• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hitsugi said:
about time. now we just need to get poongko out of korea for some super tournaments D:

Eh, I wouldn't proclaim him tournament viable, since that's only one video, which is why I was asking for more to see.

At the Gamespot, the finals of that Korean TV show against the Japanese and FMF's account, he was just a combo machine with poor fundamentals. His execution was obviously god like but there wasn't say the lame out ability of Arturo Sanchez, the patience of Justin Wong, the footsies of Diego, etc.

Nice comeback by FMF's Boxer. That was a pretty decent Ryu he was going up against. He was pretty good at the jab, roundhouse links.

Does Find use Honda now?

I think im going to retire from this game. I dont really like anyone on the current roster except juri and she fucking sucks any tier list with her above D is wrong. she's fine for low level play but she gets beaten so easily in high level play. for you to compete with someone you have to put in 2 to 4 times the work and thought.

BitchTits

AkumaHokoru said:
I think im going to retire from this game. I dont really like anyone on the current roster except juri and she fucking sucks any tier list with her above D is wrong. she's fine for low level play but she gets beaten so easily in high level play. for you to compete with someone you have to put in 2 to 4 times the work and thought.
You could say this about many of the characters in this game.

SF4 does not reward you for using the more technical/hard to use characters.

arstal said:
It's impossible to make a game without bullshit- unless you do the Karate Champ school of balancing.

Virtua Fighter is probably the game that comes closest. Soul Calibur could if it got the formula right.

Soul Calibur IV is not balanced at all, it's actually got banned character and move/combo lists at a lot of tournaments.

Tekken 6 might be just about the most balanced game going right now. It has a dominant tier for sure, but major tournaments have been won with half the cast, and people are just recently discovering things about certain characters (hello, Roger Jr.) that make them likely to win in the future. The top 20 on PSN is riddled with characters who I've seen listed as low tier (the #1 guy uses Zafina, who I've seen listed as bottom tier in some places).

Basically, the whole tier list is largely meaningless in that game because while some characters have advantages, they also all have the basic tools necessary to beat anyone (ie. 10 frame jabs). Plus, the move list is so huge it's impossible for anyone to learn every matchup inside & out like you can with SF (nobody's going to be able to recognize all those moves in the first couple of frames), so you can snake even top players sometimes by using lesser known characters.

gutabo

BitchTits said:
You could say this about many of the characters in this game.

SF4 does not reward you for using the more technical/hard to use characters.
Yesterday a friend was telling me that SF4/SSF4 rewards the lamers. He went on and on about how there's a whole game about just laming it out that you can always resort to if the main game isn't doing it for you. I had a good laugh at him but I think he might be onto something there.

gutabo said:
Yesterday a friend was telling me that SF4/SSF4 rewards the lamers. He went on and on about how there's a whole game about just laming it out that you can always resort to if the main game isn't doing it for you. I had a good laugh at him but I think he might be onto something there.

whenever I get a win streak with Guy vs an aggressive player. They would immediately pick someone like Rog and just lame me the fuck out and play very defensive--and they usually win :-(

hitsugi

BotoxAgent said:
whenever I get a win streak with Guy vs an aggressive player. They would immediately pick someone like Rog and just lame me the fuck out and play very defensive--and they usually win :-(

Guy loses to holding back.

gutabo said:

Oh that tactic, it really annoys me but I'm learning how to deal with people who do that and the first step was spotting it early enough during matches.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Threi said:
for anyone how is bored and wants to hear me attempt to commentate random online matches:

http://www.justin.tv/threi
I am overdramatically hyped for this for some reason :lol I love SSFIV today

DasRaven

AkumaHokoru said:

"I know how you feel."

Signed,
a frustrated Sagat player now playing Ryu.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
AkumaHokoru said:

It's not like you to give up so easily. Play who you want and enjoy the game. You are already at a level that many people strive to be. There are people out there who play hundreds of hours and are still where they started.

C Jones

Did Haunts pass out? The mic is dead now haha

edit: ok cool he's back and alive. his hype during the vangief/ross match was amazing

Kadey said:
It's not like you to give up so easily. Play who you want and enjoy the game. You are already at a level that many people strive to be. There are people out there who play hundreds of hours and are still where they started.
I dont really enjoy it i like good matches instead i get mashing/running/random ultra bullshit on a fairly frequent basis.

_Xenon_

Banned
AkumaHokoru said:
This is exactly how I feel about this game after playing Juri exclusively for 2 months. It seems those mid tier & mix heavy characters just don't worth the time in this game engine. I'll just wait and see if things get improved in arcade version ... or pick up Honda.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Had no idea about the stream and just caught the last 10 minutes of it, man, Vangief is nasty as hell - good stuff man.

_Xenon_

Banned
Kaako said:
Holy fucking hell that was amazing. Vangief ladies and gents. Wow.
I can't believe he did all those shit on a PAD. It's like fingers of Jesus.

BTW are they holding the tourney in a karaoke room? Why is there poker face playing in the background?

_Xenon_ said:
I can't believe he did all those shit on a PAD. It's like fingers of Jesus.
I still can't understand how he pulls off a walking ultra. We can pull off pad ultras all day with zang, but a walking ultra...in my freakin dreams. Probably not possible there either. I just find it hard to believe, but the man is indeed just that outrageous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom