• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
cHaotix8 said:
I just wish they would put chain combos in street fighter so we wouldn't have to plinks and doubletaps.
just turn on autofire if it bothers you so much, that's pretty much what you're asking for anyway.

cHaotix8

DarkoMaledictus said:
Just the 3s characters I guess... Then again not all target combos are useful. Most useful I've seen are Ibuki and Guy. There might be others but just the ones that opened the door for more damage out of them!

no, normals should chain like in mvsc 1. imagine the phat combos!

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
God's Beard said:
...cLKxxMK is a target combo. It can be followed by Jet Upper, MGB, or Super. Jet Upper can be followed by another Jet Upper, MGB, cRH, Super or Ultra.

Yep, just seen that, never used it outside of option select to say the truth. Might be good looking into it thanks!

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
God's Beard said:
...cLKxxMK is a target combo. It can be followed by Jet Upper, MGB, or Super. Jet Upper can be followed by another Jet Upper, MGB, cRH, Super or Ultra.

Just tried, the jab timing seems very tight. Seems easier just going cLKxxjet upperxxjet but guess you miss the hit confirm... Looks like a 1 frame link to me anyway.

DarkoMaledictus said:
Just tried, the jab timing seems very tight. Seems easier just going cLKxxjet upperxxjet but guess you miss the hit confirm... Looks like a 1 frame link to me anyway.

Dude, it's a target combo designed as a special hit confirm off a low. It's one of Dudley's easiest combos.

You want a 1-frame link? Try cFP, RH.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
God's Beard said:
Dude, it's a target combo designed as a special hit confirm off a low. It's one of Dudley's easiest combos.

You want a 1-frame link? Try cFP, RH.

Lol, if thats the case I can pull much more difficult stuff but hitting that jab after the target combo is a hit and miss for me. Anyway thanks for the info!

Edit : Just tried for lolz, even with turbo the jab does not connect, was randomly successful with some timing. But its far from being an easy combo... you just did it too many times :)!

Duran

DarkoMaledictus said:

uhh Darko you read it wrong, God's Beard means lp.Jet Upper, not adding a jab after the target combo. And adding a jab would be useless anyways due to damage scaling.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Duran said:
uhh Darko you read it wrong, God's Beard means lp.Jet Upper, not adding a jab after the target combo. And adding a jab would be useless anyways due to damage scaling.

My bad then, was sure he was talking about the jab. Sorry man!

Edit : The jab did combo btw, but I'm sure that is a useless 1 frame combo :)

Edit2 : Works like a charm thanks!

Yeah, it'd be better to stick the cLP after the cLK, so you could go into the RH, but I don't like that combo very much. Too much extra practice for the added benefit. Does have its uses, though. Mostly for fighting Dhalsim and Guile, where you don't want to lose your advantage.

Yoshichan said:
I didn't even know cRHx3 was possible in this game. How strict is it? Is it Necro st.Fierce 6 hit juggle strict?
the trick is to observe the arch of the opponent being launched, I don't count frames in my head, I just look at the arch of the launch and I press it at the button right before the opponent reaches the apex of the launch

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Azrael on SRK made a pretty good post about the loketests last night.

I just wanted to add some final thoughts of mine regarding the SSF4AE loketest this past weekend.

I went to the original SF4 loketests as well. It was interesting to see how the game evolved between then and the final release. For example, Viper got her normals and specias nerfed continuously - at the time, we couldn't understand why Capcom was deliberately making this already weak character even weaker. Of course, even months after the game's release nobody really knew how to play Viper - we didn't know it at the time, but early loketest Viper, played the way she is now, probably would have broken the game. There was all sorts of things that got tweaked changed before the final release - for example, imagine Vega's ultra (Bloody High Claw) with tracking properties, or a Rufus who had recovery on all his specials, and no dive kick.

Even with the tweaks made to Super, when we were just hearing about them we had no idea how things would ultimately play out. I remember Guile players saying that the reported "buffs" wouldn't be enough to save him from bottom-tier hell, but obviously that wasn't the case. The devs addressed this, saying that even if they don't make a whole lot of changes to a character specifically, changes made to the system/other characters may end up benefitting them.

In a lot of ways, I feel that these balance updates happened way too fast. I feel like we never even really truly knew the true tier list for regular SF4. Yeah we can say Sagat and Akuma are top with Vega and Guile at the bottom, but at the same time SF4 was only a year and a half old when everyone made the jump to super. Sometimes it takes years to figure these things out. Look at the final tier lists for games like CvS2, A3, MvC3, and 3S, and they're not quite the same as they were within the game's first year or two of release. People say S4 Makoto and Hakan are bad now, but there's a good possibility that we just haven't figured out these characters, so buffing them now could possibly make them broken later.

Also, people should realize that characters aren't supposed to be "complete". They should have strengths and weaknesses, and part of the game is playing to your character's strengths while covering their weaknesses. The character type for Ryu is one of "Jack of all trades, master of none." He has tools for every situation, but shouldn't excel at any of them. If a character does something better than Ryu, then they should also be worse at a different aspect - for example, if Sagat's fireball zoning game is better than Ryu's, then Sagat should be a lot worse at in-close fighting. This is what makes the game interesting.

So maybe your character got something nerfed. At this point, who knows what they got in return, or if a change to other characters/the system warranted it. In the long run, it takes a lot of playing the game to figure out where things fall.

tl;dr - WAY too early for crying.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
gutter_trash said:
the trick is to observe the arch of the opponent being launched, I don't count frames in my head, I just look at the arch of the launch and I press it at the button right before the opponent reaches the apex of the launch

The third one the player is lifted in the air extremely low, its very hard and I think its characters specific also.

hitsugi

DarkoMaledictus said:
They are doing this for the masses, the portion of apt players being able to do one framers is extremely small percentage of people! Heck even my Dudley can't perform all the combos, much less the 1 framers.

Competition people... yeah but that's like almost no one compared to the market playing!

Her links (c.hp, sweep and s.mp, c.hp for 1 frame? If any) arent that difficult to do; people are lazy. The "masses" also include people that enjoyed spamming TKCS for no reason and that went. If you can't do her links, and don't want to put in a little time to learn, then there are alternatives. It doesn't need to be made easier..

Good edit. I was gonna say, this took me some practice:

2mxq12.gif

edit: I miss my xbox, I need to improve this combo :-(

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
hitsugi said:
Her links (c.hp, sweep and s.mp, c.hp for 1 frame? If any) arent that difficult to do; people are lazy. The "masses" also include people that enjoyed spamming TKCS for no reason and that went. If you can't do her links, and don't want to put in a little time to learn, then there are alternatives. It doesn't need to be made easier..

Its still far from easy and requires a lot of time in the training room. Not everyone has the same dexterity, to some its easy, but really to be fair, to the vast majority its not viable.

Then again, that's not the main problem. Brain dead reversals and internet lag make these 1 framers a local only thing, unless u were born with freakish alien execution...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
God's Beard said:

2mxq12.gif

Nice, what's the scaling on that?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, played a local SRK dude. 15-20 rounds. Got my ass beaten hard by his Bison and Guile.

Playing Cody and a little Ryu. Ryu was a poor idea, as my execution issues with Cody were magnified with Ryu (who should be easy to use. ARGH).

That said, he points out I'm offensive minded with Cody, and I agree. My issue is defense (OH HI RAZOR-KUN AND YOU POINTING THIS OUT NUMEROUS TIMES), and execution. That, and pulling random Ultras/Last Dread Dust on trying to bait a normal poke into eating big damage so he stays away from me.

Oh, and trying to grab and completely failing. In addition to completely failing at getting consistent Bingo punches.

... I hate the DS3 pad. It's so flipping tiny in comparison to holding the 360/Type-S X-box pad. I kinda wish it was slightly bigger so my hands weren't flipping all over the place on it and could be slightly better at my executions. *sigh*

That said, it was nice to play a "local" dude, even if it's online. Not sure if I'll be going to the weekend meetups as it's a small community around here + UF kids and my disability makes me shy, esp around college-age kids. :/ Now, if the BB:CS game was represented...

He said he's going to put the matches up on Youtube. OH NOES MY SHITTY PLAYING FOR ALL THE WORLD TO SEE! </wrists>

cHaotix8

DarkoMaledictus said:
The third one the player is lifted in the air extremely low, its very hard and I think its characters specific also.

I wait until I see that Dudley has recovered then I plink the last cr. RH. Works like a charm. Two cr. RH's off of ex mgb is character specific though.

Pandaman said:
just turn on autofire if it bothers you so much, that's pretty much what you're asking for anyway.

You're right. Let's go to the other extreme, and make everything a one-link. Everything. That way, you'll TRULY earn your victories.

Surely there's no middle ground, like BBs 5-frame system. Unpossible.

hitsugi

God's Beard said:

2mxq12.gif

When I saw you mention Dudley I was reminded of a few days I spent with him thinking WTF his timing is kind of strange.. On everything even like the toward mk, c.lp is so fast / not what you expect

UGHH I need my xbox, there's so much stuff I need to test to update my Dudley FAQ :-(

Yoshichan said:
Nice, what's the scaling on that?

Very good, it's designed to be pretty concise. 559 dmg, 705 stun, but it could be better. It's possible to add another cRH, or do Ducking Straight, MGB instead of the cRHs, which would put it just around 600 damage. Pretty solid for 1 EX stock.

DarkoMaledictus said:
I don't use j.HP that much, in what situations would you rather use it than j.HK?

It does more damage and leaves you closer to the ground, so it's easier to combo with. jRH does more stun, so I guess it depends on how close you are to KO or dizzy.

hitsugi said:
When I saw you mention Dudley I was reminded of a few days I spent with him thinking WTF his timing is kind of strange.. On everything even like the toward mp, c.lp is so fast / not what you expect

Yeah, it takes a lot of playing around to get used to it.

chriskun

Lost Fragment said:
Oh God I love the st.fp xx strong oroshi counterhit combo after st.fp xx fierce hayate so much. Mash jab after hayate more pls.
you can do that?? needs to try that shit out. I let my friend borrow SSF4 for like 3 weeks, and now after I've gotten it back im falling in love with makoto again. Im really having trouble with the Hayate feints though, I need to use it more.

Dartastic

Lost Fragment said:
Oh God I love the st.fp xx strong oroshi counterhit combo after st.fp xx fierce hayate so much. Mash jab after hayate more pls.
Wait whattttttttttttt! Can you only do it after fierce hayate?

Gyrian

Lost Fragment said:

I'm missing your Makoto Adventures videos, Fragment.

Dartastic

chriskun said:
you can do that?? needs to try that shit out. I let my friend borrow SSF4 for like 3 weeks, and now after I've gotten it back im falling in love with makoto again. Im really having trouble with the Hayate feints though, I need to use it more.
Speaking of Makoto, I'm so close to b with her! Like 200 more BP!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
DR2K said:
When is it summer in japan?

When it's not fall, winter or spring.

Last call or second to last for 360 random tournament.

Registration thread has been up for some time.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=405444

Tournament to start in next two to three weeks. And then three weeks later, I'll have to hear someone crying about some statue. :lol

These alts, while not really horrible are wack. I'm really looking forward to a PC version just so I can start making alts myself. The ideas. :D

Kim Kapwan Ken.

aw8c2d.jpg

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
chriskun said:

Yep.

You can also fadc the oroshi into st.mp x2 xx mp hayate. Pretty much every character in the game gets stunned after that.

Gyrian

Nice! I thought she needed her boots to generate flames / super jump, though. Odd to omit them.
Yes, somehow, it's the shoes I keep commenting on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom