• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zlatko

Banned
gutabo said:
They should nerf the damage breathless does.

I'm fine with a nerf stick on breathless and on TT damage by 20 points of a fierce punch one, but after that it really would make him drop like an anchor in how well he'd do a tournament level.

I doubt he'll get any type of buffs, but I would like to see step kick into fierce punch fixed. I believe it whiffs on some opponents if they are crouching even though the step kick connects.

_Xenon_

Banned
My wish list:
Juri:
1. FSE does chip damage
2. faster walking speed (better footsie) or faster overhead (better pressure) or more damaging fireball (better zone)
3. better hitbox on dive kick's follow up (for some character you just cannot connect the follow up unless you kick right in the face)

Blanka:
1. HP ball nerf is fine but give me better electricity
2. or leave my Jimmy alone :(

EraldoCoil said:
I wasn't into it at all tonight....dat 40% performance...

Probably had other stuff on your mind. TAP setups and what not. ;)

FindMyFarms said:
gief was hungry tonight :lol :lol

PS3 was acting wonky, hanging between the dashboard and game. Really wanted to take a crack at dat 'gief. Oh well, maybe tonight.

MIMIC

Banned
Ken
EX Tatsu can be blocked low.
More recovery on jab SRK.
Can follow up jab SRK AA with EX Hadouken, just like Ryu

Thank you, Jesus. I've since learned that it's best to wait until AFTER Ken mashes his 2nd lp SRK because of its short recovery. Try to punish him on the first one and you might be kicking yourself....

FindMyFarms said:
Chun's backdash might as well be an invincible reversal, it gets her out of a lot of pressure situations. I think EX SBK is more of a tool to use as an anti-air when you're not sure which normal is appropriate at the moment.
But you can OS a backdash. And I don't really see it as an anti air, a properly spaced air normal can knock her out of it.
I'd say Chun's crazy fast normals are pretty much her best 'reversal' per se.

simtmb said:
I love this game :lol Can't believe i never tried Bison/Dictator till a few weeks after Super released though. Granted, that's when i actually decided i wanted to become at least somewhat decent in the game.

Fits my play-style, he's badass, and just incredibly fun to use. Nice to see that a friend of mine decided to upload a recent match, some silly stuff and bad inputs from both of us, although this is the most recent replay of us both that we've watched, I'm glad to actually see some progress to my game. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjRbweKpnTc

Play quite inconsistent though, either with thought and having an actual reason in doing certain things in-game, or just thoughtless rushdown that just ends up not working :lol

Man I need a break. xD

:D

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
dragonballjoseph said:
But you can OS a backdash. And I don't really see it as an anti air, a properly spaced air normal can knock her out of it.
EX SBK is totally invincible through startup but the first hit only goes forward. Certain vertical attacks stuff it because that first hit comes out too early and she's vulnerable by the time your hit lands. Crossups can stuff it because that first hit whiffs entirely even when timed well.

Hitokage said:
EX SBK is totally invincible through startup but the first hit only goes forward. Certain vertical attacks stuff it because that first hit comes out too early and she's vulnerable by the time your hit lands. Crossups can stuff it because that first hit whiffs entirely even when timed well.
I did not know that the first hit always went forward. That actually explains why I don't stuff it sometimes. :D

cHaotix8

With Dudley's current buffs, the only other things I see that needs fixing are:

- Cut 2 frames off of his cr. mk. A 10 frame sweep is ridiculous and barely useful, especially with his abysmal range.

- Get rid of slip jab and just make it his far standing jab while still being 3 frames on start up and +6 on hit. Slip jab is just a useless command normal that does more harm than help.

- Make st. hk xx lk duck neutral on block instead of -3. This problem may be fixed by EX duck, which would be great.

- Short swing blow needs to have it's hit box moved forward so that it's actually more useful. EX should have armor, since it's hella negative on block.

- Cross counter either needs gray health or be active on the first frame. There's no excuse for it being as awful as it is. Hell, a lot of the time with deep cross ups you completely miss the opponent, yet take full damage.

dragonballjoseph said:
But you can OS a backdash.
wait, you mean moves have counters ? :lol :lol

If someone's going to commit to an OS, then just backdash after blocking the OS, they'll be pushed out too far at that point.

SnowWolf said:
My favorite part is when they stopped playing and started making out.

I get 20 Bison dollars for everyone who clicked the link because of me.

FindMyFarms said:
If someone's going to commit to an OS, then just backdash after blocking the OS, they'll be pushed out too far at that point.
Wait, wut? The OS won't come out if they just block.

cHaotix8 said:
With Dudley's current buffs, the only other things I see that needs fixing are:

- Cut 2 frames off of his cr. mk.

At first I read cMP and was like zwuh!? :lol I don't really have a problem with the sweep either way.

cHaotix8 said:
- Get rid of slip jab and just make it his far standing jab while still being 3 frames on start up and +6 on hit. Slip jab is just a useless command normal that does more harm than help.

I always thought it was there so execution wasn't too easy for people, since it's not that useful, and the target combo fucks things up as well. Again, I don't really think it's an issue.

cHaotix8 said:
- Make st. hk xx lk duck neutral on block instead of -3. This problem may be fixed by EX duck, which would be great.

That would be cool. I don't like getting hit.

cHaotix8 said:
- Short swing blow needs to have it's hit box moved forward so that it's actually more useful. EX should have armor, since it's hella negative on block.

Yep, yep. Same page here. I want it faster, too, it's so hard to get counter hits.

cHaotix8 said:
- Cross counter either needs gray health or be active on the first frame. There's no excuse for it being as awful as it is. Hell, a lot of the time with deep cross ups you completely miss the opponent, yet take full damage.

It's been like that since 3s. I have more of a problem with it being armor broken, which is bullshit. I want to take full damage, but let me fucking counter everything that hits high. That's the fucking point, it's supposed to be better because you take damage, not the same.

cHaotix8

God's Beard said:
It's been like that since 3s. I have more of a problem with it being armor broken, which is bullshit. I want to take full damage, but let me fucking counter everything that hits high. That's the fucking point, it's supposed to be better because you take damage, not the same.

In 3S you couldn't get hit out of the start up. In this game you get counter hit.

I think the timing for SSB is just fine since it gives them just enough time for them to "react" and throw something out.

Cr. Mk is pretty bad right now. You can't really counter poke with it because of how slow it starts up. When I throw it out, I do it hoping the opponent will stick something out. This leaves me at a huge disadvantage just because of all the active and recovery frames.

Slip jab has pretty good range but that's about it. If that was his far standing jab he'd be able to stuff a few more things from a decent distance. That is, without having to rely on standing fierce.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
God's Beard said:

Probably one of the reasons I never use it, same as Back swing blow... just put you at a disadvantage in a lot of situations...

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
aaawwww god damnit my curiousity got the best of me :S...

I thought " I'm bored as HELL, I wonder, what will sf4 look like on my pc? "
So I proceeded to download the benchmark-tool just to have a look at the game.

All I have to say is damn you capcom, damn you to heck for not releasing ssf4 on pc. Sigh

cHaotix8 said:
In 3S you couldn't get hit out of the start up. In this game you get counter hit.

I think the timing for SSB is just fine since it gives them just enough time for them to "react" and throw something out.

Cr. Mk is pretty bad right now. You can't really counter poke with it because of how slow it starts up. When I throw it out, I do it hoping the opponent will stick something out. This leaves me at a huge disadvantage just because of all the active and recovery frames.

Slip jab has pretty good range but that's about it. If that was his far standing jab he'd be able to stuff a few more things from a decent distance. That is, without having to rely on standing fierce.

Ahh, yes, the counter hit is a problem in many situations. Not really for anything I actually use it for(Vega dfRH, blanka U1, etc), but it's definitely annoying when you're fishing for an EXCC, U2.

The reason I don't think cMK and fLP are a problem is because I don't think Dudley is really supposed to be a poke character in SFIV. Poke range is his major weakness, which is why he has all the bait and punish-type moves. The problem is that those moves don't all work well right now, making him a mid-low tier character. If SSB and cross counter worked the way they're supposed to, then his pokes wouldn't matter.

dragonballjoseph said:
Wait, wut? The OS won't come out if they just block.

There's more than one option to the OS, so ONE of them HAS to come out, ex : rog does cr. jab ~ cr. rh ~ cr. jab, if Chun Li blocks that rog gets cr. jab -> cr. jab. at that point she's safe and can back dash out since the OS is done. So if you KNOW they're going to go for OS, just block then backdash. Just like anything else in the game, OS's aren't full proof.

Also! I'm on PSN now if anyone wants to play.

FindMyFarms said:
There's more than one option to the OS, so ONE of them HAS to come out, ex : rog does cr. jab ~ cr. rh ~ cr. jab, if Chun Li blocks that rog gets cr. jab -> cr. jab. at that point she's safe and can back dash out since the OS is done. So if you KNOW they're going to go for OS, just block then backdash. Just like anything else in the game, OS's aren't full proof.
But blocking just leads to a blockstring. Like for Pimpson, I sometimes: c.jab > st.RH ~ st.jab > c.jab > c.forward.
If they backdash, they get dem toes to the dome. If they block, they get a blockstring into scissors.
And I know OS' aren't foul proof. Like how you can avoid OS' after jump ins by doing a towards punch teleport.

And do OS' work if someone does a focus backdash? Like if Ryu did a j.RH and OS'd super, and the character focused the hit and backdashed (or not backdash at all), will the super come out?

I think Dudley's f+MK OS U1 can only be stopped by blocking the MK? But then Duds just gets a free blockstring to build meter. I don't think it can be broken. Unless you reverse the MK or something.

XenoRaven

dragonballjoseph said:
But blocking just leads to a blockstring. Like for Pimpson, I sometimes: c.jab > st.RH ~ st.jab > c.jab > c.forward.
If they backdash, they get dem toes to the dome. If they block, they get a blockstring into scissors.
And I know OS' aren't foul proof. Like how you can avoid OS' after jump ins by doing a towards punch teleport.

And do OS' work if someone does a focus backdash? Like if Ryu did a j.RH and OS'd super, and the character focused the hit and backdashed (or not backdash at all), will the super come out?
Can you FADC a move that hits Focus Armor? I would guess an OS would follow the same rules. Just a hunch though. I could be totally wrong.

Chun's jump in TC/sweep OS dares you to FA backdash.

dragonballjoseph said:

That's the option select, if chun blocks that, she can backdash afterwards, as long as there's at least one frame between pokes then she can do that. If not there, then at least between the cr. jab and cr. forward.

The point is if you block an OS, there's a gap, and that gives chun an out to backdash. So if you KNOW they're going to try to OS punish your backdash, then you just block the OS and then dash.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Gonna beat some ass tonight with my new toy!

51vslk.jpg

And lower tier tournament top four have been decided!

It's going to be Ryu vs Sagat in the grand finals. :D Prove me wrong Chun and Blanka.

Good luck to everyone.

2zp5sb7.png

FMF is soooo wise.

You're like the owl from the potato chip bag.

I'm soooo disappointed. I played a coworker (during working hours) in GGPO and SFIV. He had me worried in it because he said he was really godly in street fighter and MVC2. I kept playing him because it's nice to have someone to play but it wasn't really a challenge. The worst was when we played Marvel vs. Street Fighter. I can't play that game at all and I want on a nine-game winning streak.

I have to say, SFIV/SSFIV is soooo boss (except for the reversal window).

Does anyone have a link to the SB5 interview with Justin Wong? They took it down off youtube when people complained about the girl interviewing him.

cHaotix8

God's Beard said:
I think Dudley's f+MK OS U1 can only be stopped by blocking the MK? But then Duds just gets a free blockstring to build meter. I don't think it can be broken. Unless you reverse the MK or something.

It doesn't work on characters with good back dashes, like most of the girls. cr. lk xx st. mk xx lp. mgb is a good one to catch focus and back dashes but I'm not sure it works on everyone. You can never go wrong with a meaty forward fierce.

So I bought a new headset and dongle for my arcade stick today, and apparently the new microsoft headsets don't even have the proprietary plug on them. MOTHERFUCKER. Coulda got the keyboard.

cHaotix8 said:
It doesn't work on characters with good back dashes, like most of the girls. cr. lk xx st. mk xx lp. mgb is a good one to catch focus and back dashes but I'm not sure it works on everyone. You can never go wrong with a meaty forward fierce.
Really? The U1 doesn't catch them? :-(

Marvelous

Hey guys, I was in an endless battle section and was watching some people play before I had a chance to. There was noticeable lag and I am not sure if it's because of my own connection or the people that were playing. (I left the session before my turn came up.) How does it work?

I am so new to this. :lol

vissione

Banned
Marvelous said:
Hey guys, I was in an endless battle section and was watching some people play before I had a chance to. There was noticeable lag and I am not sure if it's because of my own connection or the people that were playing. (I left the session before my turn came up.) How does it work?

I am so new to this. :lol

Ever played a fighting game with a group of friends? You win, you stay, you lose you wait your turn... or the arcade analogy whichever you're more familiar with.

Marvelous

vissione said:
Ever played a fighting game with a group of friends? You win, you stay, you lose you wait your turn... or the arcade analogy whichever you're more familiar with.

Ack, sorry. That's not what I meant. I'm talking about the lag. :lol
When I'm watching two other people playing in the endless battle mode and there's noticeable lag, is it because of my connection or the players?

I left because I thought I was messing up the experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom