• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myomoto

I'm a bit sad that every newer ultra animation is so superior to the original ultra animations from vanilla SF4. I wish they'd go back and redo some of the older ones.

XenoRaven

Morro! said:
So, MarkMan uploaded this poster on twitter

jEdQl.png

Am I just crazy or is that a guy with a stache? Haggard?
I think the arrow looks like Honda.

The thing next to Juri looks like Birdie to me.

Threi

notag
is it me or did hakan's lk oil time get a LOT shorter (i mean to do, not how long it lasts)

*edit*

Yun's forward dash is kinda shitty...

Threi said:
is it me or did hakan's lk oil time get a LOT shorter (i mean to do, not how long it lasts)

*edit*

Yun's forward dash is kinda shitty...

I thought so too...

And about guile's flash kick gettin' beat, it gets beat by a lot of things already, doesn't it?

chrisdat

the_log_ride said:
Beats projectiles? Look at him building meter... I know this ain't 3s anymore but :lol

You can barely make out how much meter Guile makes off SBs.

actually, yun's palm strike beat out projectiles in 3s too.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
the_log_ride said:
Was not aware of that, either. Fvck me

I lol'd. In all seriousness tho, I have yet to see a Yun video where he does strong-fierce-b.fierce target combo yet. Also curious if the bnb target combo into shoulder - FADC - whatever works. Might not have enough hitstun tho.

Steaks

Yun had a lot of options to beat projectiles in 3s... he just never needed them.

Yun will probably be a solid character, but he still probably has no way to defeat the defense gods of SSF4 unless they get a nerf.

Edit: The best thing about playing the Urien Yun matchup is doing a fireball the same time Yun does a Genei-jin, which gives him enough time to react with a shoulder tackle because of the super freeze. It's like watching your life flash before your eyes.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
kensk said:
Yun had a lot of options to beat projectiles in 3s... he just never needed them.

Yun will probably be a solid character, but he still probably has no way to defeat the defense gods of SSF4 unless they get a nerf.

Edit: The best thing about playing the Urien Yun matchup is doing a fireball the same time Yun does a Genei-jin, which gives him enough time to react with a shoulder tackle because of the super freeze. It's like watching your life flash before your eyes.

We still have'nt seen how good his command grab is. Might be a weapon in his mixup vs the downback committee.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Yun looked 3rd Strike-good in that video, and that was just a loke test play without practice.

Things are gonna get shook up a bit when this releases!

Speaking of which, I hope Yun, Yang and the balance changes hit as a patch as soon as possible, because the differences between the arcade version and console version is going to make no sense for the Japanese to play the console version anymore.

hitsugi

Skilotonn said:
Yun looked 3rd Strike-good in that video, and that was just a loke test play without practice.

Not quite 3s good.. Yun had to actually advance on his opponent a few times without shadows following him :p

All the new characters in Super looked good before too, soon enough they'll be at IV levels :p.

Again, I'm more interested in how they "rebalance" the oldies than what new people they add. There's already enough characters.

I admit that Yun and Yang look pretty cool though. Genei Jin won't be nearly as bad in this engine especially.

Threi

notag
I just did a ex mgu > dash > U2* :O :O :O

* = it didn't actually hit, but still i haven't pulled it off more than one time since the game came out

This is what Ono said in an interview:

• "The arcade cabinets record replay data, which the team will consult for future adjustments."

Anyone know if he talking about replays being uploaded to a network for all of us to see?

black_vegeta said:

• "The arcade cabinets record replay data, which the team will consult for future adjustments."

Anyone know if he talking about replays being uploaded to a network for all of us to see?
Maybe it's more usage data and win ratio and the like

LordK

black_vegeta said:

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the location tests. They're capturing replay data so they can look at it later for future location tests/etc.

I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere or I just interpreted it that way (haha) so someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom