• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Closed due to size? Odd

Any who, I hardly post in the SSFIV thread even though I do play the game pretty often. I've finally completed all of Cammy's Trials. I was stuck on 24 for quite some time. I couldn't quite get that FADC Backdash into Ultra. Also, I can really only do it from the left side (360 controller) but I've already hit the combo in matches so I'm pretty happy about that.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Imm0rt4l said:
written on a napkin
At this point I feel like saying anything about triforce or emp arcadia is going to get you put on blast on the youtube channel. Also I feel like triforce is a guy that will insist you sign an official contract.

Also what do players get from signing to this different teams? Do they pay for them to go to tournaments? Are there other perks?

Joekage

Yo at a friends house and am jumping on XBL. I have a pretty decent Cody,Ryu,Sakura and my friends gamertag is chuvylicious. Send me an invite and let's get some games in!

I remember an old MTV interview where Triforce was kinda calling Empire Arcadia a service to keep kids off the streets and less of a business, but maybe my memory is hazy.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
_dementia said:
I remember an old MTV interview where Triforce was kinda calling Empire Arcadia a service to keep kids off the streets and less of a business, but maybe my memory is hazy.
Well he is going to sue the kids because they want to go back on the streets.

BitchTits

Opponent knocks you down and walks up to you.... Let's play, the wake-up game!

1) you block, they throw.
2) you go for tech throw, they DP you.
3) you try to attack, they block and punish.
4) you try to attack, they mash EX DP through it.
5) they cross you up, you block and we're back to 1, 2, 3 or 4.

Welcome to SF4.... or "Psychic Rock, Paper, Scissors" as I like to call it. :D

cHaotix8

BitchTits said:

Just block and learn to tech on reaction.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
the_log_ride said:
I think it was a case of this guy just having me downloaded. It was so frustrating. He did a good job of mixing up his block strings into tick throws. He was throwing out cr.MP to keep me honest with my long range pokes. On top of that, he was very patient, and didn't close the distance unless it was totally free and clear for him to do so.

I'll have to work on my demon flip punishes and meaty flames. What is a good follow up after the meaty flame? B+LK/MK shenanigans?

If you are getting thrown and crouch teching isn't quite working out, you could try to teleport back out of it. Since it's online, you may have to (sparingly) resort to mashing TP to escape, but do so at your own risk, since it's punishable if he reads you. And a Sim that mashes TP is pretty easy to read/punish. Also, backdash too.

If he's counter-poking, try use your faster limbs like crouch jab, or crouch strong, or standing forward. Fireball away, too, and try to bait out a demon flip, but be careful when he has meter since EX demon flip punishes fireballs on reaction.

Jumping strong is pretty useful to intercept demon flips and other kinds of jump-ins. Backwards IAT into jump strong or roundhouse works well on some akumas i play, but not at all on others. not sure why.

After meaty flame, you can try back forward xx light yoga flame. It's not a true blockstring tho, so you can get DPed out of it. If he starts doing that, just do nothing, or only back forward to bait out the DP, then punish.

Leunam

BitchTits said:

Backdash beats 1 and 2.
Playing defensively until you are in a better position beats 3 and 4.
Dashing or blocking and then playing defensively until you are in a better position beats 5.

Papi said:
She's about a 3 out of 10. Seriously.

You're... you're crazy! :lol

I haven't been able to play lately due to this heat. My AC broke, and my room faces the sun so I'm pretty much screwed. Everyday, every second, I'm reminded of why summer sucks.

Anyone else feel raida should be utilized more often than I see now out of Ibuki users? I'm pretty sure raida beats throws, so that could really help her mix up game. Kind of confused why a lot of players don't use it more often.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Leunam said:
Backdash beats 1 and 2.
Playing defensively until you are in a better position beats 3 and 4.
Dashing or blocking and then playing defensively until you are in a better position beats 5.
Gouken laughs....then cries

Imm0rt4l

~Devil Trigger~ said:
Gouken laughs....then cries
:lol.......:'(

I wish they'd make him a competent character if the turbo update is real. Mago said he was gonna pick up gouken, he promptly dropped him though lol.

Axis

Procarbine said:
Starting up a lobby, hit to r3dS1X if you want in, I roll with an almost passable Akuma and dabble in Dudley.

psh, what was that message you sent me yesterday? maybe it was the day before...but i woke up to a message...and i don't remember playing you that day lol =\

Joekage

Threi said:
good games Joekage. You're mean with a lot of different chars :O
Good games bro. Your deejay is a monster. Cody was feeling the heat. That short hop is really good. Hopefully I get this xbox set up quick and play you more soon.

Nose Master

BitchTits said:

You forgot low-hit confirms into combos and meaty overheads :lol

Don't ever forget that they're guessing just as much as you're guessing. If they mash out a meaty DP and you block it, they're in a terrible position.

So I guess Daigo is playing Mochi in the next round of online GodsGarden tournament (Ume Games).

Another match with Sim for Daigo. :lol

Edit: It's happening tonight or rather tomorrow morning at 6:00 am.

I guess Sako and Mochi both vetoed the match. Daigo agreed to play Mochi, so those two will play in this round.

nilbog21

Banned
I bought a Kineda shirt like a month ago, and few days ago they send me email saying "Your order just shipped!" and today I got an email from some dude saying "Hey sorry our printer was short on a few shirts, including yours. Sorry". I don't even know what to say.

does anyone know if they will reprint more in the future?

fubarduck said:
@nycfurby I left Empire Arcadia yesterday. Best of luck to the players still in the company. Triforce talking about taking legal action against me. about 1 hour ago via web

Empire officially over??

Wtf really? Over what? That dude seems crazy.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Joekage said:
Yo at a friends house and am jumping on XBL. I have a pretty decent Cody,Ryu,Sakura and my friends gamertag is chuvylicious. Send me an invite and let's get some games in!

GGs, r3dS1X here. Someday when I learn how to play proper defense and pay attention to meters I'll be decent. Someday.

Axis said:
psh, what was that message you sent me yesterday? maybe it was the day before...but i woke up to a message...and i don't remember playing you that day lol =\

You didn't, but I was in endless with a pretty solid chun that beat the that trap of mine you don't seem to like. haha. So I told you how he did it.

Joekage

Procarbine said:
Starting up a lobby, hit to r3dS1X if you want in, I roll with an almost passable Akuma and dabble in Dudley.
Hey man, very nice Akuma. Good games all around to you and chaotix. Sorry about the taunting, that was my obnoxious friend playing with Rufus and Balrog. I can use them but he's better with them. Too bad he's obnoxious as hell. Good games though.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Joekage said:
Hey man, very nice Akuma. Good games all around to you and chaotix. Sorry about the taunting, that was my obnoxious friend playing with Rufus and Balrog. I can use them but he's better with them. Too bad he's obnoxious as hell. Good games though.

Exactly what I figured, haha. Was it him playing Elf? I enjoyed that finish. Really wanted that last anti-air demon against rog too :(

vexvegaz

BitchTits said:

as a akuma player, teleport out?

zon

Augemitbutter said:
we already played, ill give you a msg whenever im on.

You're Pellasos? Hopefully I won't be as free as last time. :lol

Imm0rt4l said:
send me a friend invite saying gafchat, and I can invite you to gafchat. GODHAND04

I've sent you a friend request now.

Axis

Procarbine said:
You didn't, but I was in endless with a pretty solid chun that beat the that trap of mine you don't seem to like. haha. So I told you how he did it.

yeah, good look haha...i been working on that matchup and the rufus matchup a lot lately...we gotta play sometime it's been a minute

Good games BGenius and Quicksilva.

Nice to play with some GAFfers once in awhile. Especially social ones. Though I'm too shy to talk in English, but I was listening. Btw. sorry about the lag in the beginning, I forgot to shut down my computer.

@BGenius, I haven't seen that many Makotos, who actually know something. ;) Good games, I learned a few things for example, not to jump in when you have your U1.

@Quicksilva, your Sim is good, but I think you need to get your zoning right. Sometimes Rog might be harder to keep out, but Dee Jay should be much easier.

Ledsen

KS Seven X said:
So I guess Daigo is playing Mochi in the next round of online GodsGarden tournament (Ume Games).

Another match with Sim for Daigo. :lol

Edit: It's happening tonight or rather tomorrow morning at 6:00 am.

I guess Sako and Mochi both vetoed the match. Daigo agreed to play Mochi, so those two will play in this round.

6 am doesn't say much unless you give the time zone :p

Ledsen

KS Seven X said:
Sorry about that... figured you guys were used to the 6 am pst since it's been the same the last 2 matches.

np, thanks guys, so that's 2100 (edit: actually 1500) local time... I'll be eating sushi and watching Mad Men at that time so I'll have to catch the youtubes later.

USD

LakeEarth said:
EX headbutt is one of the best anti-airs in the game. Jab headbutt is pretty good too, and can be anti-air comboed into super.
Seriously this. It's why the only time you should jump in on Honda is if you're crossing up or he doesn't have charge.

XenoRaven said:
I'm not experienced with the match up, so it'll probably be better for you to talk to someone who knows, but I will give you some of my best guesses and some tactics I use when I don't know a match up.

Adon's got a good st. HK. Quick, reaches pretty far, and hits twice so you can't really focus it (maybe at his toe you can?). But, I think Chun's st. MP and HP still reach further, and her st. HK definitely does, although you know the hitbox on that thing is a little crazy. So that's Adon problem number 1. If he tries to abuse that st. HK, do your best to understand how far it hits, or just keep him out with your superior pokes. The next two Adon problems come from watching Gamerbee. I don't know if your friends uses the same moves, but I'm going to tell you how I would try to deal with them. One, Gamerbee's Adon crosses up a LOT. Looks like a j. MK to me. Seems like Adon drops really fast and if you're not used to fighting him you can get nailed. Make sure you're blocking the right way if he tries it. If you're getting beat up by it and need to reset, don't be afraid to EX SBK, just be judicious about it. You should be able to tell if he's trying to safe jump on that cross up or not, judging by how high in the air he throws out the j. MK. Now, for the last Adon problem. Jaguar Kick. Chun struggles with variable jump ins. But in this case, I think she has some tools to deal with them. First of all, whenever I don't know if a move is unsafe or not, I just try to throw out some cr. LPs or LKs after blocking. Chun's got a 3 frame jab, so she has more chances to punish unsafe specials. If that doesn't work, then you're going to have to start fooling around with anti-airs to see what works. For standing Jaguar Kicks, I would try st. MP or HP, or maybe even cr. MP, since it does some weird hitbox stuff. For air Jaguar Kicks, I would try st. HP, HK, or cr. MP again. If I remember right, Gamerbee faced either a Honda or Rufus player who figured out how to just stuff those air Jaguar Kicks outright. So Chun should be able to as well. The only other notes I can give are that Jaguar Tooth is unsafe, so if he does it and you block, get ready to punish, and Jaguar Revolver goes over fireballs so don't get caught like I did the other night in ranked. =(

Give some of that stuff a try and see if it works. I'm just going by general Chun strategies that work against other characters with similar moves. I should also note that I never actually follow these strategies myself and just let people jump in on me for free, but that's another story.

Thanks for the tips - i'll keep it in mind next time.. He does play pretty similar to gamerbee(he actually said he has followed him a lot before evo even), uses a LOT of crossups. his hitbox is funny too. Hopefully I can even out this fight..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom