• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satyamdas

Banned
TheFightingFish said:
Yeah, so it happened a few days ago in GodsGarden and has probably already been discussed, but man the mago comeback on sako in the round linked below is just nuts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq_k696G7-8#t=5m55s

Was Sako just trying to finish things off in an amusing fashion by going for that throw after the stun?
I don't think Sako was trying to clown with that throw. After Mago missed w/ his ultra Sako did a level 3 focus, a 3 hit combo which dizzied Fei, then another level 3 focus. The scaling starts from that first level 3 focus and is multiplied by the combo, the dizzy, and the focus. Which is why Sako was credited by the game with a 6 hit combo after the throw. So the scaling on anything done after that 2nd focus would have rendered any long combo useless, as you can see by how little damage the throw did. I'm pretty sure he just wanted an untechable knockdown so he could set something up, unfortunately for him his crossup lk got lit up by Fei's dp.

I think if Sako had done a TKCS, st.hp xx hk cannon spike after the dizzy he would've killed him or at least brought him down to a pixel, but I can understand his reason for just taking the throw at that point.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Shoutouts to AZ Greg trolling the fuck out of dudes in my lobby right now.

Dartastic said:
Nice games, Greg, Lost. The last few matches I just wasn't playing my best, for sure. Sorry. Anyway, what advice do you have for me Lost? Which feint are you using to move forward like that to Karakusa? There was that one time you grabbed me three times in a row... absolutely insane. I also know that I do have to work on my links... I'm sure if I got that my game would be way better.

I couldn't give you much of a critique today tbh. Started taking some new sleeping medication last night and I slept like 15 hours today, so my brain is sorta on autopilot. Sorry.

Not saying it could be a replacement for the standard side view, but the angled 2D mode should work better than it normally has in the past if what Nintendo says is true to the extent they say. Judging distance and angle is said to be much better due to the added depth, so this should be a nice way to test it. It's pretty much a worst case scenario way of playing street fighter, so if it is even remotely functional, I'd say it is a big step forward and a great bullet point for doubters of what 3D can add to a game.

According to my player data, Dan is my worst matchup, with a 33% win rate. Dan Knee is too godlike.

More importantly, I finally got a chance to use the focus reset I got watching Marn :D

dscf30736a0d.gif

Thanks for the better host STG!

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Dartastic said:
Nice games, Greg, Lost. The last few matches I just wasn't playing my best, for sure. Sorry. Anyway, what advice do you have for me Lost? Which feint are you using to move forward like that to Karakusa? There was that one time you grabbed me three times in a row... absolutely insane. I also know that I do have to work on my links... I'm sure if I got that my game would be way better.

I will say that you might press buttons on wakeup too much though. 7 times out of 10, db is her best wakeup option.

So I played a guy at my college yesterday for some casuals, and it was a mess. We were dropping simple combos left and right. Which is terrible because we're going to a tourney Saturday evening.
Today, my Sakura's links were on point, but her play was ugh. And I've only played Bison like, 10 times this week (all but two were during my casual session yesterday). I suck at preparing for tournaments. :lol

hitsugi

Kadey said:
Blanka is so annoying to play against using Seth. Almost impossible to do air stuff.

Blanka is just annoying period.

We should have GAF blanka nights or something where we all join some poor fools lobby and Blanka the shit out of him.

XenoRaven

hitsugi said:

We should have GAF blanka nights or something where we all join some poor fools lobby and Blanka the shit out of him.
:lol

Normally I'm not one for trolling but I am on board with that idea.

Dexa

Banned
hitsugi said:

Shotos are just annoying period.

We should have GAF shoto nights or something where we all join some poor fools lobby and lame the shit out of him.

ow wait - thats sf4s metagame which forces people to play blanka.

KAL2006

Banned
hitsugi said:

I already do that anyway, I even put in lots of taunts and head bites just to piss the opponents off :lol

Dartastic

Lost Fragment said:
I will say that you might press buttons on wakeup too much though. 7 times out of 10, db is her best wakeup option.
Word. I'll keep that in mind, and maybe later when you're less addled you can beat my ass some more. :p

_dementia said:
The release schedule has been posted?
10/26/10 $4/320Microsoft Points - Hakan, Makoto, Guy, Dudley, DeeJay
11/02/10 $4/320Microsoft Points - Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Gouken, Dan
11/16/10 $4/320Microsoft Points - Chun-Li, C. Viper, Sakura, Rose, Cammy
12/21/10 $4/320Microsoft Points - Juri, Ibuki, Cody, Adon, T.Hawk
01/18/11 $4/320Microsoft Points - Zangief, E.Honda, Rufus, Abel, El Fuerte
02/15/11 $4/320Microsoft Points - Vega, Sagat, Balrog, Bison, Seth
03/15/11 $4/320Microsoft Points - Guile, Blanka, Dhalsim, Fei Long, Gen
04/26/11 $18/1,440Microsoft Points - All Characters

KAL2006

Banned
dragonballjoseph said:
Yup. The get the original alts, you have to get it from SF4 rather than SSF4.

there is complete pack for the original alts from SF4, but what about the 2nd set of alts introduced in SSF4, is there a complete pack for the 2nd set of alts.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
so why are they doing this towards the fans that want to buy them? This is absolutetely moronic, it's not like they can act like the alts aren't done already....

depths20XX

Corky said:
so why are they doing this towards the fans that want to buy them? This is absolutetely moronic, it's not like they can act like the alts aren't done already....

I don't get it either. They will probably make more money doing this timed release shit though. People buy a couple of the early packs, then, by the time the 'all character' pack comes it isn't even a value to buy it since you've bought a few of the other packs already.

Corky said:
It probably makes good business sense, as depths20XX explained

dat fight money

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Dartastic said:
Goddamn, I really have a hard time dealing with lots of pressure as Makoto. Really rough to get out of.

1. Reset ssf4
2. pick a good character
3. ????
4. profit
5. Huddle in a corner and cry cuz I keep trying to be good with her

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom