• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FacelessSamurai

..but cry so much I wish I had some
Street Fighter 4 has started on the Tougeki stream and there's this guy (don't know the names and can't read japanese, sorry) beasting with a fuerte! :lol

GG's Axis and Greg.

Sorry Satyamdas that we didn't get the chance to play. Wife took over the TV.

Yo Sat, you lost a bunch of BP and PP.

Edit: NSB 17 Thrusday 9/23!

Team EG will be there. Justin, Marn, and Pretty Ricky Ortiz. 3 vs 3, GET FUCKING HYPE!!!!

rOgEs.jpg

Edit: Early SF4 SBO results

• Justin Wong's team featuring his Evil Geniuses members Ricky Ortiz (Chun-Li) and Martin Phan (C. Viper) were eliminated in the first round by Misse (Akuma), Air (Ryu) and Kim1234 (Dictator). Wong, playing Rufus, nearly pulled off a reverse OCV to advance.

• GamerBee's team from Taiwan was OCVed in the second round by Tokido's Akuma. GamerBee was also using Akuma. His teammates were RB (Rufus) and Xiaoling (Boxer).

• The other team from America, featuring Kris "134" Hoffman, Alex "[-_-]" Ennis and Kevin "Kensou" Turner was eliminated in the first round by MDR (Rufus), Hishou (Sagat) and Pamyu (Boxer). Pamyu <3

Ono with the salty pic. :lol
w3vcN.jpg

Team A: Daigo Umehara (Ryu), TKD (El Fuerte), Bonchan (Sagat)
Team B: Tokido (Akuma), Mago (Sagat), Nemo (Chun-Li)
Team C: Dashimaki Tamago (C. Viper), Nen (Rufus), Denpa (Sagat)
Team D: Kindevu (Rufus), Momochi (Akuma), RF (Sagat)

I wonder who will take it.

It's Daigo, TKD, and Bonchan in the finals.

Not sure who they're playing.

Edit: Supposedly, it's Momochi's team. Jesus christ, that team of him, RF, and Kindevu is really strong. First Japan nationals (Capcom's event) and now SBO? Hopefully Daigo's team wins because of course Daigo <3, and TKD being the ElF player.

Acid08

Banned
DryEyeRelief said:

So many Sagat

KajunW

DryEyeRelief said:

Semis:
Daigo Umehara (Ryu), TKD (El Fuerte), Bonchan (Sagat) def. Dashimaki Tamago (C. Viper), Nen (Rufus), Denpa (Sagat)
Kindevu (Rufus), Momochi (Akuma), RF (Sagat) def. Tokido (Akuma), Mago (Sagat), Nemo (Chun-Li)

Finals:
Kindevu (Rufus), Momochi (Akuma), RF (Sagat) def. Daigo Umehara (Ryu), TKD (El Fuerte), Bonchan (Sagat)

Damn, Kindevu played mad solid, especially considering vanilla rufus vs. sagat isn't exactly fun for rufus. Winning Japanese nationals and now SBO definitely makes a strong case for them being the best.

Joekage

So, I got bodied by some random online Cody on PSN tonight on the PSN GAF chat stream, he even perfected me once, although that was due to my stick being set on LS by accident.

This day will live in infamy to show that my Cody is garbage, and that wakeup bingo and bad spray own the fuck out of me, as well as the fact that for some reason, I can't block crossups at all.

But hey, guess what, I'm going to Austin in a special 16 man pre-qualifying invitational after placing third in my city of Dallas, with my horrible skills. I have one week for Buktooth and FindmyFarms to drill me in the fine art of not losing to online cody's WHEN I USE CODY AS MY MAIN!!!

oh the salt is running deep in my veins right now...though I did body him before he rage quit out of the lobby, my salt runs deeper than the cleavage on Juri's new breasts.

tl;dr I suck at online Super Street Fighter IV and any person who wants to body me, play me in a mirror match with Cody and just do walk up bingo every single time.

Sorry for unleashing my salt on you guys in the chat/games. My Cody needed his revenge and though I got it (especially the last match when I bodied that Cody), I still don't feel better :(.

panda21

dumb question: can you make the CPU use the alt costumes in arcade mode? seems a bit of a waste to buy them if it never uses them

McNum

panda21 said:
dumb question: can you make the CPU use the alt costumes in arcade mode? seems a bit of a waste to buy them if it never uses them
I don't think you can, but you can use them in Versus mode, both for Human and CPU controlled characters. It'll even pick the alternates if you choose random for the opponent.

panda21

McNum said:
I don't think you can, but you can use them in Versus mode, both for Human and CPU controlled characters. It'll even pick the alternates if you choose random for the opponent.

:(

i had a suspicion it was that, kinda sucks if you only play offline

I haven't played this in quite some time until last night.

I'm absolutely hopeless. My Rufus is just horrific.

And I hate having to rely on my passable Balrog.

I bloody love this game though.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Joekage said:
So, I got bodied by some random online Cody on PSN tonight on the PSN GAF chat stream, he even perfected me once, although that was due to my stick being set on LS by accident.

This day will live in infamy to show that my Cody is garbage, and that wakeup bingo and bad spray own the fuck out of me, as well as the fact that for some reason, I can't block crossups at all.

But hey, guess what, I'm going to Austin in a special 16 man pre-qualifying invitational after placing third in my city of Dallas, with my horrible skills. I have one week for Buktooth and FindmyFarms to drill me in the fine art of not losing to online cody's WHEN I USE CODY AS MY MAIN!!!

oh the salt is running deep in my veins right now...though I did body him before he rage quit out of the lobby, my salt runs deeper than the cleavage on Juri's new breasts.

tl;dr I suck at online Super Street Fighter IV and any person who wants to body me, play me in a mirror match with Cody and just do walk up bingo every single time.

Sorry for unleashing my salt on you guys in the chat/games. My Cody needed his revenge and though I got it (especially the last match when I bodied that Cody), I still don't feel better :(.
For reference, I once picked Cody at random and won a round.

SmokeMaxX

Heavy's Sandvich said:
I haven't played this in quite some time until last night.

I'm absolutely hopeless. My Rufus is just horrific.

And I hate having to rely on my passable Balrog.

I bloody love this game though.
The answer is Blanka

vissione

Banned
Joekage said:

Sorry, I had to do this, that shit was mad hype. For a little more context, some random guy found my stream and asked to join and it made for a pretty exciting turn of events when we found out he mained Cody. :lol

Match 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvM9_EZomro
Match 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PXkGuY-E_Y
Match 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgJyxChHoDg
Match 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gATgV6RAW6A
Match 5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU1XptJ95lc

And here's a little classy extra on the stream from floyd tqm :lol : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Te-vLsbIedA

Although this ran WAAY later than usual late night games (seriously, the sun came up it's no longer late night -_-) I had sooo much fun guys. Oh and Joe... good shit man... you may be salty but that shit kept me going. More stream monsters need to put people on blast. :lol

Stay free joekage.

Anyways, I went to ATL Revivals again yesterday and did really well. Made it to top 8. Got put into losers first round by one of the best Rufus players in the state. So I just went through the entire bracket to top 8 in losers. While I was there, met a dude a played a lot online ing Vanilla (who also watches threi's vids :lol ), and a dude at my school that's really good.

Kind of salty about my round in the top 8 though. It was against a Viper player (who had much better cancels than Santhrax) who was as sleepy as I was at this point (I was about 26 hours without sleep). I beasted the first set, and he edged me out the second. I went to pick Sakura, but the peanut gallery wanted me to keep using Bison, so I gave into the peer pressure. :lol I could have won both games of the third set, but I screwed up my inputs and got headstomp instead of scissors. I had a good chance of getting top 3 if I didn't mess that up:(

And my Sakura actually did manage to make a debut. Was battling a Ryu player for a spot in the top 8, and he managed to beat my Bison the first set. Brought out Sakura, and nearly perfected him every game afterwards. :D
Still on my goal to be the best Sakura and Pimpson player in GA. Getting pretty close to it. :D
Had a great time though. Can't wait 'til next months' tourney.

Threi

notag
dragonballjoseph said:
Stay free joekage.

Anyways, I went to ATL Revivals again yesterday and did really well. Made it to top 8. Got put into losers first round by one of the best Rufus players in the state. So I just went through the entire bracket to top 8 in losers. While I was there, met a dude a played a lot online ing Vanilla (who also watches threi's vids :lol ), and a dude at my school that's really good.

Kind of salty about my round in the top 8 though. It was against a Viper player (who had much better cancels than Santhrax) who was as sleepy as I was at this point (I was about 26 hours without sleep). I beasted the first set, and he edged me out the second. I went to pick Sakura, but the peanut gallery wanted me to keep using Bison, so I gave into the peer pressure. :lol I could have won both games of the third set, but I screwed up my inputs and got headstomp instead of scissors. I had a good chance of getting top 3 if I didn't mess that up:(

And my Sakura actually did manage to make a debut. Was battling a Ryu player for a spot in the top 8, and he managed to beat my Bison the first set. Brought out Sakura, and nearly perfected him every game afterwards. :D
Still on my goal to be the best Sakura and Pimpson player in GA. Getting pretty close to it. :D
Had a great time though. Can't wait 'til next months' tourney.
Coincidence, much? I'm a Sakura/Bison from GA, as well. We should match sometime on Live.

Dartastic

Lost Fragment said:
Me on Peacful Jay's stream starting around 1:22:00.

Most connections were either yellow or orange so it was a little laggier than I'm used to, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it was gonna be.
Your Mak has gotten way better since the last time I saw it. Mine's stagnated, as usual. I genuinely think my problem is that I stop thinking too often during matches... And I fall for wakeup BS too often. Nice matches dude.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Anyone got a full pic of that Chun Li?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom