• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I have to get me one of those Chun Li sticks. Forgot they are out. Been playing with a broken PS3 stick the last couple of sessions. :lol

Oh no you don't. Bait.
movielk.gif

hitsugi said:
It's at the point of being a joke. the full SSF4 arcade version, including all costumes is probably going to end up around $100. That's including the initial SSF4 purchase.

(In sarcastic tone), it's cheaper than pay $20,000 arcade upgrade. Capcom bring arcade experience home. (In Antoine Dodson voice) "Take that, home boy!!"

I wish the media, the big three or Congress would really regulate the DLC market. I bought the costumes, and I don't disagree at there being a value but just not the cost they're charging for it. And I know, I know...don't buy. But I can't stop, won't stop.

Spiderjericho said:
I wish the media, the big three or Congress would really regulate the DLC market. I bought the costumes, and I don't disagree at there being a value but just not the cost they're charging for it. And I know, I know...don't buy. But I can't stop, won't stop.

I would be careful what you wish for considering a few things. For one the people in congress have less understanding of video games than they do of the internet and that is scary. Second and while this is just my opinion, but our govt can be bought via lobbyist's and campaign contributions. When you combine both factors together it is probably best that the government keeps their mitts off.

Wishing that game publishers would decide on a unified pricing structure might be a little better and more realistic.

stabicron7 said:
Wishing that game publishers would decide on a unified pricing structure might be a little better and more realistic.

Really, I just want someone to step in and add order to this chaos. I was being a little facetious in wanting Congress, the Supreme Court or whoever to get involved. I just think we've been in this DLC age for a few years and a stabilized pricing scheme should've been developed. I mean...how are you going release a game for $39.99. And then drop $20 DLC that is merely cosmetic. Like someone mentioned, separate the costumes so we have a choice or charge at least half. I wouldn't mind paying $10 for the costumes.

I cringe to think what is in store for Super with the new costumes, upgrade or MVC3.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
SephirothRK said:
fucking huge indeed. Thanks for the link, will watch.:D

edit: seems like stream started, but probably casual. GAMERBEEEE! using Akuma.

So US doesn't have a team to enter?

Ameriken, Air and Kim1234 are all in the tourney, albeit with other Japanese teams.

Ricky, Marn and Justin are all going to enter though, probably with other overseas players.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
WHY IS HAUNTS NOT THERE TO REPRESENT. THIS IS WHAT SHOULD BE TRENDING ON DAT TWITTA RIGHT NOW.

Satyamdas

Banned
Ayano Cup? Awesome. Thanks for the infos, Oichi!

My pick to win it, not cuz of Daigo but because he has Iyo (<3 Iyo) and Nemo on his team:

Neko Punch
Nyanshi (Sagat), Misse (Akuma), Nemo (Chun-li), Iyo (Dhalsim), Daigo (Ryu)

And a surefire way to tell this is a Vanilla tournament:

Otasuke Shoukanjyuu the KENT Saikyo
Gachihomottsun (Sagat), Kyomachi Blanka (Sagat), Mahojyutsushi (Sagat), KENT (Sagat), Maikerutaso (Ken)

N4Us

SmokeMaxX

For the Ayano Cup, is there gonna be a direct feed of the cab or we just gonna get cam footage? Also, does it keep going down for anyone else or just me?

_Xenon_

Banned
SmokeMaxX said:
For the Ayano Cup, is there gonna be a direct feed of the cab or we just gonna get cam footage? Also, does it keep going down for anyone else or just me?
The stream is down and up here and there, and it always faces someone's butt :(

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
GG's tonight guys. At least I didn't get my ass beat too badly and won maybe 4-5 rounds? :lol

At least I'm getting better than the Youtube video of me vs a local SRK person that he uploaded like two-three days ago. Random ultras FTL.

Also hate grapplers. Get close and "OH NO YOU DON'T! EAT ULTRA TO LOSE WHILE TRYING TO BEAT ME A FEW MORE TIMES TO WIN!" ARGH. :lol

SmokeMaxX

Happy Phantom said:
why isn't this stream actually... showing anything =(
From http://shoryuken.com/f315/ayano-cup-sf4-5on5-251390/
I can't tell if it is actually copyright issue or not, but they say "we can't provide screen for &#22823;&#20154;&#12398;&#20107;&#24773;&#65288;adult reason&#65289;".
It's typical slang which means "political reason", usually "copyright issue", "permission problem" or maybe "privacy" or whatever.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
_Xenon_ said:
So that's it I guess? Then why even bother setting up an ass-facing stream in the first place?

It's Japan.

Land of up-skirt shots.

2+2 =????

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Here's a fun little match that was my last of the evening. I sent the guy a "GG...Awesome Adon" message afterwards, and he replied with what's shown at the end of the video. The guy beat me two times prior to the match; was he seriously salty over this? :lol

I really gotta stop uploading the crappy matches I have just because of hate mail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma4D3TPo9II&hd=1

Good gravy, Peaceful Jay's stream is like the ultimate stream monster's dream. I just saw lamerboi play ryu against grimmz's guile. They counter picked trolled each other. Also, I never seen a Focus attack air grab from guile before that.

MiniBossBattle said:
Good gravy, Peaceful Jay's stream is like the ultimate stream monster's dream. I just saw lamerboi play ryu against grimmz's guile. They counter picked trolled each other. Also, I never seen a Focus attack air grab from guile before that.
Can i get a link?

So I started off winning 11/13 matches between my friend and I. Then he starts winning maybe the last 4. Now I'm getting or rather we're getting owned by some Makoto in endless. He's on a 14 game winning streak.

Fuck Makoto :(

Just joking. I'm enjoying it because I'm learning the match up.

Gyrian

Hitokage said:
Capcom brought paid DLC costumes to the iphone version. :lol

That's got to be an experiment on their part.
Still, considering that those who bought this are on their third free DLC character, it's difficult to fault them. I'm more open to the idea of paying extra for customization than for additional nuggets of gameplay that can result in split user bases.

I know it's very thin, but hopefully this is how they'll handle Yun, Yang, and whoever else we have coming to us.

Lyte Edge said:
Here's a fun little match that was my last of the evening. I sent the guy a "GG...Awesome Adon" message afterwards, and he replied with what's shown at the end of the video.

SMH.
Amazing, if he hadn't shown himself, he would've been a strong, dignified opponent.
I suppose it's for the best that some people can't help but reveal themselves like that.

BitchTits

Morro! said:
twkGD.jpg

Loving it :lol
:lol Mr Karate?

That Blanka one is dumb. I really don't like all these ones that change the shape of the character, like Gouken and Akumas original alts. Even if it has no effect other than visual.

MiniBossBattle said:

Damn I missed this.

This stream is the best though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom