• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Sloth

Banned
Lost Fragment said:
Me on Peacful Jay's stream starting around 1:22:00.

Most connections were either yellow or orange so it was a little laggier than I'm used to, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it was gonna be.

Second part: http://www.justin.tv/peacefuljay/b/270362966

Your Makoto is really fun to watch, the second match match with the Vega player especially. Those vids have also inspired me to learn when to do karakusa. I can never get the timing right and always get punished when I use it in a match.

XenoRaven

Joekage said:
So, I got bodied by some random online Cody on PSN tonight on the PSN GAF chat stream, he even perfected me once, although that was due to my stick being set on LS by accident.

This day will live in infamy to show that my Cody is garbage, and that wakeup bingo and bad spray own the fuck out of me, as well as the fact that for some reason, I can't block crossups at all.

But hey, guess what, I'm going to Austin in a special 16 man pre-qualifying invitational after placing third in my city of Dallas, with my horrible skills. I have one week for Buktooth and FindmyFarms to drill me in the fine art of not losing to online cody's WHEN I USE CODY AS MY MAIN!!!

oh the salt is running deep in my veins right now...though I did body him before he rage quit out of the lobby, my salt runs deeper than the cleavage on Juri's new breasts.

tl;dr I suck at online Super Street Fighter IV and any person who wants to body me, play me in a mirror match with Cody and just do walk up bingo every single time.

Sorry for unleashing my salt on you guys in the chat/games. My Cody needed his revenge and though I got it (especially the last match when I bodied that Cody), I still don't feel better :(.
I watched some of those matches last night. Good stuff from your Cody and Ryu. If you want my scrubby armchair SF analysis, I think the reason you lost at all is because you were just constantly in his face. You were in that ass or trying to get in 100% of the time. In the matches I watched I don't recall you trying to bait an EX Zonk or Bad Spray on wakeup. You pretty much went for a meaty every time. You're definitely a hell of a lot better than me, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. But I've never seen someone be that aggressive with Cody before. That said, some of those combos were nasty.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Leunam said:
Yeah watching that, I don't know if he was either trolling Justin or he was just being overly patient.

Or both. I've ran into Japanese Bisons whom played exactly like that. Except with 100% more taunting.

I remember Justin getting beaten by a Bison playing the same way back before Super came out while he was in Japan. It's like history is repeating itself.

Axis

XenoRaven said:
I watched some of those matches last night. Good stuff from your Cody and Ryu. If you want my scrubby armchair SF analysis, I think the reason you lost at all is because you were just constantly in his face. You were in that ass or trying to get in 100% of the time. In the matches I watched I don't recall you trying to bait an EX Zonk or Bad Spray on wakeup. You pretty much went for a meaty every time. You're definitely a hell of a lot better than me, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. But I've never seen someone be that aggressive with Cody before. That said, some of those combos were nasty.

joekage has the best cody i've played easily...retarded

Threi

notag
boycotting PeacefulJay streams.

I can understand not allowing players from EU to play, but why the fuck will you not allow Canadians to play, especially when the stream is on the east coast? Toronto is much closer than the west coast FFS

hitsugi

~Devil Trigger~ said:
That has to be the LAMEST JustinWong i've ever seen

wow, Rufus is already a boring character to watch, he made it worst.

seemed like he was half asleep.. Rufus is good but not THAT good

SnowWolf said:

Good vid

vissione said:
Sorry, I had to do this, that shit was mad hype. For a little more context, some random guy found my stream and asked to join and it made for a pretty exciting turn of events when we found out he mained Cody. :lol

Match 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvM9_EZomro
Match 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PXkGuY-E_Y
Match 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgJyxChHoDg
Match 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gATgV6RAW6A
Match 5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU1XptJ95lc

And here's a little classy extra on the stream from floyd tqm :lol : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Te-vLsbIedA

Although this ran WAAY later than usual late night games (seriously, the sun came up it's no longer late night -_-) I had sooo much fun guys. Oh and Joe... good shit man... you may be salty but that shit kept me going. More stream monsters need to put people on blast. :lol

Was this last night, too??

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Street Fighter 4 (Vanilla, Arcade)
1st - Kindevu (Rufus) / Momochi (Akuma) / RF (Sagat)
2nd - Daigo Umehara (Ryu) / TKD (El Fuerte) / Bonchan (Sagat)
3rd tie - Tokido (Akuma) / Mago (Sagat) / Nemo (Chun-Li) & Dashimaki Tamago (C. Viper) / Nen (Rufus) / Denpa (Sagat)

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
1st - Kuroda (Ken0BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:lol / Nitto (Yun) / MOV (Chun-Li)
2nd - Kokujin (Dudley) / Haitani (Makoto) / Nuki (Chun-Li)
3rd tie - KO (Yang) / Ochibi (Yun) / Tokido (Chun-Li) & Mester (Yun) / Raoh (Chun-Li) / Higa (Ibuki)

Super Street Fighter II X
1st - MAO (Claw) / Futachan (Ryu) / Ito (Dee Jay)
2nd - Abebin (E. Honda) / Sasori (Ryu) / Oonishi (Dictator)
3rd tie - Nuki (Chun-Li) / Muteki (Guile) / Shiki (Boxer) & Tsuji (Boxer) / Inro (O. Chun-Li) / Danjiri (Dhalsim)

Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core
1st - Shounen (Testament) / RF (Faust) / Ogawa (Eddie)
2nd - Inoue (Order Sol) / Machaboo (Testament) / FAB (Potemkin)
3rd tie - Isamu (Venom) / Roi (Sol) / LOX (Jam) & Ina (Millia) / Nage (Faust) / Mitsurugi (Zappa)

Melty Blood
1st - GO1 (Akiha) / Ieda (Kohaku)
2nd - Hato (V.Akiha) / Leo (Warc)
3rd tie - Kaimaato (Kouma) /Inoshi (V.Sion) & Tatsuya (Ciel) / X (Nero)

Blazblue: Continuum Shift
1st - Tsujikawa (Taokaka) / Chou (Litchi)
2nd - Satoshi (Bang) / Hiroshi (Jin)
3rd tie - Goro (Lambda) / Fumo (Arakune) & Dora (Bang) / Hima (Arakune)

KOF13
1st - Oeppu (K' / Mature / Raiden)
2nd - Jaian (K' / Mai / Iori)
3rd tie - Kyabetsu (Andy / K' / Kula) & Ho Kun Xian (Elisabeth / K' / Takuma)
K K K K k K K K K k
K K K K k K K K K k
K K K K k K K K K k
:/

Tekken 6
1st - sumairu X (Marduk) / nesuchan (Devil Jin) / tatatatatatatata-ku (Lars)
2nd - daipan (Steve) / pandamania (Panda) / pekosu (Bob)
3rd tie - Addung (Asuka) / Naengmyun Sungin (Roger) / Narakhof (Marduk) & seikingu (King) / ide (Bob) / agichi (Leo)

Virtua Figher 5: Final Showdown
1st - serori (Kage) / morimoto reota^do (Vanessa) / hiraganadeaoki (Jacky)
2nd - Jaga (Goh) / Kurobo~ (Lau) / Yoroshiko (Jeffry)
3rd tie - Gorgeous (Eileen) / Joseph (Akira) / Yuutenji (Lau) and ???

Arcana Heart 3
1st Kasumi LOVE (Akane) / Tono (Konoha)
2nd Shirogoma (Angelia) / Kyouken (Zenia)
3rd tie - Banbaban (Heart) / Andou (Catherine) & Buchi (Yoriko) / Ooen (Kira)

Joekage

XenoRaven said:

Thanks man, I appreciate the praise haha although last night's performance was horrible.

Yeah, you were spot on, I was trying to go for my standard pressure strings and didn't realize that this guy was honestly just mashing reversals/backdash to escape it. His Cody is decent but yeah I know I'm better by a longshot and will prove it next time haha. I should have adapted but was honestly just playing like shit the whole time. Next time we play I'll be sure to set him straight though. ^_^

Also thanks for uploading those matches Behest, the salt runs deep, so deep...

I think Cody's worst matchup is himself haha

DIRTY-D

SnowWolf said:

304157_turtle_fight.jpg

N4Us

~Devil Trigger~ said:
KOF13
1st - Oeppu (K' / Mature / Raiden)
2nd - Jaian (K' / Mai / Iori)
3rd tie - Kyabetsu (Andy / K' / Kula) & Ho Kun Xian (Elisabeth / K' / Takuma)
K K K K k K K K K k
K K K K k K K K K k
K K K K k K K K K k
:/

Hey be fair, there's that many Chuns in the 3S listings.

XenoRaven

Joekage said:
Thanks man, I appreciate the praise haha although last night's performance was horrible.

Yeah, you were spot on, I was trying to go for my standard pressure strings and didn't realize that this guy was honestly just mashing reversals/backdash to escape it. His Cody is decent but yeah I know I'm better by a longshot and will prove it next time haha. I should have adapted but was honestly just playing like shit the whole time. Next time we play I'll be sure to set him straight though. ^_^

Also thanks for uploading those matches Behest, the salt runs deep, so deep...

I think Cody's worst matchup is himself haha
Haha, you realized it right when I did. He was playing against some other person (forgot who it was) and they would stop a blockstring or combo that would normally be finished with a special or something, and then you'd see like 2 or 3 cr jabs just fly out there from him. Can't believe he was doing it since he acknowledged the fact that you were using a lot of frame traps. Old habits I guess.

Jenga

Banned
schennmu said:
I've been out of the SF loop a little bit because of vacation. What does GAF think of the Dudley buffs for the arcade version?.
anyone got a link to the buff/nerf changes in the DLC patch?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Kadey said:
Rather have more Dudley than Hawks or turtles. The more in your face characters, the better.
T. Hawk needs more love. Not just from people playing against him, but from the people playing as him.

Dizzy-4U

Hey guys, can anyone direct me to a good video showing a non-fireball character like Rog, Mak or Cammy dealing with a good keep away Dhalsim?. I can bearly make it sometimes and I'm running out of ideas of what i can do. It's one of those match-ups that I need improvement the most.

Dizzy-4U said:
Hey guys, can anyone direct me to a good video showing a non-fireball character like Rog, Mak or Cammy dealing with a good keep away Dhalsim?. I can bearly make it sometimes and I'm running out of ideas of what i can do. It's one of those match-ups that I need improvement the most.
you need to be willing to do 2 things. 1. burn meter to get in. 2. punish limbs for being out there.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
No full pic of that Chun :(?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom