• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gyrian

To be fair, he does say it's not currently planned, which is what he says about everything.

He may have some thoughts on how much the original was pirated, but Capcom as a company continues to support the platform more than they possibly ever have before. We even got Lost Planet 2, and Dead Rising 2 is on the way. What's holding back Super on PC is the same in principle to what held it back to Arcades.

Once it's out there, it'll be trivial to have it on PC as well.
Capcom's yet to show that they hate money in the way that Sega does.
We got a version of RE4 on basically everything but calculators. IV is on iPhones.

Super on PCs will come. Give it some time past the AC release.

EDIT:

Hitokage said:
His reason for not doing a steam-only release is bullshit. So what if it's "unfair" to those who don't have access to steam, it's unfair that consoles get super but PC doesn't.

It mostly sounds like he tried to deflect the question with the first putdown that came to him.
I doubt very much that this is at the heart of the case on whether it gets a release or not.

hamchan

Gyrian said:
To be fair, he does say it's not currently planned, which is what he says about everything.

He may have some thoughts on how much the original was pirated, but Capcom as a company continues to support the platform more than they possibly ever have before. We even got Lost Planet 2, and Dead Rising 2 is on the way. What's holding back Super on PC is the same in principle to what held it back to Arcades.

Once it's out there, it'll be trivial to have it on PC as well.
Capcom's yet to show that they hate money in the way that Sega does.
We got a version of RE4 on basically everything but calculators. IV is on iPhones.

Super on PCs will come. Give it some time past the AC release.

Well look at Mr. Optimistic here.

:(

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Hitokage said:
His reason for not doing a steam-only release is bullshit. So what if it's "unfair" to those who don't have access to steam, it's unfair that consoles get super but PC doesn't.

The funny thing was Capcom listened to the Steam-haters last time, putting a DRM-lessened version of SFIV on Impulse, and selling it everywhere. Capcom got it before- I can't see them developing Sega-itis all of a sudden.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Lyte Edge said:
Does anyone know if Mad Catz improved the quality of the PS3 fight pads with their round 2 and SSF4 versions? The one good PS3 fight pad I got back at SF4 launch in 2009 is finally beginning to screw up and cut out mid-match. Getting really tired of this...been through like four fight pads on PS3 already. :/ Things are better on the 360 side; only had one defective pad.

Just wanted to ask again. I am planning on picking up another pad today...

PLAY TIME'S OVER BABIES, I'VE GOT A NEW XBOX

actually play time can keep going for a little, I'm still in jet lag from playing so much 3s and jojo over the last month

God's Beard said:
Trade for new xbox - ~$80 value

Buy new arcade stick and copy of SSF4 - ~$100 value

Using a console where people have headsets - priceless

Just put on your headset and berate them for not having one. Or yell at them that any BT headset will work with the damned system.

But yeah, if there's anything I prefer about playing on 360 instead of PS3 it's that I can talk to my opponents.

DasRaven

StickyFingers said:
That's today:D

I wonder if they do it in packs again, or just in one go.

I bought them all as they came last time(well I got one as a preorder bonus), but this time I'll wait for the bundle.

Also, with Yang/Yun announced, I wonder if we'll now have another tier for number of ALTs (4:Vanilla, 3:Super, 2:Arcade).
Perhaps the eventual Arcade Edition DLC come with 10 new ALTs for the Super cast and 2 new ALTs for each of the Arcade additions to get to 4 for everyone.

Or, gasp, another disc.

Hmmmm, seems I can't log on to any of my PS accounts, and when I try to click on "Forgot my Password", it gives me an error. The hell is going on, I want to play some damn Street!!!!

abstract alien said:
Hmmmm, seems I can't log on to any of my PS accounts, and when I try to click on "Forgot my Password", it gives me an error. The hell is going on, I want to play some damn Street!!!!

same here, must be a problem on their end

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Hitokage said:

Bullshit reason, a a business doesn't think fairly they think in dollar signs.... they just don't want to that's all... lame if you ask me! Seriously pc is the only place to play game long term... when this generation of console is done for sf4 pc will be the only played version...

XenoRaven

Hitokage said:
Elgato EyeTV. I've had it for HDTV reception but never tried hooking it up to my ps3 until now.
Elgato makes a box? Or do you use the Hauppauge HD PVR and record it with EyeTV.

I ask because that's the setup I have.

Speaking of which, my stream quality sucks. Anyone know how I make it not suck? :(

BitchTits

What a weird night online playing SSF4 - a TON of Blankas, it was pretty much nothing but Blanka and Ryu. I kept getting Fei Long and Rose on random select (good for me :D ), and an odd mix of scary good players (15000BP Rose) and terrible shoto flowcharters (keep fishing for that LP SRK -> Utra 1 you fucking dumbasses!). :lol

Do you find there are weird patterns to online play? Like certain days there will be lots of good players, another day it's all newbies, another day a nice mix?

Satyamdas

Banned
God's Beard said:
Using a console where people have headsets - priceless
Now I feel kinda douchey for being in that room where you were the only person with a mic on, maybe one other person had one? :p

I have 2 reasons I don't like to use the mic. First is the quality. A lot of times when I talk I hear my voice repeated into my ear after I speak which makes it hard to hear others, and also huge chunks of what I'm hearing and what I say get dropped so there is oftentimes an unbearable level of "Huh? What?" going on. And secondly when I'm in my retarded little SF zone I just really don't feel much like talking. I know chat can improve a lot of games and there is plenty of good times to be had, but when it comes to me and SF, it's Voice Chat OFF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom