• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KajunW

KS Seven X said:
Daigo vs Mago was intense!!! God damn... some of the best street fighter I've seen in a while. That and the Mago vs Tokido, and Mago vs Sako match were the best matches today.

I had no idea you could shoryu to Super to Ultra.

GODS OF STREET FIGHTER 4:

Mago, Daigo, Sako, and Momochi?

Sounds about right...in terms of tournament performance, Nemo is somewhere up there, too.

Solune

Daigo had it in the 4th round but that Cr. Mk to SRK was for sure supposed to be a hadoken.
Glad Mago almost made a comeback it really came down to the wire and kept it entertaining.
And of course Daigo's gonna lame it out, when you face a Fei you're gonna be in the corner, it was just funny how long Daigo was in the corner for.

_Xenon_

Banned
KS Seven X said:
Daigo vs Mago was intense!!! God damn... some of the best street fighter I've seen in a while. That and the Mago vs Tokido, and Mago vs Sako match were the best matches today.

I had no idea you could shoryu to Super to Ultra.

GODS OF STREET FIGHTER 4:

Mago, Daigo, Sako, and Momochi?
Momochi is on blast today. I'd say Mago Daigo Sako YHCMochi

Satyamdas

Banned
Man, that was an utter shitload of awesome matches. 6 hours strong of superb quality play. Tomorrow looks to be even better with Nemo and Acqua in the mix. And of course the hypest of the hype, Daigo vs. Sako. Was really weird to see Daigo trolling by mashing dat back all day, wonder what was up with that.

_Xenon_ said:
Momochi is on blast today. I'd say Mago Daigo Sako YHCMochi

I included him because of his vanilla results. I'm actually surprised Iyo isn't playing in this tourney. His ibuki is really good.

I also forgot about Nemo. Can't wait to see him play.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Fubar.
Seb.
Ryder.
Daigo.
Mago.
Nerdjosh.
Wolfkrone.
Inthul.

Current look of the lower tier tourney.

27xp5xs.png

Satyamdas

Banned
God's Beard said:
Where would the Mago vs Sako match be? That's the main one I wanted to watch.
49 minutes into the first video, STREAM A_03. It was the last match they did. Daigo vs. Kindevu was also a great match, it starts at 26 minutes into the same video.

Satyamdas said:
49 minutes into the first video, STREAM A_03. It was the last match they did. Daigo vs. Kindevu was also a great match, it starts at 26 minutes into the same video.
Beauty, thanks.

Wait, Sako vs Mago? I'm seeing Daigo.

Satyamdas

Banned
Ohh shit my bad, I read your post wrong. I actually looked for the Sako/Mago match myself but couldn't find it. I know it was on the GodsGarden2 stream towards the end, but I can't seem to find it in any of the archived videos there.

You know what, something must have gotten messed up in the recording/archiving process because I'm pretty sure Mago/Sako happened after the YHC Mochi/Arai match, which is at the beginning of the first video there on GG2. I'm just getting a 16 second clip for that vid, though. :(

vissione

Banned
Satyamdas said:
Ohh shit my bad, I read your post wrong. I actually looked for the Sako/Mago match myself but couldn't find it. I know it was on the GodsGarden2 stream towards the end, but I can't seem to find it in any of the archived videos there.

You know what, something must have gotten messed up in the recording/archiving process because I'm pretty sure Mago/Sako happened after the YHC Mochi/Arai match, which is at the beginning of the first video there on GG2. I'm just getting a 16 second clip for that vid, though. :(

Yea that match was stream B and it either a) hasnt been cut and put up for archive yet or b) was lost because there was a time when gama-san was having trouble with the stream and probably forgot to hit "record broadcast" :lol

Mago/Tokido was pretty hype

vissione said:
Yea that match was stream B and it either a) hasnt been cut and put up for archive yet or b) was lost because there was a time when gama-san was having trouble with the stream and probably forgot to hit "record broadcast" :lol
Nooooooooooooo

vissione

Banned
Ledsen said:
Thanks! So the first link has A_01, A_02, and A_03 which I'm guessing should be watched in that order... the second link has only one video, what's that? And why is it on a different account?

Because it was 2 streams at the same time showing different matches to make it faster.

Satyamdas said:
Was really weird to see Daigo trolling by mashing dat back all day, wonder what was up with that.
If your talking about vs Mago match, it was because Ryu is getting out poked by Fei. Mago was poking with rekka or whiff punishing with it. Hadoken became useless once Fei got meter because ex chicken wing goes right through and leads to a big combo. I was surprised to see it being so fast and catching Sako off guard so many times.

Huggers

Hey guys. I recently picked this up from a supermarket for £15, bargain of the year as I have already ploughed more than 30 hours into it. Anyway, to my question

is this a good stick; http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001M25AY6/

Can I do better for similar money?

Been playing with Sim a lot, I'm marginally above average with him but find his combos really hard to do. Any tips?

Ledsen said:
Thanks! So the first link has A_01, A_02, and A_03 which I'm guessing should be watched in that order... the second link has only one video, what's that? And why is it on a different account?

all four videos in the second link are godsgarden2 recordings.

Ledsen

In this video, during the button check for the Uryo vs Momochi match, they're talking about Justin and Marn and laughing a lot. Any japanese speakers care to listen to what they're talking about? It's about 30 mins in.

SephirothRK said:
Kindevu won first to 3 against sako. wow. I like how Tonpy plays Viper. I'm copying.

I'm not, I actually thought Kindevu would be one of his tougher opponents. It's been said a millions times but I'll say it again, mirror matches are not the best determining factor of who the better player is.

But man, what's up with Kindevu and Momochi changing characters. They're clearly not as dominant as they were with there previous mains. I can understand someone like Acqua or Mago changing mains, but Rufus and Akuma are fine in Super. There was no need for people to bail on those 2.

Solune

Rice-Eater said:
I'm not, I actually thought Kindevu would be one of his tougher opponents. It's been said a millions times but I'll say it again, mirror matches are not the best determining factor of who the better player is.

But man, what's up with Kindevu and Momochi changing characters. They're clearly not as dominant as they were with there previous mains. I can understand someone like Acqua or Mago changing mains, but Rufus and Akuma are fine in Super. There was no need for people to bail on those 2.

I think in Momochi's case he's less dominant simply because Akuma's a better character. Aside from that Momochi was ripping shit up at NSB but clearly not at GG2. As for Kindevu maybe he just wanted to switch chars but I don't see his Cammy as being that great honestly.

Solune said:
I think in Momochi's case he's less dominant simply because Akuma's a better character. Aside from that Momochi was ripping shit up at NSB but clearly not at GG2. As for Kindevu maybe he just wanted to switch chars but I don't see his Cammy as being that great honestly.

I agree in both cases. In Momochi's case, Ken just doesn't cut it. It's admirable, but there is a reason characters like Ken won't win tourneys when you have a all star line up of players to go against who are using higher tier characters. As for Kindevu, half the time he can look as impressive as Sako, the other half he's dropping combos like there is no tomorrow. So yeah, his execution and overall game with Cammy still needs a lot of work.

MarkMan said:
Just caught up on GG2 Online quals.

Thas mah boy <3

SoCal Regionals is promising a huge pot for SSF4 and should be one of the biggest(if not the 2nd biggest) tournaments this year. Any chance you'll send yah boy out to that one?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Rice-Eater said:
SoCal Regionals is promising a huge pot for SSF4 and should be one of the biggest(if not the 2nd biggest) tournaments this year. Any chance you'll send yah boy out to that one?

;)

We'll see.

;)

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Bit of constructive criticism, Eissan: when you get in trouble you do wakeup dps/ultras like craaaazy. Ran into it more than I should've, but it got you into trouble more often than not. You would've done a lot better today if you didn't do that.

Impressive Ryu though.

Finally caught up to GGO2. Wow. It was long. Awesome display of fighting-game skill. I thought they were all great. And I agree (somewhat) with Rice-Eater. Strange to see people Uryo using Viper, Momochi Aku and Kindevu Cammy. I wanted to see the Sakura shenanigans. Kind's Cammy is on point for the most part. Ken is :(

Can't wait for the next round of matches. Hopefully, it's not as long since a good chunk of play occurred.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Chicken wuss Daigo against Mago.

Are they doing next set today...err tomorrow morning? I may get to watch it this time.

Who wants to play while I'm still tipsy here?

eissan

Lost Fragment said:
Bit of constructive criticism, Eissan: when you get in trouble you do wakeup dps/ultras like craaaazy. Ran into it more than I should've, but it got you into trouble more often than not. You would've done a lot better today if you didn't do that.

Impressive Ryu though.

thanks Lost fragment.

I know regarding the DP situation :D. I have to force my self not to do it. sometimes its just unconciously done.

regarding the ultra's some rounds I was doing it because I was giving up on the round(IE 95% LOL) the other ones was I was trying to time your attack so I get the ultra to hit...doesnt work most of the time cause its soo damn hard to tell when you are jumping or when hitting a button online :D.

thanks again for the games this afternoon I learned alot about the matchup between ryu vs mak and viper :)

USD

Kadey said:
Chicken wuss Daigo against Mago.

Are they doing next set today...err tomorrow morning? I may get to watch it this time.

Who wants to play while I'm still tipsy here?
The matches are starting up in an hour. And yeah, Daigo played like such a coward in that match, Machihara FTL.

Axis said:
nemo>nuki!

They have two different styles, but I prefer the way Nuki plays Chun---looks much cleaner and his footsies is one of the best.

But I haven't seen him play in a while.....it's entirely possible that the other Japanese players have an edge on him

nah! lol :)

Threi

notag
after another session of trying to do deejay's dash ultra (which i can do about 5-10% in training mode, but haven't gotten it off an ex mgu yet) i go to choose a different char. I choose guile, and learn flash kick fadc U2 in about 5 minutes, having never tried it before.

...wtf

SUPARSTARX

Threi said:
after another session of trying to do deejay's dash ultra (which i can do about 5-10% in training mode, but haven't gotten it off an ex mgu yet) i go to choose a different char. I choose guile, and learn flash kick fadc U2 in about 5 minutes, having never tried it before.

...wtf
I think you have about 6 frames to finish the input after dash. It's pretty tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom