• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Aren't Empire Arcadia contracts signed on a napkin though? What's the big deal?

Good luck, Arturo. I think you're right. You have the best chance in USA of beating Daigo.

Justin, Marn, and Ricky are EG now

man, just watching that MM Sabin vs Daigo. Daigo was pulling out some serious clutch magic shit, can't get enough of it, wow--he even did that Super Iyo setup again. Arturo did great though and he has more than proven that he can do it!

I hope Team Spooky makes it to Japan and do something special

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It all comes together now. :D

Empire is really screwed. Sanford, the best player really didn't do all that great at EVO so that really doesn't look all that good for them now. It's like ever since Justin left, it's one thing after another.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Kadey said:

Empire is really screwed. Sanford, the best player really didn't do all that great at EVO so that really doesn't look all that good for them now. It's like ever since Justin left, it's one thing after another.

Ever since MaRN left.

---

Also Kadey *hugs*...

Do you need my stick?

h3ro

What's EG? New crew they formed out on the West coast?

I've been really out of of the scene because of work. I don't know how you do it SnowWolf, PGY-2 is kicking my ass.

Hell, I just found out that Justin got knocked out early. So much youtube to watch...

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
h3ro said:

I've been really out of of the scene because of work. I don't know how you do it SnowWolf, PGY-2 is kicking my ass.

Hell, I just found out that Justin got knocked out early. So much youtube to watch...

Luckily I'm still in med school. Residency is really scaring me though!

Imm0rt4l

h3ro said:

evil geniuses

h3ro

SnowWolf said:
Luckily I'm still in med school. Residency is really scaring me though!

You'll be fine. Just find a way to get past your hospital's filter so you can read GAF. :D

Thanks for the info on EG, guys. Much appreciated.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Kadey said:

Uhhh, didnt Sanford get 9th or something at EVO? He was playing really well and got fucked by a stick malfunction and probably would have made it much further.

Imm0rt4l

haunts said:
Uhhh, didnt Sanford get 9th or something at EVO? He was playing really well and got fucked by a stick malfunction and probably would have made it much further.
yep, he lost to rb and I believe was top 16.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
haunts said:

What ifs, and what is are two different things. :D He should have made it further.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Most of it is just being humored by him. Not really hate. He's supposed to be one of the figureheads of the FGC so anything that happens receives a lot of attention.

Ploid 3.0

Cromulent_Word said:
any psn gaf endless battles going on? if so, someone invite me

psn: cromulent_word

:)

You know about the psn gafchat right? Don't need to ask if someone want to fight here. Get a link to gafchat and hop on, if someone is on (most likely around this time) it's an instant party.

Axis

Kadey said:
Most of it is just being humored by him. Not really hate. He's supposed to be one of the figureheads of the FGC so anything that happens receives a lot of attention.

fair enough. he just seems like a nice guy

nlscw9.jpg

:lol :lol

Hugbot

So apparently my friend who still lives at my old complex was walking and found the fedex package torn apart and the bezel broken in half. No sign of the rest of it. I'm mad salty over some crackhead fuck stealing the package and then not even using it :mad:

Edit: Sorry for venting so much, this just kinda ruined my day. Played a few matches earlier and couldn't make it through a round without losing composure and raging.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
haunts said:

RB bodied Sanford convincingly, both before and after Sanford pressed start. Can't call it a stick malfunction if you don't even button check properly before the match.

Ploid 3.0

knee said:
PSN Gaf! I need an endless invite! :D

PSN ID: drawp

...wait... chat?

It's just a link to a room that never go away. You log onto psn, and go to the chat room like some sort of irc. SSF4 has a feature that invites everyone in that room to your lobbies and such. You can talk while in the room while you play the game (not voice). It's just a way to connect everyone in a persistent community on psn.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Can I also get an invite to the endless chat. PSN ID- The Trinidad. I need to train against gaffers for my first tourney in August :D

GGs to Rentahamster :D

My Dudley-Dhalsim knowledge grew exponentially from our fights, even though I lost 10-0.

Double perfected to a couple near wins is pretty good I think :lol
I kept messing up my hit confirms and did c.LK xx MK xx Jet Uppercut when I wanted MGB, I need to work on it.

I kept throwing myself into you to see what would and wouldn't work, and I found out some good info :)

Specifics:
j.MK beats/trades with all of Dhalsim's far anti-airs
j.FP beats b.MP and b.RH when spaced correctly
light MGB punishes Yoga Flame and naked close teleports
EX machinegun blow punishes backwards jumps and poorly spaced Yoga Snipers
c.LP xx L MGB is a good pressure system because of Dhalsim's lack of fast moves and reversals, avoid when dhalsim has super
cMK can punish Dhalsim's Fierce on reaction if it gets spammed a lot

Strategy:
Jumping over fireballs into AA setups using the above jumping normals as a shield is a good strategy for gaining space.
Throw out occasional focus attacks to confuse the dhalsim's normal timing
Be very wary of EX upflame
Don't be afraid to give up health in exchange for positioning, it only takes 2 big Dudley combos to eliminate Dhalsim, whereas Dhalsim has to remain consistent to beat Dudley
Thunderbolt can be used in clutch situations

Overall:
Very difficult match, even against a riskier Dhalsim like Renta. More patient Dhalsims can be extremely brutal for Dudley.

6.5-3.5 Dhalsim

practice, practice, practice :D

Axis

AZ Greg said:
Gonna start up an XBL lobby if anyone wants in!

Just can't stay up until 4 am like the last couple of nights. :lol

won't be so bad without eva making everyone salty haha

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
AZ Greg said:
Gonna start up an XBL lobby if anyone wants in!

Just can't stay up until 4 am like the last couple of nights. :lol

If you don't mind a complete scrub like me joining: GT: pankaksreborn

hitsugi

haunts said:

looked like he got worked pretty bad by RB regardless of the stick malfunction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom