• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
_dementia said:
kaIVr.jpg

Lol Nice!

MoxManiac

Rufus doesn't need any nerfs, unless the rest of the cast keeps getting nerfs that is, then I can see it.

Some of the reported changes have to be BS. Bison U2 changed to a charge motion? WTF?

Blanka didn't need nerfs! Online maybe he was an annoyance but he wasn't THAT good. Although, I would take a dive ball if Ono can make that happen. X-up dive ball into electricity, yeah, lets get that going.

If Yang is really trash I don't even know who I am supposed to main though. My world just twist turned upside down.

:lol :lol That Guile bit can't be true.

Someone posted on SRK saying it's assumed that Sb only build meter if blocked or does dmg.

So neutral jumping doesn't gain meter for SB.

Joekage said:

Wow. You're really good. I don't play the game very much anymore and haven't been exposed to a great Cody before.

I hope you body Adnan.

As far as all of this arcade talk, I think I'll wait until someone credible or videos start to emerge.

"As far as all of this arcade talk, I think I'll wait until someone credible or videos start to emerge."

All this info has come from Azrael hasn't it? He's one of the most credible posters on SRK.

Teknopathetic said:
All this info has come from Azrael hasn't it? He's one of the most credible posters on SRK.

Some of it came from Azrael. Some it came from someone named Elstob. There's a location test thread on SRK. But I think with the way the setup is right now (one single player and a few head-2-head cabs), it's hard to really test a lot.

More notes from Azrael

Azrael said:
I have a bit more time now. I'll try to explain some of the things from my quick post earlier.

Ryu and Akuma will not be able to air tatsu out of corners anymore. Trying to do hurricane kick at or before the peak of the jump arc will pretty much give your opponent a free punish. Air tatsu seems to work the same as long as its down on the downward arc, and still has its crossup properties - I saw Ryu players using it, and Akuma players using it in the vortex. It was hilarious though to see Ryu/Akuma players try to escape the corner...and just kind of float harmlessly in place.

Played with Chun (my main), got a 5-game win streak. She doesn't feel any different. However, against a Ryu player, I did OS sweep against wakeup backdash and nailed him several times. Did not get the dizzy I was expecting. I talked with another Chun player afterwards, and he also mentioned not getting a dizzy he expected off a sweep. So that's just pure conjecture from two Chun mains.

Guile - I was watching a Guile player throw Sonic Boom. I was also looking at his super meter, and I didn't see it moving at all. Now, I don't know how this works fully - maybe he only gets meter on Sonic Boom contact? So maybe saying no meter at all on SB is a bit harsh, but it definitely seems as though it will be a lot harder to build meter just by throwing SB. The guy playing Guile said he felt more or less the same.

Zangief - U2 has way more range now, it was grabbing things I know I've seen it whiff on before. I'll also echo the sentiment that jab SPD seems to have more range. And yes, EX Green Hand does not knock down. In the original loketests for IV, EX GH didn't knock down, and this was a bloody nightmare - if you didn't think to jump away immediately after getting hit by it Gief got free SPD/Ultra. Most non-Gief players were relieved with it started to knock down in later loketests.

Cammy - yes, I know its not actually Tiger Knee motion. Either way, Instant Canon Strike can no longer be done. If she jumps normally it can be done no problem. EX Canon Strike can still be done by QCB, UB+2K. Many people seem to be overlooking the buff that she can combo her normals more easier now.

Seth - J.HP changed, stretchy Dhalsim J.HP is gone. The animation is like a regular uppercut (think shoto or Guile C.HP) but just in the air.

Sakura - Did not personally play her, but reportedly she doesn't feel too different.

Balrog - Did not play him, but fought against him and watched some of his matches. Did not look too different.

Bison - U2 input changed to (charge) B, F, B, F+PPP. More recovery on whiff.

Dudley - As I said before, EX Ducking. Seems to have the same distance and speed as RH Ducking, just recovers WAY faster. If you happen to EX Duck through a fireball, you can pretty much choose what you want to hit your opponent with. Does NOT have armor, was still vulnerable to pokes and counters. Don't know how it could possibly work in combos, had to fight against a Balrog player who wasn't really interested in letting me experiment with stuff. C.Roundhouse is different - maybe a little faster. I did it as an AA, but was not able to follow up, as my opponent didn't fly up as high. J.RH knocks down if the opponent is also airborne, but the knockdown is techable (opponent can quick wake up). Jet upper still seems to have no invincibility frames, still got stuffed.

Gen - reportedly easier to combo his normals, only saw one Gen player and overheard conversation from other people in line.

Yang - Pretty easy to combo into his rekkas. Yang and Yun will probably need to use EX for solid AA. Teleport can cross up. Palm strikes have pretty big hitboxes.

I will echo what has been said, in that there is no way to know how these changes ultimately play out until the final version of the game hits and people get more play time in with the characters. There is no use crying about anything right now. There was also an army of staff and developers watching everything and taking notes, and there were questionnaires for players to fill out.

I was there when it opened at 930, and by 10 there were already tournament level players there, using their mains and fighting seriously. They weren't interested in trying new things out, or letting anyone else try new things out. Imagine making top 8 at EVO, and then going into finals having someone ask you to pick a character you don't regularly use to see how they play. ...Yeah, not going to happen. Also, taking any sort of pics/vids was near impossible.

Leunam

I was there when it opened at 930, and by 10 there were already tournament level players there, using their mains and fighting seriously. They weren't interested in trying new things out, or letting anyone else try new things out.

What a surprise.

I wonder if EX Ducking would let you do a RH medley without a counterhit.

If it did, EX Ducking would be the most godly addition ever.

Fireball ->EX Ducking cFP, RHxxEX Ducking, RHxxEX Ducking, RHxxEX MGB, Ducking Straight, jab MGB, Ultra

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
These loketest changes are insane... Cammy's TKCS had better come back - Cammy felt like a complete but far from overpowered character in Super, she doesn't need to have options removed. Stop nerfing/removing stuff from the solid characters and buff/add to weaker characters' options instead, Capcom...

ExMachina said:
These loketest changes are insane... Cammy's TKCS had better come back - Cammy felt like a complete but far from overpowered character in Super, she doesn't need to have options removed. Stop nerfing/removing stuff from the solid characters and buff/add to weaker characters' options instead, Capcom...

Not a Cammy player but how will this affect her game?

I'm seeing a trend here, I know TKCS can be used for building meter, looks like they are trying to get away from that (Guile changes et al).

When I see good Cammy they tend to go for the more damaging normal link combos, which are said to be easier now.

I do agree with the air tatsus no longer being get out of jail free cards, you do a lot of work to corner a shoto then POOF. Had to be hella frustrating for Gief players, so I like that change. Will go a long way in evening Gief v. Akuma.

Yeah I get what they're trying to do with a lot of these nerfs. It's not really just about weakening or strengthening certain characters, they're also trying to make the player experience more fun for all levels of players.

I remember they used to say things like "Players really hated when such and such happened, or such and such seemed unfair to lot of players", when they were getting rid of stuff like trade ultras coming into super.

Sonic boom spam pisses people off, Blanka pisses people off, Seth pisses people off and meter building changes the pace of the game. That's probably Capcom's thinking.

V-Gief

Haha, reading the EX-greenhand changes brought a tear to my eye. Capcom grappler hate continues unchecked it seems. T_T At least it is not final, so there's hope for improvement.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
LOL, Blanka, nerf that piece of shit so no one plays em anymore

Hakan cancelling 360 K is so obvious. In fact ALL chargeable moves should be able to be cancelled

Haha cammy, no free lockdown for you.

Leunam

Yun can Tetsu Zankou (Shoulder) xx FADC xx Ultra 1
I couldn't FADC Nishou Kyaku (Up Kicks) at all, this may mean I suck or it may mean wake up Dragon Kick isn't a great option for Yun
Yun color 1 is Blue, color 2 is yellow.

Yang can Kaihou (Up kicks) xx FADC xx EX Slashes (execution fail on Ultra test sorry)
c.mk into Slashes does work
Yangs dive kick is the same as Yuns as far as I can tell.
Yang's Super is double QCB + Punch, can cancel into into it from QCB + P (Palm)
QCB + LP seemed to be fake palm.
Yang color one is Pinkish, color two is purple.

Confirmation of other stuff: Zangief EX Green Hand didn't knock down. Hondas Ultra 2 is now HCBx2. Bisons Ultra 2 is now charge.

More.

LakeEarth

Hondas Ultra 2 is now HCBx2. For most this is great, but for me its the worst news ever. I can 720 more consistently then I can HCBx2, its weird.

kitzkozan

I heard that T.Hawk is getting some damage buff. :lol Seems like Zangief will soon be the worst grappler out of the 3.Hakan seems to be aiming for a top tier spot,especially since only of tweak are needed to move from low to high/top. :D

I'm sure we will be hearing about more change in the days to come.

McNum

Imm0rt4l said:
apparently it doesn't knockdown now, so he can't run okizeme on his opponent.
This might just be my scrubby Gief thinking here, but Zangief having a move that has startup invincibility, does a fair amount of damage, and puts him inside SPD range. This is bad for him, how?

hitsugi

FlightOfHeaven said:
Also, I hope Yang is great. I always wanted to pick him up in 3S.

The general theory goes - if they weren't great in the game they came from, there's little chance they'll be great now.

hitsugi

God's Beard said:
...Fei Long?

Cammy would have been a better comparison, but she ended up good in the CVS series I guess.

Either way, I said general, and that holds true for most of the characters that were added to SF4.

Less push back on Blanka ball, no stretchy j. FP for Dhalsim? Hell yeah, release that Arcade Edition patch already Capcom. I can deal with the lack of tatsu escape as long as I never have to rage about those other 2 moves again :lol

hitsugi said:
If they remove TKCS for Cammy, on the same principles they should remove Vipers instant burning kick.

lol @ "principles". Balancing characters in a fighting game should be done on a case-by-case basis. Reasoning in terms of all things being equal when they're really not in the first place makes no sense.

Not that I think that they are actually trying to make sense with this anyway.

hitsugi

~Devil Trigger~ said:
LOL, CS cannot be compared with Burn Kick

LOL. Good explanation! Incoming mad Viper players.. p.s. I play both characters.

Sako destroying people = do something about Cammy plz.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
hitsugi said:
LOL. Good explanation! Incoming mad Viper players.. p.s. I play both characters.

Sako destroying people = do something about Cammy plz.
sorry, its too obvious to write a paragraph about it.

Nose Master

The Blanka nerf only really effects scrubby Blankas. (Granted, that's 99% of them) A good Blanka isn't going to ball randomly at you all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom