• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Cody's U2 is the only way to play, man.

Counter someone coming at you with it and strike fear into them.

Plus it looks damn cool. :lol

My issue with Cody is he's a "non-projectile" character in a game full of projectile spam. It feels like you have to work to get wins against Ryu/et. al. in comparison to using other characters.

Still, I stick with him because he's fun to play and his character is just badass. :lol

Joekage

TheSeks said:
Cody's U2 is the only way to play, man.

Counter someone coming at you with it and strike fear into them.

Plus it looks damn cool. :lol

My issue with Cody is he's a "non-projectile" character in a game full of projectile spam. It feels like you have to work to get wins against Ryu/et. al. in comparison to using other characters.

Still, I stick with him because he's fun to play and his character is just badass. :lol

I also got you man. Cody's projectiles suck in the long run but this is how you deal with projectile zoning. Regular bingo is the truth when it comes to punishing fireballs xD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uthL7xqFXM

Watch this, and start practicing it in training mode. Once you get the timing down, you'll NEVER have to worry about projectiles anymore.

Hint: Holding jab and fierce is the best way to bingo, because leaving mp available allows you to anti air, as well as throw mp rocks. Also, holding down these two buttons and releasing them one after another allows you to do consecutive bingos instead of just one.

Hag

155768114-d844040bbc83720d1211edfcaca0f63c.4c8095e8-full.jpg

Via Ono's Twitter.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Joekage said:
Hint: Holding jab and fierce is the best way to bingo, because leaving mp available allows you to anti air, as well as throw mp rocks. Also, holding down these two buttons and releasing them one after another allows you to do consecutive bingos instead of just one.

Oh, I know how to get around the projectiles with Bingo. My problem is setting up the Bingos.

Razor's DJ screws me up.

Projectile? BINGO! (go through it, leaving myself open)
EX Projectile? Well, shit, I can go through one and eat another or jump and get sweeped.

Ugh. Like I said: Cody feels severely outclassed against other characters as all other characters have a projectile to cancel projectile spam. Cody has a rock, but it's a) slow and b) not that great. So bingoing through the projectiles is good, but you gotta deal with the spam still.

TBH, I haven't played SF4 in a week or so. It's no fun going online and getting my ass handed and practice/challenge is just a bore.

AI fights isn't helpful and I kick ass with my rudimentary Cody on medium (with a few issues), have yet to beat Hardest without LOL R1 ZANGIEF.

Edit: And I'm heading to bed. If you want to talk Cody I wouldn't mind talking via PM. I could use learning/videos.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
That's definitely Yun :D I am loving SSFIV more and more every day!

Ono <3!

Hitokage said:
Two character slots and they use them on Yun and Yang.

I know, thank god the used them on cool characters that have interesting playstyles and aren't Shotos.

Also, I'm looking to get back into Street Fighter. I want to play as either Ibuki, Sakura, or Juri. Who'd be easiest to get into? And is ScrubGAF still around, or have they vastly improved/stopped playing?

P.S. I come from a Guilty Gear/Blaz Blue background, and tend to prefer Ibuki's custom combos and aesthetics.

Edit: Also, I always dug Cody. Simple play, easy set ups.

Caj814

Lost Fragment said:
To be fair, I think pretty much every shoto that's ever existed is already in the game.

NUH UH!

NOT UNTIL WE GET EVIL RYU,EVIL KEN,EVIL SAKURA,EVIL DAN AND SHIN AKUMA!!!111

and Sean. . .

Lost Fragment said:
To be fair, I think pretty much every shoto that's ever existed is already in the game.

It's just surprising someone describing those two that way. Mostly everyone was like "moar dive kicks".

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
If we're talking about interesting playstyles I always thought Q was very cool, granted I couldn't do shit with the dude but I was younger then.

I never liked playing as yun/yang I always felt like they belonged in some other more jugglefriendly series. But whatevs... it's nice to want things : Q & Alex

zlatko

Banned
Yeah if you look at those arcade monitors for the two new slots the one on the left def. has a blue hat, and the one on the right you can see down facing brown hair. Yun and Yang confirmed.

Question is will there be others? People were saying the reason the arcade version was pushed back to a December release was to go from adding 2 characters to 6 total. It makes sense since Capcom always rolls out the characters bit by bit till release. 2 in september, 2 in october, 2 in november, and then release it December.

There's no way Yun and Yang would have beat out the community love for Rolento. If they held a poll I'm sure he'd come out on top to be added. :)

Haeleos

Aesthetically, I'm really happy Yun and Yang are the characters they are going with. I respect Capcom for identifying a lot of Street Fighter's obviously bad design directions so far (Necro, Skullomania, Q). I'm not saying Yun and Yang are great character designs, but visually, they fit with the currect cast.

Lost Fragment said:
Nope, Morrigan, Lilith, Cyclops, Cable, Iron Man, War Machine, Mega Man and Roll are missing :lol

gutabo

akilshohen said:
Nope, Morrigan, Lilith, Cyclops, Cable, Iron Man, War Machine, Mega Man and Roll are missing :lol
I think that's stretching it a little bit... almost like "hey, wolverine has a dragon punch move, he must be a shoto!"... Spider man/Cap America are more shoto-like than iron man/WM...
But yes, Capcom has too many shotos in their games.

Gyrian

Looking close at Ono's twitpic, looks to me like it reveals another chara slot beneath Yun.
The mirrored one below Yang is conveniently obscured by Troll-Blanka.

y44nh.png

BitchTits

Isn't it the character portrait on the right screen that's supposed to be the clue? It's Yang looking over his shoulder?

BTW, all this talk before about there being 6 characters, was that just BS? It seems implausable that they would add even more characters to the console version after this (though I wouldn't say no to them adding more).

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I haven't been in this thread for like a week, but I saw the skates & skateboard scan pic sometime back, and well well, it was real...

Not only that but Ono's Twitpic has both of them shown as clear as day - Yun and Yang in Super Street Fighter, imagine that...

All that talk about Rolento and R. Mika, and probably better choices in 3rd Strike and they went with those two? Hmmmmm.

Curious to see them in the SSFIV engine though...

Gyrian

God's Beard said:
That's the infinity symbol.

Yeah, you're correct. It's the chara selection timer (looks like a 3 to me), in any case.
If anything, the image then shows that there isn't any more room for a slot there under the current arrangement. :s

Yun & Yang are all but confirmed now, the next question is if they're the only two coming up.
They feel so out of the left field considering what most everyone thought the new charas might be.

I'm thinking Ono's not out of surprises yet.

dankir

Skilotonn said:
I haven't been in this thread for like a week, but I saw the skates & skateboard scan pic sometime back, and well well, it was real...

Not only that but Ono's Twitpic has both of them shown as clear as day - Yun and Yang in Super Street Fighter, imagine that...

All that talk about Rolento and R. Mika, and probably better choices in 3rd Strike and they went with those two? Hmmmmm.

Curious to see them in the SSFIV engine though...

Lots and lots of links!

bluddtheersty said:
http://i54.tinypic.com/2nopzb.jpg[MG]

Someone actually went to the trouble of double confirming it :D[/QUOTE]

Ok THAT's more like it.

Cause honestly I wasn't seeing it in the two character slots. Maybe I'm just blind. But yeah, THAT looks like Yun, no doubt.

Well I for one think they are awesome choices. Please get Alex in there though, jeez man, he's the face of SF3! (and my 3rd Strike main). Get him in!

rocK`

Banned
Teknopathetic said:
"JWong and Marn are playing on the League of Legends stream I'm watching."

You can't just say this and not link this ish.

yo, Marn, I'm putting you on blast for blowing at HoN and leaving :)

LosDaddie

Banned
Anyone getting some games on XBL going this weekend?

I need to stop playing Ranked matches because there's no way I'm good enough to be in "B" ranking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom