• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitsugi

I'm missing so much while I'm stuck at work :( at least I know what I'm doing when I get home though :D shit sounds way too hype

black_vegeta said:
Agreed, overhyped.

Yun could wind up being a force to be reckoned with because of his anti-zoning options and combo city super, but Yang is up in the air. Trading pokes and a good reversal for dive kicks and a teleport may or may not make him more useful than Fei.

~Devil Trigger~ said:
Fei will kill Dud in the footiez

Fei kills most everybody in the footsies.

Fraeon

CPS2 said:
Desk's new video

Guile with the moonwalk o_O

Abel's stun super and Ryu dashing through a hitstunned Fuerte are probably the biggest WTF moments in that clip.

Cancelling ultras with Dudley's rose is a nice touch, though Desk showed that trick off in a previous video already.

God's Beard said:
I really want Q to be added to SSF4AE.

(corner only)jFP, close MKxxEX Dash Punch, Dash PunchxxDeadly Double(ultra), EX Dash Punch, RH, Taunt

So godlike.
I'm thinking:

j.FP, cl.MK xx EX Hands, FADC , Deadly Double, EX Dash Punch, RH, Taunt
(assuming he can't ultra cancel)

last hit of EX hand puts them in a juggle state ala messiah kick lk followup

No that's a full meter lol combo!

What are the latest rumors on SSF4T hitting the PC?

I live in a dorm and the dorm internet is WAY too slow for online play

I figure with a laptop I can carry SSF4T to a computer lab or something (Sub 12ms ping time w00t!)

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Basically WestBay team was in position to add a loss to SoCal's record to tie them with North Bay team. If NorthBay beat SoCal in the next set they would have won. F. Champ losing to Gootecks made it so NorthBay would have to win twice versus SoCal. This was a round robin tournament. NorthBay ended up losing the first set anyway.

Wether or not he threw the match at the end is for those of you to judge, but either way it caused it a shitstorm of drama. There is even a thread that was created in response to this on changing payout plans for tournaments.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Dizzy-4U said:
What in the world? Gootecks switched to Rose? When did that happen? Last time I checked he was learning Guile =/

His Rose is pretty serious. Seriously lame! He beat Lamerboi by out laming him. :lol

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
This structure of a 70/20/10 payout seems to have a fair share of weaknesses to it. Every player seems to understand that getting first or second place leads to both players splitting the money between themselves leaving no true interest in having a good grand finals match between the two. It's difficult to blame the players for this because it's a very logical solution to the problem of getting 70% of a cash prize compared to 20%.

Call me naive, but I had no idea top 2 players split the pot. Is this just a NorCal thing? I can't imagine Justin Wong sharing his winnings, for example.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
SnowWolf said:
Call me naive, but I had no idea top 2 players split the pot. Is this just a NorCal thing? I can't imagine Justin Wong sharing his winnings, for example.

It's fairly rampant in NorCal these days, but a lot of this goes on even in major tournaments. I think some people can see the difference in play styles, but maybe the majority dosent. Personally I hate watching matches where the top two are just fucking around playing like idiots because they split the pot.

There was a lot of this BS during Devastation too. It's just disappointing cause you dont know what you're really watching due to what went on behind the scenes.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The calm before the storm.

Random tournament is set to begin in two weeks. Hopefully earlier.

Scrubs tournament is within top four. Congrats to CaptMcblack for making it to top four first taking out Kaako. We're coming down the stretch.

GAF Weekly will now be run based on availability of players and interest at the time. It's quite obvious this thread has seen better days when it comes to traffic. It use to be when I sign on nearly a dozen pages has passed since I last looked at it. Now it's more like one or two as if.

Basically WestBay team was in position to add a loss to SoCal's record to tie them with North Bay team. If NorthBay beat SoCal in the next set they would have won. F. Champ losing to Gootecks made it so NorthBay would have to win twice versus SoCal. This was a round robin tournament. NorthBay ended up losing the first set anyway.

Wether or not he threw the match at the end is for those of you to judge, but either way it caused it a shitstorm of drama. There is even a thread that was created in response to this on changing payout plans for tournaments.
There are some defeats more triumphant than victories. :D

blackadde

canada_cup.jpg

hey guys,

a friend of mine is putting on an enormous tournament in november: the canada cup. ssfiv pot is seeded with $2000 off the bat and will also feature blazblue, tekken 6, and ST/HDR.

confirmed guests: EGJWong (!), Mike Ross, and Team Spooky.

see http://canada-cup.ca for details.

gonna be awesome!

blackadde said:
hey guys,

a friend of mine is putting on an enormous tournament in november: the canada cup. ssfiv pot is seeded with $2000 off the bat and will also feature blazblue, tekken 6, and ST/HDR.

confirmed guests: EGJWong (!), Mike Ross, and Team Spooky.

see http://canada-cup.ca for details.

gonna be awesome!

Awesome poster man.

But school (plus 400$ dollar flight for two days :/ ) means I'm not gonna make it. Don't know why it's so expensive, it's not that far. Boo-urns, Expedia >:|.

Happy to see you guys doing an awesome job on it.

BTW, is the unknown guest supposed to be a silhouette of someone? No matter who it is, you guys will have put together something great.

Put it in (early) Summer next year - before Evo - so I can come :p

Also, I haven't played much 3S, but those GF's of SBO were awesome. I thought Kuroda was the be-all end-all though?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Fuck Nuki. I'm still mad salty about that Wong vs Nuki (Chun, Chun) fight a couple of years ago.

blackadde

_dementia said:
how big is blazblue in canada?

i have no idea! shiro from edmonton is running it, so i'm assuming he knows at least a couple guys into it.

Killa Sasa said:
Awesome poster man.

But school (plus 400$ dollar flight for two days :/ ) means I'm not gonna make it. Don't know why it's so expensive, it's not that far. Boo-urns, Expedia >:|.

Happy to see you guys doing an awesome job on it.

BTW, is the unknown guest supposed to be a silhouette of someone? No matter who it is, you guys will have put together something great.

Put it in (early) Summer next year - before Evo - so I can come :p

Also, I haven't played much 3S, but those GF's of SBO were awesome. I thought Kuroda was the be-all end-all though?

oh well! be sure to tell ya friends. the unknown guest is unknown even to me at this point (and i made the poster), so that's why he gets the big ???. i just do what the organizers ask, lol.

El Sloth

Banned
~Devil Trigger~ said:
well he did for a while

I thought he quit her, guess not completly

Nice, I'll definitely check it out when it's archived then. He's just been using Viper and Chun since I've been watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom