• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
AkumaHokoru said:
She wishes. it was some dumb college looking broad I wasnt attracted to her in the least but it was cold even to me and I am the last person to get cold so I felt bad for her...and give it to her thinking she would appreciate my act of kindness and return it to me like I asked her to but nope.

Lesson one: Expect the worst from people and you will never be disappointed ;p! Yeah asking some random person to return something, when there are no consequences for her actions, is sadly asking too much in this world...

God's Beard said:
Her boyfriend beat her up for talking to you and now she won't leave the house because she doesn't want anyone to see the bruises.

So she cries into the scrap of your hoodie that ripped off when he tore it away from her, mascara smearing the 80% cotton, 20% polyester material.

Go on...

Grifter

Lost Fragment said:
Couldn't give you much of a critique, to be honest. You seem pretty solid to me. I don't play any of those characters and you're a lot better at the game than I am overall. Maybe if you were like scrub level, but you're not.

I'll watch those a few more times and mull it over some more, though.
You're too modest. Even if I were better than you (which I don't judge online, in casuals, with alts, etc.), it doesn't take a great player to be a great coach and I'm sure that you're more analytical that I am. Breaking down how I play is something I'm just starting to do, and any input is appreciated.

Don't worry about re-watching them tho. I'm waiting on some newer, more entertaining vids to post and don't want to turn this into homework. =)

DarkoMaledictus said:
Matchups against chars that can't teleport or have any air moves like Dudley... if you activated mid screen and I'm in the corner for some reason... lights out! (jump too early : get nail on the way down, wait and dont jump : get nailed either way). Really a pain, unless I'm missing something...

EX Thundahbolt

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Breathless is fine property wise, but it does too much damage for what it is

Its the only character nerf i think this game needs

hitsugi

_dementia said:
"i like playing guy because it makes victory more exclusive"
Victory might be elusive for guy, but even if you lose, you win.. You picked Guy, so, you made the better decision from the start.

gutabo

Crisis said:
I am so goddamn tired of "unable to join session". You have no idea.
YOU have no idea. :(

Ok, lemme put it into words.
Imagine that besides that(and going through hell with two routers and having the most expensive commercial internet service in your country), all you get are red connections with most people outside your country(even tho it's not that bad). So after the "unable to join session" hell you have to go though the "please let me play with you" hell. Sometimes I forget it's actually a fighting game and I start to think that it's some kind of twisted japanese dating sim where no matter what you do or say you always get dismissed or worse(yeah involving tentacles).

I thought it would be a while before I hit the 5k PP club again because I don't believe in myself enough (had about 4972). Luckily enough though, I run into IPeru and Dartharma to put me back into it. ^_^

I was scared when both of them joined my lobby, but I ended up blowing them up, although they both did blow me up one round.

Wiseblade

Imm0rt4l said:
Bullcat is fast becoming my favorite gouken player, I like watching Desora, but I play too much like him to learn anything really(aside from his sexy new frame traps).
Whatever happened to Shine?

MIMIC

Banned
I rarely get tagged by Breathless. Since I'm Fuerte, I usually manage to escape it/avoid it because I'm usually running backwards when they activate it. And if that's the case, I'll do a flip to avoid it if Abel rushes immediately. I'll be out of range after the flip. If I'm still in range (if Abel is much closer to me during the Breathless activation), I'll just hop off of the wall after the flip and land behind him.

EDIT: Just tested this out in training mode: if Abel activates Breathless and Fuerte is running at him, Fuerte can just spam punch and hold UF and Abel will whiff 100% of the time. Fuerte can even be running in Abel's FACE (while Breathless is activated) and pressing punch and holding UF will still cause Abel to whiff. It appears as if the animation of Fuerte stopping his run makes him invincible for a few moments.

Now if I'm Guile, the only thing I can hope for is that I'm holding back and have a bar of meter for an EX Sonic Boom :lol

Question about EX Seismo -> Burning kick.

I usually do it d, uf, qcb HK. But it seems like it works with qcb, uf or ub, HK. The latter feels harder to time. Sometimes I end up just doing a SJC. Otherwise, Viper looks like she does a light burning kick that can juggle.

Which method do most Viper players use? She has so many strange properties. When I do a slower motion of qcb, ub, HK, she does a backward moving burning kick. Also, what's the motion to cancel the regular seismos into each other?

MIMIC said:
Now if I'm Guile, the only thing I can hope for is that I'm holding back and have a bar of meter for an EX Sonic Boom :lol
Spam knee thrust?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
AkumaHokoru said:
I was defending your age and we were talking about old shit. we got to talking about morning cartoons and I was shitting on the young bucks and I was like yo fuck torrenting I remember when you had to go out of your way to get fansubs

Also Hoodies are my 2nd favorite peice of attire (after trench coats) But I dont have one after I gave some girl at the club my Raoh Hoodie because her coat was stolen and her man was being a fucking douchebag and wouldnt give her his on the 2nd coldest day of the year (it was -15f outside the girl was tiny and only wearing this tanktop thing. in hind sight i should have let the bitch freeze because she never brought it back)

Ah, I remember. We're like in the same age group. Back in the day stuff. Heathcliff! Jem! Dennis the menace! Chilly Willy!

Trench coats? Oh god, now I can't unsee it. Trench coat and Naruto headband. :lol

I think I'm going to coin a new term. Haunt's old rival, Leguna. I finally saw him play. Claims to be able to beat Daigo, etc. The guy loves using point blank ultras. Instead of wake up ultras, point blank ultras. :lol

MIMIC

Banned
BitchTits said:
What's the deal with Fuerte's Ultra 2 and hurricane kick? In the first Diago video it missed, in the second it caught him.

Daigo did a light hurricane kick when he was caught and a hard one when he wasn't caught. Plus, even if he did a light one in the 1st video, Ultra 2 wouldn't have worked; it would have carried him over Fuerte anyway.

Kadey said:
Ah, I remember. We're like in the same age group. Back in the day stuff. Heathcliff! Jem! Dennis the menace! Chilly Willy!

Trench coats? Oh god, now I can't unsee it. Trench coat and Naruto headband. :lol

I think I'm going to coin a new term. Haunt's old rival, Leguna. I finally saw him play. Claims to be able to beat Daigo, etc. The guy loves using point blank ultras. Instead of wake up ultras, point blank ultras. :lol
I didnt get the trench coat until like...2 years ago

Leunam

Imm0rt4l

Wiseblade said:
Whatever happened to Shine?
he's got a lot of matches on pikachuakumas (jr. rodriguez) youtube account. I don't know if he still plays on the tourney scene, I'm not really a fan of his style of Gouken, but he's pretty good.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Seth is so fun to play but god damn his health. I try so hard to get hits in with him and I feel like I hit my opponent over a dozen times but a two piece combo from them nearly takes my health.

And I have to say that Online T.Hawks are the most annoying to play. The range on his throws are godly. A dp move and a move that can cover the entire screen. Yeah. Annoying. It's very satisfying to get a win over him though.

hitsugi

Kadey said:
Seth is so fun to play but god damn his health. I try so hard to get hits in with him and I feel like I hit my opponent over a dozen times but a two piece combo from them nearly takes my health.

When you're on a roll, you're on a roll.. similar to playing Akuma but with less control of the situation.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
hitsugi said:
When you're on a roll, you're on a roll.. similar to playing Akuma but with less control of the situation.

I did good with him tonight. Pissed off a lot of people. Many people can't deal with his mix ups. A lot of losses on my part were dumb stuff I could easily have avoided.

Rule number one- Watch out for wake up ultras. I gotta stop trying to be so aggressive and running into them. Lost count of how many times I wall jumped into someones ultra. :lol

DO WANT!
39763203.jpg

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
marathonfool said:
Question about EX Seismo -> Burning kick.

I usually do it d, uf, qcb HK. But it seems like it works with qcb, uf or ub, HK. The latter feels harder to time. Sometimes I end up just doing a SJC. Otherwise, Viper looks like she does a light burning kick that can juggle.

Which method do most Viper players use? She has so many strange properties. When I do a slower motion of qcb, ub, HK, she does a backward moving burning kick.

I do it the way you do it, 'cause you can't juggle into ultra midscreen if you tk the burning kick. I tk it otherwise.

marathonfool said:
Also, what's the motion to cancel the regular seismos into each other?

I do f, d, uf.

Gyrian

DarkoMaledictus said:
Anyone noticed Dud's Ex thunderbolt is broken. When you cross up with it it only hits one time... wow!

I don't know what you are referring to.
DUDLEY HAS NO SUCH MOVE.

... Chuck one more into the defective pile.
I'd say it's karma for Dud only getting hit twice from Makoto's f.HP, but I <3 Dud too much to wish him ill. ;_;

GGs last night, PSN GAF.

DIRTY-D

Gyrian said:
I don't know what you are referring to.
DUDLEY HAS NO SUCH MOVE.

CHARGE DOWN, UP + KICK

Thunderbolt will allow Dudley to attack from the top of the screen and possibly chip and opponent when they are low on life, but it's practical uses still have yet to be seen.

thunderbolt.png

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

hitsugi

I just don't like how pants fit on Juri.. without some kind of bagginess, she ends up looking like a stick figure to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom