• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
_dementia said:
I'm thinking:

j.FP, cl.MK xx EX Hands, FADC , Deadly Double, EX Dash Punch, RH, Taunt
(assuming he can't ultra cancel)

last hit of EX hand puts them in a juggle state ala messiah kick lk followup

No that's a full meter lol combo!

Ooh, I like the idea of focus canceling the keepaway claw. Gives it a lot of interesting utility, considering that it's both a zoning tool and an anti-air. close MKxxStrong Claw FADC resets would be brilliant.

You know what would rock? Meaty RH FADC reset C&D. Or anti-air B+RH FADC juggles :lol

Dash Punches need to be ultra cancelable, of course.

abstract alien said:
A picture of Q!? The hell are they talking about!?

WHAT

Threi

notag
Rice-Eater said:
Not Seth's EX SRK, I think even Fuerte's guacamole might beat it to. I know it beats Ryu's EX SRK, which just barely loses to Akuma's EX SRK.
Poor Akuma...dude just can't catch a break

hopefully he gets buffed in the arcade version.

Wiseblade

Rice-Eater said:
Not Seth's EX SRK, I think even Fuerte's guacamole might beat it to. I know it beats Ryu's EX SRK, which just barely loses to Akuma's EX SRK.
EX Guacemole will beat any SRK in the game. It's invincible almost the whole way up. I can't count the amount of times people have tried to chip me out with one and been caught out. :lol

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Does anyone know if Mad Catz improved the quality of the PS3 fight pads with their round 2 and SSF4 versions? The one good PS3 fight pad I got back at SF4 launch in 2009 is finally beginning to screw up and cut out mid-match. Getting really tired of this...been through like four fight pads on PS3 already. :/ Things are better on the 360 side; only had one defective pad.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I was hanging out in Peacful Jay's stream yesterday and Crackfiend or Valle or someone said that Filipino Champ admitted that he threw the match for $100. It's still conjecture but yeah.

One of them was also talking about some shady behind-the-scenes stuff that went on at WCW where the organizers floated brackets to make sure that there were "good" matches in the top 8 or something along those lines.

Hearing about these sorts of things is pretty disconcerting. If I lived in the area and was able to become to participate in the scene there, I'd be pretty upset.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
On our youtube channel, in response to the Yang Ultra video -

"I bought this game yesterday and this character wasn't in it or the other one."

:lol :lol :lol

Lost Fragment said:
I was hanging out in Peacful Jay's stream yesterday and Crackfiend or Valle or someone said that Filipino Champ admitted that he threw the match for $100. It's still conjecture but yeah.

One of them was also talking about some shady behind-the-scenes stuff that went on at WCW where the organizers floated brackets to make sure that there were "good" matches in the top 8 or something along those lines.

Hearing about these sorts of things is pretty disconcerting. If I lived in the area and was able to become to participate in the scene there, I'd be pretty upset.

Yeah its def discouraging players here to come out and participate in tournaments. I'm actually probably going to start a Danisen Leauge out here so it's more about playing and getting better rather than a 70/20/10 payout with potential shenanigans. Im thinking for each rank you hit maybe you get some sort of payout for your character.

I dunno, but I feel people want something different and more enjoyable when it comes to these events.

Anyone notice the character portraits are kind of off for the twins? They look like traditional art instead of 3D model paint-overs like the rest of the cast. Kinda jarring.

Glad we finally have direct feed shots though.

Hmmm Ken's alt actually looks kinda good ingame, I might bite and I'm really hoping Rose's turns out to be better too.

21_alts02.jpg

And I gotta say this awful or it's just the angle :\

21_alts03.jpg

Wallach said:
Nice. I've only ever watched the first season of Naruto but for some reason both of the ultra animations they show for Yun/Yang remind me of that show. I don't think any of the other ultras to date have made me think that.
not even Ibuki's?

DasRaven

Not sure what they were aiming for here, "future Hutzil" perhaps? But this is squarely in the "you'll never see it again" category.

seth%20alternate.jpeg

ShinAmano

noneofexion said:
We (I) NEED a high-res picture/scan of this for computer desktop purposes… Sick poster!

21_twins17.jpg

Markman, I think you were the one who posted it originally?
Agree 100% that and that Chun Li pic from a few pages back.

They got some nice flashy Ultra's there.:D

I loved playing with them in 3rd Strike, though not as good as those players on tournament level. But still, fun to play as.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
_dementia said:
no PC version according to Ono.

very VERY dissapointing news for me, a gamer in transition from my 360/wii/ps3 to PC. I was really hoping that it would come out, even wishfully thinking that the next sf4-based PC game would be the one with yun/yang

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
His reason for not doing a steam-only release is bullshit. So what if it's "unfair" to those who don't have access to steam, it's unfair that consoles get super but PC doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom