• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Sloth

Banned
Lost Fragment said:
Greg in Peaceful Jay's stream about to fuck some people up.

:lol at dudes not knowing what to do when Greg just keeps grabbing. I mean I would get owned too, but watching it is still funny.

K444WSR

quick question for all the balrog players here - i just started playing with him and am fairly comfortable against most players apart from Viper. Are there any tactics i should be using or anything i shouldn't be doing ?

SmokeMaxX

K444WSR said:
quick question for all the balrog players here - i just started playing with him and am fairly comfortable against most players apart from Viper. Are there any tactics i should be using or anything i shouldn't be doing ?

Jab a lot. Don't wake up regular headbutt. Rarely wakeup ex-headbutt.

SmokeMaxX

Joekage said:
You can also see me get bodied by Dhalsim (Best in TX) in that stream as well... :(

http://www.justin.tv/fubarduck/b/270819846 starts at 1:38, I'm the black guy haha

Oh well. Better luck next time.

Good shit Joe. You lost to a great player, but honestly you also lost to some of the scrubbiest Dhalsim tactics. Seriously, crossup TP? I figured all those matches against Mike's Dhalsim in Vegas would've taught you better than that!

Anyway, you gotta get on that ass more. The only thing Dhalsim can do on reversal is Super/Ultra and with Ultra you can just throw him out of it. You should've tried to bait it out. You've done leveled up a ton though since I've last seen you play.

One day you'll reach Arkansas' level :D

SmokeMaxX

K444WSR said:
Thanks smokemaxx - will try out the tactics when I play online next.
Lol, it was semi-considered a joke and semi-serious.

Seriously, don't regular headbutt on wakeup- it sucks. Only ex-headbutt rarely and these are the times when you have Ultra so that you can headbutt-> Ultra. However, most good players will bait this and ultra punish you (or big damage).

Jab a lot, but try to hitconfirm into your bread and butter (jab, jab, short xx headbutt xx Ultra (if you have it). Don't full screen dash anything. You'll get thrown or worse by good players. Never EX from more than half screen. Good players will throw you if you're within footsie distance and you try a random ex move (Balrog's are so easy to throw). If anyone jumps in on you, 90% of the time Rog Cr. fierce is money. Rog has two good jump ins: j. fp for far distance and j. rh for near distance.

Rog has good pressure with frame traps and tick throws. I can't say this enough, jab a ton. Rog's jab is considered one of, if not THE best in the game for multiple reasons. It's tied for the fastest normal in the game, but those that tie with it can't get the easy damage off of it like Rog can. Rog's bread and butter off his jab is like 2-3 frames, maybe even bigger than that. It's pretty ridiculous how easy it is and it does good damage. Rog has a good sweep. So combining the two, you can do jab, jab throw then when you get them to start crouch teching, jab, jab, walk back sweep.

Stuff like that. Anyway, I don't really play rog, but I think that's how he works in theory fighter haha.

K444WSR

SmokeMaxX said:
Lol, it was semi-considered a joke and semi-serious.

Seriously, don't regular headbutt on wakeup- it sucks. Only ex-headbutt rarely and these are the times when you have Ultra so that you can headbutt-> Ultra. However, most good players will bait this and ultra punish you (or big damage).

Jab a lot, but try to hitconfirm into your bread and butter (jab, jab, short xx headbutt xx Ultra (if you have it). Don't full screen dash anything. You'll get thrown or worse by good players. Never EX from more than half screen. Good players will throw you if you're within footsie distance and you try a random ex move (Balrog's are so easy to throw). If anyone jumps in on you, 90% of the time Rog Cr. fierce is money. Rog has two good jump ins: j. fp for far distance and j. rh for near distance.

Rog has good pressure with frame traps and tick throws. I can't say this enough, jab a ton. Rog's jab is considered one of, if not THE best in the game for multiple reasons. It's tied for the fastest normal in the game, but those that tie with it can't get the easy damage off of it like Rog can. Rog's bread and butter off his jab is like 2-3 frames, maybe even bigger than that. It's pretty ridiculous how easy it is and it does good damage. Rog has a good sweep. So combining the two, you can do jab, jab throw then when you get them to start crouch teching, jab, jab, walk back sweep.

Stuff like that. Anyway, I don't really play rog, but I think that's how he works in theory fighter haha.
Lol...well thanks again. I appreciate the tips (both serious and joke) and will put it into practice.

SmokeMaxX

K444WSR said:
Lol...well thanks again. I appreciate the tips (both serious and joke) and will put it into practice.
Oh I forgot to mention. I don't know how familiar you are with Rog, but I meant cr. jab. Standing jab is great too, but crouching jab is the bane of most people's existences haha.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
_dementia said:
Hater bot is the best shit ever. Pity we have to wait until February for new content.
Real talk. Feb cannot come soon enough. :D
And then a month after, I'll be going to Jamaica mon to have the best vacation ever.

Feel the riddim' feel the rhyme.
I should take a trip there too. Unfortunately I squandered all my vacation time on stupid shit (things like SSFIV release for example). FML.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
_dementia said:
Feel the riddim' feel the rhyme.
I should take a trip there too. Unfortunately I squandered all my vacation time on stupid shit (things like SSFIV release for example). FML.
Shieet, now that's dedication! :D
As long as you had fun with it then its time well spent.
However a true vacation will be a different experience as well. There is always next year. :)

Nonsense ramble: I usually encounter some really good players that I seem to be completely helpless against. One missed block/overhead/throw and I'm in deep shit. How can I improve my game to not be completely free against them? haha. I also hadn't played in a while but regardless, I'm basura. Keep playing endless?
Also, I'm usually a patient player but sometimes I go apeshit. I'm trying to cut back on that. It works at times but definitely not something I want to try against the higher skilled guys.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I have an Arcade stick question:

What kind of stick and buttons are used on an official SF4 cabinet, versus the Madcatz TE stick? After playing on the SF4 Arcade cabinet - my execution was so much better than on my TE, I was wondering what is different about the two? It just felt like the stick was "shorter" or something... I can't put my hands around what felt different about the two.

Anyways just curious if there was something or a way to modify the TE to make it more like the Arcade cabinet stick?

Adam Prime said:
I have an Arcade stick question:

What kind of stick and buttons are used on an official SF4 cabinet, versus the Madcatz TE stick? After playing on the SF4 Arcade cabinet - my execution was so much better than on my TE, I was wondering what is different about the two? It just felt like the stick was "shorter" or something... I can't put my hands around what felt different about the two.

Anyways just curious if there was something or a way to modify the TE to make it more like the Arcade cabinet stick?
If the arcade cabinet stick was shorter, it might have been a seimitsu ls-32. I don't know for sure, but that's what I use and it's shorter than the sanwa parts markman put in the te.

Sometimes I think it's almost uncomfortably short, but it's definitely more in line with the movements I make. Sanwa's comfortable, but I can't deal with the extra draw distance.

Threi

notag
Kaako said:
Nonsense ramble: I usually encounter some really good players that I seem to be completely helpless against. One missed block/overhead/throw and I'm in deep shit. How can I improve my game to not be completely free against them? haha. I also hadn't played in a while but regardless, I'm basura. Keep playing endless?
Also, I'm usually a patient player but sometimes I go apeshit. I'm trying to cut back on that. It works at times but definitely not something I want to try against the higher skilled guys.
Play people better than you who know your patterns. It will force you to adjust (read: learn alternate approaches to your character) if you want to stand a chance. Take that to other players, and you will be able to switch up your game if you get "read".

AkumaHokoru said:
Alright markman. Lets be real about this.

I would sell my first 6 kids for a juri stick.
one of the nice things about TE sticks are the ease of customization
just print out some juri art and buy purple buttons

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Threi said:
Play people better than you who know your patterns. It will force you to adjust (read: learn alternate approaches to your character) if you want to stand a chance. Take that to other players, and you will be able to switch up your game if you get "read".
Thanks Threi, will do.

cHaotix8

SmokeMaxX said:
Good shit Joe. You lost to a great player, but honestly you also lost to some of the scrubbiest Dhalsim tactics. Seriously, crossup TP?

Yeah, I can't believe you fell for that. I get ready to block it anytime I see a fireball coming my way and Dhalsim hasn't thrown out a limb. Still, good shit.

Threi said:

Although, sometimes AZ Greg beats me down so bad I'm not sure I learned anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom