• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzy-4U

Take that you stupid Ibuki's trial 24! Take that!!!!! ( I'm so happy :) )

Now, onto Viper's trials (stupid thunder knuckle cancel :/ )

Crazy ending to the Nemo/Tonpy match. Clutch finish by Nemo, but his ultra whiffs before it could finish Tonpy, then he finishes with a stomp.

Maybe I'm racist, but when I hear about Arturo Sanchez and Sanford hanging out with Justin Wong and Chris Hu, I think about a bunch of stoned mid-20s gamer nerds.

When I hear about Kokujin talking about Momochi's xbox, it's like a gathering of Mr.Miyagis, sharing timeless wisdom.

USD

Tokido sweeps Nemo, Ice Age in full effect. :lol

DryEyeRelief said:
I don't understand a lot of japanese, but did kokujin just say that momochi's xbox broke?
The players are having trouble connecting to the host, so they might have to do all the matches on Stream A. They're already doing Mochi/Momochi on A.

EDIT: Yep, they're taking down Stream B. Also, Kokujin English is godlike. :lol

Mars

Banned
OK, I've wondered this for a long time, and maybe one of you knows.

Are Japanese players' names their real names?
I mean, Daigo is his real first name and Umehara is his last name, but what about Mago, Tokido, Momochi, etc? Are those their last names? Mago doesn't sound like it, but the other two could be. Sakonoko really sounds like a last name, but I have no idea.

gutabo

BTW, Axis, Eissan, good games that last time we played, a shame that I couldn't connect afterwards... here's hoping to play with you again soon!

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
So in a few places around the internet FGC now I've had people say something like "oh, you're that godlike Makoto player etc."

It makes me uncomfortable in a weird way because I don't think my Makoto's that great. I'm decent with her at best.

So I'm gonna stop uploading videos. The original intent was mostly to show them to other people so they could help me figure out the holes in my game. But when I ask for critiques from other people, I usually don't get it. I usually just get "good shit" or "man that was gdlk" or whatever. All that stuff is pleasing to my ego superficially, but it makes me uncomfortable because I'm not really good enough that people should "look up" to me.

Lost Fragment said:
So in a few places around the internet FGC now I've had people say something like "oh, you're that godlike Makoto player etc."

It makes me uncomfortable in a weird way because I don't think my Makoto's that great. I'm decent with her at best.

So I'm gonna stop uploading videos. The original intent was mostly to show them to other people so they could help me figure out the holes in my game. But when I ask for critiques from other people, I usually don't get it. I usually just get "good shit" or "man that was gdlk" or whatever. All that stuff is pleasing to my ego superficially, but it makes me uncomfortable because I'm not really good enough that people should "look up" to me.

This post is godlike.

ntropy

Lost Fragment said:

y so godlike? :p

Lost Fragment said:

That o in "oh" should have been capitalized.

Satyamdas

Banned
anotheriori said:
If your talking about vs Mago match, it was because Ryu is getting out poked by Fei. Mago was poking with rekka or whiff punishing with it. Hadoken became useless once Fei got meter because ex chicken wing goes right through and leads to a big combo. I was surprised to see it being so fast and catching Sako off guard so many times.
Yeah I know Fei's pokes are gdlk and that Ryu has to be careful of rekkas and chicken wing, but Daigo was mashing back against almost everyone he fought (esp. Kindevu and Mago), almost in a taunting sort of way (which I dig, I'm not saying this as a criticism). It's just that I've seen probably 100+ matches of him and never seen him mash it so blatantly as if to troll.

El Sloth

Banned
Lost Fragment said:

Maybe you're just asking the wrong people?

gutabo

Lost Fragment said:

Wow. Very nice self criticism man.

The opposite happened to me. I was at the top of the peruvian SSF4 rank for a while, and it got to me. I knew that I wasn't that good at all(specially compared to other countries) but it still got to me. I grew careless, and I thought that I really was good(locally speaking) since my honda was kinda feared(locally speaking). It wasn't that long before people locally adjusted and specifically countered honda(and my aggressive play), so I started to lose a lot. It took me a while to realize that I had a bad ego trip and that I had to adjust badly. Lesson learned.

It's really nice to see that you're avoiding the mistake I made. Kudos to you sir.

Lost Fragment said:

Well, it's all about perception most likely. The majority of us players and fans are no where near what would be called a decent street fighter player outside of our community circle, so when we see someone using a character that most find difficult to play as, and using her quite nicely, we can't help but say something like that. Also, the ones saying comments like that(most likely completely truthful), probably can't really tell you much about improving your game effectively. Don't be so hard on yourself and your onlookers, you just have a ton of fans that unfortunately are probably not better than you and can't offer much help other than a "thumbs up". Nothing that you can't see by yourself to begin with.

Then again, I am just a lowly SF lover who honestly knows nothing about most of the meta game, execution wise. I can't really teach anyone anything outside of how to do the most basic of pokes and block strings. I can see it when its happening though...and I always feel like the person I'm watching, no matter if they win or lose, is doing something amazing.

Lost Fragment said:

Well I am actually in the same boat as you as far as my Bison is concerned. Well minus the videos anyways, I don't have the equipment for that. Some of the local players think my Bison is "gdlk" or "damn sick" when I play them.

Me? Well, I have never considered myself better than average or maybe above average depending on the day you ask.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Lost Fragment said:

Yeah. It's either great job or...you shouldn't play the character like that. You never get anybody that wants to help you out with your game. I attribute that to just people being idiots on YT though. For me, number one comment is, what song is that?

Is Daigo on speed today? He's playing much more aggressive than yesterday. Maybe he heard my comment. :lol

A lot of Vipers I see spaz out and doing hundreds of feints and crap to try and trick opponents. Uryo seems like he's just straight ass whupping. He realizes more on spacing and correctly punishing at the right time instead of just doing all the typical random Viper stuff. Much more pleasing to watch.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
That last game didn't seem like him at all. Wake up and close up dps out of nowhere.

So Daigo and Sako hasn't happened yet?

KajunW

It seems like Daigo lost his head a little bit in the last two rounds...so many whiffed (wakeup) DPs.

Daigo-Sako is supposed to be last match.

I think Daigo will lose vs Sako and Mochi, so it's unlikely that he's going to end as #1 after this loss against Uryo.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
These last two days just goes to show you there isn't a clear cut best player. Certain players lose to certain players that other certain players beat, etc.

I hear Sakura music!

KajunW

Looks like Mago (5 won, 2 left to play), Nemo (4 won, 2 left to play), Kindevu (4 won, 1 left to play), Momochi (4 won, 1 left to play) and Acqua (2 won, 6 left to play) will battle for the last two qualifying spots.

Kadey: That applies to virtually any game or sports that has a one-on-one nature. If player A beats B, it does not automatically mean A is better than B. Because it's alot about matchups. Because if you had three players, A>B, B>C and C>A, then who is considered the best? The transitive property does not apply here. It's about how a player fares against his overall field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom