• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
GGs to Eva01

I was very, very slowly building a good gameplan, I think :lol

Definitely lost a lot of games due to impatience. Too many unsafe ducking attempts for sure.

Every time you safe-jumped in, my mind was screaming "DUCK! DUCKING YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER!", but my hands were all like "dude, jet uppercut is legit." But it isn't.

I kept messing up EX Cross Counter, U2 because I have a bad habit of rolling my fingers to do ultras, so I got EX JU a lot :-(

Your style is very safe, so I recognized a lot of my own executional errors, especially my mistimed meaties. I also learned a lot about properly implementing forward fierce as an anti-poke. Short Swing Blow sucks.

Other than that, I can definitely work on my execution, since I finally, begrudgingly, started using hit confirms over just high/low, straight into the combo. Dudley's not close enough all the time to make use of cLK and the overhead.

Thanks for the games, I learned infinitely more about Dudley from fighting your Ken today than I ever have fighting AZ Greg :lol

gutabo

From this thread:

Seems like the 3DS version will have another mode, 3rd person 3D mode:
TEOUr4C2yj9frJciNgi7bYAuWWr9z7ac

AZ Greg

God's Beard said:
Thanks for the games, I learned infinitely more about Dudley from fighting your Ken today than I ever have fighting AZ Greg :lol

:(

MarkMan, you need to get to work on a TE for the 3DS! :p

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Chun-Li FightStick ?

CHECK.

59900_434721063882_507353882_5225431_930220_n.jpg

Chun-Li stick shirt ?

CHECK. (That's Kayane btw, not me. lol).

60435_478865160235_245509115235_7156626_4924458_n.jpg

Chun-Li Nike SBs?

CHECK.

61603_436281128882_507353882_5258026_8246986_n.jpg

61539_436422568882_507353882_5260112_1124650_n.jpg

YATTA!

I haven't played this in a really long time, need to sort my gaming priorities out.

Loving all the Chun-li stuff, I wish they did those dunks over here in the UK, would love a pair.

Who won the tournament last night?

Played a little bit tonight (last night) until 4AM, with a couple of well respected guys from tourneys all over

They guys all said I was extremely good for where I'm at, with a good range of characters, and my reactions and memorization and quick learning are really naturally excellent.

They <3 me. I feel so big headed.

They all suggested I play online more and game me their gamertags.

Then I remembered: I Go to a horrible university with no decent internet options for online play :(

BitchTits

Lost Fragment said:
And now it's time for another edition of Lost Fragment's Not-So-Pro Tips®.

If you're losing online to people you don't think you should be losing to, then it might be because you're giving them too much credit. Don't try to fix a gameplan that isn't broken unless they give you a reason to do so.
So true. Sometimes they seem physic, but just stopping and not doing anything (but blocking) will solve this - and allow your opponent to continue doing random magic EX dragon punches (because, you know, it's always a shoto :lol ) aaaaaaaaaaaand punish.

They weren't psychic, they're just twitchy and do anything at any time!

Axis

must resist the urge to buy those fucking sb's...goddammit

and i STILL want that fucking TE...markman, can i trade you my soul for one?

XenoRaven

I've given up resisting at this point. Those are bought when I get home. Probably the Akuma ones too because I like the "Heaven" symbol on the back.

nycfurby

Dhalsim's Max CPM Emporium
Kadey said:
Why you so sad?

Who won the tournament? I think the last match I saw was between Aqua and Andre.

i meant exposed cause you were being paparazzi and screencapping my sexting

Hitokage said:
I just noticed that the people in the background of that 3DS screenshot are cardboard cutouts.
One of the first things I noticed. I was looking to see if they took any iPhone port esque shortcuts with art assets.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
nycfurby said:
i meant exposed cause you were being paparazzi and screencapping my sexting

But that doesn't explain why you look so sad during the tournament.

Somebody said Kuma was at the tourney? Where was he when I was watching it?

ACE 1991 said:
:lol Good eye. Here's to hopping those are placeholder.

Placeholders seems like a good bet. But I actually think that the 3D effect could actually look really spiffy with background elements that were just 2D sprites separated by some Z-Order distance. From my admittedly small experience with 3D glasses 2D layered elements really pop out at the user. You can end up getting a really nice parallax effect as the screen scrolls back and forth with the fighters. Just my somewhat odd opinion though.

eva01

God's Beard said:
GGs to Eva01

Definitely good games God's Beard. I was somewhat picking up your habits but for some reason I kept missing so many combos. Standing jab kept whiffing for some reason or my timing was off.

Dudley - Akuma is such a fun matchup :D

FUCK RAGE QUITTERS I WANT MY POINTS

Anti-Demon Flip Corkscrew Cross breaks through the internet and rapes people's routers.

eva01 said:
Definitely good games God's Beard. I was somewhat picking up your habits but for some reason I kept missing so many combos. Standing jab kept whiffing for some reason or my timing was off.

Dudley has a big hitbox like Sagat so maybe you were underestimating your range? My execution goal for now is to stop dropping BnBs at the roundhouse after hit confirms. I double-tap the RH button with my forefinger and middle finger, so I mess up a lot moving back to MP and FP for the EX MGB.

As for my habits... yeah, I'm definitely a training mode Dudley. Baits and such are something I definitely need to work on.

Kadey said:
But that doesn't explain why you look so sad during the tournament.

Somebody said Kuma was at the tourney? Where was he when I was watching it?
you werent watching the whole tourney then. tsk tsk for shame.

AkumaHokoru said:
you werent watching the whole tourney then. tsk tsk for shame.

Speaking of the tourney, who won? Kuma, you were cracking me up Pre-snap. You and Henry Cen need a TS comedy hour. Just have Spooky throw up the green screen and Mystery Science Theater stuff with you two offending each other.

MiniBossBattle said:
Speaking of the tourney, who won? Kuma, you were cracking me up Pre-snap. You and Henry Cen need a TS comedy hour. Just have Spooky throw up the green screen and Mystery Science Theater stuff with you two offending each other.
Arturo Won
MiniBossBattle said:
Now that I think about it, HE DID (something about Juri's ultra and yun getting better moves/ultra than Juri).
To be fair this was more hating aimed at yun and yang than bitching about juri.
Threi said:
dude was talking about some final fantasy boss
This was in reference to sanford having to fight 2 hondas in a row with two different playstyles.

Kadey said:
Give her a command throw Ultra and give her more links/combos.

And good for Art winning. :D
Reduce some of the retarded pushback she has too. Pretty much. like she's 1 small twitch away from being good.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
More stuff favoring rushdown is good for me.

I'll start the random tourney when my assistant gets back to me with something.

Scrubs tournament is taking forever. Two people still in the running were my picks to win it all from the beginning.

I don't really know if I'm going to run GAF weekly based on livelihood and pace of everything these days. In a perfect world, I would have started it next week.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Mad scrubs in my lobby right now.

It's cool though I have no idea how to play any of the characters I've gotten so far :(

I'm all like "wait what's the command for Vega's crossup stab-you-in-the-face-thing?"

Dartastic

Nice games, Greg, Lost. The last few matches I just wasn't playing my best, for sure. Sorry. Anyway, what advice do you have for me Lost? Which feint are you using to move forward like that to Karakusa? There was that one time you grabbed me three times in a row... absolutely insane. I also know that I do have to work on my links... I'm sure if I got that my game would be way better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom