been blabbering on about this but we need to make these euro-gaf-xbl lobbies as much as we can :3

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
God, I love Corky.

Snaku said:
Yeah, but then I feel dirty.

Edit: I only had problems with him playing as Makoto, mainly because I'd never touched Makoto before that arcade run. She doesn't feel as effective as she does in 3rd Strike.

She's not. The lack of parry to deal with fireballs and her (at least to me) feeling a bit slower don't help.

hitsugi

BotoxAgent said:
After watching the recent NSB and then Evo. I still have to agree with Mago.

Japanese are definitely very beatable, but their playstyle is so much cleaner and crisper and less sloppy compared to most US players.

While it's true that US playstyle might seem sloppy or random at times, that random and willingness to take huge risks in a bad situation is what sometimes allows us to come out on top.

that said, it also costs us games.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
DigiMish said:
Damn, I can't believe he's wearing a jacket - it was hella hot in there.

No way, it was HELLA cold in the EVO hall.

Especially in the morning during HD Remix pools.

Freezing. I had to give Daigo my brother's jacket lol.

AND

That's not me in that picture up there >.>

Yackie

My TE stick arrived this morning (with a keychain)! I got to take it out of the box and play around with it for only about a minute before I had to get to work. I haven't had a chance to plug it in to play yet, but I can already tell by the feel of it that it will be way better to play on than the Hori EX2 stick I have been using.

I'm still a beginner at this game, but I have a friend who's going to be helping me train up. If anyone else would like to have a newb apprentice, let me know! :)

rocK`

Banned
Corky said:
oh my god....my GOD!!!

spirit of jazz & wiseblade

That was the most fun I've had with super/vanilla in AGES. Stupid matches, serious matches, they all rocked. Damn that was good fun... *fistpump* yeah...

<3<3<3 out of <3<3<3, + a slap on yer bum.

My salt/sweet quota is mad skewed towards sweet... I'm filled with sweet sugary goodness now.

I know I've been blabbering on about this but we need to make these euro-gaf-xbl lobbies as much as we can :3

annnnnd the emotional pendulum swings back the other way, but for how long?

the wheel of fate is turning.....

God's Beard said:
For Art or any of you other Dhalsim players, is there anything you're afraid of when you fight a Dudley? My secondary is Dhalsim so I should know myself, but it seems like they're extremely easy to keep out. My main is Dudley and I have a very very hard time getting in. If they don't abuse yoga sniper or fireballs, I don't really have anything to react to, and I can't use ducking period from more than a few character distances. It doesn't seem like I can punish any normals with EX MGB, am I stuck with focus attacks?

Also, anyone that can help me with these Dudley matchups would be great:

Dhalsim
Seth
Guile
Deejay
Dictator
Chun Li

I echo what Art said in his post. Once Duds scores a knockdown on me, I become a sad panda. This is evidenced with some of my matches against Floyd in endless a couple of days back. All the damage I rack up through 65 seconds in a round, Dudley can make it up with a couple of combos. -_-

TurtleSnatcher said:
You never knew this?

Vegas newb <3

Seriously, this is the right way to score drinks on the cheap in Vegas.

Degen

Pepto said:
Only my third day playing the game and I got a salty message from some sore loser. :D
I'll bet he had waaaaay more points than you did. That's how it goes for me in most online fighting games.
It can't possibly be their own fault that they lost.

edit: T.HAWK REPRESEEEEEEENT

Pepto said:

Mashing Mexican Typhoon thru his blockstrings?

Degen said:
I'll bet he had waaaaay more points than you did. That's how it goes for me in most online fighting games.
It can't possibly be their own fault that they lost.

edit: T.HAWK REPRESEEEEEEENT

Theodore Hawk sucks ass!

I'm so fucking hooked on this game again.

But I had some horrible horrible matches against flowchart Kens und Ryus today. Most of them are easy to beat, but it's so annoying. And if I lose agains a random turtle (I can't believe how hard some of these guys turtle. How can this be fun???) the salt comes in epic proportions :(

Still Dudley for life!!!

GatorBait

So are there any noob Gaffers that play SSF4? I feel like buying it after watching EVO, but I don't want to just buy it to get my ass kicked over and over in online play. I only leisurely play MvC2 and the occasional game of HD Remix right now.

I'm on the PS3.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Update on Japanese EVO commentary by SRK user gomatamago:

Most of the talk was between KSK and Mago. (originally posted translation/summary)
-KSK doesn't know why Justin is treated like a villain in US but Daigo is treated like a hero in Japan.
-KSK says there's no way Adon can do that on him all day without getting punished.
-About Gamerbee, they recognized him because they played against them all the time online.
-They are not impressed by Taiwan's level of play.
-They are very impressed by Vangief. "How is he out poking him?"
-About Daigo's match with Arturo. They said Daigo should upload to niconico.
-When watching Marn vs Daigo MM. Daigo is rushing Marn down. KSK says "Stop it! Stop it! I feel for Marn. I know how this feels" and laughs.
-They said Marn was pretty good. Reminds me of (someone).
-"We've been watching for hours. Gama, are you okay?" "I slept earlier"
-Mago wishes he went to Evo. He saw the stream and said that he can beat anyone from USA, even Ricky or Justin's Rufus, but it's a tournament so anything can happen.
-Mago says USA's level compared to Japan is "really low".
-KSK says they have to go next year, and he'll be Mago's translator.
-Mago says he'll go if KSK money matches him.
-They're mentioned about how they would like a Godsgarden-Evo collaboration.

I'm Japanese and I'd like to try to correct some mistakes of the above transation.
-The person who are referred to as KSK in the whole of the translation is Kokujin, a player of sf3 3rd strike. KSK was in the flight to Japan.

About Daigo's match with Arturo. They said Daigo should upload to niconico.
-They didn't said such a thing.

Mago says USA's level compared to Japan is "really low".
-It didn't seem that Mago said such a strong opinion. He just said if he attended EVO 2010 he could have reached the final with his Fei Long and Sagat.

They're mentioned about how they would like a Godsgarden-Evo collaboration.
-Actually, they really didn't know any details of EVOxGods. The details will be talked at the next week's streaming by KSK.

In the streaming, I impressed when they were talking about EVO. They really respect it including the past EVOs. In general, skilled players and other amateur players are separated in Japan; the latter people are not serious to develop the comunity by themself. For example, the latter people don't attend to game tornaments such as SBO but just see its movies in their home. But EVO is different, Mago and Kokujin said.

The Japanese love for EVO continues... can't wait to see how EVOxGG turns out.

MIMIC

Banned
schennmu said:
I'm so fucking hooked on this game again.

But I had some horrible horrible matches against flowchart Kens und Ryus today. Most of them are easy to beat, but it's so annoying. And if I lose agains a random turtle (I can't believe how hard some of these guys turtle. How can this be fun???) the salt comes in epic proportions :(

Still Dudley for life!!!

I played a Ryu that beat the crap out of me. He was playing the perfect game against Fuerte but I wasn't sure if he was doing that intentionally. Nonetheless, he basically didn't let me do ANYTHING.

It was one of those matches where you KNOW that you should be winning. And he was by no means bad; I just got the sense that if I got my act together, I would beat him.

...and I did (over and over). With a perfect. Maybe I just adapted better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom