• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gutabo

Lost Fragment said:
Makoto can karakusa Honda out of lp headbutt? Amazing.
Not when Honda's considered airborne, otherwise yes, even with MP and HP headbutt. Honda is only invincible on the EX headbutt startup.

Makoto can karakusa cammy out of her cannon drill. It's not that hard against predictable cammys, and it looks really weird!

Threi

notag
God's Beard said:
Although, sometimes AZ Greg beats me down so bad I'm not sure I learned anything.
You learn stuff from those sessions though. Personally with deejay i would throw out random sobats hoping to catch stuff (which i still do :p), just now i try to be more aware of spacing and whether or not it would actually work because poorly spaced it will get punished every time.

Joekage

Yeah, I can't believe I fell for it either. The nerves got to me. The one super combo he did caught me by surprise because I moved forward so I was sure he would be on the other side, but yeah, it was mainly nerves and me beating myself up after the first round when I let him out of the corner.

Got a little too antsy and didn't adjust and that's why I lost. Lesson for another day.

Threi said:
You learn stuff from those sessions though. Personally with deejay i would throw out random sobats hoping to catch stuff (which i still do :p), just now i try to be more aware of spacing and whether or not it would actually work because poorly spaced it will get punished every time.

yeah, playing greg has made more careful about my spacing. One whiff poke = df roundhouse to the face. But I still lose to him 99% of the time.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
gutabo said:
Not when Honda's considered airborne, otherwise yes, even with MP and HP headbutt. Honda is only invincible on the EX headbutt startup.

Makoto can karakusa cammy out of her cannon drill. It's not that hard against predictable cammys, and it looks really weird!
took dic out of psycho once

Threi said:

And Greg keeps getting better, too -_-

Every week he's got new setups and better punishes. It's all I can do to maintain our skill gap. One of these days, though.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Hi all!

Looking for a new stick?

Special Mad Catz promo sale. Starting tommorrow, Tuesday the 28th!

---

9/28 - 10/6: Mad Catz Sale - 20-30% FightSticks + $100 F/S Round 2 TE!

NOTE: THIS ONLINE PROMOTION IS ONLY VALID FROM SEPT. 28 - OCT. 6, 2010!

ALSO NOTE, ONLY ONE COUPON CODE CAN BE USED AT A TIME! IF YOU WANT TO GET A DISCOUNT ON BOTH A SUPER STREET FIGHTER ORDER AND/OR A REGULAR TE STICK ORDER, FIGHTPAD/SE FIGHTSTICK YOU WILL HAVE TO CREATE SEPARATE ORDERS!

This weekend, Mad Catz (MarkMan) will be wandering around Los Angeles for the World Cyber Games Grand Finals ! Some of the best gamers from all around the world will be in attendance! We'll also be cheering on the finalists for the critically aclaimed prime time reality TV show on the SyFy channel: WCG Ultimate Gamer 2!

Right now on our GameShark Store, take advantage of 20-30% off all fighting game related products! Use coupon code SUPERWCG (case sensitive) for 20% off all new Super Street Fighter IV Arcade FightSticks and FightPads (including the NEW Chun-Li TE "S")! Use coupon code WCGGF for even more savings with 30% off all fighting game related products (excluding parts & Super SFIV products).

Also to celebrate the weekend, the GameShark store has another deal for Fighting Game fans! By using coupon code ROUND2 you save $50 on both the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 models of the Street Fighter IV ROUND 2 Arcade TE FightSticks! We're also throwing in FREE GROUND SHIPPING! Don't miss out on your chance to own one of these highly regarded, award-winning SFIV controllers!

These promos expire end of day Monday, Oct. 6th!

Make sure to follow us on Facebook and twitter for more deals & promotions in the future!

Also follow MarkMan on twitter for a chance to get some free swag (shirts, sticks, keychains + more) while at the event!
Hello everyone! MarkMan here with another discount for the gaming community <3 !

There will be another special Mad Catz Store ( http://store.gameshark.com ) promotion going on this week/weekend!

We will be doing 20-30% off certain products!

The 20%* OFF Super Street Fighter IV includes the following... CODE = SUPERWCG

SS44738_ChunLi.jpg
SS48838_ChunLi.jpg

SS44738_WHITE.jpg
SS48838_BLACK.jpg

88280_RYU.jpg
47280_JURI.jpg

• Super Street Fighter IV - Chun-Li Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition 'S' for PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360
  • Super Street Fighter IV Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition 'S' in Black & White for PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360
  • Super Street Fighter IV FightPad (Juri, Ken, Ryu, T. Hawk) for PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360

The 30%* OFF** product list includes the following... CODE = WCGGF

TVC5718.jpg
MV2-4738.jpg

4738.gif
4718.gif
4728-guile.jpg

• Tatsunoko VS. Capcom Arcade FightStick for Wii
  • MARVEL VS CAPCOM 2 Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition for Xbox 360
  • Street Fighter IV Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition (Round 1) for PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360
  • Street Fighter IV Arcade FightStick (Standard Edition) for PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360
  • Street Fighter IV FightPad (Round 1) for PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360
  • Street Fighter IV "Round 2" FightPad for PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360

The $50* OFF** & INCLUDES FREE GROUND SHIPPING! ... CODE = ROUND2
SF4-RD2-4738.jpg

• Street Fighter IV "Round 2" Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition for PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360

Also, check out our range of Mad Catz FightStick Parts. Currently we have dust cover sets (with the arrowed design) and bezels for the Tournament Edition sticks. With MORE to come!

stick_shaft_dust_cyan.jpg
stick_bezel_lightpurple.jpg

• FightStick Parts - Dust Cover Set (13 different colors)
  • FightStick Parts - Bezel (13 different colors)
  • Sanwa JLF Joystick
  • Sanwa OBSF-30 Pushbuttons
  • Sanwa OBSF-24 Pushbuttons

59900_434721063882_507353882_5225431_930220_n.jpg

Check out my modded Chun-Li TE 'S' ! Modded with a Cthulhu to work on both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Yellow Mad Catz bezel. Clear Mad Catz dust washer & shaft cover set. Swapped out the default Sanwa buttons for the blue (6) and yellow (2) scheme. Yellow Sanwa LB-35 ball top. &#9829;

The only thing I'm not doing right now is wearing my Mad Catz shirt! BTW, look at Kayane rockin' her limited edition Chun-Li FightStick and wearing the LE Chun-Li inspired shirt!

60435_478865160235_245509115235_7156626_4924458_n.jpg

NOTE: Mad Catz does not condone/advise you to modify your sticks/therefore voiding your warranty.

26584_328774448882_507353882_3611114_1721972_n.jpg

37290_402649548882_507353882_4431258_7427095_n.jpg

Also NEW to our web store is the LIMITED EDITION shirt inspired by legendary fighting game player, Daigo "THE BEAST" Umehara...

TShirt-TeamMad.jpg

• Team Mad Catz T-Shirt (Available in S, M, L, XL, 2XL)

For a shirt size chart, please reference this link.

* Offer available to continental US residents only (Sorry International buyers! Plan ahead and see if a US buddy can help you with this deal)!
** Deal not valid for Super Street Fighter IV Products

THIS DEAL IS LIVE TUESDAY, SEPT. 28!

ALSO! Sign up for our GameShark Newsletter! Receive the latest updates on all our sales/promos! Signing up for the newsletter will get you 10% off your next purchase.

14847152057bd99ec71a07a.jpg

9/28 - 10/6: Mad Catz Sale - 20-30% FightSticks + $100 F/S Round 2 TE!

I just wrecked by Banana Ken. I was able to put up a good fight in the first round. 2nd round I was downloaded.

I'm sure he has tons of experience playing with PR Rawg. fight Ken though.

AZ Greg

Threi said:
protip for beating lvl 75 spaniard boss:

pick rufus and spam focus

Fuuuu

But seriously, I've said it before, and I know it's easier said than done, but it's all about pressuring Vega. Which is why Rufus/Cammy (Among others) can give him so much trouble. Most people end up playing passively against me after they see my style which just plays right into what I was trying to get you to do. And of course, in addition to not taking advantage of his biggest weakness, you're putting yourself in a position where he is just going to be able to excel with pokes. Gotta get in on that ass.

Or just do what Threi said. :(

Also, discovered some new corner mix-ups last night. :)

DIRTY-D

MarkMan said:
lol.

Customize your TE 'S' !

Yo Mark,

you guys seriously need to consider a family Viewlix arcade cabinet Madcatz style.

If Madcatz could take things to the next level...this would be it.

You guys changed everything with the introduction of the TE stick on the market. Now bring out the big guns. Make a affordable Viewlix clone that could be ordered or bought in big chain stores. that would bring in the big bucks. (of course this would just be the shell)

There is a dude in Texas making Viewlix clone kits for 385.00 and he is making bank on this!

Yo Mark,

When you gonna make a Korean stick w/ Fanta parts.
Your site is called SDTEKKEN and you gonna make Sanwa sticks?

Threi

notag
speaking of fanta sticks, there's been something that i've been wondering about:

Myoungshin%20Fanta%20Stick%20Black-500x500.jpg

that bigass black thing is supposed to be a dustwasher or something right? If so:

s6303919.png

How does this stick even move?

fucking korean sticks how do they work

XenoRaven said:
A post on this page has just convinced a poster on this forum to buy a yellow border thingy for his Chun-Li stick.
I wish you could buy replacement side bits.

I don't like the wings of the OG TE, I'd love the TES slim look!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
_dementia said:
Yo Mark,

When you gonna make a Korean stick w/ Fanta parts.
Your site is called SDTEKKEN and you gonna make Sanwa sticks?

LOL!

DIRTY-D said:
Yo Mark,

you guys seriously need to consider a family Viewlix arcade cabinet Madcatz style.

You guys changed everything with the introduction of the TE stick on the market. Now bring out the big guns. Make a affordable Viewlix clone that could be ordered or bought in big chain stores. that would bring in the big bucks. (of course this would just be the shell)

There is a dude in Texas making Viewlix clone kits for 385.00 and he is making bank on this!

I don't think we'd be making bank. But don't think the thought hasn't crossed my mind.

Ledsen

Adam Prime said:
I have an Arcade stick question:

What kind of stick and buttons are used on an official SF4 cabinet, versus the Madcatz TE stick? After playing on the SF4 Arcade cabinet - my execution was so much better than on my TE, I was wondering what is different about the two? It just felt like the stick was "shorter" or something... I can't put my hands around what felt different about the two.

Anyways just curious if there was something or a way to modify the TE to make it more like the Arcade cabinet stick?

They're supposed to be the exact same parts. Personally I never felt any difference.

eissan

black_vegeta said:
I just wrecked by Banana Ken. I was able to put up a good fight in the first round. 2nd round I was downloaded.

I'm sure he has tons of experience playing with PR Rawg. fight Ken though.

funny story regarding banana ken.

when I was at evo this year he was the second guy I played and I had no clue who the hell he was :D. I was super confident I won my first match that I went in there and got beat 4 rounds to none(no perfects though :p).

I want to play him again! you should invite him to a gaf endless :D

Its almost the same parts. if anything the viewlix parts are designed for excessive torture (being built for an arcade cabinet but configured for home use) if you've ever been to an arcade the parts there go through insane amounts of abuse no home stick can take the abuse an arcade cabinet can take. the viewlix's parts are sturdier heavier and more responsive

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
AkumaHokoru said:
Its almost the same parts. if anything the viewlix parts are designed for excessive torture (being built for an arcade cabinet but configured for home use) if you've ever been to an arcade the parts there go through insane amounts of abuse no home stick can take the abuse an arcade cabinet can take. the viewlix's parts are sturdier heavier and more responsive

lol at this post...

VEWLIX, btw.

They're Sanwa OBSF-30s. They take the same amount of beating, doesn't matter if it's in a TE or VLX.

The only difference is if they were Sanwa RG buttons, but they aren't.

Come on guys :/

EDIT - Also the TE uses the exact same parts as an actual Vewlix cabinet too, btw.

MarkMan said:
lol at this post...

VEWLIX, btw.

They're Sanwa OBSF-30s. They take the same amount of beating, doesn't matter if it's in a TE or VLX.

The only difference is if they were Sanwa RG buttons, but they aren't.

Come on guys :/

EDIT - Also the TE uses the exact same parts as an actual Vewlix cabinet too, btw.
I want to be nice and agree with this but my stick acts iffy and i dont even abuse it that much no one borrows my stick because its slightly off in the reaction catagory its like I notice it too but i have no money to tune it up so its a stock TE-2 and I havent even had it that long so for it to be unresponsive is very odd.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Kadey said:
Why you got to be all ghetto Farms? Wearing flip flops to a tournament. FOB. :lol

That's not the worse part, the worse part is he has to play with himself on camera for people to upload to Youtube. :lol

I need to get into GAF Endless this weekend and have my ass kicked. I need to start learning to throw. I never do it. *sgh*

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
TheSeks said:
That's not the worse part, the worse part is he has to play with himself on camera for people to upload to Youtube. :lol

I need to get into GAF Endless this weekend and have my ass kicked. I need to start learning to throw. I never do it. *sgh*

I don't even want to know.

Let's start a fundraiser for Give Farms some new sneaks.

Today is not my day. It's one of those days where I'm so tired but restless and I'm still playing the game. Getting blown up using Seth. :lol Hitting people like a billion times but it only takes them half the effort to kill me.

Ploid 3.0

Threi said:
some of dem deejay combos:
[IMtp://www.abload.de/img/combo1sm_4io8a.gif[/IMG]
[Ihttp://www.abload.de/img/combo2sm_4vssr.gif[/IMG]

and me trying and failing at performing dash ultra...this shit is borderline impossible. I try and try and try until i get headaches, and can never pull it off:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kRNd419Jqw

That's some awesome DJ stuff. Wish I could do it, but first the basics, trying to do the cr.lp x2-3 without dropping the combo which could be punished hard in gaf endless rooms. I just gave up on cr.lp > cr.mp into ex machine gun upper

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
AkumaHokoru said:
I want to be nice and agree with this but my stick acts iffy and i dont even abuse it that much no one borrows my stick because its slightly off in the reaction catagory its like I notice it too but i have no money to tune it up so its a stock TE-2 and I havent even had it that long so for it to be unresponsive is very odd.
Switch set to DP? If it is and it's still feeling unresponsive, then it's probably a problem in the internals... Maybe you got a bad PCB or wiring got loose.

RE: Arcade cabs. As far as I can tell, Vewlix panels come with Sanwa JLFs and OBSFs if you don't opt for the panel alone BUT, parts get swapped out in active arcades so often that you may be playing on any mix of Sanwa/Seimitsu. If you feel like the stick is tighter than a JLF then yeah, it's probably an LS-32... though parts can feel really different simply because hundreds of people play on them all day (way more broken in than a home stick will ever get) and when bolted down to a surface that's not going anywhere - when in doubt, ask your friendly neighborhood arcade operator. :p

GG's Eissan.

If I were to critique your Roo, you wakeup DP alot (TimeDog style). Opening yourself up for big punishment as you saw. Otherwise than that, fun matches.

Sorry I had to run, wife wanted to watch some TV.

chrisdat

anyone down for a first to 10 on PSN? im a bit rusty so sorry in advance (^_^*) my psn id is: chrisdat

ill just sit there 'til someone sends an invite XD

Ploid 3.0

How awesome are you? With gaf "I'm a bit rusty" means they can only pull off 30 hit combos 93% of the time. Well until after 3 matches, then it clicks again and they're back to relentless beating. Check gafchat psn, stay away from Floydnova.

eissan

black_vegeta said:
GG's Eissan.

If I were to critique your Roo, you wakeup DP alot (TimeDog style). Opening yourself up for big punishment as you saw. Otherwise than that, fun matches.

Sorry I had to run, wife wanted to watch some TV.

thanks! I know that is my issue(have known in EVERY sf game I've played). my issue is what is the best way to stop it? I've tried to consciously tell my self dont DP but I cant seem to shake it :(.

bah!!

SmokeMaxX

AkumaHokoru said:
What kind of TV/console you play on?

Chavelo

Hey yo, Markman. So, just saw your post over at Shoryuken over the sale coming this week...

Just have a quick question. Can I use both my newsletter coupon code and the sale code on the same purchase? :-3

Fraeon

Just out of curiosity: can you do an auto-correct U1 with Dee Jay the same way you can do it with Boxer? Against crossup copters and the like.

I mean, by the end of the day, it does seem I'd like U1 more after all. It's nice to have a beefy damage ultra but it's even to have something that shuts down an opponent's options.

cHaotix8

Fraeon said:
Just out of curiosity: can you do an auto-correct U1 with Dee Jay the same way you can do it with Boxer? Against crossup copters and the like.

I mean, by the end of the day, it does seem I'd like U1 more after all. It's nice to have a beefy damage ultra but it's even to have something that shuts down an opponent's options.

Honestly, you'd be better off just blocking.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Awesome Akuma you have there Chris. Thanks for using me as a punching bag. :lol

There aren't too many great Akumas on GAF so it was refreshing. I kinda stopped blocking in the middle games. Those mixups are brutal.

I definitely need to play more people like you to get better though. Especially since I use Akuma too.

Ploid 3.0

Fraeon said:

I have been sticking to U1 too, I did a auto correct ultra 1 on a ken that tried to cross me up but with a normal attack and not a Hurricane Kick. It was all luck, I didn't intend for it to auto correct.

chrisdat

Kadey said:
Kadey1up.

gg's Kadey! Sorry about the lag =/ i'm so bad with my st hk to cr lp links now...i used to be able to do it =*(

i dunno what to do against ken's cr mk and f mk...it eats everything i do. i've always had problems against that back in vanilla too.

also, i'm not sure if i'm able to demon your jump in ex tatsu...maybe im doing it too early? yeah prolly...i went under it so many times XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom