• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axis

BotoxAgent said:
just that I am trying to learn Guy and I'm slow getting good with him and requires a lot of my time and attention right now, same with Cammy. With Chun, I feel pretty comfortable with her movesets and I can always come back to her and feel right at home.

don't listen to XenoRaven, I am not a traitor :)

ah, understand that. i'm really happy i started using her...i think i'm slowly getting to where i wanna be with her

Axis said:
ah, understand that. i'm really happy i started using her...i think i'm slowly getting to where i wanna be with her

I like your chun (and your cammy and mak). I am glad my first SFIV character main was Chun because I think she's a good character to learn first before jumping into other characters (she's got footsies, projectiles, charge moves, mashmoves, circle motion moves, good focus attack, etc).

Axis

BotoxAgent said:
I like your chun (and your cammy and mak). I am glad my first SFIV character main was Chun because I think she's a good character to learn first before jumping into other characters (she's got footsies, projectiles, charge moves, mashmoves, circle motion moves, good focus attack, etc).

when i'm not getting blow up :p

i think(i know) i'll stick with her for good...i just don't have as much fun with any other char...and the chun/sak combo is waaaaaaaaay too much fun. i don't see how you put up with guys shitty walk speed :p

Yeah, Guy is so slow with shitty pokes...so hard to play footsies with him (makes playing Chun feel gdlk, lol)

I lost so many games (and points) with Chun from trying to do that awesome Sako combo :)

Axis

BotoxAgent said:
Yeah, Guy is so slow with shitty pokes...so hard to play footsies with him (makes playing Chun feel gdlk, lol)

I lost so many games (and points) with Chun from trying to do that awesome Sako combo :)

rofl doing that combo repetitively put me in a position to hit c.fp->mk legs almost whenever i want tho...so i'm kinda happy i went through that phase...i just wish it wasn't so fucking hard to hit the c.fp again afterwards...it feels harder than the damn sweep but i guess i'll just have to grind it out and convert that timing into muscle memory

not-so-ninja edit: what's up with c.lk->c.lp->c.lk->c.lp->s.mp linking? i never knew this was possible before...am i just retarded or does it have to do with being pushed out so far that the last jab hits on a late active frame?

Where is my TeamSpooky Green Screen comedy hour with Kuma playing Juri on XBL?

Hearing him lament about Juri while playing Juri on a Juri background would be too much win. :lol

Axis said:
rofl doing that combo repetitively put me in a position to hit c.fp->mk legs almost whenever i want tho...so i'm kinda happy i went through that phase...i just wish it wasn't so fucking hard to hit the c.fp again afterwards...it feels harder than the damn sweep but i guess i'll just have to grind it out and convert that timing into muscle memory

For now I just follow c.fp->LL with cr.short-->ex legs or st.fp. Less damage and whatnot but I at least can double tap the short....idk what the hell one is supposed to do to make cr.fp. I am afraid to try the sako combo anymore because when your opponent is getting hit with LL, they are most likely mashing their ultra or dp in case you mess up or guess wrong.

Axis said:
not-so-ninja edit: what's up with c.lk->c.lp->c.lk->c.lp->s.mp linking? i never knew this was possible before...am i just retarded or does it have to do with being pushed out so far that the last jab hits on a late active frame?

I never knew you can do that. I think you are right about the last active frame (the same way you can link cr.rh after jab)

Axis

BotoxAgent said:
For now I just follow c.fp->LL with cr.short-->ex legs or st.fp. Less damage and whatnot but I at least can double tap the short....idk what the hell one is supposed to do to make cr.fp. I am afraid to try the sako combo anymore because when your opponent is getting hit with LL, they are most likely mashing their ultra or dp in case you mess up or guess wrong.

I never knew you can do that. I think you are right about the last active frame (the same way you can link cr.rh after jab)

i don't do full legs most of the time...not until i get comfortable with c.fp afterwards...even then i hvae to make sure i don't fuck up the input for legs cuz i don't wanna waste the meter on that if i'm trying to fadc out.

yeah i just realized i could do it with c.rh as well...makes sense as to why i see nemo constantly doing that blockstring now i suppose

Marvelous

More questions about lag and whatnot.
Say I'm playing against a person and for me, the game is flowing pretty well, but for them, it's really laggy? Who would be at fault here?

If my connection was experiencing constipation in a match, it would cause lag on my screen, right?
(In both of these situations, I am not the host. Not sure if I need to include that.)

Sorry for all of the questions lately.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Spiderjericho said:
Real talk. Last I checked, the Yanks are the world champs and beat the Phillies last year.

:lol at people living in last year. Last I checked Phillies aren't a wild card team with $200+ million payroll. If they played this minute, Yankees would get destroyed. We're on fia!

Marvelous said:
More questions about lag and whatnot.
Say I'm playing against a person and for me, the game is flowing pretty well, but for them, it's really laggy? Who would be at fault here?

If my connection was experiencing constipation in a match, it would cause lag on my screen, right?
(In both of these situations, I am not the host. Not sure if I need to include that.)

Sorry for all of the questions lately.
If you are playing someone and its like .3 sec input lag, its the same for the opponent. Input lag depend how when you and your opponent lives.

But when lag like hiccups are they its usually one or both players at fault, whether they are downloading something or watching Youtube. Depend on your internet speed.

I have no clue how people buffer a dragon punch into combos :(

like Ryu..

cr. lp cr. lp into DP

How the fuck?

I can never get a DP out.. =[

Even Cr. MK into DP I have to mash it feels like.. :lol

eissan

Cloudius12 said:
Do you use Shortcut DP motion, its easier to do then a regular DP motion.

man I HATE short cut motion, I cant count how many times a DP came up when all I wanted was a c.HP!

Marvelous

Cloudius12 said:
If you are playing someone and its like .3 sec input lag, its the same for the opponent. Input lag depend how when you and your opponent lives.

But when lag like hiccups are they its usually one or both players at fault, whether they are downloading something or watching Youtube. Depend on your internet speed.

Hmm... okay. It's usually not too bad for me, but today was just weird. It was like the game was reduced to half speed for me in one match. The other person didn't seem to have any problems doing his/her special moves and stuff. Ah well, maybe the wireless signal strength was too low at that point.

Marvelous said:
Hmm... okay. It's usually not too bad for me, but today was just weird. It was like the game was reduced to half speed for me in one match. The other person didn't seem to have any problems doing his/her special moves and stuff. Ah well, maybe the wireless signal strength was too low at that point.
Wireless is downright bad for fighting games, better to go wired

I prefer to do the actual motions. I hate the shortcuts. But I can see the advantage when dealing with continous links like crouching lp, lp, hp>srk.

And :lol @ Kadey.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
If there was one thing Capcom let us choose to take out, I would definitely choose shortcuts with easy reversals being second.

Ken has very precise links so it's good to use him to help up your execution with fireball and dp type stuff. Thanks to Eva, I picked up Ken and playing him more actually helped me out with my mains as well. As with everything, it's all about practice.

vissione

Banned
Marvelous said:

I have a feeling you're being deliberate when you never mention the bars you're playing at. I think you're expecting miracles here, where do you live?

TurtleSnatcher said:
I have no clue how people buffer a dragon punch into combos :(

like Ryu..

cr. lp cr. lp into DP

How the fuck?

I can never get a DP out.. =[

Even Cr. MK into DP I have to mash it feels like.. :lol
You can double tap df. But what I do is the actual motion. As in forward > down > df.

ASIS

Axis said:
do regular MK legs off of j.fpx2->c.fpx1...you can hide the mk inputs inside of the fp's and if you can land it you're left at +7 or 9 on hit if you do full MK legs(can link another c.fp into more legs if you can piano/slide) and if it's blocked then you're relatively safe if you only do half legs...try different variations...but not using that meter could come in handy bc her super is fucking AMAZING.

just some tips, idk i'm tired

lol i just got hit with overheads...A LOT
Thanks i'll try that. I think I play my chun much more differently than any of the guys here. Mostly because I don't rely on her lightning legs AT ALL unless I want to combo my U2. Instead I rely on H. Hazanshu which obviously always leaves me open for any attack/combo since the hit box starts so late!

ugh I need to practice badly -_-

ASIS

XenoRaven said:
You should play people that know how to bait and punish.
I have played a total of one person who baited and punished. I countered by doing a quick wake up then Cr.Lp twice. If he blocked then I simply throw them. With that match up I still found my EX SBK to be quite useful.

Nintendo-4Life said:
I have played a total of one person who baited and punished. I countered by doing a quick wake up then Cr.Lp twice. If he blocked then I simply throw them. With that match up I still found my EX SBK to be quite useful.

I would like to play you.

XBL?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Only in training mode can you do stuff like this.

Movie_0001.gif

ASIS

black_vegeta said:
I would like to play you.

XBL?
Sorry to say I don't have XBL atm. I am tethering the 3G connection from my iphone right now. Hopefully in the next few weeks I will set up a solid connection.

For the record, i'm really mediocre so yeah, and my gamertag is fantastic tuna.

Nintendo-4Life said:
Sorry to say I don't have XBL atm. I am tethering the 3G connection from my iphone right now. Hopefully in the next few weeks I will set up a solid connection.

For the record, i'm really mediocre so yeah, and my gamertag is fantastic tuna.
Well, you're already a few steps above Vegeta. :D

dragonballjoseph said:

Stay out of my business Joseph. :p

For the record, I refuse to play Greg any longer...too damn gawd-like. Need to fight Vega scrubs to make myself feel better. :lol

XenoRaven

the_log_ride said:
Dude, sent you a Friend Req. on ps3... I wanna get some Yoga sessions against dat chun
Haha sorry man. I almost never turn on my PS3 and I haven't picked the PS3 version yet. I have the next week and a half off of work, so I'll definitely play you soon.

ASIS

dragonballjoseph said:
:lol Trust me I'm prolly the worst player in this thread. My friend who is a die hard fan can beat me 10 times in a row using any character from the roster. It's either because he's that good or I'm that bad.. I think it's both though :p

Axis

Nintendo-4Life said:
:lol Trust me I'm prolly the worst player in this thread. My friend who is a die hard fan can beat me 10 times in a row using any character from the roster. It's either because he's that good or I'm that bad.. I think it's both though :p

just learn to not rely on ex sbk...best wakeup option she has is blocking...once your defense gets better your game will improve exponentially

and don't overdo the hazanshus :p focus bait for days and they have all day to get that crumple because of how shitty the recovery is...only time i really find myself using it is cancelling c.fp or c.mk or sc.fp into it for that surprise factor(and the fact that sc.fp is -3 on hit makes it damn near a necessity) or to go over fireballs and punish their poor spacing

no clue why i typed all of that

I just confirmed that my Makoto is suffering from the 5000 bp curse. I finally make it to B rank and the VERY next match unleashes a chain of losses that is damn near impossible to make a comeback. This is my third time achieving B rank with her. SF-GAF, should I drop my arcade and head to Halo Reach or what? :(

CaptainMintMan said:
I just confirmed that my Makoto is suffering from the 5000 bp curse. I finally make it to B rank and the VERY next match unleashes a chain of losses that is damn near impossible to make a comeback. This is my third time achieving B rank with her. SF-GAF, should I drop my arcade and head to Halo Reach or what? :(
The greatest growth is achieved during times of rest.

cHaotix8 said:
You guys and your points.

I'm a complete scrub, but I did notice recently that I was starting to get anxious trying to inch up to and stay over 1,000 PP with Rose. Just saps the fun out of the game for me. So I just went ahead and started playing El Fuerte and Vega from scratch to start BP at zero and take a big hit to my PP. I know that climbing the ranks is fun for some folks, but it's just not for me.

The funny thing is the act of doing this actually seems to be helping make me a better player in general. As I learn more characters I get more effective when I go back to my old mains. Just better matchup knowledge I guess.

DarkoMaledictus said:
Sad part is looking at the damage scaling... extremely hard to pull and no gratification...

I don't think it's scaling so much as not really hitting with anything. It's only a hit or two from each attack.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
DarkoMaledictus said:
Sad part is looking at the damage scaling... extremely hard to pull and no gratification...
Not so much scaling going on... also, on the Giefster

hitsugi

Kadey said:
If there was one thing Capcom let us choose to take out, I would definitely choose shortcuts with easy reversals being second.

Wow.. I think you're the only other person I've see say something bad about how stupid reversals are in SF4. Maybe I'm not reading enough..

As usual, I will repeat that I miss when mashing reversals got you kicked in the face or left in block stun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom