• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
chrisdat said:
gg's Kadey! Sorry about the lag =/ i'm so bad with my st hk to cr lp links now...i used to be able to do it =*(

i dunno what to do against ken's cr mk and f mk...it eats everything i do. i've always had problems against that back in vanilla too.

also, i'm not sure if i'm able to demon your jump in ex tatsu...maybe im doing it too early? yeah prolly...i went under it so many times XD

Yeah. Lag kinda killed some of my combos too. But you were still able to do Akuma's bnb stuff. I've been playing too many regular Akuma players and kept trying to punish whenever you did fadc stuff. I ate way too many of those. I calmed down a bit in the last game.

I was wondering why you kept trying to demon me. Half of the time you end up getting Ultra 2ed. :lol

Great games though. Like I said, we need to play more. I had 50+ matches prior to playing you and I've been pretty beat from the get-go from work so sorry I couldn't play any more matches.

SmokeMaxX said:
What kind of TV/console you play on?
its a xbox stick TV doesnt matter as people have mentioned to me something was off about my stick no matter where. i used to take my stick to the Guard crush tournies as a loaner. most people gave it back after the first match.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
stabicron7 said:
Think its a 5 hit unless you start it with a TKCS then its 6.

This it?

movieb.gif

vissione

Banned
No, it's close standing strong > crouching fierce > crouching forward > roundhouse spiral arrow (2 hits)... adding TKCS to that first makes it 6 hits.

Ploid 3.0

vissione said:
No, it's close standing strong > crouching fierce > crouching forward > roundhouse spiral arrow (2 hits)... adding TKCS to that first makes it 6 hits.

Why do people use these? It even take longer to type than lk lp mp mk hk hp. I just know fierce and round house.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Haken's slide-grab-jump-grab attack screws me up, I swear. In my defense, I never play Haken's often.

That said, Ploid learned that oiling up while I have an Ultra is easy punishment/big damage for me. So he learned to wait until I use my Ultra (really gotta stop being random) and them back me eat Haken's crotch to death. :(

And Dee Jay still pisses me off. Every time I play a Dee Jay it's an uphill battle to my loss. :(

Gotta work on my Criminal Upper Executions. That and throws. Still have yet to be able to throw a throw properly. :/

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
vissione said:

Yeah. You must have insane execution to pull that off in a match. Does it work on certain characters only?
The crouching fierce seems to push away so far so that the forward has no chance of connecting. I can probably do it on a pad but being a beginner with a stick makes it so that I won't be able to pull that off any time soon.

vissione said:

That combo is 4 hits, there is too much push back for the spiral arrow to hit twice, and of course adding TKCS would make it 5 instead. This combo actually does less damage then just doing cr. HP, cr. MK, Spiral arrow(which does do 2 hits). But I guess people do it just because it's more of a crowd pleaser.

SmokeMaxX

Ploid 3.0 said:
Why do people use these? It even take longer to type than lk lp mp mk hk hp. I just know fierce and round house.

It's oldschool terminology and it's elitist, what's not to like? Also, fierce punch sounds so much more badass than heavy punch.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Chavelo said:
Hey yo, Markman. So, just saw your post over at Shoryuken over the sale coming this week...

Just have a quick question. Can I use both my newsletter coupon code and the sale code on the same purchase? :-3

No, codes don't stack, sorry!

Kadey said:
Yeah. You must have insane execution to pull that off in a match. Does it work on certain characters only?

It definitely works on Shoto's, I don't know about others though. And MK Spiral arrow will hit twice? Well I'm going to go and test that out.

EDIT: Oh I see, MK Spiral Arrow only hits once, but for more damage then each individual hit of HK Spiral Arrow. If you trust your execution, that's a lot of damage you can do off a simple TKCS, focus attack, or stun.

A couple quick questions: Are the original set of Madcatz fightpads internally identical to the "Round 2" versions? I want to get one with the sale and all but I'd like to pick my character on the controller unless the Round 2 have improved over the first batch.

Secondly, is there any way to buy a new receiver for the fightpads? The one I had for my old one broke while I was moving (usb plug broke out of plastic) and I am going crazy having to lose going back to a dualshock or my Hori fightstick.

haunts said:
sagat vs guile is really hard. any tips????
I'm such a beginner when it comes to true competitive play that the advice I'm about to give is practically worthless, but I'll say it anyway. A friend of mine plays Sagat and I use guile from time to time, just to relive the older SF days when he was my main. I had the hardest time getting anything done against him due to Sagat just being so damn well rounded in general, so I just started to turtle the shit out of him. I mean, I turtled to the point of boredom, but it was the only way I could squeeze out a win. I tried to be offensive when the opportunity would come up(I'm pretty crafty when it comes to baiting it seems), but more often than not Sagat would beat every move I threw if it weren't a clean hit. So I just turtled. All day. He isn't that good of a player either, but yeah...that's my advice.

Worthless, but it's all I got.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
yeah its the turtling aspect that kills me.. i feel like its so hard to move in against a solid defensive guile, and once he has the life lead he can literally just sit there and just time it out.

this one guile was even air throwing me out of my kara tiger knee which i usually use to punish him if he tries to jump over high slow tigers. :lol

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Get a life lead fast on turtle Guile.
Taunt his turtle ass.
Keep taunting an jumping over sonic booms.
Go apeshit and RTSD in second round.

Also, I gotta stop getting angry when I lose to players around my skill level. I get so fucking mad. For a little I keep up the trash talk, then I stop talking and get really pissed. My game only gets worse and worse. I mean throw and EX Jet Upper spam, no low or high attacks, no combos or punishes bad. On top of that, I turtle.

Usually I can come back and win if I calm down, but I get so fucking salty sometimes.

After losing to some random endless dude by a close chip ko, I got really mad. My execution and mindset went out the window, and I wound up losing another 5 or so times in a row. It doesn't help that we were trash talking the fuck out of each other.

Eventually I calmed down and won pretty solidly, but still. If I can keep myself under control, that'd be the first step to being a better Dudley player. Then, I can worry about improving my focus attacks and link combos.

TheSeks

Kaako said:
GGs PSN Gafchat. Intense freaking matches. This game is definitely a detriment to my health hahaa.

Yeah, good game. Too bad I'm not a challenge for most of you. :lol

haunts said:
yeah its the turtling aspect that kills me.. i feel like its so hard to move in against a solid defensive guile, and once he has the life lead he can literally just sit there and just time it out.

this one guile was even air throwing me out of my kara tiger knee which i usually use to punish him if he tries to jump over high slow tigers. :lol
Yeah, that's honestly what I always resort to doing when I play guile against sagat or ryu. Maybe it's just me, but Guile doesn't seem to have the same type of potentially dominating priority like did back in the day...so I always try and start out offensive, but when the shit hits the fan(and it will in due time), I just sit back a turtle my ass off. I don't even like playing with guile anymore, but I guess I'm in denial and choose him hoping a magical transformation will occur after a certain amount of game hours that turns him into old school guile :^/

Kaako

Felium Defensor
EraldoCoil said:
Dat school keeping me from playing.....

miss you all....lurking like a mother fucker though.
You are missed as well, sir Eraldo.
TheSeks said:
Yeah, good game. Too bad I'm not a challenge for most of you. :lol
Bra...bra...you about my level bra. You played pretty patient and just like me can't tech throw for shit hahaha. Ploid's DJ was getting my sodium levels up though.

anybody going to SCR?

i noticed they are working on a 3v3 tournament, trying to put together a team....

TEAM GAF REPRESENT!!!!

edit: if any of you nor cal guys could pick me up on the way, that would be bad ass.....:lol

i'm lookin at you Haunts.......

sucks being in central cali....lol

Ploid 3.0

Kaako said:
GGs PSN Gafchat. Intense freaking matches. This game is definitely a detriment to my health hahaa.

Dee_Jay22.jpg

Ploid's DJ was getting my sodium levels up though.

Ok now I feel bad. I'm not good vs the other gafs, thought you guys was just toying with me outside of the PP and BP the matches seemed close each time. Forgot who had the awesome dan.

TheSeks

Kaako said:
Bra...bra...you about my level bra. You played pretty patient and just like me can't tech throw for shit hahaha. Ploid's DJ was getting my sodium levels up though.

Dunno about that, your Gen made me eat it as I try to go all out offense and don't block for anything. :lol

And yeah, I can't throw worth crap. Gah. I get in close to start to MP Cody's normal or LP/poke and just eat a throw on that person's wake up (for being close) or punished another way. Gah.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Ploid 3.0 said:
http://www.waktoys.com/images/Dee_Jay22.jpg

Ok now I feel bad. I'm not good vs the other gafs, thought you guys was just toying with me outside of the PP and BP the matches seemed close each time. Forgot who had the awesome dan.
Raaaaage @ the pic haha.
The A.D.D Dan would be mine. I'll rep my boi till I die and I will get a win over that DJ with him one day(I can dream). Then I'll pop a Moet and celebrate to my hearts content.
TheSeks said:
Dunno about that, your Gen made me eat it as I try to go all out offense and don't block for anything. :lol

And yeah, I can't throw worth crap. Gah. I get in close to start to MP Cody's normal or LP/poke and just eat a throw on that person's wake up (for being close) or punished another way. Gah.
Hit up Kadey. She'll show you how to beat my Gen haha.
I suck ass with his other stance so I mostly rely on his first one. This guy online even asked me if I knew Gen had another stance. :lol
That was after I beat his Sagat with my Gen though using only his first stance.

TheSeks

Ploid 3.0 said:
You get in a lot of ultras.

Sand in face

Cody's Ultra 2 for me is "if in doubt/being paniced by being punched in the face repeatedly, mash it out."

Which does scare the other person if it hits. But most of the time it seems "random." (which it is)

I gotta learn to not use the Ultra 2 to "random punish" and more "punish on screw-ups" (like I did when you oiled), which is what it should be attempted for.

And learn when to bad stone. I've kinda stopped Criminal Upper abusing and started abusing sliding/236-LP-ing to sweep/knock down the other person. Which, once they learn whats up makes me eat it promptly.

I gotta stop abusing things. :(

That said, I'm slightly improving... even if I'm splitting my time between casually playing BBCS/SSF4 and joining BC2GAF most of the week. :lol

gibration

EraldoCoil said:
anybody going to SCR?

i noticed they are working on a 3v3 tournament, trying to put together a team....

TEAM GAF REPRESENT!!!!

edit: if any of you nor cal guys could pick me up on the way, that would be bad ass.....:lol

i'm lookin at you Haunts.......

sucks being in central cali....lol
I might go. :D I'm also trying to go to this Arcade Infinity 3v3 tournament this Sunday but I think I am just going to save up my money for SCR instead. How much is it to enter the team tournament at SCR?

EDIT: Log, I need some practice against your Dhalsim. I got my ass kicked at AI today by some Dhalsim and this other player with a godlike Juri.

Also, is there anyone who plays a good Juri on PSN? I need the practice.

Ledsen

AkumaHokoru said:
its a xbox stick TV doesnt matter as people have mentioned to me something was off about my stick no matter where. i used to take my stick to the Guard crush tournies as a loaner. most people gave it back after the first match.

You know if that happens in an arcade they immediately switch the stick out for a new one. At least that's what they do with faulty buttons. So it's not as if the arcade parts never break, you just rarely get the chance to see it.

gibration said:
I might go. :D I'm also trying to go to this Arcade Infinity 3v3 tournament this Sunday but I think I am just going to save up my money for SCR instead. How much is it to enter the team tournament at SCR?

EDIT: Log, I need some practice against your Dhalsim. I got my ass kicked at AI today by some Dhalsim and this other player with a godlike Juri.

Also, is there anyone who plays a good Juri on PSN? I need the practice.

I'm usually on after 10pm on weekdays :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom