• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Wiseblade said:
AARGH!

caring+continuum.png

/rant

Somebody is going to get a beer bottle to the head! :D

Kadey I know you're a PS3 player but are there any plans to host a 360 scrub tournament, even if it's not run by you?

Temporary PS3 player. Once I can find a 360 that won't die, I'll be LIVE from now on.
And I don't know any scrubs on LIVE except for people on 1up. :lol

I want to somehow have character specific tourneys but I don't have any idea how to go about that. Most of GAFfers are Chun, Cammy or Ryu players.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
hitsugi said:
Styling with guy is worth the loss. I've been stuck at 3k PP since like.. Month 1

+1..i dont play much ranked but i actually tend to have an easier time beating 5k+ players then random mashers. Online play especially is not in guy's favor.

STG

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
I keep hearing about this Yun/Yang rumor.

So is the rumors pointing to only 2 extra characters instead of the rumored 6? :(

no, it is just saying that 2 of the 6 are yun and yang

FindMyFarms said:
Lol Air is from Canada, he lived in Japan for a few months though.

Are you sure?

I don't see how Air is able to play on the Japanese XBL with the others if he lives in Canada...janky connection would be in full effect, no?

black_vegeta said:
Are you sure?

I don't see how Air is able to play on the Japanese XBL with the others if he lives in Canada...janky connection would be in full effect, no?

Yeah Air is from British Columbia (farthest west, pretty close to Pacific Rim if I remember anything from Geography :lol). Think he goes (went?) to school in Japan for a while.

Killa Sasa said:
Yeah Air is from BC. Think he goes (went?) to school in Japan for a while.

I fail.

Is the internetz connection Canada to Japan godlike?

Edit: IC, thanks for the clarification Killa.

Thanks for lulz at me Farms. :(

black_vegeta said:
I fail.

Is the connection Canada to Japan godlike?

I don't really know how good it is for those dudes in BC, but I know it's ass for me since I'm central Canada. Probably wouldn't be that great even with Japan's magical internet.

Weirder things have happened though.

Solune

Killa Sasa said:
I don't really know how good it is for those dudes in BC, but I know it's ass for me since I'm central Canada. Probably wouldn't be that great even with Japan's magical internet.

Weirder things have happened though.

I'm from Vancouver and any matches that I've had with Japanese players have been 1 Bar, but playable...
Not that it's any indication for other people living here but that's just the connection I get.

I want to say SSF4 is a great game, but the hitboxes are atrocious. There's so many combos that don't work because of moving hitboxes. Went into training mode and realized you can't cross up Dhalsim with Guy. Chun Li's EX legs will not launch randomly. Ryu's Tatsu glitch. Rufus and Sakura EX moves whiff over crouching opponents.

Those are a few, but the team doesn't seem to care to fix them. I know they're not intentional, just the result of a bad hitboxes.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Just went against JR(pikachuakuma) in a ft10 to see how bad I am at the game after barely playing for so long. I'm glad most tactics remain the same because I still was able to go 8 for 10 lol. It's hilarious how accurate the Ken vs Akuma matchup data is, totally 4-6 every single time I play a good Akuma.

edit: my bad, it's 5-5. totalsuck

LeMaximilian said:
Just went against JR(pikachuakuma) in a ft10 to see how bad I am at the game after barely playing for so long. I'm glad most tactics remain the same because I still was able to go 8 for 10 lol. It's hilarious how accurate the Ken vs Akuma matchup data is, totally 4-6 every single time I play a good Akuma.

Damn, that's pretty good for not playing game in awhile.

Novid

Banned
You guys never heard of Visual Kei (or even watched Bones for that matter)

lol.

besides that i cant hit that but ill be her friend though. It happens snow, no big deal :lol

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Yun or Yang really? Seems a lot of more loved characters are being requested than these two... Weird they would pick one or both of them out of the missing lot!

haunts

Bacon of Hope
black_vegeta said:
The guy who post this video (0ShinAkuma0) knows the Japanese Ryu player called "Air." He's trying to see if Air knows who sunset01 is...I'll let you if he finds out.

There's a vid of him waxing Mizoteru.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3FyGuDxsPg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

thanks man, magus hit me up with this YT channel and showed me these sagat vids. that guy has to either be radiowave or bonchan. he plays like an idiot, i love it. has to be bonchan!!

hitsugi

DarkoMaledictus said:
Yun or Yang really? Seems a lot of more loved characters are being requested than these two... Weird they would pick one or both of them out of the missing lot!

people didn't request them because they figured fear would prevent them from making it into SF4.

Even if Yun had genei-jin as a super.. he can't build meter in 2 block strings or by whiffing strongs at the other end of the screen, so I think everyone will be o-k. His divekicks on the other hand....

hitsugi said:
people didn't request them because they figured fear would prevent them from making it into SF4.

Even if Yun had genei-jin as a super.. he can't build meter in 2 block strings or by whiffing strongs at the other end of the screen, so I think everyone will be o-k. His divekicks on the other hand....

How much of a threat could Genei-Jin be in SSF4 without the juggling capability? Without it wouldn't it be just another Feng Shui Engine? Not saying it wouldn't be a good Ultra/Super, just that it probably won't be as beastly as it once was.

On the other hand, having 2 more dive kick characters will be a pain in the ass. Might as well try picking one of them up so I can blow up crouch tech'ers.

hitsugi said:

I know about that combo. He probably won't have anything like that in SSF4 with the push off and stuff, maybe it'll only work on Sagat and other characters with large hit boxes. Even if he does have something like that, it'll probably require shorts or jabs, meaning damage scaling will make sure whatever he can pull off won't do that much damage unless the player can pull off a reset and keep the combo going.

Satyamdas

Banned
marathonfool said:
I want to say SSF4 is a great game, but the hitboxes are atrocious. There's so many combos that don't work because of moving hitboxes. Went into training mode and realized you can't cross up Dhalsim with Guy. Chun Li's EX legs will not launch randomly. Ryu's Tatsu glitch. Rufus and Sakura EX moves whiff over crouching opponents.

Those are a few, but the team doesn't seem to care to fix them. I know they're not intentional, just the result of a bad hitboxes.
I agree that the hitbox wonkiness in this game can be frustrating, but the bolded is flat out untrue. Guy can and does cross Sim up. And I don't see anything wrong with Sak/Rufus's EX moves going over crouched opponents. I mean those moves cause them to become airborne, and even then it's rare that EX Messiah actually goes over the other character. That move is godlike enough, it needs to have some form of weakness, slight though it may be.

Kadey said:
So what happened to all the Kayo fans on GAF? :lol

The stuff Marky said about Kayo. :lol I'm dying. :lol :lol :lol

I think Snowwolf is a huge fan.

W...TF?

Just wow...

That's already 2 now... first that photographer for evo and now her? Why do we keep falling for it?

Kaako

Felium Defensor
KS Seven X said:
W...TF?

Just wow...

That's already 2 now... first that photographer for evo and now her? Why do we keep falling for it?
WHAT THE FUCK. Cami or whatever her/his name was? Kinda got annoying when she got on the mic though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom