• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gyrian

-DarKaoZ- said:
C.Viper with a skirt? Weird, reminds to the teacher in Project Justice. :lol

It's more than a passing resemblance, really.

230px-RivalSchoolsKyoko.png

God's Beard said:
Good edit. I was gonna say, this took me some practice:

2mxq12.gif

I just tried this out. The round house is pretty difficult to time (I don't plink or whatever). I noticed it gets even more difficult when you throw in the jumping roundhouse.

Also, mid screen after sweep, what are some combo options.

Lost Fragment said:
Yep.

You can also fadc the oroshi into st.mp x2 xx mp hayate. Pretty much every character in the game gets stunned after that.

So basically, do fierce xx hayate then they try something afterward and are hit with a fierce counter hit and the above combo?

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Spiderjericho said:
I just tried this out. The round house is pretty difficult to time (I don't plink or whatever). I noticed it gets even more difficult when you throw in the jumping roundhouse.

If I have super I will do J.RHXXs.RHXXDuck upper cancel into super. Does a whole lot of damage.

Mid screen from what I've seen, after ex mgb do a jab ducking straight canceled into a fierce jet upper. You can follow with super if available (cancel).

Myself I dont have the timing on the ducking straight, so just go for a mid ducking uppper cancelled into super.

entremet

Ibuki's alt's are weird because her win poses are designed after her ninja garb. It's weird when she tries to pull down her non existent mask with her first alt. Plus, shooting kunai with her school girl uniform just looks weird. I would have preferred another ninja outfit, like a variation of Geki, going back old school.

I really want to try out this Dudley combo:

cLKxxMKxxjab Jet Upper FADC cRH, Ducking Upper FADC Ducking Straight, jab MGB, Ultra 2

Spiderjericho said:

Depending on how much meter you have:

• cRH, Ducking Straight, jab MGB
  • cRH, Ducking Upper FADC Ultra 2
  • cRH, Ducking Upper FADC Ducking Upper FADC Ducking Straight, jab MGB, Ultra 2(puts them in the corner)

to get a fighting stick and ssf4 for 360 its like 80 or 90 bucks which is 30 to 40 bucks cheaper than gettin my ps3 fixed, so it looks like the route to go

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Digging Viper's new alt. I can see myself actually using that one. Not a fan of either of her alts atm.

Spiderjericho said:
So basically, do fierce xx hayate then they try something afterward and are hit with a fierce counter hit and the above combo?

Yup.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
God's Beard said:
I really want to try out this Dudley combo:

cLKxxMKxxjab Jet Upper FADC cRH, Ducking Upper FADC Ducking Straight, jab MGB, Ultra 2

Depending on how much meter you have:

• cRH, Ducking Straight, jab MGB
  • cRH, Ducking Upper FADC Ultra 2
  • cRH, Ducking Upper FADC Ducking Upper FADC Ducking Straight, jab MGB, Ultra 2(puts them in the corner)

Problem is damage scaling, I never find it worth it using too much fadc as the extra damage gained is extremely low. I try to reserve my super or ultra where it counts like a jab jet upper into ultra or super

DarkoMaledictus said:
Problem is damage scaling, I never find it worth it using too much fadc as the extra damage gained is extremely low. I try to reserve my super or ultra where it counts like a jab jet upper into ultra or super

I never use the DU FADC Ultra 2, but the double FADC has its uses. Cornering a character can be more important than immediate damage, considering Dudley's dominance on wakeup. Duds can do a couple hundred damage no problem without meter and leave himself in a good position.

Sometimes, it's more useful to not let go of your opponent, so I might do f+RH, RH xx Ducking Upper FADC, just to have a solid reset against a bad matchup. Or even f+FP FADC if I'm feeling ballsy, but not often.

All my damage combos are extremely concise, which is why I never use extra hit confirms. I don't put much faith in "psychological damage" combos, putting consistent pressure on your opponent will do that without wasting your damage potential. I do do jab jet upper into super a lot, but to be honest, unless I'm close to killing my opponent or fighting certain characters, I'd rather conserve the meter for EX MGBs, EX Jet Uppers and the occasional FADC.

Dudley's Super is one of the best supers in the game and does insane damage off of most anything, but everything else Dudley uses meter for is godlike as well.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
God's Beard said:
I never use the DU FADC Ultra 2, but the double FADC has its uses. Cornering a character can be more important than immediate damage, considering Dudley's dominance on wakeup. Duds can do a couple hundred damage no problem without meter and leave himself in a good position.

Sometimes, it's more useful to not let go of your opponent, so I might do f+RH, RH xx Ducking Upper FADC, just to have a solid reset against a bad matchup. Or even f+FP FADC if I'm feeling ballsy, but not often.

All my damage combos are extremely concise, which is why I never use extra hit confirms. I don't put much faith in "psychological damage" combos, putting consistent pressure on your opponent will do that without wasting your damage potential. I do do jab jet upper into super a lot, but to be honest, unless I'm close to killing my opponent or fighting certain characters, I'd rather conserve the meter for EX MGBs, EX Jet Uppers and the occasional FADC.

Dudley's Super is one of the best supers in the game and does insane damage off of most anything, but everything else Dudley uses meter for is godlike as well.

True sim matchups or even some good guiles we do need all the consistent pressure we can get! Still do horrible against good sims!

What happened Capcom, this is the one you should have chosen.

RoseAlt.jpg

I think Rose' 2nd alt looks better although everthing here looks good, they just ruined it with the front.

rose-onotweets-alt-001.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I find that Viper disgusting.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wallach said:
She'd be better off if someone hadn't chopped off her right hand.
:lol

zlatko

Banned
Lost Fragment said:

Oh wow haha! I've honestly never played Killer Instinct other than when I was very young on the SNES at a buddys house like once. I just thought this guy was a goofy drawing of Balrog. I feel dumb. :lol

On a SF related note I actually had a great day playing today. 0 matches that got me even a bit upset.(Probably because I won most) One of my losses was to a Makoto who was really on point.

Wish everyday of SF could be as awesome as today was when playing online. :(

GrayFoxPL

Hi guys.
I'm getting back to ssf4. Well to be honest I got it on launch and played maybe 2 weeks max and left it. I just didn't feel like playing street fighter at the time.
Well now I do. Wow, I almost forgot how great the presentation is in this. Awesome music, too.

Playing Sagat for the first time since forever. I love where he is now, please don't buff him Ono. I just can't bring myself to play anything other then low to mid tier. It just feels so wrong when you do amazing damage with little effort and know very well your opponent must work much harder.

Fooling around with Ibuki too. So much fun. I forgot how good this game is in bringing a smile to my face.

Gyrian

_dementia said:
Overall I'm finding these Alta underwhlming.

Same. They have some really great concepts already finished, but instead they've gone around digging anything else we've seen these characters in previously, be it a 1 second win pose, or an ending vignette.

I wouldn't be surprised if we can 'guess' a couple of the yet unrevealed costumes in this pack.

bFvTs.gif

It causes me profound sadness, but I'm thinking Guy isn't going to get the Strider outfit.

EDIT: Ono, don't you dare use this for Dudley, you magnificent troll.

a69tq.png

EDIT2: From Capcom's Secret File #10.

WR1aY.jpg
0Y387.jpg

So there's another Dudley likely candidate.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Personally, I like Ken's new alt a lot. I always wanted something close to "street clothes" for Ken or Ryu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom