• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cHaotix8

Please don't waste two character slots on Poison and R. Mika. I'd honestly rather just have Yun and Yang.

Also, Shibuya Sports land closed down not too long ago but I think I remember hearing that they were opening up somewhere else or something. Check the Japan thread on SRK.

Ledsen

SmokeMaxX said:
Big Box was empty this summer. My roommate and I went. We went like 4-5 days a week for about a month and saw maybe 1 grandmaster there.

Shinjuku Shibuya Sportsland has been closed down. Now it's a pachinko parlor. Yeah, go ahead and cry about it. I know I did. =[

That's so weird. Why did everyone suddenly decide to stop going to Big Box? It's a really good location with tons of machines :/

BitchTits

cHaotix8 said:
Please don't waste two character slots on Poison and R. Mika. I'd honestly rather just have Yun and Yang.
Why not Poison? She would be an entirely new playable character (FF Revenge doesn't really count). She's already part of the series has a great design, and could be an awesome character if they give her lots of personality and a unique fighting style (whips/knives). And damn, she's actually a street fighter!

PhatSaqs

Banned
Just wanted to say I agree 100% with Saty on the Cammy stuff.
Not to mention the better Cammys ive played (like Alioune) barely use regular TKCS for attacking anyway.

Grifter

FindMyFarms said:
Yeah! Remove honda's HHS!! :lol :lol
Concur. Also make EX headbutt bounce him up like Blanka, but at half the distance, and any attempt to auto-correct headbutt delivers a shock to the player.

Grifter

MiniBossBattle said:
any tips on getting it down from your friend? I tried to do it for about 1/2 hour and got it maybe half a dozen times . I don't know if 1 2 then slide 123 or 1 3 2 1 3 is better. suck at both.

Edit: Hazaa! I am a member now! (of course it has to be me posting how terrible I am at this game :lol )
grats! we practiced it as 12323, but i'll ask how he does it now. his hands were locking up so he consulted with a gen player at nec and they agreed that you should just work through the pain. not that i would recommend it.

Brobzoid said:
what Ono says on twitter or anywhere is moot. The dude trolls like a blanka main.

I think that's why he has the blanka figure.

He mains, Ken, though. I couldn't tell you if he's any good or not, because he was pretty drunk when he played on the famitsu stream.

NeoGIF

El Fuerte:

c_m.jpg

Abel:

v_m.jpg

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
_Xenon_ said:
They are supposed to release the game by the end of this year no? If so then I doubt there will be any other new characters at this stage. No idea where Henry Cen pulled that rumor out.

I wouldn't trust Henry Cen.

At EVO he was trying to tell me an arcade version would never happen. I surely lol'd in his face.

hitsugi

Grifter said:
Concur. Also make EX headbutt bounce him up like Blanka, but at half the distance, and any attempt to auto-correct headbutt delivers a shock to the player.

Kidding or not, I like you.

Imm0rt4l

FindMyFarms said:
It's true that they don't want things in when they take it out, unfortunately it's also true that they don't use sound logic or a clear understanding of the games mechanics when making their decisions.
this is the sad truth, it'd be nice if they actually got some pro players as advisors. I remember Seth killian saying their QA team was top notch, and could beast on pro players with ease, I really doubt this. Because it seems they really don't understand some of these characters fundamentals from the inception of the game release. They have to see what everyone does with their characters and then take their toys away, it's stupid and makes me wonder what it is that their QA team is really doing.

n3ss

aka acr0nym
Imm0rt4l said:
this is the sad truth, it'd be nice if they actually got some pro players as advisors. I remember Seth killian saying their QA team was top notch, and could beast on pro players with ease, I really doubt this. Because it seems they really don't understand some of these characters fundamentals from the inception of the game release. They have to see what everyone does with their characters and then take their toys away, it's stupid and makes me wonder what it is that their QA team is really doing.
You sir have no idea what your talking about.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Imm0rt4l said:
IMO, this mindset is a huge slap in the face to the games balance as is and the job the team has done on it to this point. The games state as is says a lot in terms of the team overall understanding what fundamentally they want to accomplish especially considering the depth of the cast. Its pretty damn good but not perfect as is obviously. History shows that fighting games aint easy to balance. The fact that players discover things and exploits that the team hadnt really thought about or intended to be is nothing new. We all wish it wouldnt happen but thats the nature of the beast in software development. Just about every piece of software that exists has had this problem and that extends probably 10 times as much for fighting games.

Now maybe trying to seek perfection is in error but you really cant fault them for continuing to tweak and mold an already pretty balanced game. Only time will tell of course but I applaud the efforts even if I dont agree with everything I see on paper.

Fraeon

I'm hoping for Chun's ultra 2 damage to be buffed.

I mean, hell, most of these changes sound really bizarre so might as well.

Grifter

ken minus mop-hair will easily move him up a couple of tiers. loving the puzzle fighter bandage. along those lines, i'd like to see the puzzle fighter disrobing pose as it is cute as a button!

Satyamdas said:
So to sum up: I apologize if I came off as a dick, I respect your skills and knowledge of the game, and I disagree completely with your views on the Cammy TKCS thing and Capcom's ability as developers. No hard feelings dude, happy street fighting!

On the Capcom dev ability, a few of my friends I play fighting games with are games devs themselves (though not with capcom) and have played prerelease builds of the sf games, talked with the capcom devs, and actually were at one point going to be contracted for certain capcom projects. It's well documented in the industry that while they're not idiots (which I might have come off as saying), they really don't have a top level understanding of the game. Assigning attributes and properties with your code is one thing, understanding the broad implications of those things is different. Like I said, they truly thought Balrog U2 was good.

On balance, no need to apologize man, we just have different views and we used what the forum is made for, discussion!

Imm0rt4l

n3ss said:
You sir have no idea what your talking about.

I have no illusions of knowing how cammy is supposed to be played, because I'm not a cammy player. But you got enough people complaining about it, that it seems to be the case and I'm only echoing their sentiments. We really should just wait for the final product.

In any case Street Fighter aint no democracy. I think everyone should at least acknowledge that much.

+Diggin' the long hair on Ken
+Mysterio-style ELF
+Biker Rufus
+Beach-ready Abel
+Alpha Chun
+Turk'd out Hakan
+Fei Long white suit

Eh:
-Bandana Ryu
-Asscrack on Biker Rufus
-Cat Suit Cammy

n3ss

aka acr0nym
Imm0rt4l said:
I have no illusions of knowing how cammy is supposed to be played, because I'm not a cammy player. But you got enough people complaining about it, that it seems to be the case. We really should just wait for the final product.

In any case Street Fighter aint no democracy. I think everyone should at least acknowledge that much.

Sorry, let me clarify.

Imm0rt4l said:
I remember Seth killian saying their QA team was top notch, and could beast on pro players with ease, I really doubt this. Because it seems they really don't understand some of these characters fundamentals from the inception of the game release.

Anyways, people are going to complain if their character gets changed... I mean, I just switched to Cammy, I don't really see why they felt the need to get rid of it, but I'm sure they have reason. Working at Capcom for the time I did, I know why they make certain decisions behind their balancing... So, we'll see.

Imm0rt4l

n3ss said:
Sorry, let me clarify.

Anyways, people are going to complain if their character gets changed... I mean, I just switched to Cammy, I don't really see why they felt the need to get rid of it, but I'm sure they have reason. Working at Capcom for the time I did, I know why they make certain decisions behind their balancing... So, we'll see.

absolutely

ultim8p00 said:
Hey guys what's going on? Is the game getting rebalanced? I've been out of the loop for a while.
The arcade version of Super Street Fighter IV is currently undergoing location testing and has 2 "new" characters and balance tweaks, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom