• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitsugi

FindMyFarms said:
THIS IS STUPID. Why take out the WHAT DEFINES HER AS A CHARACTER and instead give her "easy to combo normals?" Her BnB hit confirms were already easy as fuck to do, they were all 2 frames outside of st. mp -> cr. fierce which isn't even that good! That is NOT a buff at all and Capcom clearly does not understand how cammy plays.

I know we've disagreed on things before, but I was feeling like I was the only person that really hated that change to Cammy. Making those combos easier to do is actually disappointing for me

So I just read that Sagat's st. LK is back and his DP does more damage. This will definitely not be Vanilla Sagat, but it looks like the king may make a comeback in Arcade Edition.

hitsugi said:
I know we've disagreed on things before, but I was feeling like I was the only person that really hated that change to Cammy. Making those combos easier to do is actually disappointing for me

All the cammy players I've talked to hate the change :/ We'll all switch to Yun :lol

More from SRK

LowlietL on SRK said:
Vega : Ex flip kick = viable reversal now.
Less damage on ex wall dive grab.

Cody : faster walk speed, ex zonk distance is shorter.

Sagat : Vanilla's standing lk is back. One hit, special cancelable, vanilla distance, does near 40dmg. lk TK is vanilla like, mk and hk are useless.
More recovery on high TS. His ts game is lame.

Guy : As thing goes, he looks way more viable. Hitbox tweak on mp hp combo, more hit stun on elbow. U2 is decent now, less recovery on whiff, distance fixed.
His flip grab has been toned down, 120 damage instead of 200.

Cammy might have been given more block/hit stun off the CS now. Her normals probably have better frame advantage so you can go for frame traps. Regular TKCS is gone, but you can probably still CS on the way up.

Guy : As thing goes, he looks way more viable. Hitbox tweak on mp hp combo, more hit stun on elbow. U2 is decent now, less recovery on whiff, distance fixed.
His flip grab has been toned down, 120 damage instead of 200.
That is a massive damage nerf on the flip grab. U2 is still awful because of the startup. The target-combo hitbox was dumb on the console version, I'm glad it actually hits people now. The bushin elbow could be useful, but I was hoping for overhead.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
i dont understand the damage nerf on Bushin flip grab..unless they sped up or changed the flip itself its uncalled for as the only way to land the thing was sheer luck.

~Devil Trigger~ said:
Marseille rolling slightly elongated rigid.

Google what?

Rigid means execution time. So Marseille Roll takes longer to execute (start-up), that's what it seems to say.

That's quite a change if so. Might remove it as a legit wakeup option.

Degen

the_log_ride said:
Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Thread of BACK TO THE FRONT OF THE BUS AGAIN, SAGAT
"Oh, no! He's on the level of other characters now! BUT HE'S THE KING!" *buff buff buff*

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
gundamkyoukai said:
Rose lost all invincibility on Soul Satellite.
The fuck why capcom .

So Mak gets Armor Break EX Hayate, more invincibility on Oroshi, and a damage boost on Fukiage.
Fuck yes capcom .

I'm ok with that, you can still block duing it,so it's still useful. Just keeps the move from being a no-brainer.

marathonfool said:
That is a massive damage nerf on the flip grab. U2 is still awful because of the startup. The target-combo hitbox was dumb on the console version, I'm glad it actually hits people now. The bushin elbow could be useful, but I was hoping for overhead.

Even so I don't think it will hurt him too much as he's still a high damage character although I do feel kinda bad for Guy players because his recovery sucks on just about everything.

LowParry

Vega : Ex flip kick = viable reversal now.
Less damage on ex wall dive grab.

Viable reversal. Good good. Wall dive grab doing less damage. Booo.

Joekage

Cody : faster walk speed, ex zonk distance is shorter.

GOD YES! EX Bingo distance nerf wasn't really needed though, If you're using EX Bingo, you want your opponent to be right next to you anyways. Regular bingo works wonders at long distance though. Just have to see how short the distance is before I can judge on if it's a bad thing.

But yeah, a faster walk speed was soo needed! Now I can actually tick throw without being obvious as fuck! Now Capcom, all you have to do is give me some form of invincibility on EX CU and I won't say shit about anything.

hitsugi

Gr1mLock said:
i dont understand the damage nerf on Bushin flip grab..unless they sped up or changed the flip itself its uncalled for as the only way to land the thing was sheer luck.

It did do a lot, but since bushin elbow was completely worthless, I don't see the point of nerfing the flip in the off chance that you actually land it D: elbow has zero priority and gets beat out by / trades with so many random normals.. but the fact that you'll be able to combo off of it is nice. I guess it's another one of those things that'd be "too good" if it had more priority

The U2 change could be good as well.. I know it has some start up but you gotta admit it'd be a little too powerful if it were instant.

also the MP->HP chain whiffing being fixed is significant

arstal said:
I'm ok with that, you can still block duing it,so it's still useful. Just keeps the move from being a no-brainer.

yeah after thinking about it , not really a big deal .
I just happy that mak at least get something thought they would leave her the same lol.

hitsugi said:

Yep that's the main reason why i stop play him .
Still he needs a few more things done to him.

The more I read, the more I see why people are hating the changes, but to me changes are just changes, some people worry too much and should just chill and roll with it. Can't play the same game forever, I welcome them, try to understand why it is getting changed, and adapt.

Nerfing the tatsu escape was good. The rest are up for debate, admittedly I don't have the most intimate knowledge of this game like I did with past SFs, but I do have a solid grasp and all the changes so far make sense to me, except Cammy really.

I don't really care what they do to Rufus so long as they give me Alex :D

Wiseblade

El Fuerte
Power of ultra 2 went down.

2i7biu1.jpg

Does anyone know yet:

Yun + Yang divekicks. Are they like Rufus, or are they like 3s?

In 3s the kick was pretty much instant, whereas with Rufus he actually pauses midair briefly while it starts up. It is tiny, but it is enough to feel totally different and those who have used yun and yang in 3s and Rufus in 4 will know what I'm talking about.

Also pretty positive you can't do otg dives with the twins either in 3s.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
hitsugi said:
It did do a lot, but since bushin elbow was completely worthless, I don't see the point of nerfing the flip in the off chance that you actually land it D: elbow has zero priority and gets beat out by / trades with so many random normals.. but the fact that you'll be able to combo off of it is nice. I guess it's another one of those things that'd be "too good" if it had more priority

The U2 change could be good as well.. I know it has some start up but you gotta admit it'd be a little too powerful if it were instant.

yeah i mean guy doesn't really need a whole lot. He wasn't ever stellar and im fine with him being a solid mid tier character. The bushin flip grab nerf makes no sense either way, its like they did it to offset his fixes i e to compensate for the fact that worthless combos now work?.. weird way to balance things. They said his slide is faster..but im wondering which slide?..run silde or down roundhouse? theyre both fine and dont really need buffs. U2 does need something..cause that thing is borderline worthless as is. It would be too strong if it was like an FAB but at 5 frames its literally worthless. Either make it around 3 frame startup and nerf the damage or make it just like a real grab ultra but tweak the range. I would personally really appreciate a walkspeed boost. Guys normals are..not great..he's a footsie character that cant play footsies anymore.

hitsugi

Arpharmd B said:
Does anyone know yet:

Yun + Yang divekicks. Are they like Rufus, or are they like 3s?

I'm really hoping they're like 3s.. and controlled by all 3 kick buttons. Short dive kick -> grab shenanigans please. I feel they had much more control over them in 3s than Rufus does, and I'm hoping that carries over.

Wiseblade

Ok seriously, nerfing Ultra Spark turns Fuerte from a character who chips at you until you do something stupid and punishes you hard for it, into a character who chips at you.

Gr1mLock said:
yeah i mean guy doesn't really need a whole lot. He wasn't ever stellar and im fine with him being a solid mid tier character. The bushin flip grab nerf makes no sense either way, its like they did it to offset his fixes i e to compensate for the fact that worthless combos now work?.. weird way to balance things. They said his slide is faster..but im wondering which slide?..run silde or down roundhouse? theyre both fine and dont really need buffs. U2 does need something..cause that thing is borderline worthless as is. It would be too strong if it was like an FAB but at 5 frames its literally worthless. Either make it around 3 frame startup and nerf the damage or make it just like a real grab ultra but tweak the range. I would personally really appreciate a walkspeed boost. Guys normals are..not great..he's a footsie character that cant play footsies anymore.

I really like Guy in Super, and I loved the big damage off of Bushin flip.

But you have to admit, it's BIG damage, like borderline insane retarded damage. That was the -first- thing I ever noticed about Super, was man this thing hits HARD lol.

A nice tradeoff would be if more of his stuff worked on crouching opponents, they improved the dropping elbow or his jump speed, made lk run cancel stop on a dime, etc.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Dear Capcom:

Please nerf Chun Li so Threi and Greg don't complain about her every day and force me to change her.

Thanks,
Relix

hitsugi said:
I'm really hoping they're like 3s.. and controlled by all 3 kick buttons. Short dive kick -> grab shenanigans please. I feel they had much more control over them in 3s than Rufus does, and I'm hoping that carries over.

Now that you mention it, I wish they would change that for Rufus.

The way it is now, short dives are actually kind of tricky to pull off, and when you are using them to bait shoryukens, fucking even one up is life or death in that matchup (and I do mean this, the Ryu player we have down here is intense).

hitsugi

With regards to Guy, maybe I just don't know something but his close s.LK seems to not do anything where as in alpha he used to be able to s.LP, s.LK -> Bushin chain..

I messed with it a little when I first got the game, but it didn't seem like you could do anything with his close LK besides run slide..

blackadde

Solid_Rain said:
I'm confused about that too and I'm not 100% sure but I think she can even be normal meaty thrown out of it as it is.

rose can always jump out of meaty throws after a reversal soul satellite.

Joekage

Wiseblade said:
Ok seriously, nerfing Ultra Spark turns Fuerte from a character who chips at you until you do something stupid and punishes you hard for it, into a character who chips at you.

Sorry, this ultra did way too much damage, and deserved a nerf in terms of damage. Not that I like seeing Fuerte getting nerfed at all, but yeah. Fuerte may suck on defense but his mixup game is ridiculous so I don't see the problem here.....

Wiseblade

Joekage said:
Sorry, this ultra did way too much damage, and deserved a nerf in terms of damage. Not that I like seeing Fuerte getting nerfed at all, but yeah. Fuerte may suck on defense but his mixup game is ridiculous so I don't see the problem here.....
It's damage is/was in proportion to its usability and the damage potential of the character. He can't combo into it (outside of FA, durr) and you can jump out of it on reaction with ease. It's range is deceptively short too. ultimately, you're not going to land it unless your opponent does something stupid right in front of you.

Imm0rt4l said:
yea ultra spark deserved the damage nerf imo

You deserve a damage nerf.

AZ Greg

Solid_Rain said:
More from SRK

FUCK YES! Vega EX ST being viable is one of the big things I wanted! Should be better as AA too! Now just give me a more viable combo into either one of his ultras and :D

EX FBA damage nerf is a little disappointing, but I don't see them taking too much off of it. I just hope they don't nerf: df.rh > rh st or df.rh > ex st

Also, new nerfs that warm my heart:

- Abel TT doing less dmg and U2 having more recovery
- Fuerte U2 dmg reduction
- Guy flip grab move doing less dmg
- Rose U2 being more vulnerable

:D

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Arpharmd B said:
I really like Guy in Super, and I loved the big damage off of Bushin flip.

But you have to admit, it's BIG damage, like borderline insane retarded damage. That was the -first- thing I ever noticed about Super, was man this thing hits HARD lol.

A nice tradeoff would be if more of his stuff worked on crouching opponents, they improved the dropping elbow or his jump speed, made lk run cancel stop on a dime, etc.

yea but you gotta consider all the variables. bushin flip loses to a stiff breeze. the risk reward is totally off whack..its like he doesnt even HAVE that move.. one out of ten attempts to get it MIGHT work. its like a freak accident in this game and it shouldnt be. like hitsugi said he just doesnt have a bunch of his signature tools. He has no pokes!! lol. its just not viable to nerf a character thats already pretty bad. But we dont have the whole picture yet. if they fixed flip elbow then im fine with flip grab losing damage.

jlai

Been waiting for something to push me over from Rose to Makoto for sure... If you thought I spammed EX Overhead alot now, just you wait! I hope with this many changes it doesn't turn into some type of another $40 SSF4 Championship edition release or something but rather is some type of cheaper DLC.

hitsugi said:
With regards to Guy, maybe I just don't know something but his close s.LK seems to not do anything where as in alpha he used to be able to s.LP, s.LK -> Bushin chain..

I messed with it a little when I first got the game, but it didn't seem like you could do anything with his close LK besides run slide..

In Alpha 2, you could do lp. lk. xx hurricane kick or c.mk cancel first hit into hurricane. Bushin flips were fast as hell, and if you did one near the corner you could combo into level 3 super (which is the same in 4).

Yes, combo after a throw, pretty much unheard of, and he was the only character who could IIRC.

Threi

notag
USD said:
It's an overhead.
i thought that at first but remembered deejay's (far) st.hk whiffs on crouching opponents...maybe it's something else? His close st.hk looks nothing like an overhead (it starts low then goes up) so that would be strange as well if it was an overhead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom