• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
GatorBait said:
So are there any noob Gaffers that play SSF4? I feel like buying it after watching EVO, but I don't want to just buy it to get my ass kicked over and over in online play. I only leisurely play MvC2 and the occasional game of HD Remix right now.

I'm on the PS3.

You can check the Online section for scrub gaf room, you can join the regular too. I also play mvc2 from time to time, I have HD remix but I suck at it :lol we can play if you want some other time.

XenoRaven

The fireball video music is way better than the other one. Just saying guys.

Also, DBJ is free to T. Hawk. Don't let him fool you.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
XenoRaven said:
The fireball video music is way better than the other one. Just saying guys.

Also, DBJ is free to T. Hawk. Don't let him fool you.
i was amazed how much unsafe stuff he was doing with bison last night.
i loved the buffer ultra into slide though. worked everytime. :lol

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
entrement said:
What's so bad about it? That's all I play and I still have fun and find good competitors.

I have a hard time describing it. But would you know what I meant if I said " telepathic/mental salt" ?

You can feel the hatred over ranked, the grinding teeth, the thrown controllers and swears. Every single rank loss is like a nail in the eyes...

whereas endless, with friends, is the opposite of all of the above. Win or lose, doesnt really matter. Not for me atleast

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
23tflf7.png

Pandaman said:
i was amazed how much unsafe stuff he was doing with bison last night.
i loved the buffer ultra into slide though. worked everytime. :lol
Most of the time, I'm not buffering the ultra. I like to keep an EX PC charged and ready to go.

XenoRaven

entrement said:
What's so bad about it? That's all I play and I still have fun and find good competitors.
Because I would say roughly 40% of my ranked matches last night involved people picking one of the following characters: Ryu, Seth, Dudley, Ibuki, and then it lags horribly and they stand across the screen and do the same move over and over again. For Dudley, it's MGB. For Ibuki, it's Kunai. For Ryu and Seth it's fireballs and dps.

zon

cHaotix8 said:
I need to play more Gaffers. The only ones I play are Greg, Joe and Farms, and the last two live in my city. :p

Hey you're better off than I am, I have zero gaffers to play with.

hitsugi

XenoRaven said:
Because I would say roughly 40% of my ranked matches last night involved people picking one of the following characters: Ryu, Seth, Dudley, Ibuki, and then it lags horribly and they stand across the screen and do the same move over and over again. For Dudley, it's MGB. For Ibuki, it's Kunai. For Ryu and Seth it's fireballs and dps.

i'd rather play training dummy / cpu than randoms online.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
dragonballjoseph said:
Most of the time, I'm not buffering the ultra. I like to keep an EX PC charged and ready to go.
your bison reminded me of shinobifists on psngaf, was fun to watch.
only saw one sak match tho. :(
ultra 1 sadface.

Everybody add me if you need to fight someone on XBL: Gods Beard

Main: Dudley
Secondary: Dhalsim
Other: Ibuki, Fei Long

Dudley and Dhalsim, the Dynamic Darjeeling Duo

hitsugi said:
i'd rather play training dummy / cpu than randoms online.

Endless isn't too bad. I've only gotten one hatemail so far and I always have my mic off because I don't care for trash talk.

On another note, I'm stuck in scrub limbo this week. 10 loses to 1 win today against 500-5000BP players. Where's my vanilla Sagat?!!! The more I play, the worse I get... :lol

gibration

GGs TostitoSalsa and thanks for the tips. I was about to throw my stick across the room if I couldn't get through your rushdown. It's still very difficult to get through it but I think I'm getting the timing down on when exactly to poke my way out of there.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Kadey said:
I knew it! They've been hanging out a lot lately. Ggggrrrrrr...

I didn't cheat on you!

I swear!

Hugbot said:
So Markman what are the chances of me snagging a keychain when I place my replacement order?

0%

Sorry. :( We ran out of keychains.

Ploid 3.0

Kadey said:
http://i27.tinypic.com/23tflf7.png][/QUOTE]

Oh shoot, I guess I better get serious about learning combos and matchups. I want to wi.. er lose later in the tournament. No way we're beating Seph, Floyd, Panda, etc. Crap!

[QUOTE=gibration]GGs TostitoSalsa and thanks for the tips. I was about to throw my stick across the room if I couldn't get through your rushdown. It's still very difficult to get through it but I think I'm getting the timing down on when exactly to poke my way out of there.[/QUOTE]

Or him, too many good players on psnchat. I shouldn't even bother practicing hah.

Hugbot

MarkMan said:
0%

Sorry. :( We ran out of keychains.
Worst news. Understandable though, you can't just magically have more. Guess I'll put off re-ordering until I get the stick dual-modded and the art printed, then.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
MarkMan said:
I didn't cheat on you!

I swear!

You've been cheating on me every night..............with yourself!

The tournament will be random select so yeah. Learn them characters!

Ploid 3.0

MarkMan said:

That's a pretty awesome video. Makes me want a blu ray behind the scene's or documentary of evo. Like the King of Kong but just based on the 3 days of evo. Maybe have backstories of key players (Daigo, Justin, etc.) following them around as they get ready for evo and as they go through evo, with more video of the new to old players as they are participating in evo. Would be nice but I know it's way too much to do. If only I had a couple of million to burn.

Kadey said:

Got my money on Floyd, or Panda. I think Floyd is very good with every character, same for Panda.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
I'll do the online tourrney also- random eh? Well, I use a bunch of chars. As long as I don't get Viper I should be fine.

gibration

SnowWolf said:
Daigo signing a boob halfway through this video (not a trap!) http://vimeo.com/13324213
Daigo is a pimp!
Ploid 3.0 said:
That's a pretty awesome video. Makes me want a blu ray behind the scene's or documentary of evo. Like the King of Kong but just based on the 3 days of evo. Maybe have backstories of key players (Daigo, Justin, etc.) following them around as they get ready for evo and as they go through evo, with more video of the new to old players as they are participating in evo. Would be nice but I know it's way too much to do. If only I had a couple of million to burn.
I would love an EVO dvd just like how they did in the past but with all stuff you just said included. I'd buy that in an instant.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Kadey said:

I'm just thinking of you ;(

---

How will you enforce Random Select?

Isn't it blind pick by default?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
MarkMan said:
I'm just thinking of you ;(

---

How will you enforce Random Select?

Isn't it blind pick by default?
you get half a seconds flash of the character portrait if they lock in ultra before you pick random.
sometimes.

i probably wont enter either.
rather wait for fmf and a real tournament

that or ill think up a way to do a moe international. :lol

Hitokage said:
Random select? Pass.

Say no to second-class tournaments.

I think it'll be fun. And I'll be able to participate this time. It would be nice to have a normal tournament, but this'll be fun. Though obviously someone like FMF and a few others are good with a wide assortment of characters. Haven't played FMF in awhile but I think he's beasted on me with Cammy, Fei Long, Boxer, Ryu, Ken and who knows who else.

Hey Markman, are you going to be dropping hints on next week's announcement like you did for Super?

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Leunam said:
Jesus christ that could be in a movie somewhere.

The 5D Mark II is an amazing piece of equipment. I bought one for my brother and even newbs like us can produce high-quality films very easily. Costs a pretty penny though :(

Leunam

SnowWolf said:
The 5D Mark II is an amazing piece of equipment. I bought one for my brother and even newbs like us can produce high-quality films very easily. Costs a pretty penny though :(

How pretty?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Richard Li with the always awesome 1up equipment.

Greg and I are the only 1uppers on here. :D

Haunts. Slap Marky for me.

Tournament will be fun. I will make it fun. People are given choices, that's fine by me.
I'll try to make it a steady 2-3 months alternating thing. I might even run both consoles at the same time at one point. Whatever I can come up with. :D

Musan

Degen said:
God damn, what were they all reacting to at the end of that video??

I believe that was Ricky O versus Infiltration in the Loser's Finals, you can hear the teleport at the end. Great vid by Richard, btw.

zon

Shouta said:
Play online with some? Or do you mean in person?

Both. It looks like I'm the only euro gaffer who still plays ssf4 on psn. Everybody else on psn seem to live in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom