• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitsugi

_dementia said:
even if geneijin is real geneijin, it's not like you have to worry about him activating it thrice in one round.

or being able to build his meter by doing jump back HP and whiffed c.MP

he'll be lucky to do it once per round

_Xenon_

Banned
God's Beard said:
So is Dudley-Blanka 8-2 yet? Dudley already had several answers for nearly every one of his attacks as it was.
Dudley can already punish the ball without meter so I don't think the matchup changes much. Maybe it's even better for Dudley now because of his normal buff but still blanka's cr.mp beats Dud's everything.

DIRTY-D

hitsugi said:
gotta say, if they're removing the j.HP then.... they really shouldn't have touched anything else. Headstomp nerf? lol.

What's changing for Ryu?

Fake fireball and Donkey Kick Wall bounce.

J/K :D

XenoRaven

I've always wondered who the people are that complain about Hazanshu. If I remember correctly, they slowed it down for Super, and now it seems the hitbox is "weakened". I'm not really complaining since as long as it punishes fb's and is an overhead it retains it's original purpose. But really if you play a Chun that just throws it out there you can either FA and punish hard or just crouch all day and mash jab and it will stop it. Some characters might even be able to stop it with a cr short, meaning you can just os throw tech all day and still stop it. Again, I don't really care about it, I'm just wondering where the complaints about it being too good come from.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
XenoRaven said:
I've always wondered who the people are that complain about Hazanshu. If I remember correctly, they slowed it down for Super, and now it seems the hitbox is "weakened". I'm not really complaining since as long as it punishes fb's and is an overhead it retains it's original purpose. But really if you play a Chun that just throws it out there you can either FA and punish hard or just crouch all day and mash jab and it will stop it. Some characters might even be able to stop it with a cr short, meaning you can just os throw tech all day and still stop it. Again, I don't really care about it, I'm just wondering where the complaints about it being too good come from.
Add in lag and ruthless use of lk hazanshu mixups.

hitsugi

Just thought of this, but the distance change shortened for 2 hit spiral arrow could screw Cammy out of FADC combos as well.

Not that they were used all that often, but still. The up side to these changes is that we'll probably get to see Sako playing Ibuki full time

hitsugi

Hitokage said:
There will be no justice in this world if Capcom freaks out over Cammy being strong yet refuses to nerf Rufus.

What do you mean? EX snake strike got that huge nerf in Super.... wait D:

That's a fair comparison though. I kept thinking that Ryu hadn't been changed all that much since vanilla, but Rufus is another prime example. To say that Cammy's pressure up close is so deadly and to completely ignore Rufus up close is kind of strange.

Ryu seemed more nerfed than Rufus with the loss of dp trade ultra, fierce srk becoming two hits. And Rufus gained U2, which at first seemed lame but is pretty useful against projectile characters.

Rufus got more nerfed than Roo he got lower health, lower damage off of EX messiah, lowered damage on EX SS (still good obviously), and lowered damage ultras hurt him more than others because it is a huge part of his game.

And we are talking about maybe the 3rd or 4th or 5th best character in Vanilla depending on whom you ask. This is who you are worried about? It's not like he's some god in Super, quite far from it. He get's fucked sideways by Boxer and Dictator. And Guile. Oh god new Guile rapes Rufus. Still has mad trouble with Rye you.

The only thing they need to town down with Rufus is his new Ultra. It's very good for certain matchups, shit for others, but deals too much damage really. I feel bad for Fuerte players now. Wait no I don't fuck Fuerte.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Spiderjericho said:
Ryu seemed more nerfed than Rufus with the loss of dp trade ultra, fierce srk becoming two hits. And Rufus gained U2, which at first seemed lame but is pretty useful against projectile characters.
i dunno what people's definition of nerf is but i really dont see these 2 examples as Roo getting nerfed. Trade SRK/Ultra felt like an accident Capcom missed or did'nt think was a big deal and ended up being. Removing it did'nt change Roo's gameplan in any significant way. 2 hit hp SRK again, does'nt throw him back to the drawing board.

LakeEarth

simtmb said:
Hopefully we see more online now. Rarely see the gat anymore, heck, I've vs'd only one (yep, one) and I've had quite the number of online matches :lol

I was thinking of using him myself actually, as he's pretty much extinct in my area from what I've seen. :lol
2009 - "I don't play Sagat because he's overpowered, I play him because he fits my playstyle!"
2010 - "See ya!"

Imm0rt4l

I love how most of the nerfs that are complained about most were dumb spammy stuff that in part made SSF4 so defensive. I really hope these same people aren't the same ones crying about the power of downback in the game.

simtmb

~Devil Trigger~ said:
i dunno what people's definition of nerf is but i really dont see these 2 examples as Roo getting nerfed. Trade SRK/Ultra felt like an accident Capcom missed or did'nt think was a big deal and ended up being. Removing it did'nt change Roo's gameplan in any significant way. 2 hit hp SRK again, does'nt throw him back to the drawing board.

Yep. I wouldn't exactly call such things a nerf. Damage nerfs across the board for Super obviously, so the whole "omg 2 hit shoryuken, big nerf" stuff i hear is rather odd. I'm no Ryu player, but isn't he essentially the exact same? The only real difference would be not being able to cancel his fb's recovery frames with his super afaik. He got new combo options as well (like corner tatsu, srk etc).

Till now, the biggest nerf for him seems to be the jumping tatsu :lol

Fdnll.png

Imm0rt4l said:
I love how most of the nerfs that are complained about most were dumb spammy stuff that in part made SSF4 so defensive. I really hope these same people aren't the same ones crying about the power of downback in the game.

Cammy's nerf makes down-back better when playing against her :/

Every single character in the game has an option vs. divekicks, it's cr. or st. jab. Most people just have no idea to fight cammy so capcom's all WTF BBQ BROKEN.

I bet Abel players would be mad if he lost tornado throw

LakeEarth said:
2009 - "I don't play Sagat because he's overpowered, I play him because he fits my playstyle!"
2010 - "See ya!"

People abandoned that ship like it was the titanic. And he's still got to be, what, better than half the cast at worst :lol

~Devil Trigger~

FindMyFarms said:
Cammy's nerf makes down-back better when playing against her :/

Every single character in the game has an option vs. divekicks, it's cr. or st. jab. Most people just have no idea to fight cammy so capcom's all WTF BBQ BROKEN.

I bet Abel players would be mad if he lost tornado throw
except she did'nt LOSE cannon strike. Hell u can still run the same game but now u need meter

hertog

MoxManiac said:
All of Blanka's moves should be punishable on hit since he's such a shitty design.

Why is Blanka a shitty design? I see all this hate against him, and he's such a fun character to play.

~Devil Trigger~ said:
except she did'nt LOSE cannon strike. Hell u can still run the same game but now u need meter

Yes, your char can mix up, BUT ONLY IF THEY HAVE METER. That's NOT having the same game. How stupid would it be if ryu could only zone if he had meter? Or if abel could only TT if he had meter, or if ANY char's basic premise was contingent on meter?

Also non instant dive kicks are damn near worthless, and when they ARE usable it's typicaly off a setup from from an instant dive kick.

hitsugi

~Devil Trigger~ said:

What? The same game but with meter? You should just edit this post because it's actually that bad. Farms nailed it.

Ahhh, a new page; I need not read the bs I was saying last night and can only apologise to all involved.

Farm's is completely right with Cammy, I was upset by Gens nerf in super due to how bad it was however this is even worst. Gen lost his damage output and meter building but still kept a very nice poke into a safe combo, Cammy on the other hand has lost her mix-up game which she needs and as Farm says there are options out of it so it's hardly broken.

~Devil Trigger~

FindMyFarms said:
Yes, your char can mix up, BUT ONLY IF THEY HAVE METER. That's NOT having the same game. How stupid would it be if ryu could only zone if he had meter? Or if abel could only TT if he had meter, or if ANY char's basic premise was contingent on meter?

Also non instant dive kicks are damn near worthless, and when they ARE usable it's typicaly off a setup from from an instant dive kick.
I think many characters need meter to run mix ups, set ups, escapes ...ect, some need 2 meter to even risk something.

look i can totally understand if people not liking it cuz its a change of play style, but i think Cammy still have viable tools. I dunno what the better normals...combo thing means yet but I just dont think its the "death of cam".

~Devil Trigger~ said:
I think many characters need meter to run mix ups, set ups, escapes ...ect, some need 2 meter to even risk something.

look i can totally understand if people not liking it cuz its a change of play style, but i think Cammy still have viable tools. I dunno what the better normals...combo thing means yet but I just dont think its the "death of cam".

There's a huge difference between needing meter to do "extra stuff" and needing meter to play your friggin character.

It's not a change of play style, it's just straight up REMOVING her playstyle. Better normal combing thing means nothing, it's just mumbo jumbo from people that don't know cammy. She can already combo her normals as is. Unless they're giving her a way to combo max range pokes and turn her into balrog then who cares, I'll just go play balrog instead of cammy that isn't cammy.

What farms said essentially covers why removing tkcs or more importantly, mid level dives, would essentially kill a character. Her normals by themselves already combo extremely well - you don't get to top tier without them. But on their own, they aren't good without the threat of a dive kick. So what becomes her gameplan if she can't use the anchoe of her offense? Only other option is to nake her cvs2 style, an insanely fast and strong pixie. Something tells me people would bitch about that too.

But wait, its too good because it takes 25 whiffed tkcs for ONE ex bar, and because nobody has ever jabbed instead of mashing os tech. It even loses to some os tech, not to mention another normal+os tech.

After what happened to Gen, its really important to bitch about this bull. With any other series I'd trust the dev but the decisions in -IV thus far leave me scratching my head.

And then what happens to Rufus as well? He can do the same things

Hitokage said:
Didn't Gen's normals get "easier to combo"?

I'm not sure what they did to him exactly, and that's only because I haven't run into a single Gen player in Super. I think that's a testament to Capcom's stand up job "balancing" Gen more than anything else.

@Killa - Why must Ono feed on our tears T_T

edit - Obviously I'm very outspoken with what they did to Cammy since she's my main, but I'd also like to make it clear that a LOT of stuff they did is just as dumb (ex green hand not knocking down, the bajillion seth nerfs, etc. etc.) Their team is just so clueless. An interesting tidbit, the dev team honestly thought that Balrog U2 was GOOD. Yeah, exactly.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Killa Sasa said:
What farms said essentially covers why removing tkcs or more importantly, mid level dives, would essentially kill a character. Her normals by themselves already combo extremely well - you don't get to top tier without them. But on their own, they aren't good without the threat of a dive kick. So what becomes her gameplan if she can't use the anchoe of her offense? Only other option is to nake her cvs2 style, an insanely fast and strong pixie. Something tells me people would bitch about that too.

But wait, its too good because it takes 25 whiffed tkcs for ONE ex bar, and because nobody has ever jabbed instead of mashing os tech. It even loses to some os tech, not to mention another normal+os tech.

After what happened to Gen, its really important to bitch about this bull. With any other series I'd trust the dev but the decisions in -IV thus far leave me scratching my head.

And then what happens to Rufus as well? He can do the same things

It's not so much making the character weaker, but removing tools without adding more interesting tools to compensate. If they got rid of Cannon Strike crap, they should give cammy her HDR normals/specials- those were fun.

People didn't stop playing Sagat because he was weaker as much as it was he got nerfs without any really interesting buffs.

I can understand why Capcom is being cautious, bland, and conservative. Overnerf a character, you make the char useless, overpower a char and you make many chars useless.

I'd love to see Capcom eliminate Option select and replace plink with a proper input buffer on links- that would do wonders for the game.

Hitokage said:
Didn't Gen's normals get "easier to combo"?

He got more normals that can combo, the timing's difference on mp. > mk, in fact I'd say it was harder. I think the only thing they added was his ability to link mps between his stances which he can cancel into his role attack. However he lost more damaging combos that could be done from further which built a lot more meter. In fact his overall meter gain was utterly neutered and Gen really needed it for escapes, damage and shenanigans.

I think the nerf most comparable to Cammy was the removal of Ex-Oga's invulnerability on start-up. I'm assuming it was taken away because it was seen by most as a get out of jail free card, however it was punishable by most characters if they saw it coming and knew how. Along with them removing it's ability to ambiguously cross-over on a untechable knockdown.

It seemed very much like they attempted to simply make him more accessible to use and easier to defend against, resulting in him losing a lot of what made him unique and rendered him a less viable charter. This choice really wasn't a great one given his lack of strong reversals, poor oki-game, no damage and old-man health.

~Devil Trigger~

Spiderjericho said:
Did you guys see the latest report on the website that isn't supposed to get info:

http://shoryuken.com/content/super-...location-test-how-do-players-feel-day-2-1740/

Looks like the green hand not knocking down is dangerous. Guile's SB does build meter. And Seth is like a whole new character.

i pretty much speculated the same thing he said from the get go

FindMyFarms said:
There's a huge difference between needing meter to do "extra stuff" and needing meter to play your friggin character.

It's not a change of play style, it's just straight up REMOVING her playstyle. Better normal combing thing means nothing, it's just mumbo jumbo from people that don't know cammy. She can already combo her normals as is. Unless they're giving her a way to combo max range pokes and turn her into balrog then who cares, I'll just go play balrog instead of cammy that isn't cammy.

so Cammy is that one dimensional?(serious question). if true i would'nt blame Cap for trying to make her more interesting, whether they succeed or not is a different story. like Arstal said, it all depends on what they do with her other tools.

im on the same boat with Gen, i dont know much of the effect of all the changes in Super cuz i raaaarely fight any Gens. But im incline to support anything that keeps a character from being a one thing guy/gal. U see one Rufus fight u see em all, its not an "OMG Rufus is 2 powerful" thing, its just boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom