• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Satyamdas said:
Now I feel kinda douchey for being in that room where you were the only person with a mic on, maybe one other person had one? :p

I have 2 reasons I don't like to use the mic. First is the quality. A lot of times when I talk I hear my voice repeated into my ear after I speak which makes it hard to hear others, and also huge chunks of what I'm hearing and what I say get dropped so there is oftentimes an unbearable level of "Huh? What?" going on. And secondly when I'm in my retarded little SF zone I just really don't feel much like talking. I know chat can improve a lot of games and there is plenty of good times to be had, but when it comes to me and SF, it's Voice Chat OFF.
That and why add lag?

black_vegeta said:
I like my fellow gaffers just how I like my women...mute.

Plus, talking distracts me from my "A game."

Agreed. I have a 'friend' that I play with occasionally that uses a mic. But after several sessions, I just can't concentrate while he's blabbering over the mic.

And during another random session, I came across a couple of Grade-A douche nozzles playing the e-thug role, spouting off about N-Word this, and master PC race that :lol

MUTE!

the_log_ride said:
Agreed. I have a 'friend' that I play with occasionally that uses a mic. But after several sessions, I just can't concentrate while he's blabbering over the mic.

And during another random session, I came across a couple of Grade-A douche nozzles playing the e-thug role, spouting off about N-Word this, and master PC race that :lol

MUTE!

I was in a match with Bistromathics and QCF x2. Bistro was drunk as fuck talking mad shit and QCF x2 was just blabbling with his deep ass Barry White voice.

It got so annoying that I didn't use my mic for a real long time.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
BitchTits said:
What a weird night online playing SSF4 - a TON of Blankas, it was pretty much nothing but Blanka and Ryu. I kept getting Fei Long and Rose on random select (good for me :D ), and an odd mix of scary good players (15000BP Rose) and terrible shoto flowcharters (keep fishing for that LP SRK -> Utra 1 you fucking dumbasses!). :lol

Do you find there are weird patterns to online play? Like certain days there will be lots of good players, another day it's all newbies, another day a nice mix?

I had a number of Blanka fights last night on PSN, too. One guy sent me a message before the match started asking if I'd let him win. -_- Haven't encountered any boosters in SSF4. Thought they went the way of the dodo with vanilla.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Edgeward said:
Cloudious12 (sp) uses Gen to great, skillful degree. Just nasty. Don't see him post a lot, but I have seen him post in this thread before.

Actually it would be Yeb. He is no longer part of the Gen army but he's still the best on here. Now that I think about it, I don't remember seeing any Gen on streams. Talk about dead army.
I like my fellow gaffers just how I like my women...mute.

Plus, talking distracts me from my "A game."

Okay Uncle Elroy. No moe quality foe yoo. :lol

No one wants to hear my dance music and my ass singing anyway.
Ahaha FUUUUUUU. *hides head in shame*
I was hoping you'd upload my other Gen against your Guile match. ;P
At least I did something in that one lol.

Well. I was somewhat playing in this one unlike the other. :D

----------------------------------

Okay. This was played months back but it was probably the saltiest match I ever had. He was my first. Hakan that is. I didn't really know how to approach him so I was like all shy and conservative. I got blown up in the first round. I started being more aggressive and finally getting my links in. Maybe I was too aggressive. God damn wake up ultras and sh.. Anyway. That Super at the end. I didn't know his Super lunges at you. I was waiting to punch him in the face or something. :lol

I was laughing about it at the end after the actual match but deep down inside I was pretty salty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNnGTKG2aw8&fmt=22 :lol

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Meh, upon further investigation I found out that there's now way to get the Mac EyeTV software dump the uncompressed video stream to disc. It always insists on running it through its shitty MPEG2 encoder even though it's not used when putting it on my screen. Third party software isn't forthcoming either.

Fortunately though, apparently I'm just a driver selection away from having it work on my PC

Ok, after a couple hours play, I'm WAY off my game. I was losing to everybody in ranked. the speed difference and input timings are throwing me way off right now, and I keep trying to do 3s combos and hit MK to choose my costume for Dudley. I played a good 30 or so matches against a friend of mine, and he tore me apart for about 6 straight matches, then I started to get the groove back and eventually won the set by 3. I made sure to swap back and forth between characters to get the game engine back in my brain. It's starting to click again, but I'm only playing at about 70% right now. I'll have to practice for a week or so to get everything back together so I can update my Dudley guide.

Dropping into Saty's endless battle was like being strapped to a bed for a week and then trying to run a 10k :lol

Satyamdas said:
Now I feel kinda douchey for being in that room where you were the only person with a mic on, maybe one other person had one? :p

I have 2 reasons I don't like to use the mic. First is the quality. A lot of times when I talk I hear my voice repeated into my ear after I speak which makes it hard to hear others, and also huge chunks of what I'm hearing and what I say get dropped so there is oftentimes an unbearable level of "Huh? What?" going on. And secondly when I'm in my retarded little SF zone I just really don't feel much like talking. I know chat can improve a lot of games and there is plenty of good times to be had, but when it comes to me and SF, it's Voice Chat OFF.

Nah it's ok, you had the pleasure of breaking me in after my hiatus. My first live match after a month of 3s and Jojo. It was pretty brutal. I used Fei Long because I knew the speed difference wouldn't hurt as much, plus, it's fucking Dhalsim. When I swapped back to Dudley to play DBJ, it was brutal. I had to leave right there and swing into Ranked and Practice.

Still, trash talk and matchup discussion is everything to me.

Also, I lost the dongle that lets me connect my mic to my arcade stick, so...

ClO9x.jpg

Yeah, it's that important.

MIMIC

Banned
stabicron7 said:
The battle of the OP ultra's eh :p

Haha. I was playing my brother the other day and it always make me laugh how much damage Fuerte's Ultra does....especially if I'm about to die. So I can kinda see how a damage nerf in the new patch (or whatever it is....haven't really been up to date on the arcade news) wouldn't be the WORST thing in the world. Just as long as its other properties remain unaffected. It's SO much easier to land than his first Ultra.

Rocwell

noneofexion said:
We (I) NEED a high-res picture/scan of this for computer desktop purposes… Sick poster!

http://media.eventhubs.com/images/2010/09/21_twins17.jpg[IMG]

Markman, I think you were the one who posted it originally?[/QUOTE]
[url]http://www.flickr.com/photos/sdtekken/5001692368/sizes/o/in/photostream/[/url]

The Gang's all here. Haggar = Honda. Some of the characters got crazyface. :lol

Axis

i love playing in lobbies where i can talk to people...cuz i'm still trying to learn and i like to ask questions about what i do wrong and shit

El Sloth

Banned
Lost Fragment said:
I'm 'bout to blow Adnan's Sim up with Makoto on Peaceful Jay's stream.

If he wins this match anyway lawl.

Lame, why did Peaceful Jay set up another lobby after you blew that Abel up?

Axis said:
i love playing in lobbies where i can talk to people...cuz i'm still trying to learn and i like to ask questions about what i do wrong and shit

Word. Friendly smack talk is always fun too.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
El Sloth said:
Lame, why did Peaceful Jay set up another lobby after you blew that Abel up?

I think he probably wanted to remake the lobby so there'd be space to invite certain people.

I was getting ready to head whenever I lost anyway because I had already been playing in that lobby for quite a while.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Kaako said:
Pouring Morton on me wounds are we? I shall go full Saikyo next time we meet!
Oyajiiiiiiii

Well. You were holding back in the match. Oh wait, was that me? I think it was you too.

Anyway, how can somebody win against someone with the name gods voice? I thought I had all the luck in the world.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNnGTKG2aw8&fmt=22

Anybody know when SBO is exactly? Oooooooooooooooooooo...can't wait to see Art vs Daigo III. Screw Daigo. He's been losing a lot lately.

El Sloth

Banned
Lost Fragment said:
I think he probably wanted to remake the lobby so there'd be space to invite certain people.

I was getting ready to head whenever I lost anyway because I had already been playing in that lobby for quite a while.

Yeah, but now I can't watch people getting blown up by a Makoto. :( That st.fp xx EX oroshi is really useful, I've gotta remember that.

Oh shit is that GAF's Threi on the Stream?

Edit: Yep, it's Deejay. :lol Go Threi go!

Rocwell

Repost for a new page for interested parties:

noneofexion said:
We (I) NEED a high-res picture/scan of this for computer desktop purposes… Sick poster!

http://media.eventhubs.com/images/2010/09/21_twins17.jpg[IMG]

Markman, I think you were the one who posted it originally?[/QUOTE]
[url]http://www.flickr.com/photos/sdtekken/5001692368/sizes/o/in/photostream/[/url]

The Gang's all here. Haggar = Honda. Some of the characters got crazyface. :lol

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
El Sloth said:
Yeah, but now I can't watch people getting blown up by a Makoto. :( That st.fp xx EX oroshi is really useful, I've gotta remember that.

Eh, I got fucked up using Makoto today for the most part. Maybe you tuned in just when I finally started getting my groove back :lol

Just wasn't feeling it today.

El Sloth

Banned
Lost Fragment said:
Eh, I got fucked up using Makoto today for the most part. Maybe you tuned in just when I finally started getting my groove back :lol

Just wasn't feeling it today.

Oh really? Still I always like watching Mak players since I always learn something new even if they lose, 'cause they're still better than me. :lol

Any pro SSIV players who use Mak?

Threi

notag
stream monsters -_-

dude is telling me i suck because i don't do close st.mk (which i use my personal bnb, but it's not always feasible to use) enough.

XenoRaven

Threi said:
stream monsters -_-

dude is telling me i suck because i don't do close st.mk (which i use my personal bnb, but it's not always feasible to use) enough.
You should consult his extensive online DeeJay tutorial.

dragonballjoseph said:
datass tier. ^_^
My Sakura beaten you rawg more than your rawg has beaten her.
As of late from what recall she has been my bitch.

At our first number of meetings she has gotten me with that one trick reset shit, but no longer my Rawg falls victim to it.

As always, we can always get some sets in...no prob.

Threi

notag
neither will work if you are too far away. I also kinda have the c.jab>c.forward link ingrained in my head. I messed up a fuckton of stuff, but that's nerves for ya :lol

Threi said:
neither will work if you are too far away. I also kinda have the c.jab>c.forward link ingrained in my head. I messed up a fuckton of stuff, but that's nerves for ya :lol

Still really entertaining. I usually only watch when I am rendering/compiling but I heard DJ's "oh yeah!" so I tabbed over. Love how someone in the chat said "DeeJay is in this game? I had no idea." I looks like DJ has a scissor kick trap kinda. He is like Bison and Guile mixed together. I was getting tired of Seths

hitsugi

Threi said:
Wow it's nice to see someone else use jab, short, etc instead of lp.

Also, isn't c.forward generally preferred to set up his little vortex? I only finish a combo with something else if I'm feeling stylish, sense a dizzy, or close to KO.

..not that I still take dj seriously. I have problems; I need to give him a shot here and there

eissan

black_vegeta said:
As of late from what recall she has been my bitch.

At our first number of meetings she has gotten me with that one trick reset shit, but no longer my Rawg falls victim to it.

As always, we can always get some sets in...no prob.

dont worry his bison is free :p

Threi

notag
i feel ya vegeta...rog/deejay matchups just continue to be hell. I gotten a little more comfortable with bipson/deejay but rogs just completely mess me up.

best thing to do is just find a good bipson player and run daily sessions. (aka join the gaf xbl nightly sessions/join the ranbat irc chat :D)

*edit*

found myself on the stream (starts when the new lobby opens)

http://www.justin.tv/peacefuljay/b/270520271

entremet

El Sloth said:
Oh really? Still I always like watching Mak players since I always learn something new even if they lose, 'cause they're still better than me. :lol

Any pro SSIV players who use Mak?
Flash Metroid is all I know of. Also NinjaCW. Both American players. There's a sick Japanese player, but don't remember his name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom