• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gutabo

Threi said:
ya boy threi is MOVIN ON UP

mymovie_1xpd6.gif

best part is it wasn't a one time thing, did it several times...hopefully it isn't a one day fluke though
Congrats Threi! I tried to do the dash ultra and you were right, it's easier to do Guile's flashkick FADC Sonic Hurricane than that piece of crap dash ultra... more power to you!

Threi said:
ya boy threi is MOVIN ON UP

mymovie_1xpd6.gif

best part is it wasn't a one time thing, did it several times...hopefully it isn't a one day fluke though

Hey, whenever I do the dash ultra i always double tap the 3p, since it's a ultra you get 4 inputs (press, release, press, release) so it makes the timing a little easier after the dash, dunno if it'll help you out any, but it makes the execution looser for me.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Hello Fight GAF,
I am finding myself more perturbed than usual by playing randoms online. Last night I faced off against a good Cody (around 15k), who joined my lobby several times because he realised I was... well, maybe free is too harsh. Let's just say on sale. I was being kinda clumsy defending against cross-ups, and the slight lag didn't help, excuses, etc. etc.

Anyway, when different people finally managed to get in, I found I was much more in control. But lo and behold, two consecutive chumps go and rage quit on me before I snag the win. One was during an Ultra animation just before KO, but the other the guy just stood there with half health, giving me time to back off slowly, taunt, walk back in and do a combo before he left somewhat graciously :lol

I just don't get it. I want to relax and enjoy even ranked matches, but people sure do love to make it hard. I'm thinking of picking up Super on PS3 so I can check out the other online scene. Is this a worthwhile idea?
I have a USB keyboard, so it'd be great to battle with any PAL peeps on GAFchat.

Cheers.

Dartastic

black_vegeta said:
GG's Dartastic.
For sure. I definitely think I'm getting a bit better, but... ya know. Did you notice anything crappy about my play that I should really focus on? I know I need to be hitting those insta axe kicks more often, and quicker for sure. Keep the pressure up.
Lyte Edge said:
Didn't expect online play in the first place, but it's still disappointing that it's not there nonetheless. Also 35 characters shown, with the current crop of alternate outfits.

The 3DS isn't coming out until next year...why not base this port on SSF4 Arcade Edition?
The Arcade thing is a bit weird for sure, but online play is supposed to be included.

Jin34

Lyte Edge said:
Did you guys see the new trailer for SSF4 3D Edition on 3DS?

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/japanese-debut-super-street/705392

Didn't expect online play in the first place, but it's still disappointing that it's not there nonetheless. Also 35 characters shown, with the current crop of alternate outfits.

The 3DS isn't coming out until next year...why not base this port on SSF4 Arcade Edition?

I'm pretty sure it has online play too.

USD

Momochi advances to the next round.

Was hoping for Acqua, but since he got destroyed by both Momochi and Kindevu, rather have a Ken than another Cammy.

Dartastic said:
For sure. I definitely think I'm getting a bit better, but... ya know. Did you notice anything crappy about my play that I should really focus on? I know I need to be hitting those insta axe kicks more often, and quicker for sure. Keep the pressure up.

I honestly couldn't tell you what to do using Mak. I know when I play Lost Fragment, he does that insta axe kick often and he's on point with his links.

Maybe you can ask him on some pointers for your Mak.

B-Genius said:
Hello Fight GAF,
I am finding myself more perturbed than usual by playing randoms online. Last night I faced off against a good Cody (around 15k), who joined my lobby several times because he realised I was... well, maybe free is too harsh. Let's just say on sale. I was being kinda clumsy defending against cross-ups, and the slight lag didn't help, excuses, etc. etc.

Anyway, when different people finally managed to get in, I found I was much more in control. But lo and behold, two consecutive chumps go and rage quit on me before I snag the win. One was during an Ultra animation just before KO, but the other the guy just stood there with half health, giving me time to back off slowly, taunt, walk back in and do a combo before he left somewhat graciously :lol

I just don't get it. I want to relax and enjoy even ranked matches, but people sure do love to make it hard. I'm thinking of picking up Super on PS3 so I can check out the other online scene. Is this a worthwhile idea?
I have a USB keyboard, so it'd be great to battle with any PAL peeps on GAFchat.

Cheers.

That's your problem right there. Ranked tends to be more cutthroat because PP & BP is so damn precious to everyone. Enjoy some endless with people you're likely to have good matches against. Like, people aroudn the same skill level, your friends, gaffers, etc.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
the_log_ride said:
That's your problem right there. Ranked tends to be more cutthroat because PP & BP is so damn precious to everyone. Enjoy some endless with people you're likely to have good matches against. Like, people aroudn the same skill level, your friends, gaffers, etc.

Oh hey man. GG the other night. You wrecked my scrubby Chun. :lol

SoulFist

Anybody up for some matches on the 360? I play Cody and Ibuki, but can play other characters if you're looking for matches against a certain character.

GT: SoulFist7

gibration

B-Genius said:
I'm thinking of picking up Super on PS3 so I can check out the other online scene. Is this a worthwhile idea?

Cheers.
Do it.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I fought a Daigo imposter on PSN last night. Think it was "gameinnps-JP". He did perfect me though and was over 10k BP...hmm

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
And now it's time for another edition of Lost Fragment's Not-So-Pro Tips®.

If you're losing online to people you don't think you should be losing to, then it might be because you're giving them too much credit. Don't try to fix a gameplan that isn't broken unless they give you a reason to do so.

gutabo

Lost Fragment said:
And now it's time for another edition of Lost Fragment's Not-So-Pro Tips®.

If you're losing online to people you don't think you should be losing to, then it might be because you're giving them too much credit. Don't try to fix a gameplan that isn't broken unless they give you a reason to do so.
2dv8voj.gif

Sorry, I had to, your makoto rules!

gutabo said:
More details please, can't watch the stream at work!

Just prematch trolling talk. Henry Cen saying mirror matches are not 5 - 5 when he is playing, Kuma trolling Henry, Racial talk, Taking condiment packets from McDonalds for their own restaurant and arcades buying Super Street Fighter Arcade edition (2 versions; Japan & International).

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Kaijima said:
Why the angry face? I thought patch updating is what we wanted to see rather than Capcom go back on their word and release another disc based edition?

That's what I mean. _dementia is hinting at Ono trolling all of us and going "LOL NOPE.AVI" to a patch. I don't want that to happen. I want to drag Capcom through the mud to the light of patching in content.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Henry Cen is going all out today with the commentary. Nobody is safe. :lol

Aquasilk- "Yo Henry, why you always talkin shit yo?" :lol

Watching more U.S Cammy play, I have even more respect for Sako. It seems like no one can even get his combo down half of the time besides his mixups and pace is on another level.

I'll be reppin the Ken army along with Momochi! One of the PSN GAF matches from yesterday.

Movie.gif

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I've never seen Henry Cen like this. He must drunk or something. :lol

Everybody is saying Art and the girl in the back are texting each other. :lol

dexjy1.jpg

zlatko

Banned
Guard Crush is great right now. :D

I finally played the game again today after a long hiatus from so many games coming out and me getting a new PC to catch up on Starcraft 2. Tons of Halo Reach, Final Fantasy 14, and a few randoms.

Lost my first game really close, but scooped up all victories after that. I was feeling hype.

:( I was trying to clear room to install Reach, and I picked the wrong data for SSF4 so I lost all my icons/titles/colors/taunts/etc. Glad I have the achievements to prove I did them all, but it really sucks having a naked cast again after having worked hard to get all that stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom