• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I see it, Cammy's already had two awesome alts while most other characters have at least one crappy one, so now they're finally lumbering her with one that's absolutely shit. :lol

Askia47

Chun looks nice and thick in the alpha suit :D

Also im looking forward to this weekends loke tests, Hopefully there is new juicy info besides Yun and Yang.

Grifter

So the Japanese fighters get realistic garb that they'd really wear and everyone else gets the funny outfits? Slick back Ryu's hair and let him out-cool Kazuya.

_Xenon_

Banned
dragonballjoseph said:
Juri's alt actually looks pretty neat.
59456807.jpg
This looks quite similar to ME2 Miranda's black outfit except the shoes. Pretty neat overall but IMO tight pants and shoes are just wired on Juri ... and why the hell do they have to keep her haircut?

navi001 said:
The cammy armor is her Killer Bee costume from Masahiko Nakariha's Street Fighter alpha manga with cat ear/tail

edit: found a picture
aa.jpg

That would actually look pretty good if they removed the cat features from it and made it more faithful to the original design.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Absolutely loving the Juri costume!

Leunam

The very second they pop up. The stuff we've seen on Yun and Yang has only been in what looks like Capcoms offices. They're probably still just empty slot in the testing machines.

Axis

Leunam said:
The very second they pop up. The stuff we've seen on Yun and Yang has only been in what looks like Capcoms offices. They're probably still just empty slot in the testing machines.

yun/yang are being tested this week at arcades in japan...footage should be coming i'm just not sure when

>.> I dont like botox or dimentia anymore :lol stop trying to get juri to have some cornball hairstyle.

Also chipping in on cammy's outfit, I just dont like the default color I'm pretty sure one of the alts of it are gonna own.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
vissione said:
A little bit of PSN play going on right now at www.justin.tv/vissione ...had enough of FFXIV OB for a while so I gotta brush up again.

I didn't know you guys had Rawg using the jp voice. I need to find a universal taunt that everyone will know. SCARED CHICKEN in japanese doesn't have the same effect.

Me losing to a Dudley = fluke

jobber said:
I didn't know you guys had Rawg using the jp voice. I need to find a universal taunt that everyone will know. SCARED CHICKEN in japanese doesn't have the same effect.

Me losing to a Dudley = fluke

I like your character.

mollipen

God as my witness... I will buy Super SFIV just for that Sakura DLC outfit! (Well, I was going to buy it anyhow, but especially now.) Also glad to see Chun's Alpha outfit return.

Gyrian

AkumaHokoru said:
Also chipping in on cammy's outfit, I just dont like the default color I'm pretty sure one of the alts of it are gonna own.

I presume color 10 on this one will remove the mask, cat ears, and tail.
Sadly, the default color is terrible, and so will color 10 be, then.

jlai

Threi said:
man makoto has a TON of good stuff going for her in this game. I can't count the number of times i said "man i wish deejay had that"

she is really damn underrated.

She's definitely underrated, but at the same time has alot of limitations. I think especially the way I play her, its very shenanigan and reset-based. I'll always lose to DP or ultra mashers.

ggd210 said:
Guys, have fun with this, I hope to be new here!

Street Fighter High - The musical (AMAZING!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTCutUi2kaY part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyW9lCVvsvM part 2

I like all the girls new alt!!! :D specially.... Juri and Sakura!!

Its so random how that was shot at my old high school.. which is really really small, as you can tell by its cardboard walls.

Joekage

Not a lot of people use Cody to his strengths, and there is a sparse amount of good Cody videos on Youtube to guide the way besides Ryan Hunter, couple Sabr3 videos and some Japanese players.. so I decided to help out and share some of my adventures with the most fun character in the game IMO.

Well, I just had a pretty nice set with HAV, a tourney player from I believe from the Virginia/Maryland area and thought I'd share some replays of my Cody vs his Dudley/Ryu/Abel. His Abel is godlike, and the character that gave me the most trouble out of any :(

So here we go. (Edit: Still uploading more vids so please stay tuned or subscribe if you like what you see.) Also, please watch in HD. Took these vids with my iPhone 4 so shakey cam kinda sucks and the quality is bearable in either 480p or 720p preferably >_>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWu5MosBNz0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyfTdu1tZeE&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIv9J9feUAQ&feature=channel

Please feel free to critique me and comment on whatever. I made some mistakes on punishes is my biggest concern in these matches but yeah haha, special shoutout to Floyd (Morro!) and chaotix for the Dudley exp. Couldn't have done it without you <3

Threi

notag
sexy vids :D

the second-class chars need all the help they can get with regards to resources, it's not like other chars where you have an endless resources to high level play, frame traps, guides, option selects, etc.

so the more the better :)

I checked out all the Dudley videos. Good stuff, man.

Looking forward to the videos vs. his Abel. I can attest to how good his Abel is.

Are you linking F+MP after cr.LP x2?

Joekage

Yeah his Abel perfected me quite a few times, although I didn't upload those for my pride haha. But yeah, I'm not linking the f.mp, but trying to catch crouch teching by throwing a f.mp after a cr jab. Most of Cody's normals catch crouch techers and almost always results in a counter hit, in which I can either ultra or combo to whatever my desire due to the frame advantage it gives me. It also gives me the distance advantage, allowing me to continue on my blockstring or go for the throw or go for a quick cr fierce into ex rocks, creating distance or if it counter hits, giving me even more options for incredible damage and stun.

Axis

Joekage said:
Not a lot of people use Cody to his strengths, and there is a sparse amount of good Cody videos on Youtube to guide the way besides Ryan Hunter, couple Sabr3 videos and some Japanese players.. so I decided to help out and share some of my adventures with the most fun character in the game IMO.

Well, I just had a pretty nice set with HAV, a tourney player from I believe from the Virginia/Maryland area and thought I'd share some replays of my Cody vs his Dudley/Ryu/Abel. His Abel is godlike, and the character that gave me the most trouble out of any :(

So here we go. (Edit: Still uploading more vids so please stay tuned or subscribe if you like what you see.) Also, please watch in HD. Took these vids with my iPhone 4 so shakey cam kinda sucks and the quality is bearable in either 480p or 720p preferably >_>

Please feel free to critique me and comment on whatever. I made some mistakes on punishes is my biggest concern in these matches but yeah haha, special shoutout to Floyd (Morro!) for the Dudley exp. Couldn't have done it without you <3

good shit man, your cody's coming along nicely...i started fucking with him recently....need to get you to show me some shitttt

Joekage said:
Yeah his Abel perfected me quite a few times, although I didn't upload those for my pride haha. But yeah, I'm not linking the f.mp, but trying to catch crouch teching by throwing a f.mp after a cr jab. Most of Cody's normals catch crouch techers and almost always results in a counter hit, in which I can either ultra or combo to whatever my desire due to the frame advantage it gives me. It also gives me the distance advantage, allowing me to continue on my blockstring or go for the throw or go for a quick cr fierce into ex rocks, creating distance or if it counter hits, giving me even more options for incredible damage and stun.

Yeah, it's a good setup for Cody. I noticed that a lot in our ranbat ;)

HAV's Abel is no joke.

cHaotix8

Really good stuff Joe. I honestly think you have one of the best Cody's in the country. I should be in Dallas today so hopefully we can get some matches in tonight.

Joekage

cHaotix8 said:
Really good stuff Joe. I honestly think you have one of the best Cody's in the country. I should be in Dallas today so hopefully we can get some matches in tonight.

Thanks bro, I hope I can live up to your praise especially in the coming tournaments haha.

Also, here's another video hot off the upload press. Me vs HAV's Ryu. I went into the match with the wrong strategy for his playstyle, trying to zone him out with rocks and bingo but he decided to rush down which took me by surprise. I got extremely lucky in this matchup but took what I had and made it work to my advantage lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPOZo-30o0s

Nice stuff Joekage. If we run into each other in GAF Ranbat and you try those sick Cody block strings against me then I'll mash DP so hard and have no shame in it.

Oh and your boy FMF says that Hav is a scrub, so you beat a nobody :p

Joekage

Rice-Eater said:
Nice stuff Joekage. If we run into each other in GAF Ranbat and you try those sick Cody block strings against me then I'll mash DP so hard and have no shame in it.

Oh and your boy FMF says that Hav is a scrub, so you beat a nobody :p

Haha don't worry about it, I'm used to that in ranked anyways haha. Also yeah, I remember Farms saying that haha. This just means I gotta take him down next so I can cement my legacy as "scrub killa" ^_^. YOU HEAR THAT FARMS, YOU'RE GOING DOWN IN THE NEXT RANBAT TOURNEY AT GOONS. <3 (fuck cammy...)

Need to hurry up with that 360 Joe. Need to show you how bad your Cody is
by picking one of his worse match-ups and being a Cody player myself, although I haven't practiced him much lately. >_>;

Joekage

dragonballjoseph said:
Need to hurry up with that 360 Joe. Need to show you how bad your Cody is
by picking one of his worse match-ups and being a Cody player myself, although I haven't practiced him much lately. >_>;

Matter of weeks, stupid school has a policy of only one gaming console per apt on it's network so I can't register my 360 :(. Can't wait to get out of here, and you got it bro haha. Bison is pretty tough but I have some tricks up my sleeve for him.. oh what am I saying I'm free to Bison and Sakura and Cammy. Doesn't hurt to try though *sigh*.

That said, you're still going down <3

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Joekage said:

Please feel free to critique me and comment on whatever. I made some mistakes on punishes is my biggest concern in these matches but yeah haha, special shoutout to Floyd (Morro!) and chaotix for the Dudley exp. Couldn't have done it without you <3

If you do more Cody videos, you mind subbing (or at least using the Youtube subs) them?

Joekage

Do you mean putting in subs to show what I'm doing and why? If so, then yeah, that sounds like a good idea. Although alot of it is just me going on auto-pilot haha. I'm sure I can describe the match in more detail though. If you do have any questions, be sure to let me know. I consider myself a professor when it comes to Cody haha.

Update: Another Ryu video ^_^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-Sv88wBH6o&feature=channel

Abel coming up soon. Youtube is being a bitch uploading these videos...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom