• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Wishlist for Sakura

1. More priority at the start of her shoukens
2. Wider hitbox on ex otoshi (I'm tired of not hitting a character as they recover from a move)
3. Increase hitbox of air tatsu
4. Moar pantsu :3

fallagin said:
I actually got super street fighter 4 just recently. This is my first fighting game that I have actually gotten into. Me and my dad have been playing it alot. We were actually pretty evenly matched until I started learning some button combinations. He can't be arsed how to perform them so I am kicking his butt! I do want him to figure them out, it will be alot more fun when we can play on even ground.

pro tip button combo for Dudley:

up + right bumper, down + right bumper, right trigger, back, down-back, down, down-forward, forward + right trigger, B+Y(hold) + forward + forward, down + X, right trigger, back, down-back, down, down-forward, forward + right trigger, B+Y(hold) + forward + forward, down + X, right trigger, forward, down, down-forward + X, back, down-back, down, down-forward, forward + right trigger, A, down + right trigger, down, down-forward, forward, down, down-forward, forward + X + Y + right bumper, down + right bumper + right trigger

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

blackadde

Lost Fragment said:
So, my updated wishlist for Makoto in AE:

-Make U2 better. That shit needs to be like 15 frames faster to actually be a viable answer to fireballs. If they make it as fast as Abel's U1 then we're good.
-Make f+hk less unsafe on block.
-Shave a few frames off of forward dash.
-Make her backdash better. The whole special cancellable backdash thing is cute, but it doesn't keep her backdash from being shitacular.
-Shave some recovery frames off of karakusa and give it a couple more active frames.
-Make f+lp move her backwards.
-Improve cr.hk so it's not completely useless as an aa.

these are the important ones imo ... would give some of that 3s flavor back. karakusa whiff has the same recovery as missing U1, which is pretty stupid. it was special in 3s because you couldn't usually punish it with a neutral jump, which in turn made her really scary because it was an ok gamble to go for it more often.

cr hk AA would be great too because it covers a very important angle that she doesn't AA too well right now. plus it currently doesn't have much use outside of footsies with gief.

zlatko

Banned
My wishlist for Abel in AE:

LEAVE HIM ALONE!:lol :lol :lol

I know that's too much to ask. Poor guy is gonna get nerfed left and right. Hopefully the buffs to Adon will make me pick him up over Abel if the nerfs to Abel are a bit ridiculous. They can make breathless worthless if they want, and maybe reduce TT damage, but once they start going past that it'll make him sorta dead weight to me.

I wanna see EX fukiage hit grounded opponents and combo off of karakusa. I don't care if it's balanced, and I don't play Makoto, but just for aesthetic, badass value.

McNum

dragonballjoseph said:
My Wishlist for Sakura

1. More priority at the start of her shoukens
2. Wider hitbox on ex otoshi (I'm tired of not hitting a character as they recover from a move)
3. Increase hitbox of air tatsu
4. Moar pantsu :3
I just have one wish for Sakura. She had a dive kick in one of the SNK vs. Capcom games. Give her that back. That should give her a really annoying mixup in the air, which would only help her.

Other than that, I think she can be fixed with minor tweaks. A little more damage here, a little less recovery there, maybe a few frames of invincibility more, and better hitboxes on some attacks. Capcom really needs to be careful with this, though. Sakura isn't that good, no, but she has pretty much all the tools she needs to be a monster, if they're made even a little bit more powerful. Not that I'd mind that, of course.

gutabo

zlatko said:
My wishlist for Abel in AE:

LEAVE HIM ALONE!:lol :lol :lol

I know that's too much to ask. Poor guy is gonna get nerfed left and right. Hopefully the buffs to Adon will make me pick him up over Abel if the nerfs to Abel are a bit ridiculous. They can make breathless worthless if they want, and maybe reduce TT damage, but once they start going past that it'll make him sorta dead weight to me.
They should nerf the damage breathless does.

El Sloth

Banned
Lost Fragment said:
So, my updated wishlist for Makoto in AE:

-Make U2 better. That shit needs to be like 15 frames faster to actually be a viable answer to fireballs. If they make it as fast as Abel's U1 then we're good.
-Make f+hk less unsafe on block.
-Shave a few frames off of forward dash.
-Make her backdash better. The whole special cancellable backdash thing is cute, but it doesn't keep her backdash from being shitacular.
-Shave some recovery frames off of karakusa and give it a couple more active frames.
-Make f+lp move her backwards.
-Improve cr.hk so it's not completely useless as an aa.

I want all of these, but the bolded especially.Making Hayate an armor breaker would be nice too.

simtmb

dragonballjoseph said:
Sakura actually does a lot of damage.
And Sakura is a great character actually. Upper-mid tier IMO.

Most definitely. She does big damage, good enough normals, and EX Shunpu is beast etc.

Yet i still hear people stating that she's a bad character, but from what I've seen, far from it. If she ever received that divekick from CVS2, she'd be real dominant.

Agreed with upper mid-tier.

Ok, so I did almost all of Vega's trials, learned some combos, stole some setups from AZ Greg, suited up and jumped into Ranked aaaaand...

Winning with Vega is really hard ;_;

People keep hitting me. :-(

greeeeeeeeeeeeg, dfRH is supposed to be auto wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin

Threi

notag
gutabo said:
oh a lot of chars have that prob- OH SHIT RYU? NERF THAT SHIT ASAP CAPCOM

*edit* deejay wishlist? i wish more people would play him, that's all. I've come to terms already with the fact that he has a bunch of normals that are over -3 on hit, i can live with that. Just expand the userbase a little.

hitsugi

BotoxAgent said:
yeah, Guy has shitty frame advantage even on hit, lol

T_T
Guy is the best. Today I did a U2 set up, whiffed and got grabbed. Just a normal grab, not one that involved a retarded hcbx2 motion and ultra meter. Guy. The best.

fallagin

God's Beard said:
pro tip button combo for Dudley:

up + right bumper, down + right bumper, right trigger, back, down-back, down, down-forward, forward + right trigger, B+Y(hold) + forward + forward, down + X, right trigger, back, down-back, down, down-forward, forward + right trigger, B+Y(hold) + forward + forward, down + X, right trigger, forward, down, down-forward + X, back, down-back, down, down-forward, forward + right trigger, A, down + right trigger, down, down-forward, forward, down, down-forward, forward + X + Y + right bumper, down + right bumper + right trigger

What?!!? That is going to take a long time to memorize.

vissione

Banned
GGs PSN GAF chat... found chaotix by coincidence on ranked so I invited him to the PSN GAF chat but he bailed (he had a legit reason I suppose).

I still think FMF's gief is bullshit... he grabs me like from half screen away... :lol Seriously the moment I think I'm safe from SPD... TOO LATE!!!!!!

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Just wanna share something fun with you guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D39-GU1n8-w

Was playing Endless with an old colleague who's recently started getting into Super, and while his Akuma is not the best, he had a couple of inspired moments such as this.
The whole match was pretty silly to be honest, so we were all but gone by this point :lol

AZ Greg

God's Beard said:
Ok, so I did almost all of Vega's trials, learned some combos, stole some setups from AZ Greg, suited up and jumped into Ranked aaaaand...

Winning with Vega is really hard ;_;

People keep hitting me. :-(

greeeeeeeeeeeeg, dfRH is supposed to be auto wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin

:lol

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
God's Beard said:
Must be nice using a top tier. It's ok, Dudley will have enough buffs in ae for the both of us.

Honda is one of the better chars in the game, but he's not broken/OP, and he is easily counterpicked by charge projectilers (Guile/Chun/DJ).

Really, SSF4 Honda is probably the most interesting/balanced version of Honda ever- though that isn't saying much.

TimeKillr

blackadde said:
these are the important ones imo ... would give some of that 3s flavor back. karakusa whiff has the same recovery as missing U1, which is pretty stupid. it was special in 3s because you couldn't usually punish it with a neutral jump, which in turn made her really scary because it was an ok gamble to go for it more often.

cr hk AA would be great too because it covers a very important angle that she doesn't AA too well right now. plus it currently doesn't have much use outside of footsies with gief.

Karakusa is in a weird boat.

On one hand, it's a guaranteed U1 when it lands.

On the other hand, it has absolutely HORRIBLE recovery, range and absolutely no invulnerability properties. EX has one hit of armor (whoop dee do!) but that's it.

To balance it, we need to either

- Make it have good recovery, range AND throw invul on non-ex (and hit invul on ex, no bullshit armor), but it can't lead to U1

or

- Slightly fix its range and keep it leading into U1.

I would much rather it was a useful move than it leading into U1.

The problem with Super is that pretty much every new move doesn't have invulnerability (except some very specific ones like Dud's dash under) but armor instead. It seems like they wanted to reinforce the concept of armor and armor breakers - I personally much prefer straight invul (to only specific things) than armor, but hey.

There's also a problem in the game with reversals. I understand Capcom's view on the subject: easy reversals makes the game much more friendly to newer players. But I don't believe that throws should beat everything, nor do I think that doing a blockstring is risky against characters like Ryu or Ken because they can mash SRK. Sure, nobody at a pro level mashes like that, but it still happens up to mid-level matches because it works beautifully. The game then becomes a "I hit you once then wait for you to reversal SRK", which defeats the purpose of making the game noob friendly (they will still get frustrated).

Marvelous

I'm getting *slightly* better with Vega. I keep forgetting about his attacking flip kick for some reason. Ah well.

Is there any way to check and see how many bars you have for online mode? I can the other players' bars, of course.

PhatSaqs

Banned
hitsugi said:
Guy is the best.
Guy is just a couple of tweaks away from being really really good. The thing with him is giving him too much would make him too good. He already hits like a mack truck and has the tools to be a mixup monster.

Tweaking his U2 for more range, give Hozantos less startup with LP version even or maybe +1 frames on block, make MP > HP TC work like it should and he should be good to go. Nice to/should haves would be increased walk speed and a better s.MK but he doesnt need those IMO.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Nintendo-4Life said:
EX SBK says hi.

Sorry, but ex SBK is only useful when you're absolutely sure they think you're not going to do it. Otherwise, it's easy to bait, easy to punish, and burns meter. :/

hitsugi

PhatSaqs said:
Guy is just a couple of tweaks away from being really really good. The thing with him is giving him too much would make him too good. He already hits like a mack truck and has the tools to be a mixup monster.

Tweaking his U2 for more range, give Hozantos less startup with LP version even or maybe +1 frames on block, make MP > HP TC work like it should and he should be good to go. Nice to/should haves would be increased walk speed and a better s.MK but he doesnt need those IMO.

I know. And those tweaks are mostly already in for AE (not sure if the LP hozanto got more block stun but I know stupid T.Hawk and Gief can't grab him after it now)

hitsugi said:
I know. And those tweaks are mostly already in for AE (not sure if the LP hozanto got more block stun but I know stupid T.Hawk and Gief can't grab him after it now)

cool! I'm excited.

Of course, I don't want Guy too be too good. Saqs got the right idea that he only needs some small, but wise, adjustments to actually strike some fear into his opponents. Same with Makoto, DeeJay, and Duds.

USD

Hitokage said:

Sorry, but ex SBK is only useful when you're absolutely sure they think you're not going to do it. Otherwise, it's easy to bait, easy to punish, and burns meter. :/
Yeah, Nemo was getting absolutely crushed for bad EX SBKs during GG Online #2.

dragonballjoseph said:
Like Chun.

Chun's backdash might as well be an invincible reversal, it gets her out of a lot of pressure situations. I think EX SBK is more of a tool to use as an anti-air when you're not sure which normal is appropriate at the moment.

simtmb

I love this game :lol Can't believe i never tried Bison/Dictator till a few weeks after Super released though. Granted, that's when i actually decided i wanted to become at least somewhat decent in the game.

Fits my play-style, he's badass, and just incredibly fun to use. Nice to see that a friend of mine decided to upload a recent match, some silly stuff and bad inputs from both of us, although this is the most recent replay of us both that we've watched, I'm glad to actually see some progress to my game. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjRbweKpnTc

Play quite inconsistent though, either with thought and having an actual reason in doing certain things in-game, or just thoughtless rushdown that just ends up not working :lol

Man I need a break. xD

cHaotix8

vissione said:
GGs PSN GAF chat... found chaotix by coincidence on ranked so I invited him to the PSN GAF chat but he bailed (he had a legit reason I suppose).

haha yeah, sorry about that. I had been playing almost all day and went to sleep immediately afterward.

TimeKillr said:
The problem with Super is that pretty much every new move doesn't have invulnerability (except some very specific ones like Dud's dash under) but armor instead.

If EX Ducking got armor, I'd shit my pants. So godlike, you almost wouldn't need anything else.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
TimeKillr said:
Karakusa is in a weird boat.

On one hand, it's a guaranteed U1 when it lands.

On the other hand, it has absolutely HORRIBLE recovery, range and absolutely no invulnerability properties. EX has one hit of armor (whoop dee do!) but that's it.

To balance it, we need to either

- Make it have good recovery, range AND throw invul on non-ex (and hit invul on ex, no bullshit armor), but it can't lead to U1

or

- Slightly fix its range and keep it leading into U1.

I would much rather it was a useful move than it leading into U1.

The problem with Super is that pretty much every new move doesn't have invulnerability (except some very specific ones like Dud's dash under) but armor instead. It seems like they wanted to reinforce the concept of armor and armor breakers - I personally much prefer straight invul (to only specific things) than armor, but hey.

There's also a problem in the game with reversals. I understand Capcom's view on the subject: easy reversals makes the game much more friendly to newer players. But I don't believe that throws should beat everything, nor do I think that doing a blockstring is risky against characters like Ryu or Ken because they can mash SRK. Sure, nobody at a pro level mashes like that, but it still happens up to mid-level matches because it works beautifully. The game then becomes a "I hit you once then wait for you to reversal SRK", which defeats the purpose of making the game noob friendly (they will still get frustrated).

I'm ok with the move being situational, and leading into U1. How else you gonna get U1 anyways outside of supercancels?

My choice would be to give armor to regular Karakusa, give EX Karakusa invincibility, but remove the ability to kara-karakusa.

Since we're talking about changes- what I'd do for Juri.

buff up her counters startup

EX counter would work like Kowloon's prediction from RB2 Hon-Fu, would be an autocombo that is comboable into U2.

Make her EX dive kick home in.

Replace FSE with a counter ultra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom