• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
God's Beard said:
I actually have more faith in Marn winning if Momochi goes Akuma.

For real?

I'm watching Momochi's Ken from the archives right now, and even he is showing that there's only so much you can do with Ken while Akuma can at least mix it up a bit more, and can at least cheese it out if he gets into trouble...

Skilotonn said:
For real?

I'm watching Momochi's Ken from the archives right now, and even he is showing that there's only so much you can do with Ken while Akuma can at least mix it up a bit more, and can at least cheese it out if he gets into trouble...

Marn thinks dudley vs akuma is in dudleys advantage so thats why if momochi picks ken he will have a better chance of beating marn cause its even.

Skilotonn said:
For real?

i'm pretty sure Marn's Dudley does pretty well against Momochi's Akuma

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Boring ass matches right now, that's for sure.

Daigo owning Sakos ass, hard.

Axis

FindMyFarms said:
2 or 3 characters can be all over who? And the rest of the cast has to turtle vs. who? Don't get those 2 statements. Also a lot of the cast has great offense.

Also if you're talking chun vs. cammy, you can backdash out of her divekick mixups, which is an even BETTER answer than DP if you're not cornered (yeah I know that's a pretty big if haha) but Chun does have the pokes to keep cammy out. Matchup is in cammy's favor, but it's not a slaughterhouse by any means.

agreed, it's not even close to being unfair...chun has pokes that can keep cammy grounded and even stop her tkcs pressure in general(thank god for c.lp)...same goes for rufus and his divekick pressure. the only character that gives me trouble is akuma...and bison(even tho it's in chuns favor i just have a problem with how safe bison is in general)

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Imm0rt4l said:
Meh...Ono isn't the battle director

Is it conclusive that the nerfs from the loc tests are going to be in the final? Haven't really been following ssf lately.

No. I'll be surprised if even half of the changes from the loketest make it to the final build.

Especially the changes on Cammy's tkcs. I would bet...

Ipw8R.jpg

XenoRaven

I'm not talkig specifics and I'm not trying to say it's fair or unfair. I'm saying when characters have a perceived advantage over others, people will call for nerfs. It's not really an ironic statement if someone is coming from the perspective that a few people get free offense and everyone else has to just block. Again, I'm not saying one or way or another I was just saying calling for nerfs and complaining the game is too defensive doesn't necessarily have to be contradictory. I didn't mean for it to become a topic of discussion.

That said, I don't have an issue with Cammy's dive kicks. Rufus's piss me off though.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What the f is going on? Sako turned into some kind of beast...

Axis

XenoRaven said:
I'm not talkig specifics and I'm not trying to say it's fair or unfair. I'm saying when characters have a perceived advantage over others, people will call for nerfs. It's not really an ironic statement if someone is coming from the perspective that a few people get free offense and everyone else has to just block. Again, I'm not saying one or way or another I was just saying calling for nerfs and complaining the game is too defensive doesn't necessarily have to be contradictory. I didn't mean for it to become a topic of discussion.

That said, I don't have an issue with Cammy's dive kicks. Rufus's piss me off though.

air grab as quickly as possible on rufus and it eats him alive if he tries to cross you up with a divekick...otherwise just reset him and backdash to be safe

_dementia said:
i'm pretty sure Marn's Dudley does pretty well against Momochi's Akuma
Not to mention that Dudley naturally counters a lot of Akuma-specific stuff with EX MGBs and ducking, and he has no health. Especially against a meter-hungry guy like Marn, Akuma is the worse choice.

Yoshichan

Ok... just saw the whole thing.

What?

Who the hell is that in the picture with his mouth all agap?

And I wish Team International could be Mago/Daigo/Gamerbee/Starnab/Luffy or Ryan Hart

I can't believe Cross Counter TV didn't archive the footage from yesterday. I know Ryan Gootecks will be releasing it eventually, but c'mon Son.

And Choi is not in the Cali top 8. He doesn't seem to be putting in the same work that Ortiz, Wong, Marneto, Combo, Valle, Shizza, Vangief or Champ are putting in. His best showing was Devastation 2009 and a few IPW streams, but it doesn't seem like he's really grinding (I could be wrong).

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
If Marn thinks he can handle his Akuma, I'll be kicking back and enjoying the show - for his sake I hope he doesn't pull a Marn Combo if manages to get him stunned though.

Spiderjericho said:
And Choi is not in the Cali top 8. He doesn't seem to be putting in the same work that Ortiz, Wong, Marneto, Combo, Valle, Shizza, Vangief or Champ are putting in. His best showing was Devastation 2009 and a few IPW streams, but it doesn't seem like he's really grinding (I could be wrong).

Nah it's true, he doesn't really care about winning and hasn't for a while, at this point he's just enjoying the community.

Great matches for Gods Garden. Didn't expect Sako to win after that Daigo start, but I guess momentum plays a huge part in Sako's matches.

This just goes to show that there is not a consensus best player in Super. The best are Daigo, Sako, and Mago. Can't wait for Sako vs mago.

I wish they would've gotten Uryo to use Sakura in the GGO2.

And it's debatable who is the best in Japan. As of late, many might argue Mago or Dago (and Sako for the NAH contingent). The level of play there is ridiculous (no dr'ing). Many killers Oijisan, Shiro, Maeda, Nemo, Nuki, Uryo, Tokido, Momochi, Air, Eita, etc.

In contrast, except for Evo and Combofiend's shindig, Justin has consistently dominated. If he's not there, then it's Ricky, Combo, Valle, Sanford or Arturo.

USD

Spiderjericho said:
Who the hell is that in the picture with his mouth all agap?
Pretty sure that's Nakanishi from NSB17. His facial expressions were hilarious the entire time he was on camera, wish I could find the footage (too lazy to search though).

USD said:
Pretty sure that's Nakanishi from NSB17. His facial expressions were hilarious the entire time he was on camera, wish I could find the footage (too lazy to search though).

Oh, I thought it was Sakonoko. He's probably an AI program running on someone's computer.

Spiderjericho said:
Oh, I thought it was Sakonoko. He's probably an AI program running on someone's computer.
dude really seems to be the recluse type, seemingly only participating in online tourneys and such these days

ntropy said:

Before they severed his life line and encoded his brain waves into a computer program. It's how he's able to do such ungodly links.

I was browsing through the tube and saw a video from SBO5, where he participated. But now maybe because of where he lives or other reasons, he doesn't bother to get involved in the arcade scene. When SSFIV debuts in the arcade, the scene is probably going to revert instead of this sort of hybrid console/arcade scene they currently have.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
A more appropriate team would be MDR, Mochi, Akimo, Uryo and Maeda Tison.

Daigo lost because he's a bum!

Was going to say Sako has long hair and is skinny but videos are better. :D

Hmmmmm...any minute now.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Kadey said:
A more appropriate team would be MDR, Mochi, Akimo, Uryo and Maeda Tison.

Daigo lost because he's a bum!

Was going to say Sako has long hair and is skinny but videos are better. :D

Hmmmmm...any minute now.

You are crazy!

I challenge you at NEC in Philly. FT5 for my love. All over your body.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Spiderjericho said:
Before they severed his life line and encoded his brain waves into a computer program. It's how he's able to do such ungodly links.

I was browsing through the tube and saw a video from SBO5, where he participated. But now maybe because of where he lives or other reasons, he doesn't bother to get involved in the arcade scene. When SSFIV debuts in the arcade, the scene is probably going to revert instead of this sort of hybrid console/arcade scene they currently have.

He played during arcade SF4 but not as much as others because he lives way out in the countryside now. Last time I checked he was at around 97% win rate with about 1000 matches...

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Kadey said:
I only want Fubar's love. :lol

You can have him.

We have a pending battle (fubar and I). But I didn't get to talk to him much since he was busy with his gf in Tokyo. ;)

I want Oichi.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
MarkMan said:
You can have him.

We have a pending battle (fubar and I). But I didn't get to talk to him much since he was busy with his gf in Tokyo. ;)

I want Oichi.

I believe love is primarily a choice and only sometimes a feeling. If you want to feel love, choose to love and be patient. :D

My angel babbbbbbbbbby.

whats the most recent tier list?

also i thought iplaywinner was updating there tier list monthly

also all the sako talk made me think, whos the best cammy in the us?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
KS Seven X said:
When I was like 5 years old, that song reminded me of my dead dog.

: (

I haven't gone to a wedding that did not play that song. :D Now I think of it as the wedding song.

Sanford, James Chen, Aulord, and Marlin Pie come to mind. Based on opponents and tourney wins, Sanford would be. Remember he did really good with her in EVO09 and that was vanilla. If he stuck with her now, he'd be even better.

Sanford, James Chen, Aulord, and Marlin Pie come to mind. Based on opponents and tourney wins, Sanford would be. Remember he did really good with her in EVO09 and that was vanilla. If he stuck with her now, he'd be even better.

how could i forget aulord, but sanford said himself that hes not that good with cammy anymore cause he just stopped playin her

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Kadey said:
I believe love is primarily a choice and only sometimes a feeling. If you want to feel love, choose to love and be patient. :D

My angel babbbbbbbbbby.

I'm tired of your mumbo jumbo.

Who's going to Season's Beatings Redemption?

I'll be there and hope to see you guys (whoever goes)! Stop by the Mad Catz booth.

Oichi said:
He played during arcade SF4 but not as much as others because he lives way out in the countryside now. Last time I checked he was at around 97% win rate with about 1000 matches...
Do you know what was Sako's main in arcade vanilla?

Axis

biosnake20 said:

k brad has the best cammy i've ever played...just ridiculous combos and spacing

biosnake20 said:

Probably Justin Wong:lol

There are tons of Cammy stunnas a step below all over the country though (from my experience anyway). Chen and AuLord come to mind

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
MarkMan said:
I'm tired of your mumbo jumbo.

Who's going to Season's Beatings Redemption?

I'll be there and hope to see you guys (whoever goes)! Stop by the Mad Catz booth.

You angry at me now? It was only a joke. Sheesh. Stop being Kuma. :lol

Why are all the big guys mr. sensitive?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Kadey said:
You angry at me now? It was only a joke. Sheesh. Stop being Kuma. :lol

No, I'm not angry. You know our real passion is limited to PMs and emails.

Thanks for those sexy pics Kadey <3

I didn't know you could do THAT with a FightStick! :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom