• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Yoshi_OnoChin

We dont have plan it. But a lot of reply has order it. I'll try talk ro CAPCOM's tops. RT @corrosivefrost: Will we see new AC as DLC also?

15n36rn.jpg

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Hitokage said:
T. Hawk needs more love. Not just from people playing against him, but from the people playing as him.

The Blanka nerf if it happens will do tons to make Hawk viable.

Dizzy-4U said:
Hey guys, can anyone direct me to a good video showing a non-fireball character like Rog, Mak or Cammy dealing with a good keep away Dhalsim?. I can bearly make it sometimes and I'm running out of ideas of what i can do. It's one of those match-ups that I need improvement the most.

As cammy just jump or focus through the limbs. If he throws a fireball ex drill. Once you're in, the dhalsim is either going to 100% either mash throw/throw tech/ or back + short/mk. Literally every single dhalsim in the world does this, except for maybe filipino champ (but only sometimes) and iyo.

so when you're in, either divekick to punish throws/techs, do this a few times and i guarantee it'll hit, or do a counter hit setup such as cr. jab -> st. mp or cr. fp to counterhit lk/mk mash. 9/10 times you'll connect and more than likely kill the dhalsim.

As rog, good luck, that matchup friggin sucks :/ F.Champ lists it as 6-4 dhalsim, but it feels more like 6.5-3.5 or 7-3 IMO, especially when you watch him play the match. So just pick cammy instead or rufus lol.

As Mak, you should probably go back to character select screen and just pick someone else lol.

Dizzy-4U said:
Hey guys, can anyone direct me to a good video showing a non-fireball character like Rog, Mak or Cammy dealing with a good keep away Dhalsim?. I can bearly make it sometimes and I'm running out of ideas of what i can do. It's one of those match-ups that I need improvement the most.

Just to add to Farms post, if the Dhalsim tries to get cute with teleporting around you, just hit st fp, he should reset right next to you, plus you have a bit more momentum on your side I think.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Dizzy-4U said:

Terrible matchup... against someone like arturo or even F. Champ its hard, talking from a Dudley perspective. Getting in is just hell and focus attack gimmicks wont work very well on good players.

Tips :

-Don't even try to jump, his AA are just too good.
-You can sometimes use jump mk from afar (dudley), it will counter some of his pokes, but don't use it to jump on him.
-Try to counter his pokes (very hard against a good sim).
-You can sometimes ex mgb (dudley) his recovery on some pokes... its tight though.
-Once in a blue moon try to focus dash, again hard on good players!
-Keep the pressure like crazy if you do get in.
-Watch out for teleport/fireball gimmicks.
-You can sometimes Thunderbolt on reaction when he fireballs... but then again if u r at a proper distance and TB works your playing a shit sim.
-Dashing under (dudley) fireballs is just asking for a meaty poke, if it works again u r playing a shitty sim ;p.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
El Sloth said:
Mind going into more detail? I had no luck against every single Dhalsim I came across today. :(

Well basically, Sim crumples hard under her pressure, and it's not as difficult for her to get in as it would seem.

Sim can't use sniper in this match without a fireball in front of him because Mak can punish it on block and hit with kara ex hayate every time. If he's anywhere near the corner, she can juggle into fukiage into ex axe kick for a fat damage combo too. She can also do that juggle mid screen if she fadcs the ex hayate, but it's usually not worth the bar.

ex hayate as antiair is actually realistic in this match because of Sim's slow, floaty jump.

st.mp is good at stuffing his limbs, and if you buffer ex hayate it combos.

His fireball has a lot of recovery, so from certain ranges, if you're like "k, he's gonna throw a fireball now" and dash forward when he throws it and jump, he might not recover in time to even block the jumpin. So then maybe they'll wise up a bit and start being less predictible with fireballs and start throwing out that st.fp. Sweep that shit.

His super is problematic, though, because I think he can punish pretty much everything with it.

DarkoMaledictus said:
Talking about duds, have any problems against DJ? Maybe its my lack of experience against him, but I got seriously blown up the other day!
It's like fighting a less competent Guile. Which means, it's bad.

El Sloth

Banned
Lost Fragment said:
Well basically, Sim crumples hard under her pressure, and it's not as difficult for her to get in as it would seem.

Sim can't use sniper in this match without a fireball in front of him because Mak can punish it on block and hit with kara ex hayate every time. If he's anywhere near the corner, she can juggle into fukiage into ex axe kick for a fat damage combo too. She can also do that juggle mid screen if she fadcs the ex hayate, but it's usually not worth the bar.

ex hayate as antiair is actually realistic in this match because of Sim's slow, floaty jump.

His fireball has a lot of recovery, so from certain ranges, if you're like "k, he's gonna throw a fireball now" and dash forward when he throws it and jump, he might not recover in time to even block the jumpin. So then maybe they'll wise up a bit and start being less predictible with fireballs and start throwing out that st.fp. Sweep that shit.

His super is problematic, though, because I think he can punish pretty much everything with it.

Thanks for this! I need to get my Fukiage and axe kicks inputs down before I even attempt this; I'm still relatively new to mak. Hopefully, after a while, I'll get more used to the way Sim plays in general.

_Xenon_

Banned
Lost Fragment said:
http://i52.tinypic.com/15n36rn.jpg
OK call me crazy but what if they just decide to screw everybody outside Japan by not updating console versions of SSF4 at all? If they do so I swear I'm not going to buy any of their games at all in the future (never played any RE/DMC games anyway).

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
_Xenon_ said:
OK call me crazy but what if they just decide to screw everybody outside Japan by not updating console versions of SSF4 at all? If they do so I swear I'm not going to buy any of their games at all in the future (never played any RE/DMC games anyway).

If there is money to be made... they will come ;p!

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
SoulFist said:
Ono is just trolling. Don't believe him for one second. They would be crazy not to update the console version.

What I fear would be a long wait after the arcade hits... long wait for me being more than 2 months. THAT'S what I fear!

+Would be retarded to have a console version that has major differences with arcade...

jlai

Lost Fragment said:

Not to mention FA and dashing in against the slower limbs which can sometimes lead to easy kara throws and abusing super meaty S.MPs. His low stun rating really helps in the matchup too. Couldn't have put it any better, describing the matchup as bipolar. Either you destroy them quickly or get zoned out hardcore.

Askia47

_dementia said:
i wonder if anywhere local is getting SSF4AE.
I highly doubt it, but damn I want to play as Yun.

When is 3S:Online supposed to hit PSN/XBLA?

You should play the game you want, but I see you edited your post!

3S: online is coming whenever they say it is, we dont know.

Maybe they will announce more details at next years captivate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom