• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
the_log_ride said:
Didn't know that was possible, either...

how about cr.MP x3, cr.MK xx HP Hado?
That fireball will definitely not combo.

MrMephistoX

stabicron7 said:
Hmm well out of the alts so far Balrog, Ibuki and maybe Makoto's are pretty good. Not really digging Bison as Char though, even though I did like the original Gundam series.....

I like them all...the only one I'm voting absolutely terrible is Cammy's. Sagat does look as if he's wearing a bad hairpiece though but that's part of the charm.

QisTopTier said:
Hmm I oddly enough feel like playing for a little bit... what character should I pick up :lol

You say Makoto I say Makato.

the_log_ride said:
Didn't know that was possible, either...

how about cr.MP x3, cr.MK xx HP Hado?

Oh shit, it actually works :lol , well with EX fireball instead that is

You peaked my curiosity so I went into training mode to try it out. It's possible but the jump in has to be very deep, about as deep as possible without doing a cross up HP/HK. And then you have to end it with a EX fireball instead of a regular one because the regular fireball won't combo because it travels to slowly. Screw this one though, the spacing is too strict to attempt in a tournament match. But I'd definitely try it in casuals if the opportunity came up.

Another Ryu character specific combo is j. HP/HK, cr. MPx2, cr. FP, Tatsu/EX Tatsu/ EX fireball and it works against a standing Sagat and some other characters like Akuma when they're crouching. Again the jump in has to be deep but it's by far much much easier to land as the spacing isn't really strict at all.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The corner full bar combo that works only on Zangief I guess. My submission to Maj's challenge thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3tjd0CkwPI&fmt=22

Ryu lost some of his vanilla combos but gained some spiffy new ones for Super. As I've said earlier, he has some of Ken's links and I've been doing them in matches because of playing Ken so damn much lately.

I think I'm going to do another training video with Ryu. This time with stuff not normally seen.

Rice-Eater said:

You peaked my curiosity so I went into training mode to try it out. It's possible but the jump in has to be very deep, about as deep as possible without doing a cross up HP/HK. And then you have to end it with a EX fireball instead of a regular one because the regular fireball won't combo because it travels to slowly. Screw this one though, the spacing is too strict to attempt in a tournament match. But I'd definitely try it in casuals if the opportunity came up.

Another Ryu character specific combo is j. HP/HK, cr. MPx2, cr. FP, Tatsu/EX Tatsu/ EX fireball and it works against a standing Sagat and some other characters like Akuma when they're crouching. Again the jump in has to be deep but it's by far much much easier to land as the spacing isn't really strict at all.

:lol I was gonna say if HP Hado didn't work, then EX might have. cr.MP x3, cr.HK is boss, though.

Rice-Eater said:

I guess it not a combo you want to be practicing =P
I think 2 cr. MP is enough anyways

Chemo

Myomoto said:
Is this better?

1zgfi84.jpg

Edit: Actually, this is better.
So much! Thanks.

Cloudius12 said:
I guess it not a combo you want to be practicing =P
I think 2 cr. MP is enough anyways

Doing 3 consecutive 1 frame links is probably never a good idea unless your execution is top notch. I can do the cr. MPx3, cr. HK combo about 60% of the time. Not that great, but not that bad either. So if the opportunity was there, I'd definitely go for it.

El Sloth

Banned
Anyone feel like kicking a scrubs ass over LIVE?

XBL Username: Sloth112

This will be my first online battle and I haven't touched the game in nearly 2 weeks, so expect extra scrubbiness. I only 48 hours of LIVE though, found a two year old 48 hour trial in one of my brother's games. :lol

SmokeMaxX

Rice-Eater said:

J. HK/FP, cr. mp x 3, cr. mk, ex fireball, Ultra 1?
The combo should be good enough to get some sick pushback, so you could probably do this a little outside of the corner?

Sanford did well against Sabin's Rose with Dictator. He probably should've stayed with the counter pick. Sabin's too good with that Rose and Stretch Armstrong combo.

Solune

Rice-Eater said:
Doing 3 consecutive 1 frame links is probably never a good idea unless your execution is top notch. I can do the cr. MPx3, cr. HK combo about 60% of the time. Not that great, but not that bad either. So if the opportunity was there, I'd definitely go for it.

Cr.mp > Cr.mp is a 2 frame link =p.

Hitokage said:
Capcom brought paid DLC costumes to the iphone version. :lol
Oh shit. Can't imagine what it'll be like on 3DS.

El Sloth

Banned
black_vegeta said:
I'm not home at the moment, so I can't deliver you that ass beating that you so wish to have...sorry.

:lol It's fine, I'm getting plenty of ass beatings in random matches at the moment. Will go see if the BlazBlue guys are up for it.

Zapages

All these costumes are fun. But TGS here, so when is Ono going to reveal the DLC characters and prices and how many there going to be.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Zapages said:
All these costumes are fun. But TGS here, so when is Ono going to reveal the DLC characters and prices and how many there going to be.

Was thinking the same thing. We need some announcements for the new chars, pc edition, 3ds edition, price for dlc etc. Capcom is being too silent about sf!

Rice-Eater said:

Mind blown. Going to test these things out.

Zapages

KAL2006 said:
I thought Yun and Yang are going to be the only new characters

I wish the original rumor was true of Elena, Alex, Hugo, Q and bunch of others being in...

Anyway there definitely needs to be more than 2... It won't be worth 20 dollars *my guess* they are going to charge.

hitsugi

Zapages said:

Ono will announce that the announcement of the remaining DLC characters is scheduled for a later date.

This is Ono.

Leunam

Zapages said:
I wish the original rumor was true of Elena, Alex, Hugo, Q and bunch of others being in...

Anyway there definitely needs to be more than 2... It won't be worth 20 dollars *my guess* they are going to charge.

I don't think that was ever a rumor.

SmokeMaxX

Spiderjericho said:
Sanford did well against Sabin's Rose with Dictator. He probably should've stayed with the counter pick. Sabin's too good with that Rose and Stretch Armstrong combo.

He didn't really play the Bison very well tbh. I don't think he's played the character for very long.

KAL2006

Banned
If Yun/Yang are the only characters, then I think they will be free. Basically a mandatory patch that rebalances the game and adds Yun/Yang. Yun and Yang won't take that much space in a patch as they both have similar character models and animations *they will also not have intros and ending to conserve HDD space). However the new alts will obviously be charged DLC.

bigmit3737 said:
Mind blown. Going to test these things out.

If you haven't pulled it off yourself, heres a video of me doing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fksgYhQGmXc

It works mid screen, that's the first time I pulled it off. I only did it in the corner because I wanted to add the Ultra without FADC. My execution is shit, so I didn't want to worry about having to do FADC while timing all the other button presses. My hands would have gotten confused as hell if I attempted that. So I'd be very lucky to pull it off if I ever managed to.

gutabo

Dang, decided to try Zangief on ranked yesterday, lost 1k PP in the process. Fun times. I think I like him.

Now I'm working on getting them back with honda. Not so fun times, earning 1PP per fight.

hitsugi

Hitokage said:
Capcom brought paid DLC costumes to the iphone version. :lol
It's at the point of being a joke. the full SSF4 arcade version, including all costumes is probably going to end up around $100. That's including the initial SSF4 purchase.

Capcom did a free character update for the iphone version, though. I wonder if their thinking will be similar for SSF4?

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
I hope we get something.

I felt like I waited for nothing since the big tease at Comic-Con. :(

They probably don't want to have SSF4 cannibalize Marvel hype. We'll probably get Arcade news tomorrow night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom