• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Threi

notag
unless you're cornered (where many chars, not just makoto have issues with) she has a great backdash for giving yourself space.

There are other chars that have worse defensive options than makoto.

Dartastic

Threi said:
unless you're cornered (where many chars, not just makoto have issues with) she has a great backdash for giving yourself space.

There are other chars that have worse defensive options than makoto.
Yeah. I should have been more detailed, I guess. It's really really really bad for her in a corner. I just finished playing a match against a Dudley that was wrecking me really, really hard. Just kept the pressure on INSANE style, and kept putting me in a corner... Hold DB? He'd overhead. Hold back? He'd sweep. Try and tech a throw? He wouldn't throw, and I'd get pwnd. I'd try and ex anything? Wouldn't work, because he'd jab me out, or do something else. It sucked.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
dragonballjoseph said:
10/26/10 $4/320Microsoft Points - Hakan, Makoto, Guy, Dudley, DeeJay
11/02/10 $4/320Microsoft Points - Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Gouken, Dan
11/16/10 $4/320Microsoft Points - Chun-Li, C. Viper, Sakura, Rose, Cammy
12/21/10 $4/320Microsoft Points - Juri, Ibuki, Cody, Adon, T.Hawk
01/18/11 $4/320Microsoft Points - Zangief, E.Honda, Rufus, Abel, El Fuerte
02/15/11 $4/320Microsoft Points - Vega, Sagat, Balrog, Bison, Seth
03/15/11 $4/320Microsoft Points - Guile, Blanka, Dhalsim, Fei Long, Gen
04/26/11 $18/1,440Microsoft Points - All Characters

Now that's trolling. Talk about milking the system.

cHaotix8

Dartastic said:
Yeah. I should have been more detailed, I guess. It's really really really bad for her in a corner. I just finished playing a match against a Dudley that was wrecking me really, really hard. Just kept the pressure on INSANE style, and kept putting me in a corner... Hold DB? He'd overhead. Hold back? He'd sweep. Try and tech a throw? He wouldn't throw, and I'd get pwnd. I'd try and ex anything? Wouldn't work, because he'd jab me out, or do something else. It sucked.

EX karakusa can catch him through his frame traps if he's close and isn't going for the grab.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
dragonballjoseph said:
11/02/10 $4/320Microsoft Points - Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Gouken, Dan
11/16/10 $4/320Microsoft Points - Chun-Li, C. Viper, Sakura, Rose, Cammy
12/21/10 $4/320Microsoft Points - Juri, Ibuki, Cody, Adon, T.Hawk
01/18/11 $4/320Microsoft Points - Zangief, E.Honda, Rufus, Abel, El Fuerte
02/15/11 $4/320Microsoft Points - Vega, Sagat, Balrog, Bison, Seth
03/15/11 $4/320Microsoft Points - Guile, Blanka, Dhalsim, Fei Long, Gen
04/26/11 $18/1,440Microsoft Points - All Characters

All you needed to say, I'm happy :)!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
hitsugi said:
The best part is - we'll still have costumes to pay for with Yun / yang and whoever else! :D

SSFIV: Dress-up Edition

That's why they refuse to release the PC version because they know you can just mod whatever alts you want. Piracy my ass. Capcom has been around forever and piracy is nothing new to PC gaming. They just feel they won't be able to milk the PC version like they do consoles.

CPS2

Kadey said:
That's why they refuse to release the PC version because they know you can just mod whatever alts you want. Piracy my ass. Capcom has been around forever and piracy is nothing new to PC gaming. They just feel they won't be able to milk the PC version like they do consoles.

Geez never thought of that, I think you're right.

They could've just released it on Steam and not have to worry about piracy right?

entremet

I wonder how much money all these costumes packs are gonna cost when it's all said and done. I'll probably cost more than the game. :lol

hitsugi

entrement said:
I wonder how much money all these costumes packs are gonna cost when it's all said and done. I'll probably cost more than the game. :lol
Assuming you wait for the full packs instead of each set? I think we'll be at $56. Then new arcade edition dlc, then costumes for them.. I predicted the total cost for SSFIV would break $100 a while back and now it is

MrMephistoX

Kadey said:

My theory is that they are worried about ghetto ass arcades and net cafes in other parts of the world monopolizing arcade revenue. PC's are much easier to pirate than consoles vs paying $20,000 + for one working arcade cabinet...trust me I've lived in China.

hitsugi said:
Assuming you wait for the full packs instead of each set? I think we'll be at $56. Then new arcade edition dlc, then costumes for them.. I predicted the total cost for SSFIV would break $100 a while back and now it is

Still cheaper than the $20,000+ for the Super SFIV arcade edition UPGRADE!! Capcom is wildin' out.

It's not like the development was Shenmue or GT5 proportions and they're trying to recoup. I'm just going to wait for the all-in-one pack.

hitsugi

Spiderjericho said:
Still cheaper than the $20,000+ for the Super SFIV arcade edition UPGRADE!! Capcom is wildin' out.

It's not like the development was Shenmue or GT5 proportions and they're trying to recoup. I'm just going to wait for the all-in-one pack.

The absurd pricing is why arcades have to charge $1.00 per game (and even then, it'll take a while to break even) or just.. have some insane console hook ups.

vg260

Kadey said:

This has been my belief as well. I'm surprised more people haven't brought this up. They're losing a ton of extra profit due to costume mods.

AkumaHokoru said:
This is the kind of DLC that makes the whole concept look bad.

"Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it, BRONX keeps creatin it and Queens keeps on fakin!"

The worst part is it's not like it's a huge mainstream success. This stuff is being supported by the community, who has supported Capcom for years, and they just treat us like crap.

Honestly, the worst is the arcade edition. They really don't want widespread acceptance of their game. The US is just going to play the console editions. Japan still has a culture where they play in the arcade, and big arcades shouldn't have a problem recouping but how much of a profit will they make?

Spiderjericho said:
"Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it, BRONX keeps creatin it and Queens keeps on fakin!"

The worst part is it's not like it's a huge mainstream success. This stuff is being supported by the community, who has supported Capcom for years, and they just treat us like crap.

Honestly, the worst is the arcade edition. They really don't want widespread acceptance of their game. The US is just going to play the console editions. Japan still has a culture where they play in the arcade, and big arcades shouldn't have a problem recouping but how much of a profit will they make?

Its not just capcom who gets dlc wrong. Everyone has walked on the side of error and people keep buying it as long as the dlc is brought the practice is justified. for every one of us that realizes something is wrong there are 50 people who dont care and buy it anyway

Lets break down the math on this shall we?

SF4 60 bucks.
SF4 costumes: 320MSP(4 dollars) for 5 packs each(20) 1200(15 dollars) for all 5 at once (giving us either 75 or 80 invested so far)
SSF4 40 bucks 115-120
SSF4 Costumes 320MSP for 7 packs each(28) if you brought them seperately. 1440(18 dollars) 133-148 spent so far
(Another 2 sets are coming. + the new cast are still 1 costume short compared to the rest of the cast so thats another pack added to 2 full release sets)
So its either 15 x 4 (60) or 18x2+4 (40)= $173-$208 capcom will make per player on people who buy all the costumes.

Dont you think thats a little much and with how far they space them out (first costume in october full set 6 months later) people will be tempted to buy them sooner rather than wait half a year to get them all saving 10 bucks. Disgusting. I personally brought the first costume set for Vanilla... I have not brought a single costume pack since and Its highly likely I wont (no matter how awesome juri's new costume is) because this kind of DLC is designed to milk my pockets and I'm sorry but my pockets are drier than the sahara. I honestly feel it costs less to unlock all this shit with a card in the arcade (afterall every 25 wins was a costume on vanilla arcade if not less) than it does for the home versions

I feel you, my ninj. I'm not crazy about Apple or their methods, but I at least wish we could buy the costumes for $1 or 50 cents (cents would be better).

And honestly, it would be nice if they really went knee deep in developing the community with updates (balance, etc), DLC, online tournaments, etc.

CO_Andy

Kadey said:
According to Seth Killian it has more to do with limited resources. After all, Cap USA has the final word on what gets released.

I'm under the assumption those sources now are divided among the 3DS port, TvS, Super Arcade Edition, and future DLC.

AZ Greg

The way they're handling the costumes is obviously not ideal from a consumer standpoint, but I look at it two ways:

1.) Of all the things they could have nickel and dimed us with in terms of DLC, alternative costumes probably have the least impact on the overall fighting game experience. A lot of times with DLC arguments you hear "Well if you don't like it (pricing) then don't buy it!" But in a lot of cases that is easier said than done since the complete experience will sometimes require the DLC. Not in this case thought as these are nothing more than fluff. I haven't bought one alternative costume and I don't feel like I'm missing anything.
To be fair I don't like any of my main's alts so I can just enjoy the ones I do like whenever I play someone who has bought them for their character. :p
Like SJ, I do wish they would have released all the costumes separately for like 80 points each, or something like that, so you could handpick the ones you want for a reasonable price and not be stuck with ones you'll get no use out of. But...

2.) This model is obviously making Capcom a decent amount of money otherwise they wouldn't have stuck with it from SF4 to SSF4. And to look at it from a "glass half full" perspective, if this model helps to make SF4 or any Capcom fighting game a more viable business decision and makes it easier for the Capcom executives to give the "OK" on a fighting game project then I have no problem with alternative costumes being the DLC sacrificial lamb.

God's Beard said:
Nooo, Justin got 5th in WCG Ultimate Gamer :-(

The boy just can't clutch it out, whether it's EVO or reality televion.

Well, he seems to clutch it out at tourneys, so he'll be alright as #1 US SF player. And the show probably helped to get his name out more.

Greg, I agree. They need to release the costumes individually and for cheaper. I dislike 75 percent of the costumes and wish you could buy them individually. And maybe later, drop the duckets for the all-in-one-pack. My only issue with Capcom is they're not quite getting the whole "DLC" thing. Like, we should be getting balance updates, new backgrounds and characters or new modes. Instead, their model is costumes that are already made before the game is released.

I just got a new laptop and installed my old copy of PC SFIV and started playing that. Too bad :( no SSFIV PC.

GGs to everybody I fought tonight.

When I beat Greg and jlai right off the bat, I almost shat myself, but Dudfree made a comeback pretty quick after that. :lol

Maybe I'm getting better? I dunno, it's hard to tell if I'm learning strategies or gimmicks. I wish jlai woulda picked rose a couple more times, I need the data bad.

Axis

God's Beard said:

When I beat Greg and jlai right off the bat, I almost shat myself, but Dudfree made a comeback pretty quick after that. :lol

Maybe I'm getting better? I dunno, it's hard to tell if I'm learning strategies or gimmicks. I wish jlai woulda picked rose a couple more times, I need the data bad.

gg's dude i'm not sure why you couldn't hear me on the mic...i heard you just fine.

chriskun

Spiderjericho said:
My only issue with Capcom is they're not quite getting the whole "DLC" thing. Like, we should be getting balance updates, new backgrounds and characters or new modes. Instead, their model is costumes that are already made before the game is released.

If the costume packs are selling then they are getting the whole "DLC" thing, it fucking sucks but they get it.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Business model aside it cant be all that hard to please the hardcore fans with balance patches and everyone else with cosmetic updates. Im sure most of us wouls settle for just one update that addresses balance issues. It cant be that damn hard. Its like theyre alergic to the feedback of the user base that represents those of us that will be playing the game for years or at least considerably longer then the casual crowd

jlai

God's Beard said:

Oh whoops, shoulda let me know! I rarely use Rose nowadays, only really in the ranbats. Looking for that next character to jump to next..

If I were to critique your game I'd say to throw in some C.LK's instead of overhead all the time on opponent wake ups. Sets up a nice 50/50. Sometimes the overheads were a bit too late too, as I was able to throw you out of them. GGs though!

chriskun

Gr1mLock said:
Business model aside it cant be all that hard to please the hardcore fans with balance patches and everyone else with cosmetic updates. Im sure most of us wouls settle for just one update that addresses balance issues. It cant be that damn hard. Its like theyre alergic to the feedback of the user base that represents those of us that will be playing the game for years or at least considerably longer then the casual crowd

Has there been word on an Arcade Edition balance update???

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Pricing of the alts do not bother me. It's the having to wait nearly half a year to even have the chance of getting mostly mediocre costumes as a whole. I'd be fine if they wanted $100 premium for them all at this moment. Waiting a long time in order to get them all is stupid from a consumer's perspective.

Fraeon

_dementia said:
It's Juri song level bad

The Juri song didn't have Tay Zonday in it, though.

Also, the new costumes... are they on the disc again or are they going to issue a patch or something so that we can actually see them? Unless they don't mind the idea that most of the players won't be even seeing the new "cool" costumes.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Uploaded some matches vs Chris. I was getting lit up by Akuma combos for the most part. I knew I have to have patience in order to beat him and I was anything but that night. It was fun playing a non-scrubby Akuma though, ones that spam air fireballs and fireballs in general and run away. I'm well too familiar with those. :D

Match one

Match two

Match three

Like stated earlier in the thread, FERDI GULER is #1 on the PP leaderboards right now. So checking up on youtube, I found out that he still thinks about me. Apparently he really didn't like the video about his raging that I posted on youtube. Well here is his new YT account since they closed his earlier one (probably because of all the racist messages).

http://www.youtube.com/user/divekroshen

And here is his "About me:" -section:
ROKITTY and BLASTHEFOOL is bad player and noob. i found he is nerd and play a lot strategy games day and night on internet whit his nerd friends. I google i see him every where my video posten, only noobs
with my name get attention. He puts this movie everywhere
requit name or anything else. that is not to let me see but attract
attention because I've named. I had youtube channel whit videos from him.
how i beating him easyly but he and his friends have hacked channel. all the hate mail or what I have read all messages is 90% his friends. he is not like he seen on internet comments he is trash. what i can say about him and what i found is, he is nerd,ugly he is on pc allday long playing pc games, he is 35 years old still home no women no childeren. his live is internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom