• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ploid 3.0

Pandaman said:
we had 14 people for a bit there. we still have 10. :p

just won a tourney with hak.
and pulled sak to beat ploid.

I was just thinking about that. Figured you knew I kinda knew a bit of your hakan game. I should just work on ruf for now.

imtehman

Banned
AZ Greg said:
Gonna start up an XBL lobby if anyone wants in!

Just can't stay up until 4 am like the last couple of nights. :lol

count me in, after yesterday i just don't like ibuki against shotos so i'ma work on another character, not sure which one yet lol

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Ploid 3.0 said:
I was just thinking about that. Figured you knew I kinda knew a bit of your hakan game. I should just work on ruf for now.
yea and your ruf isnt like Qistoptier's, so i figured i wouldnt play who can learn the match faster and just go all out.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
GG God's Beard, your Dud's coming along nicely. Once you get those combos down, you can punish Sim for massive damage. There aren't many chances to get in, so you need to take advantage of every chance you get.

Renta & any other 'Sim practitioners:

What are some things you do to deal with Akuma? I'm getting steamrolled by one right now. I'm able to draw the matches out to the closing seconds, but always lose because it's harder to zone him like the other shotos. Shit is giving me a headache.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Someone has to make a T.Hawk flowchart. I swear every single one I've faced so far plays exactly the same way.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
A treat for all the Kayo Police fanboys! (like me) Not sure if this had been posted yet, but it got lost in the EVO hype. If you don't know her, KayoPolice is a model who has a pretty nice CViper. She was on a live NicoNico stream last week taking challenges from viewers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbIcP5Rm96c - No matches here but she does some cosplay moves and there's vegetable eating

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wZX142rDhw - on pad, she couldn't play well
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYMYPOSF55k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qdwineyqgy4 - links, a look at her hands
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AJb4xgZz9o

SUPARSTARX

Man, I thought I was doing decent on stick with Bison. Her hands are so fast... it would take me so much practice to even try to use C.Viper lol

SnowWolf said:
A treat for all the Kayo Police fanboys! (like me) Not sure if this had been posted yet, but it got lost in the EVO hype. If you don't know her, KayoPolice is a model who has a pretty nice CViper. She was on a live NicoNico stream last week taking challenges from viewers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbIcP5Rm96c - No matches here but she does some cosplay moves and there's vegetable eating

Let me guess, all that vegetable eating distracted you from how free she was, right? I mean, I can't blame you. An ugly girl doing a Suzumiya cosplay while mashing on her pad/stick and dropping links, thats so hot it distracted you from both her own terrible play as well as that of her opponents. Just watch the video of Ryu bodying her free, it's ok. I'll wait.

I'm not even trying to be antagonistic, she is just really bad.

Imm0rt4l

I've played a really good t-hawk once, he was actually a gief main, belgium killa or something like that, dude was really good.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Onion_Relish said:
Let me guess, all that vegetable eating distracted you from how free she was, right? I mean, I can't blame you. An ugly girl doing a Suzumiya cosplay while mashing on her pad/stick and dropping links, thats so hot it distracted you from both her own terrible play as well as that of her opponents. Just watch the video of Ryu bodying her free, it's ok. I'll wait.

Ryu match, she used pad. She plays better with stick.

Onion_Relish said:

You think she's ugly??

lol wut

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
GGs tonight AZ Greg, DBJ and others. I got the shit kicked out of me but at least I won a round against your Vega :p.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
the_log_ride said:
Renta & any other 'Sim practitioners:

What are some things you do to deal with Akuma? I'm getting steamrolled by one right now. I'm able to draw the matches out to the closing seconds, but always lose because it's harder to zone him like the other shotos. Shit is giving me a headache.

Uhh let's see...

You can punish air fbs with rh slide as akuma lands. Be mindful of spacing. On knockdown, preferably untechable KD, you can try meaty yoga flame for a frame trap. Fierce flame is +1 on block. It'll stuff wakeup srks and if you are just out of range, ex srks will whiff. Wakeup demons lose to meaty flame too. Demon will win if u flame too close tho.

If demon flips are predictable, ex yoga blast to intercept, or b.mp

Also intercept demon flips with jumping strong.

Yoga catastrophe on akuma's wakeup and teleport back to catch him if he TPs back to escape.

If akuma air fbs at point blank range, shoot a catastrophe in his face.

At the beginning of the round try to mk slide, if akuma jumps back fireballs, do a rhslide to punish.

Eating dinner right now, and posting on phone, so I think I'll stop there

x0pnk0.gif

I'm so free today. :(

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
RB and Gamerbee return to Taiwan, greeted at the airport with a hero's welcome. A group from their scene drives all the way to the airport (an hour away from Taipei) and welcomes them home. Seriously, how awesome is their community?

I go to Taiwan every 2-3 years and I definitely hope to game with them at some point. I've already made a couple contacts in their community.

4PbdE.jpg

luYWr.jpg

GjfGm.jpg

UzFGj.jpg

AZ Greg

GGs earlier guys.

Can someone link me to the monitors they use at EVO? IIRC, someone posted a link to them in the vanilla thread but my computer issues popped up before I could get around to checking it out. In the market for a new monitor and I figured the monitor they use must be good, at least in terms of gaming.

Also, gonna be on for about another hour and a half if anyone wants me to make another XBL lobby.

Axis

AZ Greg said:
GGs earlier guys.

Can someone link me to the monitors they use at EVO? IIRC, someone posted a link to them in the vanilla thread but my computer issues popped up before I could get around to checking it out. In the market for a new monitor and I figured the monitor they use must be good, at least in terms of gaming.

Also, gonna be on for about another hour and a half if anyone wants me to make another XBL lobby.

asus VH242H monitor :)

this years is this one, i think: http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...etail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=320-8218

jlai

AZ Greg said:
GGs earlier guys.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236059

That's the one they used last year I think. This year they I believe they were sponsored by Alienware so they used their monitors.. wasn't there though so someone else will have to confirm.

Don't know the model, but yeah it was an Alienware Monitor.

I wish they'd announce the official monitor ahead of time before the event. We actually bought last years Asus model so that we could practice on the evo monitor, but come game time it wasn't the same thing and the lag was a bit different.

AZ Greg

Thanks guys!

Can anyone confirm which of the ones jlai and Axis posted was the model used last year? I'm assuming it was the one jlai posted since that one has a 2ms response time and the other has a 5ms response time.

Axis

AZ Greg said:
Thanks guys!

Can anyone confirm which of the ones jlai and Axis posted was the model used last year? I'm assuming it was the one jlai posted since that one has a 2ms response time and the other has a 5ms response time.

could be his idk, anything under 11ms is fine, tho...unless you're ultra-sensitive to it

SePhoBroth

Neo Member
AZ Greg said:
Thanks guys!

It's the one jlai posted. Also response time has nothing to do with input lag.

Also can somebody invite me to PSN gaf-chat? PSN; sephobroth thanks

TaKeRx

It's the one jlai posted. I have it and it's pretty awesome. I didn't know that they changed it to alienwares though :\

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
SePhoBroth said:
It's the one jlai posted. Also response time has nothing to do with input lag.

Also can somebody invite me to PSN gaf-chat? PSN; sephobroth thanks

Just added you in my friends list, i ll invite to gaf chat! l8r mate!

Edit : just add me and ill add u to the chat when I get back.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Going to be playing the game throughout the day during work. :D

Last night was really entertaining. Spooky with the real talk.

I'm happy to see the FGC doing well in other countries. We just need to see more of South America and many other places. I know Thailand has a lot of SF fans.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
DarkoMaledictus said:
Great games late night gaf! Always nice to see everyone! Panda you don't join us anymore at the super late night psn gaf ?
not during heatwaves.
my room is somewhat removed from the floors airconditioner, with the door closed to keep the cat from chewing on wires my room gets hot fast with ps3/tv on. ;_;

its sad because i can tell that im getting worse every night i play a short session. ;_;

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Pandaman said:
not during heatwaves.
my room is somewhat removed from the floors airconditioner, with the door closed to keep the cat from chewing on wires my room gets hot fast with ps3/tv on. ;_;

its sad because i can tell that im getting worse every night i play a short session. ;_;

Looking forward for see you comeback man! Heatwave wont last forever! Take it easy!

I posted on SRK but wanted some opinions here too.

Anyone have any tips for chun vs adon and gouken?

I can't figure out the optimal spacing for these characters for the life of me. My friend is always destroying me with them. It's the rushdown that always brings my game to a dead stop and I can't figure out good punishing opportunities. Every move they have seems so safe after block!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom