• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zon

Could anyone invite me to the psn gafchat everyone is in? I'm invited to two already but they're both dead.

Axis

SonOfABeep said:
I posted on SRK but wanted some opinions here too.

Anyone have any tips for chun vs adon and gouken?

I can't figure out the optimal spacing for these characters for the life of me. My friend is always destroying me with them. It's the rushdown that always brings my game to a dead stop and I can't figure out good punishing opportunities. Every move they have seems so safe after block!

in general for adon i try to bait out dp and stay just within s.mp range...make good use of anti-air s.mk and s.hp if he tries to jump in(or s.rh...whatever fits the situation and his jump angle)

gouken...i never really had a problem with them but i haven't played too many. i bait parries with empty jumps and go from there. i tend to try to stay within sweep range however and if you plan on fighting him up close make sure you remember to tech...a lot. if he jumps...air throw him. don't fireball war him..he'll win...so take him off of his game =P

i might be wrong but his DP is unsafe on block so you should be able to go into your bnb from it

ExMachina said:
According to Cicada, it's a Dell AlienWare OptX AW2210 21.5".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1u-X4qiTic

Sucks that they couldn't let the community know before hand... but i guess EVO secured AlienWare's sponsorship late-ish.

I heard Daigo and Tokido commented that the monitors had noticeable lag (3 frames)

Damn, Taiwan givine Gamerbee and RB some luv. So awesome! They deserve it!

edit- and also Kayo Police <3 <3

Gyrian

Cromulent_Word said:
HAHAHA. yup, I play the supers. so do many other devs :)

Didn't realize that was you, Cromulent. :]

Good games last night. These 8p tourneys are getting to be great.
I like Ploid's suggestion, we should pre-arrange a flash mini tourney. Weekend's coming in, what better time?
Shame I've already given out my copy of Fighting Street for the Duo, that could've made a neat prize. :s

SnowWolf said:
RB and Gamerbee return to Taiwan, greeted at the airport with a hero's welcome. A group from their scene drives all the way to the airport (an hour away from Taipei) and welcomes them home. Seriously, how awesome is their community?

11b19nd.jpg

What a nice surprise to come back to.
They both left a really good impression on me; definitely looking forward to their fights in the future.

micrometaru.gif

Rentahamster said:
GG God's Beard, your Dud's coming along nicely. Once you get those combos down, you can punish Sim for massive damage. There aren't many chances to get in, so you need to take advantage of every chance you get.

It's very hard to train Dhalsim to do what I want with Dudley because of the spacing disparity. My best bet is really looking for bait and jumping into it with a normal shield. There was a lot of damage that I got because of stupid baiting gimmicks that won't work when people get more familiar with Dudley's moves. Especially the recovery on his light uppercut. I have a feeling the normal shield won't work on people once they download Dudley as well, but I don't want to just give away the weakness, either :lol

Right now my biggest needs are to work on my reactions with the focus attacks, and to really get down my light MGB pressure system and hit confirms. I know all the combos I need thanks to raising my Dudley in training, but I don't react to the opportunities fast enough :-(

Also, focusing Yoga sniper and getting the hit is way harder than I thought. Dudley's focus hitbox will probably only make contact on the rising sniper and after an instant teleport.

fubarduck

BotoxAgent said:
I heard Daigo and Tokido commented that the monitors had noticeable lag (3 frames)

The only set-up that had lag was the streaming setup in the front because they were using an unpowered HDMI splitter. The monitors themselves were perfect; all the matches I played on the monitors in pools were flawless.

54-46!

The game finally arrived in the mail, got one of those ugly ass preorder t-shirts too for some reason :lol I'm guessing there was no Makoto variant? :(

fubarduck said:
The only set-up that had lag was the streaming setup in the front because they were using an unpowered HDMI splitter. The monitors themselves were perfect; all the matches I played on the monitors in pools were flawless.

oh ok, probably false rumor then, sorry :)

mannerbot

Ploid 3.0 said:
That's a pretty awesome video. Makes me want a blu ray behind the scene's or documentary of evo. Like the King of Kong but just based on the 3 days of evo. Maybe have backstories of key players (Daigo, Justin, etc.) following them around as they get ready for evo and as they go through evo, with more video of the new to old players as they are participating in evo. Would be nice but I know it's way too much to do. If only I had a couple of million to burn.

http://igotnextmovie.com/
http://kingofchinatown.com/

Not quite what you're asking for but close enough?

Shouta

It's really nice getting into games with high BP players, really helps to get a feel for the pacing and spotting the holes in offenses. In an endless battle session with two really good JP players, one main-ing Akuma and the other Cody. Just trying to keep up is helping my Dudley alot. :lol

knee

Good games on psn last night! DeeJay got to put in some work before my roommate pulled me away from the tournament. :-(

Imm0rt4l

zon said:
Could anyone invite me to the psn gafchat everyone is in? I'm invited to two already but they're both dead.
send me a friend invite saying gafchat, and I can invite you to gafchat. GODHAND04

Leunam

lolBP chapter the second

Some B ranked Ryu came into my lobby yesterday. Ultra II, didn't know how to tick throw, and seemingly mapped all his buttons to HP or HK. I hate to belittle other players because I'm not very good myself, but this guy played like ass. :/

Imm0rt4l

Leunam said:
lolBP chapter the second

Some B ranked Ryu came into my lobby yesterday. Ultra II, didn't know how to tick throw, and seemingly mapped all his buttons to HP or HK. I hate to belittle other players because I'm not very good myself, but this guy played like ass. :/
anytime I see a ryu use ultra 2 I assume he's ass, haven't played one yet.

Imm0rt4l

Onion_Relish said:
Let me guess, all that vegetable eating distracted you from how free she was, right? I mean, I can't blame you. An ugly girl doing a Suzumiya cosplay while mashing on her pad/stick and dropping links, thats so hot it distracted you from both her own terrible play as well as that of her opponents. Just watch the video of Ryu bodying her free, it's ok. I'll wait.

I'm not even trying to be antagonistic, she is just really bad.
had to go a page back for this. Bullshit. Pass some of that blazgreen

Imm0rt4l

SonOfABeep said:

I can't figure out the optimal spacing for these characters for the life of me. My friend is always destroying me with them. It's the rushdown that always brings my game to a dead stop and I can't figure out good punishing opportunities. Every move they have seems so safe after block!
for gouken you can watch raunwynn vs shizza's f10 on youtube. it's from vanilla, all of it still holds, it has gouken commentary but you can learn from watching.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I started playing honda 2 days ago. Think he is going to be my main. I beat a 9000 bp ryu endless yesterday and then i moved over to ranked and was doing pretty well for a while... My problem was stopping ken jump-ins. Honda does not have a great on the ground anti air.

Still need to work on my game, but I really like honda as a character. My execution is not great and I think this is ok with honda because he is not very execution heavy. Also I suck at footsies but hondas limited but powerful footsie came is easy for me to grasp.

I am trying to take this game more seriously I had real bad fighting game habits
1. Sometimes I piano when I really don't need to. Picked this up in hd remix.
2. Pushing buttons. For some reason I subconsciously push buttons when I am blocking. This is horrible

fubarduck

@nycfurby I left Empire Arcadia yesterday. Best of luck to the players still in the company. Triforce talking about taking legal action against me. about 1 hour ago via web

Empire officially over??

Imm0rt4l

ShinAmano said:
Out of curiosity why?
it's totally inferior to his U1. Picking it regularly is like telling me you don't know how to FADC Ultra which isn't difficult. Fadc'ing u2 is pointless and does less damage than if you were to guess right and land a naked metsu shoryuken, which can be done on some jump ins and I guess punishing BIG mistakes.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
fubarduck said:
@nycfurby I left Empire Arcadia yesterday. Best of luck to the players still in the company. Triforce talking about taking legal action against me. about 1 hour ago via web

Empire officially over??
legal action? over what? :eek:

ShinAmano

Imm0rt4l said:
it's totally inferior to his U1. Picking it regularly is like telling me you don't know how to FADC Ultra which isn't difficult. Fadc'ing u2 is pointless and does less damage than if you were to guess right and land a naked metsu shoryuken, which can be done on some jump ins and I guess punishing BIG mistakes.
What I figured...'don't know how to FADC Ultra'...I am not great at it...but i go random anyhow so I play with what I get.

LakeEarth

MThanded said:
Honda does not have a great on the ground anti air.
EX headbutt is one of the best anti-airs in the game. Jab headbutt is pretty good too, and can be anti-air comboed into super.

ShinAmano said:
Out of curiosity why?
Ryu's U2 is basically a slightly better Ken U1. Ryu's U1 is a horrible when used as a "random" ultra, so I think his U2 was designed specifically to appeal to the shitty player demographic.

Axis

LakeEarth said:
EX headbutt is one of the best anti-airs in the game. Jab headbutt is pretty good too, and can be anti-air comboed into super.

this.

also, triforce doesn't need to go at art like that =/

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
LakeEarth said:

Ryu's U2 is basically a slightly better Ken U1. Ryu's U1 is a horrible "random" ultra, so I think his U2 was designed to be used like this for the really shitty players.
guess i meant to say anti air normal.

EX headbutt is good stuff

Rentahamster said:
Uhh let's see...

You can punish air fbs with rh slide as akuma lands. Be mindful of spacing. On knockdown, preferably untechable KD, you can try meaty yoga flame for a frame trap. Fierce flame is +1 on block. It'll stuff wakeup srks and if you are just out of range, ex srks will whiff. Wakeup demons lose to meaty flame too. Demon will win if u flame too close tho.

If demon flips are predictable, ex yoga blast to intercept, or b.mp

Also intercept demon flips with jumping strong.

Yoga catastrophe on akuma's wakeup and teleport back to catch him if he TPs back to escape.

If akuma air fbs at point blank range, shoot a catastrophe in his face.

At the beginning of the round try to mk slide, if akuma jumps back fireballs, do a rhslide to punish.

Eating dinner right now, and posting on phone, so I think I'll stop there

I think it was a case of this guy just having me downloaded. It was so frustrating. He did a good job of mixing up his block strings into tick throws. He was throwing out cr.MP to keep me honest with my long range pokes. On top of that, he was very patient, and didn't close the distance unless it was totally free and clear for him to do so.

I'll have to work on my demon flip punishes and meaty flames. What is a good follow up after the meaty flame? B+LK/MK shenanigans?

Thanks for the tips, Renta. I'm gonna spend some time working on the matchups that I'm struggling with:

Akuma
Abel
Boxer
Claw
Rose
Rufus
Seth

TO THE LAB!

XenoRaven

SonOfABeep said:

I'm not experienced with the match up, so it'll probably be better for you to talk to someone who knows, but I will give you some of my best guesses and some tactics I use when I don't know a match up.

Adon's got a good st. HK. Quick, reaches pretty far, and hits twice so you can't really focus it (maybe at his toe you can?). But, I think Chun's st. MP and HP still reach further, and her st. HK definitely does, although you know the hitbox on that thing is a little crazy. So that's Adon problem number 1. If he tries to abuse that st. HK, do your best to understand how far it hits, or just keep him out with your superior pokes. The next two Adon problems come from watching Gamerbee. I don't know if your friends uses the same moves, but I'm going to tell you how I would try to deal with them. One, Gamerbee's Adon crosses up a LOT. Looks like a j. MK to me. Seems like Adon drops really fast and if you're not used to fighting him you can get nailed. Make sure you're blocking the right way if he tries it. If you're getting beat up by it and need to reset, don't be afraid to EX SBK, just be judicious about it. You should be able to tell if he's trying to safe jump on that cross up or not, judging by how high in the air he throws out the j. MK. Now, for the last Adon problem. Jaguar Kick. Chun struggles with variable jump ins. But in this case, I think she has some tools to deal with them. First of all, whenever I don't know if a move is unsafe or not, I just try to throw out some cr. LPs or LKs after blocking. Chun's got a 3 frame jab, so she has more chances to punish unsafe specials. If that doesn't work, then you're going to have to start fooling around with anti-airs to see what works. For standing Jaguar Kicks, I would try st. MP or HP, or maybe even cr. MP, since it does some weird hitbox stuff. For air Jaguar Kicks, I would try st. HP, HK, or cr. MP again. If I remember right, Gamerbee faced either a Honda or Rufus player who figured out how to just stuff those air Jaguar Kicks outright. So Chun should be able to as well. The only other notes I can give are that Jaguar Tooth is unsafe, so if he does it and you block, get ready to punish, and Jaguar Revolver goes over fireballs so don't get caught like I did the other night in ranked. =(

Give some of that stuff a try and see if it works. I'm just going by general Chun strategies that work against other characters with similar moves. I should also note that I never actually follow these strategies myself and just let people jump in on me for free, but that's another story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom