• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fraeon

hitsugi said:
Urien's combos more than make up for any issues you could take up with his design.

Oh, I assure you that I've learnt to hate his unblockable super setups with the burning passion of a thousand suns.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I hope Rog's 3rd alt is his shirt from sf2 and it rips off when you taunt

SoulFist

I'm pretty surprised by all the Yun and Yang backlash. They were always my favorites in 3S. I think they will fit in great with the rest of the cast. Haters begone!

Awesome Sakura realistic art work from BossLogic.

sakura_hyperreal_by_bosslogic-d2xwxuw.jpg

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
SoulFist said:
I'm pretty surprised by all the Yun and Yang backlash. They were always my favorites in 3S. I think they will fit in great with the rest of the cast. Haters begone!

It's probably related also to Rufus already being sort of like them with the dive kick and pressure from that. which is why i hated them in 3S. still can't believe Hugo gets no love aside from a cameo. :-( Elena would have made the most sense though imo....

SoulFist

bob_arctor said:
It's probably related also to Rufus already being sort of like them with the dive kick and pressure from that. which is why i hated them in 3S. still can't believe Hugo gets no love aside from a cameo. :-( Elena would have made the most sense though imo....

Hugo would be pretty awesome. I always liked his moves and his slap move. A Hugo vs Zangief showdown would be legendary. Elena would be good...but only because of her theme. Beats ba beats ba beats ba beats in my heaaaad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0ODyHKqtuM

hitsugi

SoulFist said:

Like I said, people fear them.

zlatko

Banned
SoulFist said:
Hugo would be pretty awesome. I always liked his moves and his slap move. A Hugo vs Zangief showdown would be legendary. Elena would be good...but only because of her theme. Beats ba beats ba beats ba beats in my heaaaad.

Speaking of awesome SF3 music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSzPbO9DFcg&feature=related

Bring back Alex and slap that as his theme. If Rolento doesn't make the cut I'd main Alex just so people can bask in that themes glory as I jump into fights ripping my shirt off. :D

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
SoulFist said:

Hmm. Even with Gief's Lariat, my feeling is Hugo would need to be toned down move-wise, otherwise he would destroy the Russian Cyclone. Shootdown backbreaker, frame advantage off clap, better normals perhaps though here Im thinking mostly of his MP patty cake slap. 'Course, Hugo is my original main in 3S so I'm pretty damn biased. :D

Fraeon said:
I liked her because her healing super art let me do some really annoying turtling.

The one thing that I didn't like was that Dudley got insane juggles on her thanks to her hitbox being one of the widest in the damn game.

Dudley's a misogynist, though.

Wallach

AkumaHokoru said:
You do know juri's lasts LONGER than genei-jin did right?

Yeah, the only reason Juri doesn't elbow drop people like Yun is because of what she can do with FSE ain't shit compared to Genei-jin.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
n4osh.png

I love you Ono. So much.

Yoshichan said:
n4osh.png

I love you Ono. So much.

Still so blurry I can't tell its a human being much less anything else. Oh well still not exactly happy if Yun and Yang really did get in the game, and hoping that they aren't the only ones if they did make it.....

Has anyone else been watching these WCG Ultimate Gamer shows on Hulu? Justin Wong vs the world champion Counter Strike player playing hockey and rock climbing and shit :lol

One of Markman's friends is competing, too. That Princess girl.

FlightOfHeaven said:
So...

Any advice to an aspiring Ibuki player? Or is she too much, and I should stick with Sakura to just learn and play with?

Spin kicks all day. You'd be surprised what Raida beats.

jLKxxMK, LKxxMK, SJC command dash, close RH, SJC command dash, upkicks FADC upkicks is a pretty good reset

or was it upkicks FADC cFP SJC kunai? I don't remember.

Dizzy-4U

FlightOfHeaven said:
So...

Any advice to an aspiring Ibuki player? Or is she too much, and I should stick with Sakura to just learn and play with?
Early overhead ---> U1 all day :p

I found canceling a target combo with RH command dash pretty good also when the opponent is blocking a string.

Edit: Also, check this out: CLICK

Thanks for the tips, fellas.

Also, why are there no competitive Ibuki players? I remember hearing she was the hypeness, with what the meterless 501 damage combos.

Axis

FlightOfHeaven said:
Thanks for the tips, fellas.

Also, why are there no competitive Ibuki players? I remember hearing she was the hypeness, with what the meterless 501 damage combos.

lincoln(emp dragongod) is really fucking good...

Checking out his videos, and the Option Select link. Thanks a lot for the resources!

I'm thinking I'll have to do what everyone else does; start with the fundamentals

One thing to bear in mind is how obvious all these hints - the rollerblades, the pictures from Ono's twitter that are easily deciphered - are. Surely there must be more than the two; another surprise, otherwise why would Ono blow his load way before the official announcement and in this manner? They also seem like a very weird choice, especially in the light of all Ono's R.Mika loving on his twitter and whenever he's appeared at tournaments and stuff.

Then again, he is the king of trolling. Fingers crossed for six new characters.

APZonerunner said:
Then again, he is the king of trolling. Fingers crossed for six new characters.

For crying out loud he likes Blanka enough to use a figurine of him constantly. Of course he's the king of trolling :p

Trials update.

I made good progress toward finishing all the trials. I have only four trials left. The last trial of Ibuki, C.Viper, El Fuerte, and Abel.

This past week, I decided to grind them out. Surprised myself at the amount of progress I made.

I think I spent too much time on Ibuki's 24th trial. I ended up just practicing her BnB's and setups. :lol

black_vegeta said:
GGs Botox! That Bison really made us look free...thank God he left. :lol

That Ibuki was pissing me off with all those dash in throws. :mad:

the moment you left, I finally embarrassed that annoying ibuki :D but then he left too :(

Guy is so free against Bison pressure T_T

GGs man, always fun/frustraing playing dat rawg :)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Good morning!

I was dreaming about getting cr.lk, cr.lp, cr.lk, srk to work with Ryu (I'd actually get in the perfect distance so that I can do U1 after SRK without even FADCing). Does this work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom