• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvelous said:
Ack, sorry. That's not what I meant. I'm talking about the lag. :lol
When I'm watching two other people playing in the endless battle mode and there's noticeable lag, is it because of my connection or the players?

I left because I thought I was messing up the experience.
The lag is from the 2 players in battle, not your connection. The spectator mode is usually behind a couple of seconds if the players are lagging. This is why sometimes you'll see the spectator mode become suspended. The match already ended and the players are back in the lobby before the spectator sees the very end of the match.

Marvelous

marathonfool said:
The lag is from the 2 players in battle, not your connection. The spectator mode is usually behind a couple of seconds if the players are lagging. This is why sometimes you'll see the spectator mode become suspended. The match already ended and the players are back in the lobby before the spectator sees the very end of the match.

Oh, okay! Thanks, buddy.
I feel better now about playing online.

Wish list for Ibuki

-Faster hammer kick (overhead)
-Some TC's wiff for no reason, fix that
-slightly faster ex hien

That's pretty much it.

vissione

Banned
Marvelous said:
Ack, sorry. That's not what I meant. I'm talking about the lag. :lol
When I'm watching two other people playing in the endless battle mode and there's noticeable lag, is it because of my connection or the players?

I left because I thought I was messing up the experience.

Well it's still a P2P game on both XBL and PSN so yes, basically when you're in spectator mode you're waiting on a delayed feed of the match you're watching. If there are any hiccups in that "feed" your connection to the players playing is affected and it will appear to be laggy on your end or it will cut out and you wont see the end of the match. Priority is on the 2 players playing not the spectators so you simply miss out sometimes.

Regardless of what you see on the screen spectator mode is not even real-time (its slightly delayed) nor is it affecting the players per say since you're not sending them any inputs when you're not playing... you're just watching a delayed "input" stream by 2 other players.

If you have horrible internet and live behind God's back you'll get kicked out of lobbies a lot but not because you're "
lagging them" but because you just simply lag.

Is this the answer you wanted? :lol

EDIT: Beaten.

Marvelous

vissione said:
Well it's still a P2P game on both XBL and PSN so yes, basically when you're in spectator mode you're waiting on a delayed feed of the match you're watching. If there are any hiccups in that "feed" your connection to the players playing is affected and it will appear to be laggy on your end or it will cut out and you wont see the end of the match. Priority is on the 2 players playing not the spectators so you simply miss out sometimes.

Regardless of what you see on the screen spectator mode is not even real-time (its slightly delayed) nor is it affecting the players per say since you're not sending them any inputs when you're not playing... you're just watching a delayed "input" stream by 2 other players.

If you have horrible internet and live behind God's back you'll get kicked out of lobbies a lot but not because you're "
lagging them" but because you just simply lag.

Is this the answer you wanted? :lol

EDIT: Beaten.

Haha, thanks for taking the time to explain all of that, vissione. :)
I got kicked out of a lobby, I think. I was playing against someone and it said that the host has left the session and I wasn't in the lobby anymore after that.

But anyway, when I play others I don't experience any lag.

hitsugi

XenoRaven said:
I am a consumer whore. (And how!)

2w3e629.jpg

those shoes are pretty hot

Satyamdas

Banned
Marvelous said:
Haha, thanks for taking the time to explain all of that, vissione. :)
I got kicked out of a lobby, I think. I was playing against someone and it said that the host has left the session and I wasn't in the lobby anymore after that.

But anyway, when I play others I don't experience any lag.
Don't assume this means you were booted. There is a bug of some kind where you get the "Host has left the session" message and you are removed from the lobby, when really the host hasn't left and the lobby is still going on as normal. It has happened to me plenty of times where I was removed but was chatting with the other players and on their end it looked like I had just left on my own.

I'm pretty sure if you get kicked out the message is "The Host has removed you from this session" or something like that.

Marvelous

Satyamdas said:
Don't assume this means you were booted. There is a bug of some kind where you get the "Host has left the session" message and you are removed from the lobby, when really the host hasn't left and the lobby is still going on as normal. It has happened to me plenty of times where I was removed but was chatting with the other players and on their end it looked like I had just left on my own.

I'm pretty sure if you get kicked out the message is "The Host has removed you from this session" or something like that.

So, it's a bug? I wonder if that will get fixed any time soon.
I've never gotten any message saying the Host removed me or anything.

hitsugi said:
those shoes are pretty hot
Not really, Nikey drop the ball on those dunks. The Nikey check should have been yellow, same with the laces and border as well. And second, they should have went with the Air Force One material over the typical dunk fabric. But whatever, crappy character get's half ass sneakers, not surprising.

Satyamdas

Banned
I wouldn't expect it to be fixed. It seems to be some kind of router/modem compatibility thing rather than a pure software bug in SSF4, but I'm not an expert or a wizard so I can't speak definitively on the subject. I just know it's been there since launch and doesnt happen too often so I wouldn't worry about it.

And yeah if you don't see "The host has removed you from the session", then don't assume you were booted. Usually if the host does leave the session, the game will just assign another person to be the host rather than delete the whole lobby.

XenoRaven

ShinobiFist said:
Not really, Nikey drop the ball on those dunks. The Nikey check should have been yellow, same with the laces and border as well. And second, they should have went with the Air Force One material over the typical dunk fabric. But whatever, crappy character get's half ass sneakers, not surprising.
Yeah man. Fuck Nikey.

MarkMan said:
heeey you joined my club :D
Haha yeah. After you posted those pics I couldn't help myself. I wanted to get those Akuma ones too, but I really don't like high tops. :(

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I got new shoes too. Newest one yet.

Phillies baseball Nikes.

n6xdsp.jpg

We going to win the world series again and I'll be there front and center, once again.

Speaking of Kuma, don't mind him. He's just mad because his Yankees is getting blown up. :lol

Lost to Farms in an impromptu FT5, 2-5.

GGs FMF

Dat gief is a force to be reckoned with. I did decent keeping you out, but once I got pushed into either corner, I was just guessing how to escape.

GGs to your roomie's honda, too.

I did get a couple games off his Cammy though :O

Culinary

Does anyone else get frustrated with ranked? I don't know if I'm just bad or people just don't care, but I keep running into random shit. It makes it especially hard when I'm trying to pick up Seth. I can be winning the whole match and one mistake on my part ends it. Is there a regular that plays? I'm a scrub, but I would like to learn. :D

Any tips for Seth btw?

Kadey said:
I got new shoes too. Newest one yet.

Phillies baseball Nikes.

We going to win the world series again and I'll be there front and center, once again.

Speaking of Kuma, don't mind him. He's just mad because his Yankees is getting blown up. :lol
6-4 stay free

simtmb

And some more casual match vids of me (playing Bison) and a friend (Sakura), for those that are probably not interested :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM4mqQG0_SI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7dvSGP67lU

I focus too much, and i just recently noticed that I've started doing nothing but c.lk x3/4 xx LK SK. I land a FA crumple, I'd do:
-cr.mp , cr.mk xx HK SK (Rarely)
-cl.HP xx HK PC/SK or cr.lp,cl.lp,cr.mk XX HK SK (Often)

But instead, now i just keep doing the crouching shorts xD

Developed other weird habits as well. Gotta brush up! One things for certain though, back to stick play, soft-drink doused D-Pad just isn't holding up anymore. :lol

hitsugi

FindMyFarms said:
GG's log ride! My cammy can't win online T_T Good zoning wit dat sim!

Who u wanna Ft5 next?!? Rayoo, Abbell, Vipes, Deejay, or Roofoos?!?

It's my bday tomorrow do I get a FT5 with FMF? :O

ASIS

Hitokage said:
:lol

Sorry, but ex SBK is only useful when you're absolutely sure they think you're not going to do it. Otherwise, it's easy to bait, easy to punish, and burns meter. :/
ehh. I always use it. As a result most fighters either stay away when I'm down or try some cheap counters only to be sent flying off from my SBK :S

It works I swear it does! But yeah meter burns pretty fast.

Axis

Nintendo-4Life said:
ehh. I always use it. As a result most fighters either stay away when I'm down or try some cheap counters only to be sent flying off from my SBK :S

and is unsafe as fuck if you're playing anyone with half a brain...blow up throw attempts with it(hi greg :p) and use it as AA, otherwise it's unreliable as hell.

XenoRaven

Nintendo-4Life said:

You should play people that know how to bait and punish.

Does post count translate into skill? :p

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 12,912

User Name Posts

God's Beard 438
_dementia 434
Kadey 353
dragonballjoseph 336
hitsugi 311
Threi 305
Lost Fragment 254
black_vegeta 247
AkumaHokoru 244
XenoRaven 235

ASIS

Axis said:
and is unsafe as fuck if you're playing anyone with half a brain...blow up throw attempts with it(hi greg :p) and use it as AA, otherwise it's unreliable as hell.
I use it in combos ( Target combo>C.Hp cancel into EX SBK or when jumping Target combo EX SBK), wake up reversals and anti airs.

It's not perfect and I know that but eh.. I don't know, it's probably the reason why I can't win very often :lol

Axis said:

When I played Relix, i always fall for his cr.fp tc-->Ex sbk :lol

simtmb said:
And some more casual match vids of me (playing Bison) and a friend (Sakura), for those that are probably not interested :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM4mqQG0_SI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7dvSGP67lU

I focus too much, and i just recently noticed that I've started doing nothing but c.lk x3/4 xx LK SK. I land a FA crumple, I'd do:
-cr.mp , cr.mk xx HK SK (Rarely)
-cl.HP xx HK PC/SK or cr.lp,cl.lp,cr.mk XX HK SK (Often)

But instead, now i just keep doing the crouching shorts xD

Developed other weird habits as well. Gotta brush up! One things for certain though, back to stick play, soft-drink doused D-Pad just isn't holding up anymore. :lol
It's rare for me to see a Sakura player fight well against a Bison. I say this because He does her c.forward after certain lk scissors.
:3

XenoRaven

schennmu said:

Who Posted?

User Name Posts

God's Beard 438
_dementia 434
Kadey 353
dragonballjoseph 336
hitsugi 311
Threi 305
Lost Fragment 254
black_vegeta 247
AkumaHokoru 244
XenoRaven 235
I'm on the list so no.

Degen

I really need to participate in these "PSN gaf chat" matches sometime. I think that would get me posting in this thread a lot more.

'course nobody wants to knowingly fight hawk.

schennmu said:

Who Posted?

User Name Posts

God's Beard 438
_dementia 434
Kadey 353
dragonballjoseph 336
hitsugi 311
Threi 305
Lost Fragment 254
black_vegeta 247
AkumaHokoru 244
XenoRaven 235

Only if you invest your points into your character.

simtmb

dragonballjoseph said:
It's rare for me to see a Sakura player fight well against a Bison. I say this because He does her c.forward after certain lk scissors.
:3

Yep xD. We play each other quite often. Actually, if i ever vs someone aside from in Ranked, pretty much just us two vsing in Endless.

I gotta change it up now :D

Online honestly feels dead here in AUS and on PSN. Ranked matches you can barely find sometimes, Endless Battle lobbies usually have 1 person lagging it up. Unable to chat on the MIC with more than 2 people including yourself sucks hard, and in general it just doesn't feel right.

This sucks as the regular players i vs have essentially stopped playing so i followed suit, though i occasionally play local here and there. But both me and the Sakura player mate of mine do play online occasionally.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Degen said:
I really need to participate in these "PSN gaf chat" matches sometime. I think that would get me posting in this thread a lot more.

What are you talking about I love hawk fights :)!

hitsugi

Degen said:

Not until Capcom fixes retarded things like the ability to grab Guy after a blocked elbow (which is safe against the rest of the cast)

..just kidding. while that IS annoying, I could use some Hawk experience

schennmu said:

Who Posted?

User Name Posts

God's Beard 438
_dementia 434
Kadey 353
dragonballjoseph 336
hitsugi 311
Threi 305
Lost Fragment 254
black_vegeta 247
AkumaHokoru 244
XenoRaven 235
No.

Papi

I haven't played this shit in about a week. Fuck. I'm double tapping the photocopier button at work and shit...

Axis

Nintendo-4Life said:
I use it in combos ( Target combo>C.Hp cancel into EX SBK or when jumping Target combo EX SBK), wake up reversals and anti airs.

It's not perfect and I know that but eh.. I don't know, it's probably the reason why I can't win very often :lol

do regular MK legs off of j.fpx2->c.fpx1...you can hide the mk inputs inside of the fp's and if you can land it you're left at +7 or 9 on hit if you do full MK legs(can link another c.fp into more legs if you can piano/slide) and if it's blocked then you're relatively safe if you only do half legs...try different variations...but not using that meter could come in handy bc her super is fucking AMAZING.

just some tips, idk i'm tired

BotoxAgent said:
When I played Relix, i always fall for his cr.fp tc-->Ex sbk :lol

lol i just got hit with overheads...A LOT

what made you not play chun as much? your chun's good...i didn't even know you played her back in vanilla until greg told me haha

FindMyFarms said:
GG's log ride! My cammy can't win online T_T Good zoning wit dat sim!

Who u wanna Ft5 next?!? Rayoo, Abbell, Vipes, Deejay, or Roofoos?!?

Let's do all of 'Sims uphill matchups. So ROOFOOOS, ABBELZ, and VIPERZ. How's your AKOOMUH

Axis said:
lol i just got hit with overheads...A LOT

what made you not play chun as much? your chun's good...i didn't even know you played her back in vanilla until greg told me haha

just that I am trying to learn Guy and I'm slow getting good with him and requires a lot of my time and attention right now, same with Cammy. With Chun, I feel pretty comfortable with her movesets and I can always come back to her and feel right at home.

don't listen to XenoRaven, I am not a traitor :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom